[Version 3.3.3] remoteCP 3 - non TMF only

This is the dedicated forum for RemoteCP4: the web based dedicated server control script.

Moderators: hal|Sascha, TM-Patrol

hal|Sascha
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

[Version 3.3.3] remoteCP 3 - non TMF only

Post by hal|Sascha » 07 Mar 2007 09:59

Hi!

remoteCP3.3.3 is a webbased external controller for the latest versions of the Trackmania dedicated server. It supports all Trackmania games called United, Nations, Sunrise and Original. remoteCP3.3.3 understands almost all dedicated server functions and also some special ones, too!

Documentation
Changelog
FAQ
Download
Screenshots
Last edited by hal|Sascha on 10 Feb 2008 16:33, edited 20 times in total.
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Audio: Soundblaster Audigy 4
Internet: ADSL 6Mbit

fredde
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by fredde » 07 Mar 2007 10:44

One thing i´d like is that it would be easier adding maps, say upload to a specific path to ftp on the box, then spec in rcp where to look for new maps and add them to current maplist automaticly without needing to spec each map individually.

/F

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 07 Mar 2007 11:14

- Add autosave_replays server option
- Fix chat popup (always pops up)
- move "add guestlist" button away from between kick and black
- when removing a challenge, possibilty to remove the file too

eyez
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by eyez » 07 Mar 2007 11:26

Nice, can't wait :)

You've already seen my suggestion in the RCP2 thread and it would be cool to have it in RCP3. I also have a few other suggestions (perhaps a little ambitions :P)..

- Better account creation/management
Although the changes from v1 to v2 made things much easier, it's still quite a hassle to create an account. I understand you don't want to use mysql to store account info as this would add a complication in setting things up. However I think with a bit of extra coding, it's possible to do all accounts management from a nice easy web interface, without having to modify a file on the server. Gery made a server records script (viewtopic.php?t=5861) which is able to store records without using an external sql database. Perhaps it would be worth studying his code to see how this was achieved, and if possible implement a version of this standalone database in RCP. You could then create interfaces for account and server creation/deletion/editing all done by the 'super admin'. And maybe have something like phpbb whereby on the first access it takes you through a few steps for creating the super admin account, and setting up the servers.

- Adding tracks
Theres nothing really wrong with the current interface but there's one thing I would improve here. When browsing the GameData/Tracks/ directory it only allows you to add one track at a time. Instead, each track in the active folder could be given a checkbox (which would be ticked if the track was already on the playlist), and it allowed you tick/untick tracks as you see fit and then click an 'update' button to apply the changes. Quite a headache i know, but it would be cool ;)

- Refresh Button
I dont see a refresh button anywhere on any of the pages in RCP. You have to click the browsers 'refresh' which asks you if you want to send the POST data and then takes you back to the overview. A refresh button would be handy to update the info in the active page.

- Adding directly from TMX
You already have the methods in place to query TMX for track info. If you didn't know, the tmx api has been modified to allow you to search for tracks by name and author. This would allow you to create an interface for searching TMX and using the 'checkbox' system to add tracks from the results. This would make track addition too easy for words. ;)

- Integration with Records program
This is by far the most ambitious of my idea's :P
It would require RCP to be TMU-only (which i dont see a problem with), and would also require a lot of work ;)

The TMU server has a new call and corresponding callback called 'echo' which allows communication between two different programs connected to the same server. If a query-response system could be established with one of these programs, it could allow RCP to retrieve all the information on players (ranks, last online etc) and track records. This would allow you to open up part of the interface to normal users and the server could link to this page in their welcome message. And best of all it wont require any additional setup, just the connection to the TMU dedi server.

If you're interested, i'm developing a version of Aseco coded in c++ (windows & linux) , which has just reached a stable build (3 days without a single problem :D). At present it does almost everything Aseco/RASP does, but with a nicer interface and it's far more responsive, and I plan to add a lot more. I would be happy to incorporate this system into my program if RCP were to use it. If you want to work together on this, send me a PM or get me on MSN ;)
AMD X2 3800+
1gb Dual-channel RAM (2x512 kingston DDR400)
PowerColor Radeon x700 256mb GFX
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 07 Mar 2007 11:57

eyez wrote:- Refresh Button
I dont see a refresh button anywhere on any of the pages in RCP. You have to click the browsers 'refresh' which asks you if you want to send the POST data and then takes you back to the overview. A refresh button would be handy to update the info in the active page.
Click on the RCP2 Logo top left.

eyez
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by eyez » 07 Mar 2007 12:22

Mistral wrote:
eyez wrote:- Refresh Button
Click on the RCP2 Logo top left.
Didn't know that, thanks :)
AMD X2 3800+
1gb Dual-channel RAM (2x512 kingston DDR400)
PowerColor Radeon x700 256mb GFX
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Mistral » 07 Mar 2007 13:39

eyez wrote:Didn't know that, thanks :)
Took me a while too ;)

XRay007
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS(X), TMN

Post by XRay007 » 07 Mar 2007 16:36

Cool nice to see RCP3 will be relased! :D
I don't have a problem if it only will be for tmu!

Maybe you can fix the problem with adding maps when remotecp is not on the same pc?

Funnyman
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMU, TMF

Post by Funnyman » 08 Mar 2007 07:19

We still use this for Nations

Plz make it available in nations too :(

Adding multiple track from a local folder or even TMX would be awsome
Ð Ξ F u n n y M a n

utal
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by utal » 08 Mar 2007 22:04

heys!

- add multiple maps
- when removing the map, possibility to remove from server
- to add a user to a specific server i need to add all servers. ex, if i just want to add a user to server 10, i need to add permissions to 00+11+22+33..etc, it would be great to say just ++10
- karma points displayed in map list

tks!
utal

hal|Sascha
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMS, TMO

Post by hal|Sascha » 19 Apr 2007 23:35

Hi all,

I justed want to let you know that remoteCP-3 going big and nice stepps at the moment :)
As some of you might allready had seen, I create a new tmbase.de site with some support for servermanagement. It should be much easier setting things up now! The nice thing now is, that remoteCP-3 reads login data and admin permissions from the tmbase database. There is no need for a such account and setting files anymore (no directory permission changes :))!
The admin login will now use ingame login and communitycode so there is now need to store passwords anywhere!

2nd big news is that the remoteCP-3 comes with a plugin system, that loads severall plugins and displays them. Plugins also have more possibilities, for example we can now use a buildin mysql functionality to save chat data to a database or other things. With the plugin system, it should also being possible to create own plugins and share them :)! Its just a single directory with some files.
All Plugins in plugin dir will be loaded automatically, no need to set them up anywhere :)

And least for the moment, the whole interface is much more like a windows programm now. I'm using ajax to reload contents or whole tabs. The chat is also ajax based and much more comfortable and the ajax systems works toghether with the plugin system. For example you can specifie own javascripts or stylesheets for your plugin which will be loaded at startup.

At the moment I've done the overview plugin, chat plugin, messaging plugin and the new update plugin, which checks if an update is available.

Ahhhh^^ but there are some things, which I have dropped away since remoteCP~2:
- Smarty Template Engine (the Engine is really good, but its to big for remoteCP)
- Style chooser @ login (could be a possible plugin later!)
- FileBrowser (will become a own plugin which will kick ass! :P)
- Chatpopup (will be useless because of the new style & ajax system)
- The messaging for admin actions, I thought it was just frustrating players on the server with stupid messages ;)
- The whole crappy javascript from remoteCP~2
- Guestlogin (I have no solution for this atm)
- and some unimportent things :D

Hope you'll like it :D don't forget to post latest wishes for the remoteCP-3, I'm going to create the missing plugins and going near to the release!

And just one little question for you, which update time (in seconds) would you prefer for reloading chatcontent or other things? Every 5 seconds? More? Less?

rgds
Sascha
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon X1950XTX
Audio: Soundblaster Audigy 4
Internet: ADSL 6Mbit

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 20 Apr 2007 14:49

Check so the new chat can show all chartes in game correct, as now some charters shows as html tags like: Å .

And take a look on the "kick" and "ban" functions now I can kick a player but hi is still in the game & the player list.

We uses the remoteCP~2

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 20 Apr 2007 17:17

I kick ban people all the time with remotecp2
maybe something wrong with your settings, as it works fine here.

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist

Post by -tK- » 20 Apr 2007 17:58

Not TMU only plz :>

utal
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by utal » 20 Apr 2007 20:43

yeah :P
-tK- wrote:Not TMU only plz :>