XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.08

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.08

Post by Xymph » 12 May 2009 16:37

As promised to coincide with the new dedicated server, here is a new XAseco release. Despite the relatively short change notes, this is a major release because for TM Forever it requires the new 2009-05-04 build of the dedicated server (hence the larger than usual version increment). You cannot run XAseco v1.08 on an older TMF dedicated, and while older XAseco's still work with the new dedicated, if you're upgrading the latter you might as well do the former in the same sweep. Let me repeat that:

Don't upgrade to this XAseco version unless you upgraded your TMF dedicated server first!

Of course, classic TMN remains supported as well. Besides the TMF callback changes, this version also improves checkpoints processing and records validation (especially on TMF due to other new dedicated features), adds a new idlekick option, and includes a bunch of minor enhancements and bug fixes. Check out the full release notes:

New features and other changes in the v1.08 release of XASECO:
  • * improved checkpoints & finish processing, anti-cheat testing and Dedimania records handling (if plugin.checkpoints.php is enabled in plugins.xml)
    * on TMF, local and Dedimania records that, for any reason, don't have the correct number of checkpoints are ignored with a logged warning (if plugin.checkpoints.php is enabled)
    * on TMF, used the new TMF BeginChallenge and EndChallenge callbacks (instead of BeginRace and EndRace) to trigger the onNewChallenge and onEndRace events, respectively
    * on TMF, the onNewChallenge and onEndRace events are no longer issued when restarting a track; this prevents, for example, losing the next track from the jukebox and the needless repetition of all messages sent at the start and end of a track -- instead a new onRestartChallenge event is issued
    * added the onPlayerIncoherence, onTunnelDataReceived and onManualFlowControlTransition events for handling the existing TMF PlayerIncoherence, TunnelDataReceived and ManualFlowControlTransition callbacks, respectively
    * checkpoints in Dedimania records are now sent as a comma-separated string to the central Dedimania system in order to reduce data traffic
    * on TMF, a new $specPlayFirst configuration variable (default: false) in mistral.idlekick.php can be used to first set an idle player into spectator mode (free camera) instead of kicking him/her right away
    * removed the 1 second delay to set free camera mode in /admin forcespec, /afk and action 1 (Set to Spectator) for a detected cheater
    * challenge names with embedded newlines no longer cause malformed messages and such (due to use of a new stripNewlines function)
    * a new stripSizes function that strips only the size-related tags ($n, $w and $o) from strings, is available as alternative to stripColors
    * added the new ReplayParser class for future use with the Dedimania system
    * updated the GbxRemote modules to the latest versions from Nadeo
    * minor code tweaks in many parts of the system
    * this release requires the latest server build 2009-05-04
Bug fixes in the v1.08 release of XASECO:
  • * an ampersand character (&) in any .xml file crashes the XML parser -- fixed this long-standing issue (thanks Assembler Maniac)
    * non-ASCII characters in the <welcome> message in config.xml cause the entire message not to be displayed -- fixed (thanks dragu)
    * using /style # stores the number instead of the style name in the database as the player's preference -- fixed (thanks nouseforname)
    * players with numeric logins confuse the player ID mechanism -- fixed (thanks n4p1)
Don't forget these installation notes:
  • Important:

* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
    * Open ports 8003, 8006, 8007, 8011, 8012, 8013 and 8016 through 8021 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
Download it from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/ . Upgrading is always recommended, but now, due to the enhancements in the TMF dedicated, more strongly than ever. :thumbsup:

Enjoy,
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.08

Post by FoxShadow » 12 May 2009 19:21

and.. v1.07 ? :roflol:

Very good news also the new dedicated. :thumbsup:

buzuk
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF/TMNF/TMS

Post by buzuk » 12 May 2009 20:46

huhu,
Got the answer for non existent 1.07.... server version goes from 2.11.19 to 2.11.21 :roflol: sorry :oops:
Thx 4 all again

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 12 May 2009 20:55

Everything seemed to work great.... but now the /pm 1 message doesn't work.

I write:
/players
/pm 3 test

and get "3 is not a valid player! Use /players to find the correct login or Player_ID"
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 12 May 2009 21:47

FoxShadow wrote:and.. v1.07 ?
"(hence the larger than usual version increment)"
Reading is a skill that's tough to master, I guess. :wink:
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 12 May 2009 21:53

lille79 wrote:Everything seemed to work great.... but now the /pm 1 message doesn't work.

I write:
/players
/pm 3 test

and get "3 is not a valid player! Use /players to find the correct login or Player_ID"
Oopsie, classic untested object mistake. :oops: Change aseco.php line 2144 from:

Code: Select all

$param <= count($aseco->server->players->player_list)) {
into:

$param <= count($this->server->players->player_list)) {
Fixed in the zip too. Sorry to those who already downloaded it.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 13 May 2009 09:36

That did the trick. :thumbsup: The usbTMFserver is finished very soon :)
/lille79
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: faadfad

Post by ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ » 13 May 2009 10:30

Good work guys :thumbsup:
Last edited by ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ on 13 May 2009 12:42, edited 6 times in total.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 13 May 2009 10:47

ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ wrote:We must change the
to
and the bug will be fixed
Hello?? Why are you reposting my fix, and in the reverse order so that's broken again? :grmblz:

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by FoxShadow » 13 May 2009 11:20

Xymph wrote:
FoxShadow wrote:and.. v1.07 ?
"(hence the larger than usual version increment)"
Reading is a skill that's tough to master, I guess. :wink:
Yes, specially in another language, sorry. :oops:
And good work. :thumbsup:

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Post by Knutselmaaster » 13 May 2009 18:48

Xymph wrote:
ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ wrote:We must change the
to
and the bug will be fixed
Hello?? Why are you reposting my fix, and in the reverse order so that's broken again? :grmblz:
:roflol:

holzi3441
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by holzi3441 » 14 May 2009 05:30

Please wait before installing the new server software! Because there is a bug. Our Server is set from 90k to 50k (from Nadeo), because there can play more players as set in the config.
viewtopic.php?f=132&t=21428

FoxShadow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by FoxShadow » 14 May 2009 14:28

I´ve some problems with Xaseco 1.08 (I´m using the usbTMFserver v2.6)

The first one is about the panels. No matter what I set in the config.xml, the panels are always the "default" ones. Even using by /admin recpanel xxxx command. :?
Donate panel is not showed, and is enabled in the plugins.xml.

Please look:

here is my panels config:

<!-- default panels:  empty for no panel, otherwise a -->
    <!-- filename that should be at panels/<filename>.xml -->
    <admin_panel>AdminAboveSpeed</admin_panel>
    <donate_panel>DonateBelowCPList</donate_panel>
    <records_panel>RecordsLeftSize2NoDedi</records_panel>
    <vote_panel>VoteBelowChat</vote_panel>

The second problem is my Nickname in the Welcome Screen, was showed correctly in 1.05b and older versions of Xaseco.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by lille79 » 14 May 2009 14:57

FoxShadow wrote:I´ve some problems with Xaseco 1.08 (I´m using the usbTMFserver v2.6)

The first one is about the panels. No matter what I set in the config.xml, the panels are always the "default" ones. Even using by /admin recpanel xxxx command. :?
Donate panel is not showed, and is enabled in the plugins.xml.

here is my panels config:

<!-- default panels:  empty for no panel, otherwise a -->
    <!-- filename that should be at panels/<filename>.xml -->
    <admin_panel>AdminAboveSpeed</admin_panel>
    <donate_panel>DonateBelowCPList</donate_panel>
    <records_panel>RecordsLeftSize2NoDedi</records_panel>
    <vote_panel>VoteBelowChat</vote_panel>
You are doing the same as in this post: viewtopic.php?f=127&t=20568&start=90#p151403
When people log on and you have the default settings, the all get that setting stored to their profile. When you set a new default, their profile doesn't change. If a new player joins, that person gets the new default settings, but a player that has visited your server earlier(since 1.06) won't get the new default settings, he/she will have to change their settings by themselves.
The donate-problem I can't help you with, but are you sure you personally hasn't changed the position of the donpanel to "off"? And does the people without donpanel have TMUF?
/lille79

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 14 May 2009 15:08

FoxShadow wrote:The second problem is my Nickname in the Welcome Screen, was showed correctly in 1.05b and older versions of Xaseco.
This appears to be a side effect of this fix:
Xymph wrote:* non-ASCII characters in the <welcome> message in config.xml cause the entire message not to be displayed – fixed
Which was necessary to make accented characters in the message work, but apparently it has a side effect with your nickname due to another character set conflict. So in your case you can edit aseco.php and delete the utf8_encode() calls around the str_replace(...) calls on lines 1577, 1585 and 1589.