XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.09

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.09

Post by Xymph » 07 Jun 2009 16:11

Welcome to the 30th release of XAseco! This update brings the promised support for a global blacklist, a new access control plugin to limit players by nation (TMN) or zone (TMF), a spiffy checkpoints panel relay feature, some music server plugin improvements, a handful of minor enhancements and a few bug fixes. Once again for TMF it requires the latest 2009-05-25 build of the dedicated server, as that provides the new player slot release method along with fixes for the 2009-05-04 build, so you really should upgrade both while you're at it. Let me repeat that:

Upgrade to this XAseco version only after updating to the latest TMF dedicated server!

Here are the full release notes:

New features and other changes in the v1.09 release of XASECO:
  • * new support for a global blacklist on TMN and (especially) TMF, because at start-up the TMF server now properly loads the global blacklist specified in dedicated_cfg.txt entry <blacklist_url> and merges it with the local blacklist:
    • * new /admin mergegbl command to merge a (possibly updated) global blacklist with the server's blacklist at other times than just start-up
      * the default blacklist is configurable via rasp.settings.php setting $globalbl_url, and should be the same as <blacklist_url>
      * the /admin mergegbl command optionally accepts a http[s] URL to load another global blacklist, and access to the command is defined in adminops.xml as usual
      * when a MasterAdmin connects, the default global blacklist can automatically be merged, configurable via rasp.settings.php setting $globalbl_merge (default: false)
      * after merging, log and chat messages indicate the number of newly blacklisted logins, and the local blacklist is saved just like after a manual /admin black command
    * new support for player access control by nation (TMN) or zone (TMF) becomes available when plugin.access.php is enabled (uncommented) in plugins.xml, offering the following features:
    • * the control mechanism is inspired by Apache's mod_access and is configured via access.xml, containing the following directives:
      • * the Order section, defining the order in which the other two sections are processed
        * the Allow section, containing one or more From fields to specify nations/zones that are allowed access
        * the Deny section, containing one or more From fields to specify nations/zones that are denied access
        * the From values are case-sensitive, upper- and lowercase characters must match exactly with the players' nations/zones you want to control
        * the catch-all value for either the Allow or Deny section is 'all' (lowercase), and in that case this section cannot contain other From fields
        * for more information and examples on these directives, see the comments in access.xml and the aforementioned mod_access page
      * on TMF, a match on a specified zone will also match its subzones, e.g. a match on "Netherlands" will include all Dutch provinces too
      * denied players are kicked with appropriate log and chat messages, and on TMF the kick dialog also contains a suitable message, which can be configured in access.xml
      * the new /admin access command offers the following options:
      • * help: Displays help information
        * list: Displays current access control settings
        * reload: Reloads updated access control settings
      * player access control is disabled upon a configuration error in (re)loading access.xml
    * new /cpsspec command (TMF-only) to relay the checkpoints panel of the player you're spectating to your own screen:
    • * this feature may have some performance impact on busy servers, so it's your choice to enable it via new config.xml setting <enable_cpsspec> (default: False)
      * the /cpsspec command toggles tracking the checkpoints of a spectated player
      * if tracking is enabled and you're spectating another player in Follow or Replay camera mode, the checkpoints panel of that player is also shown on your screen, but only if the spectated player has enabled checkpoints tracking him/herself
      * the /cpsspec status is intentionally not saved among a player's personal settings, so it is off upon reconnects
    * updates for the music server plugin (TMF-only):
    • * the song list can now be automatically shuffled at start-up and upon the /music reload command (configurable via new musicserver.xml setting <auto_shuffle>)
      * new /music autoshuffle command to change the automatic shuffle setting; the /music settings output also includes the AutoShuffle value
    * on TMF, released the player slot when changing a player into spectator in /admin forcespec, /afk and action 1 (Set to Spectator) for a detected cheater
    * in Laps mode, each lap time is now stored in the 'rs_times' table (if $feature_stats in rasp.settings.php is true, of course)
    * UTF-8 encoding the welcome message, necessary on some systems to display accented characters correctly, can now be configured via new config.xml setting <welcome_utf8encode> (default: True)
    * on TMF when rank limiting by the full Jfreu plugin is in effect, the kick dialog echoes the explanatory chat message sent to a connecting player who is kicked due to a bad rank
    * on TMF when using the /bootme command, the kick dialog can optionally display a 'goodbye' message if new rasp.xml message <bootme_dialog> exists* in the XAseco start-up sequence the onSync event is now issued before the onPlayerConnect events for all current players so that plugins are initialized in a more logical order
    * during XAseco start-up global voting explanations ($global_explain = 2 in votes.config.xml) are temporarily inhibited to prevent a message flood on busy servers
    * updated the stripColors function to strip out incomplete color codes before the end of the string, and add an option so that log output doesn't show '$$' for '$'
    * in the local database the 'Name' column in table 'challenges' and the 'NickName' column in table 'players' have been increased to 100 characters -- for new XASECO installations the updated columns are defined in the localdb/aseco.sql file as usual, and for existing installs they will be modified automatically the first time this release is run
    * minor improvements in the GBXChallengeFetcher, GBXReplayFetcher and ReplayParser classes
    * this release requires the latest server build 2009-05-25
Bug fixes in the v1.09 release of XASECO:
  • * some players with numeric logins still confuse the player ID mechanism -- now really fixed
    * in Laps mode, improved laps aren't always checked for new Dedimania records -- fixed
    * the global voting explanation upon a player join doesn't appear in the TMF message window when $vote_in_window = true -- fixed
    * on some OSes a repetitive but harmless warning about "Invalid CRT parameters" in GbxRemote can occur -- fixed
Remember these installation notes:
  • Important:

* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
    * Open ports 8003, 8006, 8007, 8011, 8012, 8013 and 8016 through 8021 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
Grab it from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/ . Upgrading is always recommended, but now, due to the enhancements in the last two TMF dedicated servers, more strongly than ever. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.09

Post by FoxShadow » 07 Jun 2009 16:54

Nice! :D
Again I have a lot of work to configure my two servers. :mrgreen:

:thumbsup:

TheM
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU(F), TMN(F), TM2

Post by TheM » 07 Jun 2009 17:17

Nice! Xymph, thank you for making XASeCo... It works just perfectly!

JimmyR
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by JimmyR » 07 Jun 2009 18:51

Hi Xymph

First of all: thank you for the permanent good working on XASECO, which is a very good thing to run comfortably a TM Server (for players and admin/ops both)

Recently, I thought about the possibility of doing configuration whithin a db table instead of having this (nearly) huge number of config files...
what do you mean, could this be possible? (so, just one config file for the db access remains ;) )

I will get down the newest release and will test it on my both servers (one TMNF and one TMUF).

If you like or need, I've kind of skill in db things, due to my job (10 years of oracle and now "downgraded" to MS SQL ;) )

Have a good time!!

Jimmy
Owner of the Servers SwissWorld Join and SwissWorld United Join :pil
Nothing else (not a good driver, not a good map designer, nor a good coder for any useful things...)
(except a good beer drinker :1)

Scrawny
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: 2 X TMU

Post by Scrawny » 07 Jun 2009 18:52

Nice Work :3

What files have changed from the version 1.08?

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 07 Jun 2009 18:57

Scrawny wrote:Nice Work :3

What files have changed from the version 1.08?
http://www.gamers.org/tmn/#upgrade
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 07 Jun 2009 19:34

JimmyR wrote:First of all: thank you for the permanent good working on XASECO, which is a very good thing to run comfortably a TM Server (for players and admin/ops both)
My pleasure.
JimmyR wrote:Recently, I thought about the possibility of doing configuration whithin a db table instead of having this (nearly) huge number of config files...
what do you mean, could this be possible? (so, just one config file for the db access remains ;) )
I've admitted before that the config file situation in XAseco isn't ideal (<cough>) but part of that comes from the origin of the system where the Aseco v0.61 + RASP v1.5 system contained half a dozen files already, and another part from new plugins that each have their own configs. The advantage of that approach is that admins who don't use, for example, the Dedimania, access control or music server plugins don't have to worry about the corresponding configs either. Third-party plugins like Fufi's Widgets, Menu and AutoQueue benefit from that as well. The downside is indeed that everybody still need to familiarize themselves with a number of basic configs, and admins of full-featured systems with most or all of them.

But I don't think putting them all into a database is a good general-purpose solution, because not everyone has an easy way to manage his database (e.g. PhpMyAdmin requires a webserver) and even then it's not as accessible and easy as editing a text file. It also makes things harder for third-party plugins. Besides, it would mean a major break in compatibility for the XAseco series, which I've always tried to prevent as much as possible (remember XAseco is one of the few TMF controllers to support classic TMN and, theoretically, TMO and TMS as well).
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 08 Jun 2009 07:43

N1!

Thanx Xymph, finally autoshuffle @ startup without having to edit the musicserver plugin :thumbsup:

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 09 Jun 2009 00:53

I try to start 1.09 but get this error in aseco.log:

Code: Select all

# initialize XASECO ############################################################
[XAseco] PHP Version is 5.2.6 on Linux
[XAseco] Load settings [config.xml]
[XAseco] Load admin/ops lists [adminops.xml]
PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use string offset as an array in {Path to Xaseco}/xaseco-tmn/includes/xmlparser.inc.php on line 72
I do not understand this error, wath files do you guys need to see?
The server ia a classic TMN server
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 09 Jun 2009 04:25

lgrfbs-sweden wrote:
[XAseco] Load admin/ops lists [adminops.xml]
PHP Fatal error:
I do not understand this error, wath files do you guys need to see?
The server ia a classic TMN server
looks like u made a mistake in the adminsops.xml. did u use the old one and just add the "4" new lines? if so, check the file for any mistake like missing <> or else.
Last edited by nouseforname on 09 Jun 2009 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

jimos94
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Manialink(s): fun

Post by jimos94 » 09 Jun 2009 10:38

let me ask once again ^^ What exactly has changed in the config.xml file ? :)
http://www.tm-planet.net/ Server hosting, Interviews, Events and more :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 09 Jun 2009 10:51

jimos94 wrote:let me ask once again ^^ What exactly has changed in the config.xml file ? :)
diff is your friend (or on Windows, the tools mentioned in this thread).

jimos94
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Manialink(s): fun

Post by jimos94 » 09 Jun 2009 11:44

ok, i downloaded the tool that Assembler Maniac uses. It works great. Thanks
http://www.tm-planet.net/ Server hosting, Interviews, Events and more :)

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 09 Jun 2009 12:24

jimos94 in the config.xml I missed the line "<login>SuperAdmin</login>" add the line and the error is gone. :oops: :oops:

nouseforname adminops.xml was not any errors in

Xymph Thanks for the link

Thanks for all help !!!
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 10 Jun 2009 07:35

nice to see the upgrades. ;)

but i have a question.

Is it possible to add in plugin.rasp_votes.php a senddisplaymanialink for all vote commands in exchange for chatsendservermessage.

Now people can spam their way through the chat with typing spam and people cant read and with the manialinkpage everyone gets a popup....

thanks,

w1lla

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!