TMU out now on Steam!!!

General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Theory
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Theory » 07 Jun 2007 18:47

Heh, I see this pattern every time an established community gets their game on Steam. :) I'll sort some people out, but first I want to ask a question of you guys. This connected functionality sounds a lot like the kind of thing The Steam Community will be about, which makes me wonder whether the two will cross over at all? Does anyone know anything about how likely that might be? It would be odd for Valve to distribute a game with a system like their own, at around the time of its release, and just leave the two separate if you ask me!
Herrick wrote:it won't run
That's not telling me much, but from the fact that it's a clean reinstall sparking off problems I'd take a look at any software firewalls you have.
Drake1009 wrote:only problem with Steam is that whether it'll work for you or not depends on luck. And if it doesn't, well tough luck, last time I tried getting support their automated helpdesk system wouldn't let me actually make a trouble ticket.

Random consumption of larger amounts of system resources, and the fact that if someone hacks your account and cheats, then you'll lose the ability to play all the games you have registered there.
If you don't mind me asking, how many years ago was that? I'd say at least two, maybe three.
Wolf2000me wrote:Steam also seems to bring an increased system requirement. This has been the case with every game transitioned from standard UI to the Steam platform.
Not any more.
Wolf2000me wrote:And in order to fully use the Steam interface when the game is running, the developers will have to make sure the menu system is compatible. This means Steam console, steam server listing, etc.
The interface is irrelevant. And besides, I'd be very impressed (see my first para) if the TMU integrates that far. It'd be the first non-Source game to do so!
Zooz wrote:Really, how about getting your account and credit card number stolen? Slight disadvantage there...
Just to back dustyjo up...
wuwtk wrote:Hey since its coming to steam do you think it will be using starforce drivers anymore?
Valve don't allow them, last time I asked. (Edit: they allow it now, it seems. StarForce is included. The good news is that it can't bugger up your hardware because there's no CD!)
Last edited by Theory on 07 Jun 2007 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

SlamDunk
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TM/TMS/TMUF

Post by SlamDunk » 07 Jun 2007 18:55

http://www.steamgames.com/v/index.php?area=news&id=1065
TrackMania United Now Available for Pre-order
June 7, 2007, 12:00 pm - Eric Twelker

TrackMania United, the high-octane car racing game from Nadeo and Focus Home Interactive, is now available for pre-order on Steam. Save 10% off the regular price of $29.95 when you pre-purchase before the June 14th release.

TrackMania United, the latest title in the TrackMania series, combines high-speed racing with pure, uncomplicated fun. Drive at mind-blowing speeds on today's most spectacular tracks throughout the immense single player campaign, packed with 3 game modes and almost 200 new circuits. TrackMania United enables players to enjoy a rich gaming experience both online and offline, while taking part in a friendly and fun online community.
http://windowsgamer.com/2007/trackmania ... -to-steam/
TrackMania United Racing Towards a Steam-Powered Release

Focus Home Interactive's addictive racing game now available for discounted pre-order price.

June 7, 2007 - Rev up your engines and fire up Steam®: Focus Home Interactive today announced a distribution agreement with Valve® to introduce TrackMania United via Steam, a leading digital distribution platform for PC games. TrackMania United, the newest title in the much-loved TrackMania racing series, is available at a 20% discount for those who pre-order via Steam by June 14, 2007. The game will also be available in retail outlets in the coming weeks.

"Trackmania has captured the attention of both racing and action gamers across Europe and the world," said Jason Holtman, director of business development at Valve. "The launch of this title not only expands Steam's collection of racing titles, but also continues in the Steam tradition of introducing innovative titles to our worldwide audience of over 13 million customers and growing."

"As an unrivaled digital distribution platform, Steam is the ideal vehicle to introduce TrackMania United to audiences around the world," said Cedric Lagarrigue, Chief Operating Officer at Focus Home Interactive."

TrackMania United is the latest title in the TrackMania series, and will combine high-speed racing with pure, uncomplicated fun. The game contains all the features of the previous titles, and introduces an extensive new content editor. The new editor and in-game browser allow both veteran and rookie players the ability to create, showcase and share customized paintjobs, tracks, environments and videos. TrackMania United will offer players the opportunity to enjoy a rich gaming experience both online and offline, while taking part in a friendly and fun online community.
keyboard kontrolled since 2003 | my pc

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 07 Jun 2007 23:05

uhuh:

What I actually wonder now is if we could use our codes to unlock the game on steam too like with some other games :) it would be convenient :)

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

ToxicMarine
highway camper
highway camper

Post by ToxicMarine » 08 Jun 2007 01:47

BLaHiTiS wrote:uhuh:

What I actually wonder now is if we could use our codes to unlock the game on steam too like with some other games :) it would be convenient :)
Yeah I got that message too.
I hope we can register our keys in Steam.

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): redlion, ming

Post by ming » 08 Jun 2007 09:12

uhhh yeah, finally this looks awesome.... :3 :3 :3 guess and hope we ll have a couple of thousand new players soon^^

cant wait until june 14th
ToxicMarine wrote: Yeah I got that message too.
I hope we can register our keys in Steam.
with other games i ve bought it worked, f.ex. dark messiah (but this one is build on the steam engine...) but guess it should work for tmu as well, hopefully...
if not, i will definately get a steam copy of it

whoohaa
Manialink: mingcolor>

Luxembourg's TM-community website: www.trackmania.lu

Tom.CZ.73
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: all PC versions
Manialink(s): Tom.CZ.73, sQs

Post by Tom.CZ.73 » 08 Jun 2007 09:50

23,95$ ? :shock:

I see 39,95$ What is wrong ?

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by ming » 08 Jun 2007 09:53

Tom.CZ.73 wrote:23,95$ ? :shock:

I see 39,95$ What is wrong ?
yeah, was a bit confused too, but have a look in your steamclient news. there it should say 23,95...
but donot know why

Tsunade
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Tsunade » 08 Jun 2007 10:12

with other games i ve bought it worked, f.ex. dark messiah (but this one is build on the steam engine...) but guess it should work for tmu as well, hopefully...
I hope too ;)

I'm looking forward to get rid of starforce :twisted: My dvd drive would be an happy campers with that too :wink:
Though the "activate only every 5 day" is better than all the time ;)

I sent a mail to steam support to ask about activation. i'll keep you posted ;)

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by ming » 08 Jun 2007 10:28

Tsunade wrote: I sent a mail to steam support to ask about activation. i'll keep you posted ;)
great, thx^^

Rax
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Rax » 08 Jun 2007 11:20

anyone from the uk you can get this game for a low low price of around £12 due to the exchange rate. :)

ming
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by ming » 08 Jun 2007 11:26

Tsunade wrote:
I'm looking forward to get rid of starforce :twisted: My dvd drive would be an happy campers with that too :wink:
Though the "activate only every 5 day" is better than all the time ;)
mmm, just saw this on steamgames.com:
steamgames.com wrote:Title : TrackMania United
Developer : Nadeo
Publisher : Focus Home Interactive
Release Date : June 14, 2007
Languages : English
Contains Starforce security software.
that kind of worries me though :? :? :?

Herrick
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TM-forum warrior.

Post by Herrick » 08 Jun 2007 12:56

Starforce light; no added sugar or drivers.
The Demons man, the Demons!

Don't like my posts? Feel free to not send me multiple PMs.

Tsunade
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Tsunade » 08 Jun 2007 14:05

Herrick wrote:Starforce light; no added sugar or drivers.
Like on the DVD version. But still, no cd check ;)

Caboose
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by Caboose » 09 Jun 2007 08:05

I can't really get this!!!!!!

I have Trackmania United and i'm playing online and so on.
Are the online servers going to change to steam or something?
Can I register my CD-key on steam on June 14th?
//*Caboose*\\

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 09 Jun 2007 11:13

No, it'll all stay the same, of course, it's just an additional method of buying it.

I don't even have this Steam crap, there would certainly be a bigger outrage if everyone was suddenly forced to use it.