XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.03

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.03

Post by Xymph » 19 Aug 2008 21:32

As promised, here is the new XAseco update to address the recent account spoofing problem. This v1.03 release offers two new mechanisms to enhance the security of your server and prevent spoofed admin logins from wreaking havoc, as well as a way to permanently ban offending IP addresses across dedicated server restarts. Also included are a lot of new configuration settings for features that were previously hard-coded in various source files, a few rough edges on the TMF system message window are polished away, and there are some minor tweaks and bug fixes.

Note that this release requires the new 2008-08-05 build. Here are the full release notes:

New features and other changes in the v1.03 release of XASECO:
  • * new support for an admin lock password:
    • * a lock password for /admin and /jfreu commands, as well as other admin abilities and the admin panel, can be configured via new config.xml setting <lock_password>
      * if the password setting is non-empty, admins of any tier have to enter a password before being able to use admin commands and features
      * the new /admin unlock command compares the supplied password with the above setting, and unlocks the admin commands and features if valid
      * the unlock status is remembered for the duration of the player session, so after every reconnect admins will have to enter the password again before they are fully authorized
      * when an /admin or /jfreu command is not permitted, the error message does not distinguish between a login without admin abilities and the absence of its unlock status, so a player with a spoofed login is left guessing whether the login indeed belongs to an admin or whether an unlock password is required
    * new support for admin IP addresses:
    • * after each <tmlogin> field in the <masteradmins> section in config.xml there is now an <ipaddress> field which, if not empty, should contain the IP address that this MasterAdmin login is authorized from
      * similarly, after each <tmlogin> field in the <admins> and <operators> sections in adminops.xml there are now <ipaddress> fields which, if not empty, should contain the IP addresses that these Admin and Operator logins are authorized from
      * if the specified IP address for a given login does not match, a player with a spoofed MasterAdmin, Admin or Operator login will only have normal player abilities, and any unauthorized attempts to use admin commands are logged
      * when starting v1.03 for the first time it is not necessary to add <ipaddress> fields to your adminops.xml file, as empty fields will be created and saved automatically the next time that this file is written (e.g. with /admin writeabilities) -- IP addresses for existing logins can then be added manually, and the file reloaded with /admin readabilities
      * when using this security feature for the <masteradmins> section in config.xml, you do have to manually add the <ipaddress> fields to the file, whether empty or with actual IP addresses
      * newly added admins and operators will always be saved to adminops.xml with their IP address, so if you are not using this security feature you can manually delete the address from the file, and then reload it
      * note to plugin authors: because of these two security features the parameter type for the allowAbility, isMasterAdmin, isAdmin, isOperator and isAnyAdmin functions changed from a login string to a player object
    * new support for IP address bans, in co-operation with regular server bans (which are not preserved across TM server restarts):
    • * the new bannedips.xml file can contain a list of banned IP addresses, which is automatically loaded at XASECO start-up
      * the IP addresses of players are checked against the list upon connecting, and banned players are kicked with a banned IP message
      * the existing /admin ban and /admin unban commands also add/remove the IP address of the pertaining player to/from the banned IPs list
      * the new /admin banip command adds a manually specified IP address to the list, and /admin unbanip removes an IP address from the list -- /admin banip does not require the pertaining player to be online like /admin ban does
      * the new /admin showiplist command (alias /admin listips) displays the current list of banned IP addresses -- on TMF if config.xml setting <clickable_lists> is True, the addresses in the output are buttons to invoke /admin unbanip on the selected IP
      * the new /admin cleaniplist command deletes the entire list of banned IP addresses
      * all commands automatically write the updated bannedips.xml file, but the new /admin writeiplist and /admin readiplist commands can also be used to write/read the list whenever you want
    * on TMF when plugin.msglog.php is enabled:
    • * a small arrow button is displayed in the lower-left corner above the chat window button that will invoke /msglog, allowing to quickly review the system message history
      * the system message window now always displays the last 5 message lines, and the /msglog output has been reduced to a single-page window of 21 lines to avoid having to page in order to read the latest messages
      * global jukebox messages can now be diverted to the window, configurable via rasp.settings.php setting $jukebox_in_window (true/false)
      * global chat-based vote messages can also be diverted to the window, configurable via votes.config.php setting $vote_in_window (true/false)
    * new /admin writeabilities and /admin readabilities commands to write and read the admins/operators/abilities list to and from disk
    * the player join/leave messages (for both the full and lite Jfreu plugins) are defined via new jfreu.config.php settings $player_join, $player_joins, and $player_left
    * an optional divider message at the start of each track shows the name, author and author time, configurable via new config.xml setting <show_curtrack> (2 = TMF message window, 1 = chat, 0 = off)
    * it's now possible to specify multiple track IDs to /admin add (but not to /add due to the voting process) in order to quickly download more than one track from TMX or ShareMania -- the optional TMX section or SM parameter should be last
    * when the target player of a /kick vote leaves before the vote completes, the vote is now cancelled
    * the karma message at the start of each track can now be disabled via new rasp.settings.php setting $karma_show_start (true/false)
    * the Dedimania welcome message for a newly connecting player can also be disabled via new dedimania.xml setting <show_welcome> (True/False)
    * the default name for the blacklist file used by /admin readblacklist and /admin writeblacklist is now configurable via new config.xml setting <blacklist_file> (default: blacklist.txt) -- note that the TM server will continue to load the blacklist file with its default name at start-up, unless you adjust <blacklist_filename> in dedicated_cfg.txt as well
    * the default name for the guestlist file used by /admin readguestlist and /admin writeguestlist is also configurable via new config.xml setting <guestlist_file> (default: guestlist.txt) -- note that the TM server will continue to load the guestlist file with its default name at start-up, unless you adjust <guestlist_filename> in dedicated_cfg.txt as well
    * the default name for the track history file is now configurable via new config.xml setting <trackhist_file> (default: trackhist.txt)
    * the output of /admin players is limited to at most 10000 entries to prevent possible memory overruns
    * the background of the TMF system message window is changed from transparent into blurry to enhance readability of the messages
    * a high-level outline of all of XASECO's features and plugins can be found on the new Overview page
    * the Upgrade notes for earlier versions are now archived on a separate page
    * this release requires the latest server build 2008-08-05
Bug fixes in the v1.03 release of XASECO:
  • * on TMF with the Jfreu info messages diverted to the system message window, the /message command makes the window pop up much longer than the <window_timeout> value -- fixed
    * if <cache_tags> in musicserver.xml is disabled, the /music list output isn't formatted correctly -- fixed
    * attempts to /admin ban offline players are allowed (and naturally always fail) -- fixed
    * the Z-value of the TMF /admin pay dialog puts it behind the full chat window -- fixed
Keep these installation notes in mind:
  • Important:

* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
    * Open ports 8003, 8006, 8007, 8011, 8012 and 8013 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and *.PHP config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you can (and have to) unzip the download and replace all the PHP code files, without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/PHP config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
Grab it from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/ .

Enjoy,
Xymph

PS. If you really need to use an older dedicated, then you can backdate the TMF_BUILD constant in aseco.php.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

relaxedracer

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.03

Post by relaxedracer » 20 Aug 2008 04:00

I just installed it works perfect :thumbsup: great job

i have a question about the repair recs , i have like 150 tracks in the server but when i do repair it says found 275 tracks , i deleted allot of maps , is there a script for when a track is not in the tracklist it can be removed from the data base ? (saves allot of data space i think)

Greets

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Aug 2008 08:46

relaxedracer wrote:i have a question about the repair recs , i have like 150 tracks in the server but when i do repair it says found 275 tracks , i deleted allot of maps , is there a script for when a track is not in the tracklist it can be removed from the data base ? (saves allot of data space i think)
I don't have a script for that, and it wouldn't save much space in the database (just 130 bytes or so per track, which doesn't affect database performance at all). Only the hundreds of records and rs_times entries, that might exist for a track that's been played for a while before deletion, take up enough space that it's worth pruning them, hence the $prune_records_times option in rasp.settings.php.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

relaxedracer

Post by relaxedracer » 20 Aug 2008 13:08

Xymph wrote:I don't have a script for that, and it wouldn't save much space in the database (just 130 bytes or so per track, which doesn't affect database performance at all). Only the hundreds of records and rs_times entries, that might exist for a track that's been played for a while before deletion, take up enough space that it's worth pruning them, hence the $prune_records_times option in rasp.settings.php.
thanx i did that + used the "prunerecs.php" :thumbsup:
its half the size it was before , great :1

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 20 Aug 2008 13:44

Nice with a security release to keep those nasty hacker away :-) I have not had much time to be on the forum so i have a few small things :-)

Version 1.03 seems to have reintroduced the players wins being reset bug :D

Code: Select all

[08/20,14:40:09] >> player 167 left the game [mpagh : $i$06fdizL$f00$o'$o$fff PagH]
[08/20,14:40:09] << player 153 joined the game [mpagh : $i$06fdizL$f00$o'$o$fff PagH : Denmark : 35206 : 80.161.101.94]
[XASECO Warning] Could not insert connecting player! (Duplicate entry 'mpagh' for key 2)
sql = INSERT INTO players
                          (Login, Game, NickName, Nation, TeamName, UpdatedAt)
                          VALUES
                          ('mpagh', 'TMF', '$i$06fdizL$f00$o\'$o$fff PagH', 'DEN', '', NOW())
nickname$i$06fdizL$f00$o'$o$fff PagH
End Round
Was playing around with the music plugin as well and found out that the blocksize in ogg_comments.inc.php should be increased to 1024 bytes to ensure that comments from the .ogg files are read.

Dedimania plugin has been giving me some troubles a while. Actually since i changed to server to run in 64 bit mode. The change and the problems may or may not be related, i don't think so because then the plugin would probably never come in a working state :D The problem is when i restart aseco it takes ages before dedimania gets a connection:

[08/20,09:16:00] ************* (Dedimania) *************
[08/20,09:16:00] * Dataserver connection on Dedimania ...
[08/20,09:16:00] * Try connection on http://dedimania.net:8013/Dedimania ...
[08/20,09:16:00] Webaccess (dedimania.net:80): send: deflate, receive: gzip
  !!!
  !!! Error bad database response or contents (200, OK)
  !!!
[08/20,09:16:00] ------------- (Dedimania) -------------
###############################################
Eventually it does come back up (have lowered the $dedi_timeout value to help speed things up) There are several things i don't get. When i do the http://dedimania.net:8013/Dedimania i am able to fetch the page, but it seems it does fall back to port 80 which i guess is the last choice. Initially I just thought this was trouble at the dedimania server but as noone has reported this i'll give it a try as it is kind of annoying having to wait for dedimania to go up while people are racing dedimania times which are not being sent :D

Regards
Daniel

FiXST@L!N
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by FiXST@L!N » 20 Aug 2008 16:13

Great Xymph
Will try it a.s.a.p.
Thx

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Aug 2008 16:20

soehest wrote:Version 1.03 seems to have reintroduced the players wins being reset bug :D

[08/20,14:40:09] >> player 167 left the game [mpagh : $i$06fdizL$f00$o'$o$fff PagH]
[08/20,14:40:09] << player 153 joined the game [mpagh : $i$06fdizL$f00$o'$o$fff PagH : Denmark : 35206 : 80.161.101.94]
[XASECO Warning] Could not insert connecting player! (Duplicate entry 'mpagh' for key 2)
                          VALUES
That doesn't look like the wins reset problem, did that player actually lose his win count?
Anyway, I still don't understand how it's possible for a player to reconnect within the same second, considering the time it takes to traverse through menus and server listings. Can you post an excerpt around the same timestamp from your ConsoleLog.txt file? I'm wondering if the dedicated sees the disconnect/connect at the same time too.
soehest wrote:Was playing around with the music plugin as well and found out that the blocksize in ogg_comments.inc.php should be increased to 1024 bytes to ensure that comments from the .ogg files are read.
Sure, that's rather dependent on the .ogg files in your collection. I didn't have many to test with, so 512 bytes worked for me, but it is easy to increase the value if necessary.
soehest wrote:Dedimania plugin has been giving me some troubles a while. Actually since i changed to server to run in 64 bit mode. The change and the problems may or may not be related, i don't think so because then the plugin would probably never come in a working state :D The problem is when i restart aseco it takes ages before dedimania gets a connection:
No idea about that one, it's entirely possible that the low-level communication layer is dependent on 32-bits integers, but only Slig can really answer that.
If you could revert your server to 32-bits for a bit to see whether the delay still occurs, that would be useful to confirm or rule out this theory.

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by k4nm4n » 20 Aug 2008 16:39

You,re quick. I readed about the hack and you writed a new code. :thumbsup:

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by soehest » 20 Aug 2008 16:44

Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:Version 1.03 seems to have reintroduced the players wins being reset bug :D

VALUES
That doesn't look like the wins reset problem, did that player actually lose his win count?
Anyway, I still don't understand how it's possible for a player to reconnect within the same second, considering the time it takes to traverse through menus and server listings. Can you post an excerpt around the same timestamp from your ConsoleLog.txt file? I'm wondering if the dedicated sees the disconnect/connect at the same time too.
Yes the player did loose all his wins. I am pretty sure this has something to do with network troubles, either on client or server side, but as only one player is being disconnected and reconnected i guess it would be client side. Nevertheless it is possible.

aseco.log :

Set timelimit for "You belong to me":  313260 (Authortime: 52210)
[08/20,14:24:42] mpagh won for the 701. time!
                          VALUES
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
Set timelimit for "Tails Rush":  300000 (Authortime: 42440)
[08/20,14:42:22] mpagh won for the 1. time!
The server does see this disconnect, console.log :

[2008/08/20 14:39:43] Connection of a new player: rojen(62.66.138.188:2350)
[2008/08/20 14:39:54] Connection of a new player: frederik94(77.213.86.13:2350)
[2008/08/20 14:40:09] Disconnection of mpagh(80.161.101.94:2350)
[2008/08/20 14:40:09] Connection of a new player: mpagh(80.161.101.94:2350)
[2008/08/20 14:42:20] ...Finish
[2008/08/20 14:42:39] ...Exit
[2008/08/20 14:42:39] Loading challenge Tails Rush_27038.Challenge.gbx (3tsQn92nCX8tl28p9fpp6PZhzo7)...
Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:Dedimania plugin has been giving me some troubles a while. Actually since i changed to server to run in 64 bit mode. The change and the problems may or may not be related, i don't think so because then the plugin would probably never come in a working state :D The problem is when i restart aseco it takes ages before dedimania gets a connection:
No idea about that one, it's entirely possible that the low-level communication layer is dependent on 32-bits integers, but only Slig can really answer that.
If you could revert your server to 32-bits for a bit to see whether the delay still occurs, that would be useful to confirm or rule out this theory.
Really this is not an option, i spent 2 days getting the server into 64 bit mode, and would rather not spent another 2 days getting back into 32 bit, and another two getting back into 64 bit :D Can anyone else recognize these sort of problems, where dedimania goes offline on aseco script restart and comes back after a while of running?
Last edited by Xymph on 20 Aug 2008 17:08, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Fixed the misquoting... just let the forums do the quote nesting instead of shuffling things around.

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by k4nm4n » 20 Aug 2008 17:27

soehest wrote: Really this is not an option, i spent 2 days getting the server into 64 bit mode, and would rather not spent another 2 days getting back into 32 bit, and another two getting back into 64 bit :D Can anyone else recognize these sort of problems, where dedimania goes offline on aseco script restart and comes back after a while of running?
Create an image of the system with Ghost or Acronis. :thumbsup:

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by soehest » 20 Aug 2008 17:39

k4nm4n wrote:
soehest wrote: Really this is not an option, i spent 2 days getting the server into 64 bit mode, and would rather not spent another 2 days getting back into 32 bit, and another two getting back into 64 bit :D Can anyone else recognize these sort of problems, where dedimania goes offline on aseco script restart and comes back after a while of running?
Create an image of the system with Ghost or Acronis. :thumbsup:
hehe yes a day when i get really really bored i might give it a try, but for now i would like to know if anyone else has the same problem when restarting aseco, running either 32bit or 64bit. Would be quite silly if the same trouble exists on systems running 32 bit. Just thinking about reverting back makes me all tired :gobananas:

@Xymph, thank you for clearing up my quoting mess. I'll try to behave now :roflol:

Ouwe
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, Canyon

Post by Ouwe » 20 Aug 2008 18:02

Thank you very much for this nice release. :thumbsup:
Works great :1

k4nm4n
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by k4nm4n » 20 Aug 2008 18:17

soehest wrote: hehe yes a day when i get really really bored i might give it a try, but for now i would like to know if anyone else has the same problem when restarting aseco, running either 32bit or 64bit. Would be quite silly if the same trouble exists on systems running 32 bit. Just thinking about reverting back makes me all tired :gobananas:

@Xymph, thank you for clearing up my quoting mess. I'll try to behave now :roflol:
I have updated and for now it's everything cool. Dedi plugin works fine and the connection is the same like in the previous version. Server runs on Win2003 32bit

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 Aug 2008 18:23

soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote:
Yes the player did loose all his wins. I am pretty sure this has something to do with network troubles, either on client or server side, but as only one player is being disconnected and reconnected i guess it would be client side. Nevertheless it is possible.

aseco.log :

Set timelimit for "You belong to me":  313260 (Authortime: 52210)
[08/20,14:24:42] mpagh won for the 701. time!
                          VALUES
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
Set timelimit for "Tails Rush":  300000 (Authortime: 42440)
[08/20,14:42:22] mpagh won for the 1. time!
Okay, I understand how mpagh lost his win count there, and it's actually a different problem than the first time which was really fixed in v1.02. It was indirectly caused by the disconnect and connect happening so closely together though, so I'll have to change some decision logic in plugin.localdatabase.php to prevent that from having the effect of losing the wins.

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by blooper » 20 Aug 2008 19:16

Yay, another release! :D Too bad some of the features you promised are missing, but I understand that you have a life. :lol:

Anyways, I'm having trouble with the /admin votepanel command. Xaseco complains that there is no such command. Is anyone else experiencing this or did I just screw up my install?

Also, the new player join/leave messages in jfreu.config.php are a little wierd. First, the {1} gets colored green or blue for some reason, even when there is a color code in front of it. Second, what is the difference between $player_join and $player_joins? Yes, I know they contain different text, but why? Also, I have a small request. Can the nation of the player be displayed as a 3 letter country code? "Nation: United States of America" makes the message wrap to the next line.

On a side note, what is the point of this message: "Don't use Enter to skip intros - instead use Space & Enter"? I notice no difference in those two actions.