I want someone to answer where and when to qualify in the US

Come in to speak about the competitions different organised by Nadeo and the community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Steve_Churchill
cyclist
cyclist

I want someone to answer where and when to qualify in the US

Post by Steve_Churchill » 14 Mar 2006 14:04

I keep getting links to other sites and I contact admins and NO ONE EVER gets back to me. It is NOT posted on the links given and I really want to participate.

PLEASE HELP!
Remember that the Titanic was built by professionals, and the ARK by amatuers!

CBL|ahriman
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by CBL|ahriman » 22 May 2006 15:22

Today, Games-Services announced that they will be cancelling their agreement with the company which licensed the ESWC USA preliminaries. As such, Games-Services will be using a new system of qualification for the US players for ESWC 2006 based on an application and review process.

American champions that wish to represent the USA during ESWC 2006 in Paris, France can complete the appropriate short candidate application form on the official website http://www.esworldcup.com from Friday May 19th to Sunday May 28th.

Once the applications have been received, Games-Services will be forming a committee to review and select the invitees to ESWC 2006. The committee, which will include representatives from GotFrag.com, Official Media Partner of ESWC 2006, will analyze each candidate application and will proceed to the selection of the champions according to their latest performances and their past achievements. The invited list for the Grand Final will be announced on May 30th on Gotfrag.com ( http://www.gotfrag.com ).

The final autoberth selection will consist in:
- 2 Counter-Strike teams
- 2 Warcraft players
- 2 Quake IV players
- 2 Trackmania Nations ESWC players
- 1 Pro Evolution Soccer player
- 1 Gran Turismo 4 player

Champions will have to cover their travel expenses for the event but will be accommodated in Paris by ESWC as all international competitors.

About GotFrag.com
GotFrag.com is the leading online community and resource for competitive computer gaming news, features and content. The GotFrag.com website was launched in November 2002, and reaches over 1 million readers every month. Reporting live and on-site at every major competitive gaming event in the world, GotFrag.com has become the world’s largest and most influential independent online publisher of competitive gaming news and content. For more information, visit http://www.gotfrag.com.-

Trackmania Nations ESWC Editions
[url http://www.esworldcup.com/2006/popup.ph ... petition=4]Application form[/url]
[url http://www.esworldcup.com/2006/popup.ph ... petition=4]Candidate list[/u]

Runningman
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF,TMN

Post by Runningman » 22 May 2006 21:41

i guess you understand why i stopped racing for points now huh steve :D
you can thank ggl.com for this situation....
heres what happened.
http://gotfrag.com/portal/story/32580/
Drift Forever Mod RELEASED!!
[url=irc://www.quakenet.org/trackmania]#trackmania IRC[/url] (international languages) come idle!
mikemartin.co
my cars
steam +friends
ESWC 06 USA Top Driver owned by games-services.com

scottmc
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by scottmc » 23 May 2006 00:26

So does anyone recognise any of the first 11 on the so called candidate list?
http://www.esworldcup.com/2006/popup.ph ... petition=4]Candidate

I went here (http://ranktmn.tmbase.de/index.php)
and tried looking them up (select USA then top 40) but no matches until #12 and #15. Steve's not even listed on the cadidate list nor are any of the current top 16 ladder players. But we all know the ladder is borked.

How's about a 40 player server set for a battle royal? Top players move on... Perhpas with a set number of tracks etc.

But it's an invatational? Based on what?

Runningman
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Runningman » 23 May 2006 01:43

heres the other article if your interested, its so far out of our hands its not even funny...
http://gotfrag.com/portal/story/32602/
EVERY person that wanted to qualify in the USA is effected not just in TMN. in the other games the players are devistated because up and comers BARELY have a chance. so they only want the best since its pretty much the olympics of gaming. if you read that article you will see they are taking the selection process very seriously.

and personally ive seen 3 of those top 11
[url=irc://www.quakenet.org/trackmania]#trackmania IRC[/url] (international languages) come idle!
mikemartin.co
my cars
steam +friends

Steve_Churchill
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Steve_Churchill » 23 May 2006 02:14

I have a server and would absolutely love to set something up if we could somehow get organized. I have been contacting everyone and anyone associated with this mess and now it looks like I don't get to go to Paris...BAH TO NADEO!

Runningman
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Runningman » 23 May 2006 04:19

dont blame nadeo they have nothing to do with it, they made the gg.
mikemartin.co
my cars
steam +friends

Steve_Churchill
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Steve_Churchill » 23 May 2006 22:03

Should have read the story first

***RETRACTS NEGATIVITY TOWARDS NADEO***

Steve_Churchill
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Steve_Churchill » 23 May 2006 22:11

Signed up...must check on a passport now.

I just wonder how many of the people who are signing up are actually capable of traveling to Paris.

I guess we shall see soon enough.

Runningman
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Runningman » 24 May 2006 00:29

theyre going to contact the winners before they release them on gotfrag.
mikemartin.co
my cars
steam +friends

fng_thatoneguy
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 24 May 2006 00:43

Wow, I wish I would've read this before I signed up... I have raced against Steve_Churchill, BkB98 and RooBah -- I've been lucky enough to beat some of them once or twice - but usually on ZHaDuM's server on a new track... hehe!

I think I'm good, and can compete against the best racers fairly decent, but I know these three (and potentially others, sorry I haven't raced you) would be awesome picks for Paris. I'd gladly renounce my application knowing we aren't actually going to be competing so one of those better than I could go. I'll admit, I'd have to go doing some corporate sponsor begging or take on some debt to get myself out there...

It sounded like a fun thing, but I'd rather compete for my spot than be "picked." -- If I were to pick, I'd take from the three I mentioned before because I know how good they are.

I'm really bummed we don't get to have a tourney -- I'd still love to practice tracks with you Steve_Churchill - you were saying you'd put up a server with the tracks and all... PM me and let me know the name of it, I'd like to join you some.

Hopefully next year, they'll have a prelims tourney as well as represent all kinds of tracks... puzzle, stunts, RC-style, speed and technical -- From what I've seen (I've raced a random 1/3 of the available tracks from the Mar/Apr/May packs) - they seem only speed and technical.

I think if we're judging the best players, they need to be tested on all styles of tracks.

Anyway, sounds like the competition is kind of a tanker this year for the USA -- I'll have to read up on the GGL and why we're getting the shaft... but for now, I'm rooting for the three racers I mentioned above.

I'd root for you too, Runningman, but I haven't seen you race. :) Good luck still!

GO USA!!!
Last edited by fng_thatoneguy on 24 May 2006 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

bkb98
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by bkb98 » 24 May 2006 00:49

I raced runningman many times when my nick was DAD. He won everytime!! heh only times I won was when I was lucky IMO. BTW I emailed them telling them to disregard my application because I wouldn't be able to afford to go. Of coarse I'm much better now IMO then I was then but he'd still leave me in the dust I think. I'd vote for runningman if I had a chance to just because I know he was the fastest on pretty much any track...Hope he's kept up on his practicing :P

fng_thatoneguy
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF

Post by fng_thatoneguy » 24 May 2006 05:45

I'll take your word for it, bkb98... and with as much as I've seen him participating in the community here, I'd have to imagine he's a top notch racer. I've emailed my resignation from the list to the contact email listed on the Contestants List. I'm really bummed that things played out the way they did for this... Ever since I started racing with top-of-the-ladder racers and having such great success in the short time I've been climbing -- I was really looking forward to seeing how well I could do in the qualifiers.

Now I'll just root for the US team, and hope that the "jury" will choose well!

Good luck "contestants"... go get 'em at the ESWC!

Steve_Churchill
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Steve_Churchill » 25 May 2006 01:13

LOL

Runningman and myself were pondering who was better amongst all of us and had a pretty good conversation. I think it really comes down to the track. Each player has a style or something they like or excel at so it really depends on what the surface is.

I am really hoping to meet Runningman along with Roobah and others...I want to go...SOOOOOOOO badly!

bkb98
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by bkb98 » 25 May 2006 02:29

I'll be on Air Time BBQ tonight for awhile then maybe if I got time over to Zhadum's server.. was there last night.