- %n - will be replaced with player nickname
- %p - will be replaced with player ladderpoints
- %w - will be replaced with player world ladder rank
- %s - will be replaced with player server rank
- %t - will be replaced with total number of ranked players on server
"%n enters the server carrying %p ladderpoints."
"Alarm! Server invaded by %n (%s/%t)."
The two commands added by this plugin are /entermessage and /exitmessage. They will both show the player how the new message will look when formatted. Since the jfreu-plugin already does the same with fixed messages you will probably want to disable that functionality if you use this plugin.
Implementation-wise it relies on being loaded after the localdatabase-plugin, and it does not open its own database connection, but relies on the existing one. This is somewhat dodgy, and at some point I may want to rectify this. It also adds the message data in two new fields in the PLAYERS-table. You do not have to alter the table manually as the plugin adds the fields to the table if necessary. I'm not sure if there is any policy on plugins changing already existing tables, the potential for future conflicts is of course there, but I chose the easy way for now since the amount of new plugins seems fairly limited. I'm very open to suggestions and patches for enhancements.
By using this plugin you will consume a bit more database space, and you open up slightly more potential for abuse (I assume that the enter and exitmessages will fly beneath the radar of any chat-filters like badwords, and I also assume muted players may be able to express themselves via these messages). There is of course a small performance hit as well, but I think it shouldn't be noticeable in most cases.
There is a default entermessage and a default exitmessage that are currently a result of me running this plugin on the servers for my team Royal Pandas, you will probably want to change these into something more generic og more fitting for your servers.
- Put some more error checking in the code
- Implement more tags (like nationality)
- Add ingame help for users that explains the tags
- Maybe make it easier to set default messages and possibly message length and such