XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.06

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.06

Post by Xymph » 22 Mar 2009 14:42

Here is the latest release of XAseco, honoring some long-standing requests like storing checkpoints data and using them as reference for the checkpoints panel, storing donations and providing a top-100 donators list, storing customization settings for each player, and display a stats panel during the scoreboard. Also included are minor new features and tweaks, and a handful of fixes for rare and hard-to-track-down bugs. Here are the full v1.06 release notes:

New features and other changes in the v1.06 release of XASECO:
  • * new support for local checkpoints storage:
    • * a new 'Checkpoints' column has been added to the local database tables 'records' and 'rs_times', and checkpoints data will be stored for all newly driven records and finish times
      * for new XASECO installations the new columns are defined in the localdb/aseco.sql and rasp.sql files as usual, and for existing installs they will be added automatically the first time this release is run
      * the Repair records script has been updated to handle the extra columns
    * functionality of the /cps command is changed analogous to /dedicps:
    • * checkpoint references are stored for all players (according to their individual preferences) only at the start of a track, not when entering the /cps command or when the player (re)connects
      * with no parameter (/cps) the player's own local record on each track is selected or, if none is set, the last record on the pertaining track
      * /cps {1-maxrecs} selects local record 1-maxrecs on each track or, if unavailable, again the last record
      * /cps off disables checkpoints tracking altogether
      * if the checkpoints for the chosen local record are invalid (empty, or the last checkpoint doesn't match the finish time) then no record is used as initial reference during that track for the pertaining player(s)
      * checkpoint differences to the chosen reference are now shown from the first run through the track, rather than the second
      * if /dedicps is not set to off, local record tracking is superseded by Dedimania record tracking as per that setting
      * the default setting for <auto_enable_dedicps> in config.xml is now False
      * as usual, once a player gains a better finish time than the chosen reference, the checkpoints panel (TMF) or pop-up (TMN) will use those corresponding checkpoints for further updates during the current track
      * explanations why the TMF checkpoints panel doesn't appear immediately when /cps is activated (Stunts mode, spectating, and warm-up phase) are no longer shown
    * new support for storing donations and personal settings:
    • * a new 'players_extra' table has been added to the local database to store donation totals (on TMUF servers) and setting preferences for each player
      * stored settings are: the /cps and /dedicps values, and on TMF also the /style, /admin panel, /donpanel, /recpanel and /votepanel values
      * for new XASECO installations the new table is defined in the localdb/extra.sql file, and for existing installs it will be added automatically the first time this release is run
      * when a new player first connects, an entry with the server's default values is created in this table, but changed settings are subsequently stored and reloaded each time the player revisits
      * the 'donations' column is updated every time a player donates coppers to the server
      * on TMUF servers, the /stats output now includes the player's donation total
      * new /topdons command to display the top-100 of players that donated the most coppers
    * new support for player stats panels during the scoreboard on TMF:
    • * on TMF, this feature is configured via new config.xml setting <sb_stats_panels> (default: False)
      * enabling the player stats panels during the scoreboard automatically disables the rank chat messages shown at the same time
      * the panel is displayed in the lower-left corner of the scoreboard screen, and is defined by the panels/StatsNations.xml (for TMNF servers) and StatsUnited.xml (for TMUF) templates
      * the panel contains each player's server rank, record average, records total, wins total, session play time, and donation total (on TMUF servers)
      * computing the record totals can be a bit time consuming depending on the number of challenges, players and records in the database, so displaying all scoreboard panels may be slightly delayed
    * when a player leaves, the chat message (if either Jfreu plugin is enabled) and the log message now include the amount of time played in that session
    * during XAseco start-up, player join messages are temporarily inhibited to prevent a message flood on busy servers
    * on TMF, the /server and /admin server output now include the server's ladder points limits
    * on TMUF, donate panels are temporarily disabled during the scoreboard at the end of a track, as they aren't immediately responsive anyway
    * on TMF in Rounds mode, Dedimania records on lap tracks are now ignored if RoundForcedLaps is not set to the default value 0
    * on TMF in Cup mode, commands that restart the current track or switch to the next or previous one now preserve the current match scores
    * new /n1 command to send a Nice One message; also, the /gr message no longer includes the word 'All' by default
    * added the onEcho event for handling the TMF Echo callback
Bug fixes in the v1.06 release of XASECO:
  • * using /dedicps to track checkpoints of existing Dedimania records results in new/improved records not registering in some situations -- fixed
    * when a player joins during a Laps mode race and completes a lap, an invalid record is registered -- fixed (thanks princemichi)
    * in Laps mode the finish times of complete races are stored in the rs_times table -- fixed, no times are stored in Laps mode
    * if <display> in localdatabase.xml is False, other records related commands and features don't work either -- fixed
    * when using a local path for the music server, and with some http servers, the .OGG comments aren't read from the song files -- fixed (thanks HaveDerf_TMu)
As always, remember these installation notes:
  • Important:

* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
    * Open ports 8003, 8006, 8007, 8011, 8012, 8013 and 8016 through 8021 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
Grab it from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/ .

Cheers,
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.06

Post by w1lla » 22 Mar 2009 14:46

have been waiting for the /topdons pop up for ages thanks X....

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Ouwe
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, Canyon

Post by Ouwe » 22 Mar 2009 14:55

And finally this morning I had the time to update from 1.04 to 1.05b... :roflol:
And now there is 1.06 :3 :3 :3 at least now I have the time to update again :)

Thank you very much Xymph

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 22 Mar 2009 16:55

Excellent work, yet again! :D

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 22 Mar 2009 17:50

ThankYou

_relaxedracer
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: All

Post by _relaxedracer » 22 Mar 2009 18:02

Thanx , i realy like the saved checkpoints :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Got it installed , everything works perfect.

Greets , ®elaxed®acer :1
Click HERE to join FULLSPEEDMANIA 0-60k

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 22 Mar 2009 20:07

the new repairrecs.php is not inside ur xaseco release (Docs). may it would be better to add it there too.

nice job, hope now its easier to restart xaseco with full servers.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Mar 2009 20:25

nouseforname wrote:the new repairrecs.php is not inside ur xaseco release (Docs). may it would be better to add it there too.
Good catch, and that goes for repairnations.php too. Zip updated now.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by k4nm4n » 22 Mar 2009 23:11

I'm testing for about eight hours and everything is ok. Today one cheater was banned on one of our servers with the previous version of xaseco. :lol: Good job and thx Xymph :thumbsup:

ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: faadfad

Post by ЭΛ Ğ尺乇ÇØ » 23 Mar 2009 09:41

exellent work guys.Very good release. I use it.

xai
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU(F),TMN(F)
Manialink(s): xai

Post by xai » 23 Mar 2009 14:42

Nice Xymph, I see you got some ideas from CAR? :P(not that I mind, like 90% of CAR is actually based on xaseco)
Weeeeeeeeeeee

princemichi
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: O, SX, N, NF, UF, 2

Post by princemichi » 23 Mar 2009 15:25

great work. i will test this version today! :thumbsup:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 23 Mar 2009 15:45

xai wrote:Nice Xymph, I see you got some ideas from CAR?
I get ideas from lots of places, mostly from other players on actual servers or here in the forums, some by myself or from other servers controllers, and only one from CAR (the session time in the 'leave' message).
xai wrote:(not that I mind, like 90% of CAR is actually based on xaseco)
Yeah, I didn't think you'd mind. :wink: And maybe 90% is a low estimate, as credit to me seems to be missing from CAR files that I essentially wrote entirely myself, like manialink.inc.php, plugin.pm.php and plugin.server.php; or wrote to a large extent, like plugin.records.php and plugin.times.php. :P They may even contain the same bugs that I fixed in the last couple of XAseco releases.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 23 Mar 2009 16:36

Go Xymph. What you've made is just great work all the way. :thumbsup:

You always seem to find some small (and large) things to make better even if I wasn't missing them. The least you deserve is credits for what you've made.
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 23 Mar 2009 18:23

Hi Xymph found a unusual bug

[XASECO Warning] Could not write track history file D:\tmn\servertmnf\GameData\Tracks\ !
the plugins running were, plugin.serverstats.php but that wasnt the error. Try to find the solution with this from old Xaseco release.

Edit in plugin.rasp.jukebox.php line 236.

// write track history to file in case of XASECO restart
	if ($fp = @fopen($aseco->server->trackdir . $aseco->settings['trackhist_file'], 'wb')) {
		foreach ($jb_buffer as $uid) {
			fwrite($fp, $uid . CRLF);
		}
		fclose($fp);
	} else {
		trigger_error('Could not write track history file ' . $aseco->server->trackdir . $aseco->settings['trackhist_file'] . ' !', E_USER_WARNING);
	}
into:

// write track history to file in case of XASECO restart

if ($fp = @fopen($aseco->server->trackdir . 'trackhist.txt', 'wb')) {
		foreach ($jb_buffer as $uid) {
			fwrite($fp, $uid . CRLF);
		}
		fclose($fp);
	} else {
		trigger_error('Could not write track history file ' . $aseco->server->trackdir . $aseco->settings['trackhist_file'] . ' !', E_USER_WARNING);
	}
That solves my solution to the problem.

Other problem i seem to get....

[PHP Warning] Division by zero on line 1409 in aseco.php

dont get the trouble its causing but i think it has to do with this value

<global_win_multiple>50</global_win_multiple>
Last edited by w1lla on 23 Mar 2009 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!