RASP 1.5 released

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

RASP 1.5 released

Post by Assembler Maniac » 24 Dec 2006 16:34

Yes, I'm finally releasing it. http://www.shredco.com/files/trackmania/rasp1.5.zip

Changes/Additions:
  • /players plugin centered better, was running off screen with too many players
  • Track in jukebox will stay in the jukebox until it's played, even if callvote or admin restarts a track (or makes another one "next")
  • Updated stripColors, shouldn't corrupt track or player names anymore
  • IRC Chat Bot shouldn't throw errors about invalid stream resource anymore, every time it tries to send/receive data to the channel, it will attempt to reconnect if not connected
  • Matchsave doesn't attempt to use the tpl files if saving to files is turned off
  • Matchsave reads it's enable status correctly when aseco starts up
  • Matchsave /teamname now takes several options besides the teamname. New commands are dbsave/dbclear/dbget/clear See /teamname help for more info on what they do
  • /teamname xxx no longer permanently saves your teamname, so you can change it temporarily if you want
  • Missing teamname column in players table will be added if missing when localdb is connected. This will fix some problems people have had with invalid data when players connect
  • Fixed /++ and related commands
There's probably a bunch of other stuff I've done that I don't remember, but this list is the major items.

This version has been in testing for a while at ShredCo.

As always, if you have problems, post here.
Last edited by Assembler Maniac on 11 May 2007 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
2G Kingston Hyper-X DDR 2
ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum 256M
Sound Blaster Audigy II
2x 120G Maxtor Hard drives
HDTV Tuner Card (Fusion 5 Gold)

braet
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by braet » 24 Dec 2006 20:45

Juhuuuu it is Xmas

milllan
road tourist
road tourist

Post by milllan » 25 Dec 2006 21:58

Thanks for this.. in the name of all TMN_Abondonware ppl out there :)
g.Serbia.miןlan ®

http://www.myspace.com/milllan

utal
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMO, TMS

Post by utal » 25 Dec 2006 23:52

upgraded all gotr00t servers.

tks!
utal

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 26 Dec 2006 01:01

milllan wrote:Thanks for this.. in the name of all TMN_Abondonware ppl out there :)
ASECO is not not abandonware anymore (it wasn't really abandonded anyway, Flo just ran out of time to work on it). Flo has redesigned the whole framework and I have a copy to make rasp work with. Should be able to release it soon (maybe before next year).
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
Sound Blaster Audigy II

Funnyman
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMU, TMF

Post by Funnyman » 26 Dec 2006 02:21

I think /teamname dbget is not doing what i think it should

It says:
Last edited by Funnyman on 26 Dec 2006 02:34, edited 1 time in total.
Ð Ξ F u n n y M a n

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 26 Dec 2006 02:34

Funnyman wrote:I think /teamname dbget is not doing what i think it should

It says:
you joined team.
Sorry about that. I'll look at it later tonight.
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
Sound Blaster Audigy II

Bilge
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Bilge » 26 Dec 2006 05:07

Without a doubt, one of my favourite features is the IRC bot. However I would say that it falls short of its potential in its current state. First, bugs: I have noticed that in 1.4 the output may have looked like "[$<Bilge$>] Hello", and I presume that due to the stripColors update, this has removed the extranous $ signs, but now the output is: "[<Bilge>] World", which is to say that the $ signs have been replaced with an ascii character number 25. Please fix this, whatever the cause may be. Additionally, though I don't know what is to blame, outputting the top times randomly is not expected nor desired. It would be useful information if the track name accompanied it, but I believe that it's a plugin text line that's leaking through the report filter that shouldn't be. For an example, I am seeing a lot of lines similar to "1.Bilge[02:30.90], 2.Bilge[02:31.10], 3.Bilge[02:32.10]" being reported.

As for additions; since the bot is reccommended to be in a channel of its own, and I agree, it would be neat if it would update the channel topic when it has ops to show the current server name, track name, number of players, etc.

I'll leave it at that, though I have many other ideas, for if you could implement these fixes and features, I for one would be quite happy. I can only assume that others would be too.

OK, toodles.

utal
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by utal » 26 Dec 2006 05:31

heys!

indeed! i use ircbot since the beginning :)

in this version i'm having the same problem with the strip colours, and it would be great to have the map name when the bot says the results in the channel (dont say always).

another thing is that it would be nice if the bot can auth in quakenet :)

tks!
utal
Bilge wrote:Without a doubt, one of my favourite features is the IRC bot. However I would say that it falls short of its potential in its current state. First, bugs: I have noticed that in 1.4 the output may have looked like "[$<Bilge$>] Hello", and I presume that due to the stripColors update, this has removed the extranous $ signs, but now the output is: "[<Bilge>] World", which is to say that the $ signs have been replaced with an ascii character number 25. Please fix this, whatever the cause may be. Additionally, though I don't know what is to blame, outputting the top times randomly is not expected nor desired. It would be useful information if the track name accompanied it, but I believe that it's a plugin text line that's leaking through the report filter that shouldn't be. For an example, I am seeing a lot of lines similar to "1.Bilge[02:30.90], 2.Bilge[02:31.10], 3.Bilge[02:32.10]" being reported.

As for additions; since the bot is reccommended to be in a channel of its own, and I agree, it would be neat if it would update the channel topic when it has ops to show the current server name, track name, number of players, etc.

I'll leave it at that, though I have many other ideas, for if you could implement these fixes and features, I for one would be quite happy. I can only assume that others would be too.

OK, toodles.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 26 Dec 2006 07:03

Bilge wrote:Without a doubt, one of my favourite features is the IRC bot. However I would say that it falls short of its potential in its current state. First, bugs: I have noticed that in 1.4 the output may have looked like "[$<Bilge$>] Hello", and I presume that due to the stripColors update, this has removed the extranous $ signs, but now the output is: "[<Bilge>] World", which is to say that the $ signs have been replaced with an ascii character number 25. Please fix this, whatever the cause may be. Additionally, though I don't know what is to blame, outputting the top times randomly is not expected nor desired. It would be useful information if the track name accompanied it, but I believe that it's a plugin text line that's leaking through the report filter that shouldn't be. For an example, I am seeing a lot of lines similar to "1.Bilge[02:30.90], 2.Bilge[02:31.10], 3.Bilge[02:32.10]" being reported.

OK, toodles.
Bilge, can you grab a fresh copy of 1.5 and see if stripcolors is working better? (no chr(25)'s) If you're still seeing $ show up, then either it's a badly formed string, or someone really wanted it to show up. Without seeing the exact string, I can't tell which it might be.

Utal: I can't make it show the chat text any different because it's directly mirroring the chat text from the TMDed server. There's no way to detect a scoring run and have it spit it out differently.
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
Sound Blaster Audigy II

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Assembler Maniac » 26 Dec 2006 07:06

Funnyman wrote:I think /teamname dbget is not doing what i think it should

It says:
Have you done a /teamname XXX, then /teamname dbsave on that server? If not, then there's no team name to retrieve from the database and it's acting exactly as it should.
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
Sound Blaster Audigy II

milllan
road tourist
road tourist

Post by milllan » 26 Dec 2006 10:43

Assembler Maniac wrote:
milllan wrote:Thanks for this.. in the name of all TMN_Abondonware ppl out there :)
ASECO is not not abandonware anymore (it wasn't really abandonded anyway, Flo just ran out of time to work on it). Flo has redesigned the whole framework and I have a copy to make rasp work with. Should be able to release it soon (maybe before next year).
I was talking about TMN as abandonware, since TMU is out ...
g.Serbia.miןlan ®

http://www.myspace.com/milllan

Bilge
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Bilge » 26 Dec 2006 12:05

another thing is that it would be nice if the bot can auth in quakenet
Agree. A custom "on connect" command list would be very useful, but I didn't want to go crazy with suggestions for a feature which I guess a lot of people don't even know or care how to use. Maybe we can convince AM to help us out with these features if enough people voice their demand for it ;)

Bilge
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Bilge » 26 Dec 2006 12:47

Bilge, can you grab a fresh copy of 1.5 and see if stripcolors is working better?
I have, and now the character 25s have reverted back to $ signs again.

I don't know how the code for stripColors works, but I do know PHP supports regex and so you should be able to run

Code: Select all

/(?<!\$)(\$[0-9a-f]{3}|\$[g-z])/ig
on the input string and simply strip out every match, assuming PHP regex implementation supports negative look-behind assertions. After that, simply convert every remaining instance of "$$" to "$" in one pass. If you're doing anything more than that, I would say you're overcomplicating a simple procedure. i flag is case-insensitive match, and g flag is "global" meaning match all instances in the implementation that I tested it on.

EDIT: I just read over at http://www.php.net/pcre that PHP uses the PCRE library, so that regex will definitely work.

utal
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by utal » 26 Dec 2006 18:54

yeah you're right eheh :) is just that i'm waiting (request some time ago) for this since i use the bot. the bot is excellent to monitor the server, and it would be nice if u can send the bot to a private chan.

also with the auth u can add much more protection to the Dedicated, since u can use +m and you wont get annoying ppl flooding in the irc channel :P ..

Bilge wrote:
another thing is that it would be nice if the bot can auth in quakenet
Agree. A custom "on connect" command list would be very useful, but I didn't want to go crazy with suggestions for a feature which I guess a lot of people don't even know or care how to use. Maybe we can convince AM to help us out with these features if enough people voice their demand for it ;)