XASECO2 (TM²C) v0.93

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO2 (TM²C) v0.93

Post by Xymph » 14 Sep 2011 19:46

The new v0.93 release of XASECO2 for TrackMania² Canyon is now available. This update brings back the donation plugin and related support for planet transactions. But for servers that have been running v0.90, the donation panels of all players that already visited your server are disabled. That won't help to make them aware of the possibility of donating to your server. :wink:

Therefore I wrote a quick script to update all players' panels of a given type to a new default. It works not only for donate panels but the admin, records and vote ones too, and is included in the DOCS/ directory of the zip. First configure it with your MySQL login and password (same as in localdatabase.xml), and possibly $panelspath to point to your XAseco2's panels/ directory. Then invoke it from the command line (in Linux - don't know how that goes in Windows) while XAseco2 is shut down:

Code: Select all

$ php updatepanels.php donate BelowCPList
Furthermore, I wasn't really happy about the panel background color (NavBlue) in the initial release, because the game itself doesn't use that color for such in-race panels. In TMF with XAseco, the panel background was also selected to blend in with the game itself. So I developed a way to customize those backgrounds for each player individually, similar to the ability to chose panel positions, and also created a new window style that better resembles the in-game styles. The default panel background is set to match that.

Besides these two major features, this release includes an updated GBXDataFetcher class to handle the changes in map format that were introduced in the closed beta a few days ago, and a few other changes and fixes. Here are the full release notes:

New features and other changes in the v0.93 release of XASECO2:
  • * the donate plugin has now been ported and tested:
    • * the /donate and /admin pay commands are available
      * the panels/ directory contains a new set of TM²C-compatible donate panel templates (see /donpanel list)
      * the /admin pay confirmation dialog resembles the /donate dialog
      * remember that the server's planets amount (seen with /admin planets) doesn't update immediately after a transaction
      * important: as in TMUF, the validation key belonging to your player login needs to be entered in the <validation_key> field in dedicated_cfg.txt, and you must make an initial donation from your player login to your server login via the in-game message system, so that there are sufficient planets in the account to pay Nadeo tax on the first transaction
    * new window style Card, which resembles the game's scoreboard style fairly closely, and is therefore now the configured default
    * new panel background support with the following features:
    • * the background for the admin, donate, records and vote panels, as well as the player stats panel at the scoreboard, is now customizable
      * a new 'PanelBG' column has been added to the local database table 'players_extra' for storing each player's selected background
      * the new column will be added automatically the first time this release is run, but it is also defined in the DOCS/xaseco2.sql file as usual
      * the distribution's panels/ subdirectory can contain up to 30 panel background templates; their filenames must start with 'PanelBG'
      * there are nine standard templates in several colors, with some in transparent and blurred variants
      * the default panel background is configurable via new config.xml setting <panel_bg> (default: NavBlueBlur)
      * new /admin panelbg <xxx> command to select another default panel background for newly connecting players (requires panel background name)
      * the new /panelbg command allows players to select an individual panel background with the following options:
      • * help: Displays help information
        * list: Displays available backgrounds
        * default: Resets background to server default
        * <xxx>: Selects panel background <xxx>, which can be a style name or the sequence number from /panelbg list
        * in the /panelbg list overview a player can also click a background name to dynamically select a new background (or refresh the current one if its .xml file was updated)
      * a player's selected panel background is listed in his/her /settings output
      * the configured default panel background is Card, to match with the new default window style
      * the current default background is used for the CPS (checkpoints) panel and the system message window as those cannot be individually customized
    * the button to open the system message log is now a Txt icon in a new position to fit with the released game's chat window
    * updated the GBXDataFetcher class to handle TM²C release Maps
    * a fatal error is now reported if no masteradmin is configured in config.xml
    * added an updatepanels.php script to the DOCS/ directory to allow updating all players' panels of a given type to a new template
Bug fixes in the v0.93 release of XASECO2:
  • * the /settings output is missing the window style entry -- fixed
    * /server doesn't take the adminops.xml setting <server_planets> into account -- fixed
Please read these installation/upgrade notes carefully:

Important:
  • In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see here), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
  • For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
Grab it from http://www.gamers.org/tm2/ .

Enjoy,
Xymph

PS. Please do not PM or email me for support, but use this forum.
PPS. If you ask about MX support, I'll be forced to ignore you... it'll be in the next release.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

kremsy
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMF, TM2

Re: XASECO2 (TM²C) v0.93

Post by kremsy » 14 Sep 2011 20:24

thanks it runs :)

but with errors:
[RASP] ...Done!
[PHP Notice] Undefined index: STYLE on line 1121 in file /home/tm2esc2/includes/manialinks.inc.php
[PHP Notice] Undefined index: SUBSTYLE on line 1122 in file /home/tm2esc2/includes/manialinks.inc.php

[PHP Notice] Undefined property: Aseco::$panelbg on line 883 in file /home/tm2esc2/includes/manialinks.inc.php
You need a TM2 Server? Look on: http://www.tm2-server.net :)

New Shootmania Server available, check out: http://www.mania-server.net

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 14 Sep 2011 20:39

kremsy wrote:[PHP Notice] Undefined index: STYLE on line 1121 in file /home/tm2esc2/includes/manialinks.inc.php
[PHP Notice] Undefined index: SUBSTYLE on line 1122 in file /home/tm2esc2/includes/manialinks.inc.php

[PHP Notice] Undefined property: Aseco::$panelbg on line 883 in file /home/tm2esc2/includes/manialinks.inc.php
Did you fully update the system as instructed?
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

kremsy
road tourist
road tourist

Post by kremsy » 14 Sep 2011 20:41

i forgot chat.stats.php now the errors away.

I thought there is any new donate panel, i dont see it :)
ps. i updatet the database with the updater
strange when i take it with /donpanel list and take it it appears!

and another error: when i make /donate 10
there coems this:
Trasnaction failed: Error;: Transaction can not be created: creater is not validated

createnplay
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF TNF TM2 TMC

Post by createnplay » 14 Sep 2011 20:51

Does this mean /add now works? (Thanks for the update)

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMF, TM2C/S/V, SM
Manialink(s): undef, tmkarma

Post by undef.de » 14 Sep 2011 20:54

kremsy wrote: and another error: when i make /donate 10
there coems this:
Trasnaction failed: Error;: Transaction can not be created: creater is not validated
Did you read and done this:
Xymph wrote: ...the validation key belonging to your player login needs to be entered in the <validation_key> field in dedicated_cfg.txt, and you must make an initial donation from your player login to your server login via the in-game message system, so that there are sufficient planets in the account to pay Nadeo tax on the first transaction
And don´t forget to restart your dedicated server. :wink:
Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco,
like Records-Eyepiece, TM-Karma, Alternate Scoretable...
Visit my Lab: www.undef.name

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 14 Sep 2011 20:57

kremsy wrote:i forgot chat.stats.php now the errors away.
Thought so.
kremsy wrote:
I thought there is any new donate panel, i dont see it :)
ps. i updatet the database with the updater
strange when i take it with /donpanel list and take it it appears!
Were you logged into the server with XAseco2 running when using the updatepanels script? You better run that while XAseco2 is shut down, as with any external database update scripts.
kremsy wrote:
and another error: when i make /donate 10
there coems this:
Did you follow the important instructions about the donate plugin?

Ouwe
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, Canyon

Post by Ouwe » 14 Sep 2011 21:38

Thanks Xymph, works great. Great job again. :thumbsup:

ncaa_mac
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by ncaa_mac » 14 Sep 2011 22:52

hi and very thx for the great work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: works perfect

anyone can tell me what i must do under windows to activate the donate panel?

thx

and sry for my bad english :gobananas: i'm german

ok i can now spend planets to the server, but when my clanfriend spend it don't works :(

and is this correct that all people must paste your validkey for the transaction?

mfg

mac
Last edited by ncaa_mac on 15 Sep 2011 08:32, edited 2 times in total.

yamyam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TM1 Vanilla,TMS,TM2C

Post by yamyam » 15 Sep 2011 01:03

Hi Xymph!

First of all:
Thanks for your GREAT work and support!

I am using Xaseco2 first time on our dedicated server and running 0.9 currently and just testing and playing around some bit.

Now i noticed some kind of bad changes after Ubisoft launched the Retail Patch yesterday. This "errors" occured right after updating TM2C to the retail version - therefore i got some questions:

Screenshot 1: http://www8.pic-upload.de/15.09.11/wx5oyojzw553.jpg

Check out Pointing Arrows "A" and "B" on the above screenshot - question:
Why does some of the windows ("A") got a black background now (in retail version of TM2C) and some ("B") not?
They should all look like the "B"-Ones and done before i updated to the retail version.
Is that an error of the retail version or xaseco2 and will an update to 0.93 fix this?

Screenshot 2: http://www8.pic-upload.de/15.09.11/zixbvvajbvcy.jpg

Check out Pointing Arrow "A" - question:
Ive noticed that the personal ranks are now shown from the TM2 Client during the scoreboard :( As you can see in the background. Is it possible to disable this? Its annoying and looking terrible behind all the nice xaseco2 stats :(

I also noticed that on every scoreboard the HORN of my car is automatically used. Maybe a bug or they want it this way in the retail version .... this just besides the above 2 important facts ;-)

I would be very thankful for your help and answers and support in this caes. THANKS!
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit one of our TM2-Clanservers or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack !
You may also visit us at our Mania-Exchange Clan-Profile.

ncaa_mac
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by ncaa_mac » 15 Sep 2011 07:44

hi yamyam

@horn: yes we have it , too :-)

@screenshot2 : yes i have this problem , too. i have manual switch the screens on an other place.

i use for this the records_eyepiece.xml. look at the line:~779 there must be <!-- This Lists are only displayed at Scoretable --> , under this you can all windows change to an other place.
change:
<pos_x>this</pos_x>
<pos_y>this</pos_y>

greetz

mac

yamyam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TM1 Vanilla,TMS,TM2C

Post by yamyam » 15 Sep 2011 08:23

hi ncaa_mac!

@screenshot2:
I know how to move them, thanks - but the only way or place would be to move them to the right side (down below the mapvoting). Or where have you moved the 4 windows to? And then we wouldnt have anymore place to add the new donate window, right? :(

Lets see if xymph got a hint oder idea ;-)
GermanINSOMNIAClan!
Multigaming Fun-Clan since 1998!
» www.I-N-S-O-M-N-I-A.de «

Visit one of our TM2-Clanservers or download the INSOMNIA TM2-Trackpack !
You may also visit us at our Mania-Exchange Clan-Profile.

ncaa_mac
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by ncaa_mac » 15 Sep 2011 08:31

yeah your right.

i have disabled 2 windows there are not the favorite's to me :-)

let us wait for an idea from xymph

iNDEX
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: O,SX,2xUF,²C,²V
Manialink(s): ddstylemods

Post by iNDEX » 15 Sep 2011 12:06

Xymph wrote: * important: as in TMUF, the validation key belonging to your player login needs to be entered in the <validation_key> field in dedicated_cfg.txt, and you must make an initial donation from your player login to your server login via the in-game message system, so that there are sufficient planets in the account to pay Nadeo tax on the first transaction
Hi Xymph,

someone should point out, that it has to be like this (in dedicated_cfg.txt):

Code: Select all

<validation_key>THIS_IS_THE_PLACE_FOR_YOUR_5DIGIT_VALIDATION_CODE</validation_key>
For me it was kind of confusing, after having TMF-Servers for a long time, to use the validation_code (5 digits) instead of the validation_key (formerly the last 3 digits of you cd-key/multiplayer-key).

Nevermind, i figured it out, but just in case anybody else may tap into this trap...

@Xymph: THANKS for your effort!

Regards!
iNDEX'''
Are you looking for coppers? I´ll trade my coppers for your planets.

kremsy
road tourist
road tourist

Post by kremsy » 15 Sep 2011 12:09

thanks xymphh it worked, all what i had wrong i puttet into validation key the last 3 letters of tmcode instead of the new validation key

but the second problem the update thing

esc-clan:~$ php ./updatepanels.php donate BelowCPList
Updating players_extra entries: 21 ...
Done

in the table players_extra on each player stands:
AdminAboveChat/DonateBelowCPList/RecordsRightCorner/VoteBottomCenter

but nothing is shown...

and when i klick it via /donpanel list
it comes...