XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.04

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.04

Post by Xymph » 12 Sep 2008 20:45

It's that time again, here's a fresh XAseco release. This v1.04 includes the promised Round Points and Auto TimeLimit plugins, performance enhancements, improved admin IP address checking, new music server options, admin command additions and changes, a sizable set of bug fixes, and more. Here are the full release notes:

New features and other changes in the v1.04 release of XASECO:
  • * new support for custom Rounds points on TMF with the following features:
    • * custom points in Rounds mode become available when plugin.rpoints.php is enabled (uncommented) in plugins.xml
      * new /admin rpoints command to list and set common points systems, as well as custom distributions, with the following options:
      • * help: Displays help information
        * list: Displays available points systems
        * show: Shows current points system
        * <xxx>: Sets points system labelled <xxx>
        * X,Y,...,Z: Sets custom points system with specified values; X,Y,...,Z must be decreasing integers and there must be at least two values with no spaces
        * off: Disables custom points system
      * the following common points systems are included:
      • * f1gp: Formula 1 GP -- 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1,...
        * motogp: MotoGP -- 25,20,16,13,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,...
        * motogp5: MotoGP + 5 points -- 30,25,21,18,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,...
        * fet1: Formula ET Season 1 -- 12,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,4,3,3,3,2,2,2,1,...
        * fet2: Formula ET Season 2 -- 15,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,6,5,5,4,4,3,3,3,2,2,2,1,...
        * fet3: Formula ET Season 3 -- 15,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,6,5,5,4,4,3,3,3,2,2,2,2,1,...
        * champcar: Champ Car World Series -- 31,27,25,23,21,19,17,15,13,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,...
        * simple5: Simple 5 -- 5,4,3,2,1,...
        * simple10: Simple 10 -- 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,...
      * note that any players finishing beyond the last points entry get the same number of points (typically 1) as that last entry
      * new /rpoints command to show the current points system
      * additional points systems can be added to $rounds_points at the start of the plugin
    * an updated and optimized Auto TimeLimit plugin (plugin.autotime.php) by cyrus is now part of the standard distribution:
    • * this plugin works only in TimeAttack mode, and defines the timelimit for each track dynamically based on the track's author time
      * the new autotime.xml file contains the plugin's settings to determine the new timelimit (multiplication factor, minimum, maximum and default); this file is loaded only once at start-up, rather than at every track switch
      * as before, a multiplicator of zero will disable the plugin
      * the new display setting controls whether to show a timelimit message in the TMF system message window, the chat window, or not at all; a similar message is always logged
      * the type of timelimit (new, min, max, default) is included in these messages* the timelimit is rounded down to seconds in the chat and log messages
      * when there are no active players, the default timelimit is applied because of the way the TM server instantly switches tracks with no opportunity to set a custom limit
    * updates for the music server plugin (TMF-only):
    • * the song filename extensions can now be excluded in any command that shows songs (configurable via new musicserver.xml setting <strip_subexts>)
      * new /music stripexts command to show and change the strip extensions setting; the /music settings output also includes the StripExts value
      * new /music sort command to sort the song list alphabetically by song paths
      * the cache file for .OGG comments can be defined as read-only (configurable via new musicserver.xml setting <cache_readonly>)
    * in the <ipaddress> fields in config.xml and adminops.xml, it is now possible: to specify class B (e.g. 12.34.*.*) and class C (e.g. 12.34.56.*) wildcards to allow for partial IP checks on admins with dynamics IPs; and to specify multiple comma-separated IPs and/or wildcards (e.g. 12.34.56.78,98.76.54.*)
    * note to plugin authors: while the isMasterAdmin, isAdmin, isOperator and isAnyAdmin functions require a player object and check the IP address, new isMasterAdminL, isAdminL, isOperatorL and isAnyAdminL functions are now available that accept a login string (like before v1.03) and don't check the IP address
    * significantly optimized calculation of all players' server ranks after each track
    * if the Nation field in the player join/leave messages is 15 or more characters, it's abbreviated to the 3-letter country code
    * changed the ManiaLink processing to (hopefully) reduce the risk of crashing at high player counts
    * a new <logina> color is defined in config.xml and used for the admin titles in player join and other relevant messages, as well as admin logins in the /players, /admin players and /jfreu players output
    * setting empty player, spectator and referee passwords produces the appropriate log and chat messages about disabling them
    * the /admin setrefmode command without parameter now shows the current Referee mode
    * the /admin forceshowall command has been renamed to /admin forceshowopp and its 'on' option to 'all'; further, the command now accepts a number (>= 2) to force showing that minimum number of opponents
    * the /admin shutdown command will now shut down only XASECO (in order to permit restarts via the external start-up script), while the new /admin shutdownall command terminates both XASECO and the TM server
    * the output of /admin players is limited to at most 5000 entries, and the memory limit for the XASECO PHP process is increased to 50 MB, in order to further reduce the chances of memory overruns
    * if the Xdebug extension for PHP is installed, a fatal error will automatically log a stack trace
    * the /music, /admin and /jfreu commands are now able to handle multiple spaces between their parameters
Bug fixes in the v1.04 release of XASECO:
  • * players that instantly reconnect can have their win counts cleared -- fixed
    * /admin removeadmin and /admin removeop don't work when the <ipaddress> field for the pertaining login is set -- fixed
    * the /jfreu infomessages command is still boolean -- updated the command to recognize the 2/1/0 values of the underlying $infomessages variable
    * the Auto TimeLimit plugin doesn't work correctly when all connected players are spectating -- fixed
    * the Auto TimeLimit plugin doesn't work properly on servers with more than 500 tracks -- fixed
    * when a player doesn't have a Dedimania record but his/her local personal best is better than the last Dedimania record, /dedinext computes the wrong difference -- fixed
    * /admin setrefmode {0/1} doesn't work correctly -- fixed
    * /admin forceteam, /admin forcespec and /admin specfree are allowed on offline logins -- fixed
    * /admin forcespec doesn't always set the spectator into free camera -- fixed
    * in the music server plugin, messages referring to songs without .OGG comments are not formatted correctly -- fixed
    * on TMF, a newly connected player's ladder rank in the internal players list can be temporarily erased until he/she becomes official -- fixed
    * numerous PHP constructs cause silent notices during strict run-time checks -- fixed most of them
The usual installation reminder:
  • Important:

* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
    * Open ports 8003, 8006, 8007, 8011, 8012 and 8013 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
Grab it from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/ .

Cheers,
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.04

Post by f*ckfish » 12 Sep 2008 22:03

Dammit, it's time for a new menu release, isn't it? ;-) It'll take a few days since I'm still busy refurbishing my new apartment.

Anyways, nice work... again ;-) I'll try it out in a few days!
inactive, sorry

WipeOutSurfer
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMNF/TMUF/TMU

Post by WipeOutSurfer » 13 Sep 2008 03:18

Great Changes!^^

but, my server work fine with 100 more players online.... in 1.03 version.... I wait more time for update it.... I use f*ckfish plugins, and cyrus autotime too... realy its hard to update my server in this moment ^^... no have time to do!

I am just planed to work with this again ^^
Dedicated server for TMNF/TMU-F (2008-08-05)
XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.02 @ moded by WipeOutSurfer (I make separated script Xymph =] ! Dont Worry! ^^ )
[(X)Aseco] Fufi Widgets (v0.7c) @ moded by WipeOutSurfer
SystemStrikeServer 1000+ Tracks all Types!

Pesky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF
Manialink(s): rrmania

Post by Pesky » 13 Sep 2008 09:01

Great stuff.
Love the custom rounds points system.
One question though. Is it possible to set the default value in a config or in the Plugin? Or do i have to enter as an admin after Server-restart and set it by admin-command?

BR
Pesky

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 13 Sep 2008 09:08

thank you for the ip-thing update
i had some problems with admins, who lost their admin rights because of this ip check ^^ (they had a dynamic ip...)

thx for the realease will install it when fufi update is out ^^

TripleT

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 13 Sep 2008 09:33

Pesky wrote:Love the custom rounds points system.
One question though. Is it possible to set the default value in a config or in the Plugin? Or do i have to enter as an admin after Server-restart and set it by admin-command?
The dedicated preserves the current setting across XAseco restarts, so you just have to use the admin command once after restarting the dedicated, or if you want to switch to a different points system later on.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 13 Sep 2008 09:43

thanks for the new release xymph.

i installed it now and i got one issue.

the timelimit actually doesn't work for me.
the chatmessage is ok at shows the new/min/max time, but the time itself is always the same as adjusted in matchsettings.

i couldn't find any mistake... any idea?
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 13 Sep 2008 14:35

Thanks for the update and all the hard work ,to bring us these nice goodies..

FYI.
I have same auto time problem.
all the rest ..works fine

Track reall y started at 5.00 ( i was slow)
p.s. how do you really get a pic into forum ..i hosted this on file den

EDIT:
I restarted aseco again and its working on both TMNF and TMUF Servers,
Some tracks it works and some tracks it does not ..
doesnt seem to matter if they are old or new ones.
not sure why it did Time thing above

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 13 Sep 2008 16:08

djarrett wrote:I restarted aseco again and its working on both TMNF and TMUF Servers,
Some tracks it works and some tracks it does not ..
doesnt seem to matter if they are old or new ones.
not sure why it did Time thing above
I'm afraid I don't know why it isn't working sometimes, I've been using the plugin on my public TMNF server for a week or two, and it appears to do what it has to do. Let me know if you find out more.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 13 Sep 2008 16:54

well i restarted several times, and had different tracks cause i was testing something else and it had totally now function.
on linux and windows it was the same for me.
didn't find a track where it works till now.

edit: ok i think i have an idea. found a track where it works.
could it be.... if the min time in autotime plugin is lower than the time from matchsettings..... than matchsettings time have prio?! got now another track with "new timelimit" and it's ok.

edit again: i seems if the next time is longer than the actual there is an adjustment, but only in this way.
if next time should be shorter it looks like never happend.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

jumpjet
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, Canyon

Post by jumpjet » 13 Sep 2008 23:56

Magic............ thanks for the new release, I'll get it up and running as soon as I can find time to concentrate on the configs :)

A special thank you for the Admin/IP fix :thumbsup:

Cheers

weerwolf1
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: All but original

Post by weerwolf1 » 14 Sep 2008 00:12

OMG :ftw:
Been offline for 4 weeks, and you managed to bring
out 2 updates :)
As again, may be said, your the best Xymph.
Thanks.
LYNX°°°° - Maniaplanet Gaming Community!
news | clan | community | & more
°°°°

brvdboss
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by brvdboss » 15 Sep 2008 20:24

Thanks for the new release!
Installed it during the weekend and works great. Haven't had any issues with it, everything works great!

However :) (yes, there's a but ;))
In a LAN-setup, where the user-accounts are not connected to an online account, the logins are in the form "username/ip:port" which results in a new login everythim you get a new ip (for example by using dhcp)

In the following topic I propose a small hack to solve this by updating the login-field in the method ldb_playerConnect($aseco, $player) in plugins/plugin.localdatabase.php
viewtopic.php?f=127&t=18005

I don't think this would cause any harm in the real official XAseco distribution? So feel free to include this in a future release. Then I won't have to make the change manually anymore :-)

Either way, great job on XAseco!

pokwuk
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: (TMN(F),TMO,(TM(U)

Post by pokwuk » 16 Sep 2008 00:08

Hi ...Thanks for another great job... But unfornatly i got a FATAL ERROR...
[XASECO Warning] Attempt to use MasterAdmin login 'xxx' from IP xx.xxx.xxx.xx
!
Fatal error: Call to undefined method Aseco::isAnyAdminL() in C:\Documents and S
ettings\XXX\Desktop\PMSERVER104\xaseco\plugins\chat.admin.php on line 1535
Any ideas?

Yorkshire
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Yorkshire » 16 Sep 2008 04:23

Hi Xymph,

Thanks again for another release :)

I only have one issue, and I'm not even sure it's down to Xaseco!

After the upgrade I have noticed that my .ogg file album names are missing in the drop down from the top of the screen when the song starts. I know that's a Nadeo box, but they were there before the upgrade to 1.04. The rest of the info (Track Name, Artist, Comment) is there.

Could you check that for me please? If it's not Xaseco I'm stuck!

Regards,

Nick.