So then, what is in this update? Two new informational user commands plus new novote options for /list and /autojuke, the oft-requested search function for the music server, a couple of new configuration options, simplified Dedimania configuration (now needing only one port instead of a whole list), some performance and other enhancements, a bunch of minor new features, and a larger number of bug fixes than I had hoped after the previous release. Check out the full v1.11 release notes:
New features and other changes in the v1.11 release of XASECO:
- * new /xaseco command to display a variety of info about your XASECO installation, including uptime, the welcome message (TMF-only), and the masteradmin(s) -- the XASECO version is no longer in the /server output
* new /mod command (based on an updated GBXChallengeFetcher class) to show the (file)name for the current track's mod
* if followed by the url (alias loc) parameter, /song and /mod will also display the song's or mod's locator URL (if available), hyperlinked for easy download
* an optional search string after /music list will now list only songs with that string in their filenames or, if <cache_tags> in musicserver.xml is enabled, in the title or artist tags of .OGG songs -- the song IDs shown are the original (now possibly non-sequential) ones from the complete list so that jukeboxing still works correctly
* the /chatlog, /pmlog and /admin pmlog output can show the timestamp of each message, configurable via new config.xml setting <chatpmlog_times> (default: True)
* new /list option: /list novote to display all tracks the player didn't karma vote for
* new /autojuke option: /autojuke novote to automatically jukebox the first available track from the /list novote selection
* /list karma 0 now correctly lists all tracks without karma votes as well as those with average karma value 0 -- previously this command would list tracks with negative or zero karma but not those without any votes
* new $jukebox_adminnoskip option in rasp.settings.php to not skip tracks (if $jukebox_skipleft is true) that were jukeboxed by admins (of any tier) which left the server
* when a player whose IP address was banned re-enters after the dedicated server was restarted, [s]he is now re-banned instead of just kicked -- this insures the dedicated rather than XASECO will keep the player out on subsequent connect attempts, at least until another restart
* updated the Dedimania system to use only the new :8002 communication port (remember to open this port on your firewall/router as well) -- the load is now internally distributed on the Dedimania master server
* on TMF, the /stats output now includes the player's client build/version
* changed/added common Rounds points systems on TMF, with f1gp replaced by:
- * f1old: Formula 1 GP Old -- 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1,...
* f1new: Formula 1 GP New -- 25,18,15,12,10,8,6,4,2,1,...
* changed the public appreciation message for large donations to prevent a fraud scheme
* optimized MySQL interaction for calculation of players' server ranks (thanks Nanir)
* upon a Fatal Error, an onShutdown event is issued just before shutting down (thanks nocturne)
* the player/spectator and voting values in the $aseco->server object are refreshed at each track switch in case they've been modified (thanks undef)
* the Auto TimeLimit and music server plugins now log an initialization message before loading their respective .xml configs
* deployed updated web_access.inc.php for Dedimania communication (thanks Slig)
* removed all ShareMania support as the site was retired
- * f1old: Formula 1 GP Old -- 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1,...
- * changes in the GameInfo structure aren't detected upon restarts, only upon track switches -- fixed
* players that should have been kicked (e.g. for an obsolete client) but weren't, can cause PHP warnings -- fixed, and their finishes are ignored
* in Laps mode when /dedicps is active, local records are not detected -- fixed (thanks blue)
* there's a global $linelen conflict between plugin.chatlog.php and plugin.msglog.php -- fixed
* /list karma is allowed while $feature_karma in rasp.settings.php is false -- fixed
* in rare situations /best, /worst and /list best|worst can produce gibberish output -- fixed
* following /list with /style ## or any /*panel ## command can cause a PHP warning -- fixed
* an XML/RPC communication problem with the Dedimania server can cause a PHP warning -- fixed
* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
* Open port 8002 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server.
* In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
* For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.