Don't upgrade to this XAseco version unless you upgraded your TMF dedicated server first!
Of course, classic TMN remains supported as well. Besides the TMF callback changes, this version also improves checkpoints processing and records validation (especially on TMF due to other new dedicated features), adds a new idlekick option, and includes a bunch of minor enhancements and bug fixes. Check out the full release notes:
New features and other changes in the v1.08 release of XASECO:
- * improved checkpoints & finish processing, anti-cheat testing and Dedimania records handling (if plugin.checkpoints.php is enabled in plugins.xml)
* on TMF, local and Dedimania records that, for any reason, don't have the correct number of checkpoints are ignored with a logged warning (if plugin.checkpoints.php is enabled)
* on TMF, used the new TMF BeginChallenge and EndChallenge callbacks (instead of BeginRace and EndRace) to trigger the onNewChallenge and onEndRace events, respectively
* on TMF, the onNewChallenge and onEndRace events are no longer issued when restarting a track; this prevents, for example, losing the next track from the jukebox and the needless repetition of all messages sent at the start and end of a track -- instead a new onRestartChallenge event is issued
* added the onPlayerIncoherence, onTunnelDataReceived and onManualFlowControlTransition events for handling the existing TMF PlayerIncoherence, TunnelDataReceived and ManualFlowControlTransition callbacks, respectively
* checkpoints in Dedimania records are now sent as a comma-separated string to the central Dedimania system in order to reduce data traffic
* on TMF, a new $specPlayFirst configuration variable (default: false) in mistral.idlekick.php can be used to first set an idle player into spectator mode (free camera) instead of kicking him/her right away
* removed the 1 second delay to set free camera mode in /admin forcespec, /afk and action 1 (Set to Spectator) for a detected cheater
* challenge names with embedded newlines no longer cause malformed messages and such (due to use of a new stripNewlines function)
* a new stripSizes function that strips only the size-related tags ($n, $w and $o) from strings, is available as alternative to stripColors
* added the new ReplayParser class for future use with the Dedimania system
* updated the GbxRemote modules to the latest versions from Nadeo
* minor code tweaks in many parts of the system
* this release requires the latest server build 2009-05-04
- * an ampersand character (&) in any .xml file crashes the XML parser -- fixed this long-standing issue (thanks Assembler Maniac)
* non-ASCII characters in the <welcome> message in config.xml cause the entire message not to be displayed -- fixed (thanks dragu)
* using /style # stores the number instead of the style name in the database as the player's preference -- fixed (thanks nouseforname)
* players with numeric logins confuse the player ID mechanism -- fixed (thanks n4p1)
* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
* Open ports 8003, 8006, 8007, 8011, 8012, 8013 and 8016 through 8021 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
* In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
* For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.