[BETA PLUGIN] TM-Stats Dataplugin

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU(F),TMN(F)
Manialink(s): xai

[BETA PLUGIN] TM-Stats Dataplugin

Post by xai » 23 Jun 2010 22:34

For TM-Stats( more info on http://mania-world.net/post/tm-stats/ma ... gtm-stats/ ) I made a first concept plugin for XASeCo.(Still has a lot of string operations for player handling, will change that soon)

Now you probably wonder: what does this plugin do? Well, basicly nothing you can see on the server yet. It does however already send data to the dataserver and the dataserver already processes it(the result of which will soon be available on http://www.tm-stats.com again once the server move is done(this weekend)).

Then why do I release this plugin now already? Well, for 2 reasons: I need to test the load this plugin will give me and secondly I want your suggestions for the plugin.

The plugin is very light-weight and does most of the work when the challenge loading screen is active, so this plugin won't slow down your xaseco.

Download link: http://tm-stats.com/plugin.tm-stats.xaseco.rar

As a bonus, if you keep this plugin on your server for a while I'll place a thank-you text on your server info page on the final TM-Stats once it's done. This way everyone will know you helped me test TM-Stats :).
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Re: [BETA PLUGIN] TM-Stats Dataplugin

Post by Ant » 24 Jun 2010 02:34

This runs very smoothly for me, I think a good thing would be when you type the command /stylevote, A window pops up with buttons for the different choices to vote for.

What dya think ?

Amisxp
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Amisxp » 24 Jun 2010 08:57

i agree with ant :D

anywayz..nice idea :D

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by xai » 24 Jun 2010 11:28

Ok, thanks Ant. I'll implement that in the next version. Indeed it's a good idea, cause some people get confused because it says {idhere}. I could also make it pop up automaticly at the end of every race, or would that be annoying?
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Amisxp
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Amisxp » 24 Jun 2010 13:05

the "nice idea" comment was meant for your plugin :D

ontopic: the "pop up" could be in lower left side at the score panel
Last edited by Amisxp on 24 Jun 2010 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 24 Jun 2010 17:30

Amisxp wrote:ontopic: the "pop up" could be in the circled area
Unless your desktop is still in 640x480, such thumbnails are pointless to illustrate one small detail. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Amisxp
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Amisxp » 24 Jun 2010 18:18

there i fixed it -.-"

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 24 Jun 2010 20:31

xai wrote:Ok, thanks Ant. I'll implement that in the next version. Indeed it's a good idea, cause some people get confused because it says {idhere}. I could also make it pop up automaticly at the end of every race, or would that be annoying?
Well, there could be a config for server owners to decide if they want it to pop up at the end of the race or not, but the info message that reminds people after every race should stay there still. Also is there going to be any other commands other than the stylevote ?? cos if there is, you could have the one command (something like /tmstats) and then a window will popup with different buttons, i.e stylevote button and then buttons for other commands. So if you press the stylevote button then the next window pops up with the different choices to vote on then. I hope you know what I mean !

Anyway I look forward to your thoughts on this.
Amisxp wrote: ontopic: the "pop up" could be in lower left side at the score panel
I hope though, that if I typed the command to get the popup window to make my choices, that this window would be a nice size in the middle of the screen.

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by xai » 25 Jun 2010 22:18

Plugin could be out for an hour max on sunday evening as I will complete my server move then. This will NOT crash your xaseco
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Amisxp
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Amisxp » 26 Jun 2010 12:10

xai wrote:Plugin could be out for an hour max on sunday evening as I will complete my server move then. This will NOT crash your xaseco
well my xaseco just started crashing...so i tried removing tm-stats from my plugins list and xaseco was working fine after that

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by xai » 26 Jun 2010 12:21

Amisxp wrote:
xai wrote:Plugin could be out for an hour max on sunday evening as I will complete my server move then. This will NOT crash your xaseco
well my xaseco just started crashing...so i tried removing tm-stats from my plugins list and xaseco was working fine after that
Can you give me an error maybe that crashed it?
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Amisxp
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Amisxp » 26 Jun 2010 12:34

Code: Select all

[PHP Warning] fsockopen(): unable to connect to http://www.tm-stats.com:1337 (Establishing a connection failed because the connected party did not properly respond in time, or it was a link is interrupted, whereas the related host failed to respond.
) on line 112 in file C:\Users\Ficko\Desktop\TM Server\TMF\control\xaseco_1\plugins\plugin.tm-stats.php
[PHP Warning] fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource on line 113 in file C:\Users\Ficko\Desktop\TM Server\TMF\control\xaseco_1\plugins\plugin.tm-stats.php
[PHP Warning] fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource on line 114 in file C:\Users\Ficko\Desktop\TM Server\TMF\control\xaseco_1\plugins\plugin.tm-stats.php
well in the console it says xaseco is working, but theres nothing working on server

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by xai » 26 Jun 2010 13:05

Should be fixed now. Was a little problem that I didn't think of in my dataserver ;)
Weeeeeeeeeeee

Amisxp
road tourist
road tourist

Post by Amisxp » 26 Jun 2010 13:25

ye its working now ty :3

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by xai » 26 Jun 2010 13:48

In next version I'll make better error handling for the plugin, cause now when I restart my server for maintance it's possible xaseco doesn't work for a moment XD(or at least: gives errors)
Weeeeeeeeeeee