Moderator: TM-Patrol

Dodo55
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Activation 3 times only...

Post by Dodo55 » 26 Nov 2006 11:49

Yesterday I decided to buy TMU.
I looked after the details of the online purchasing.
And it was good, that I did it before purchasing, because I got information about that only 3 times activation.
All I can say to it, that this is the most brutal limiting of my freedom...
THIS IS A GAME, NOT A RENTED FINANCIAL PROGRAM!
I BUY IT FOR LIMITLESS TIME! NOT RENT IT!

I know, that I can request a new serial, but as I know, I have to explain why I need to install the game more than 3 times.
If this is not true, so I don't have to explain, I can just ask a new serial, so I informed badly about the requesting, then sorry for this, but I hate when someone tries to limit and hurt my freedom.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 26 Nov 2006 12:22

I know, it sucks, but they probably need to do it to prevent fraud. Otherwise you can install it on the PCs of 100 friends, and thats not what Nadeo wants.

I don't know if you have to explain why, probably all they need is the fact that you send them the email from the email adress you registered with.

Dodo55
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Dodo55 » 26 Nov 2006 12:50

I looked after this protection(Starforce Proactive), and defaultly you can activate once, and then you have to deactivate with a code, if you want to activate again.
So this limit (3 activation with a code) is absolutely unnecessary.
I think, that the protection of TMU is set up, that you can use more activations of a code at the same time, but the code's life is limited.
The following configuration would be good: You must deactivate before activating again, but you can activate again limitless times with a code.

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 26 Nov 2006 13:11

You have to deactivate to activate again? Better tell that to the guy who installed and activated it on two computers in his home that he must've inadvertedly deactivated the first one. His problem wasn't with activation, but rather with the fact that you only get 1 online account.

I think the limit of 3 is just something that's being done in an almost standard way with online activation now a days. Without limits it'd surely get spread around quite a lot. You should still be able to get more activations if you just write and tell them for example that you upgraded your computer. Now if for example you handed out your play key to everyone you knew along with the installer you'd have to make a lot of mails saying you'd changed hardware a lot, and they might start to wonder if you play a lot around with hardware or if something else is amiss.

If the activation thing is such a problem, you can always wait for the distributor in your area to get the game out on DVD.

Dodo55
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Dodo55 » 26 Nov 2006 14:37

But why I have to tell them, that why I need to activate more than 3 times?
Why they have to know about what I'm doing with my computer?
It's my own business, that what I'm doing with my computer.

And here in Hungary, the personal rights contains rights to make unlimited backup copy of your purchased software.
So the fact, that I can't make backup copy of my TMO and TMS cd is hurting my personal rights, and the Hungarian law punishes hardly the hurters of the personal rights...
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure, that this activation limit is also hurting my rights...

Drake1009
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Drake1009 » 26 Nov 2006 15:38

You know, you can backup the download version as many times as you want so you won't lose the installer file. If you chose to manually activate it I guess you can also activate it as many times as you want as long as you don't change your hardware.

The activation requirement is based on hardware, and so they might want to know why if your computer's hardware changes for example 20 times in a month, something might be not quite living up to their rights then.

CiferFu
cyclist
cyclist

Post by CiferFu » 26 Nov 2006 16:32

hi...
i think about installing win xp 64.
well, will tmu be 64bit compatible? i don`t want to waste my last 2 activations: 1 to check if it`ll work and the last 1 cause i have to reinstall standard xp again.
<!FΣΓॐ Image

dustyjo
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMU, TMS, TMN

Post by dustyjo » 26 Nov 2006 16:36

CiferFu wrote:hi...
well, will tmu be 64bit compatible? i don`t want to waste my last 2 activations: 1 to check if it`ll work and the last 1 cause i have to reinstall standard xp again.
I think it is, because it works on vista.
-dustyjo Happy TrackManiac since Dec. 2004

robert1
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO TMS TMN TMU

Post by robert1 » 26 Nov 2006 16:37

CiferFu wrote:hi...
i think i read it was but i would double check if i where u
CPU: Intel i7 3.40 GHz
Memory: 6GB DDR3
HDD: 500GB
Optical: Super Multi Double Layer DVD+RW drive
Grapichs: Asus GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5
Over Clockers UK: "Titan Goliath" Intel Core i7 920

CiferFu
cyclist
cyclist

Post by CiferFu » 26 Nov 2006 16:41

kay.. thanks guys.
as long as it`s compatible to vista, it will be compatible to xp 64.^^
i think... eh, hope... well whatever.. i`ll see and post. ;)
<!FΣΓॐ Image

fastfred
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by fastfred » 02 Dec 2006 16:06

i had the game for a few days and decided to get it for my kids also
so i bought 3 accounts online
and i unistalled my own game to activate the 2 new ones for my kids

after being sure it was activated with the right emails an passes
i tryed to re-install my own game :(
but bad luck
the activation server would not accept my code anymore bcouse i installed it 3 times already
that was correct becouse i had also a fresh windows install and did it 3 times

now i try to get a new code to play and im waiting 24 hours , send mails to 3 diffrent supportsites
and still no reaction !!!!

i wonder ho long it can take and if its normall that nadeo decide how many times i reinstall my game \
i fuc*ng BOUGHT the game i dont rent it do i ?

i hope i get a responce today or i have to disapoint my kids and retyurn all 3 the games
becouse this way it SUCKS !!!!

my both kids are playing now , and im waiting for my **** code !!!

is this what they call 24/7 support ? 24 minutes a week ?

p.s. sorry im so pisssed !!

Holley
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by Holley » 02 Dec 2006 17:12

Seems you have a stutter Fred, thats the same thing you've said in the last few posts.

As far as the right to back up is concerned, should it take president over the publisher's right to take steps against the copiers who repeatedly rip off everyone that they can?

Piracy has killed good software houses, and even the odd computer manufacturer. I'm happy to put up with limited online activations and inability to copy the disks if it helps put the bottom feeding scum in their place.

Slig
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by Slig » 02 Dec 2006 20:40

fastfred wrote:so i bought 3 accounts online and i unistalled my own game to activate the 2 new ones for my kids
i really don't understand what you mean here. Why did you need to uninstall your game to activate the 2 others ???? if you really bought 3 games then you have 3x3 installations possible, and on each installation you can use any legal player key with the associated login created at its first use.

btw, the said 7/7 support is the online reseller (Metaboli) one : supportdownload.focus@metaboli.com , and a think you have to see with them about the installation limitation number, which is specific to them.

Dodo55
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Dodo55 » 02 Dec 2006 20:49

Undue fighting against piracy, with hurting the rights of the legal users is the most ******* deed in the world.
WAKE UP, the warez is the best advertising now.
Many person download the warez version, but they can't play online, so about 25% of them will buy the game, to play online.
But this way that Nadeo or Focus(I don't who is the responsible for the copy prot system, but I think that rather Focus) is walking will lead to that many person who decided to buy TMU will not buy it because the undue copy protection system.

I decided to buy TMU(before I informed about the limitation of activation), but probably I will not buy it...

Don't misunderstood me, I don't say, that the piracy is a good thing, I just say, that the piracy is bad, but useful thing both for the user and the creator of the software.

I want to be a programmer, and I will build things to my program that protect against piracy, but I will not go to the sky with the protection, and limit the rights of my programs users.

Dodo55
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Dodo55 » 02 Dec 2006 21:13

Holley wrote:...I'm happy to put up with limited online activations and inability to copy the disks if it helps put the bottom feeding scum in their place.
You're not normal! You giving up your rights to make more rich the publisher, who have enough money for living for 1000 years without working?
YES, I said publisher, not developer. Because the biggest part of the money you pay for the games, is going to the publisher, who did nothing, except thay had enought money to make a publisher company.