XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.99b

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.99b

Post by Xymph » 20 May 2008 17:42

Here is the latest update for XASECO, offering the promised music and donation plugins, a slew of new admin commands, a new environment /list option, track names that are hyperlinked to the TMX and Dedimania sites, a couple of important bug fixes and, of course, ever more polish. Note that this release requires the new 2008-05-19 build. Here's the whole list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_099.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.99 release of XASECO:

* new music server support (TMF-only) becomes available when plugin.musicserver.php is enabled (uncommented) in plugins.xml, offering the following features:
    • o the music plugin is configured via musicserver.xml, containing the following entries:
      • + the server URL, an http server that must allow direct download of the song files from the specified directory
        + a list of song files (case-sensitive) in .OGG or .MUX format that must exist at the server URL – duplicates are removed when loading the XML file
        + configuration options to control whether to override a track's own music, whether to automatically load the next song upon the next track, and whether to allow jukeboxing songs by players
        + a list of plugin messages
      o the new /music command offers the following options:
      • + help: Displays help information – admins see all options, other players only the options they can use
        + settings: Displays current music settings – for security, only admins see the server URL
        + list: Displays available songs
        + current: Shows current song
        + reload: Reloads musicserver.xml config file – admin-only
        + next: Skips to next song (upon next track) – admin-only
        + shuffle: Randomizes song list – admin-only
        + override: Changes track override setting – admin-only
        + autonext: Changes automatic next song setting – admin-only
        + allowjb: Changes allow jukebox setting – admin-only
        + off: Disables music, auto next & jukebox – admin-only
        + jukebox (alias jb): Shows upcoming songs in jukebox
        + drop: Drops your currently added song
        + <##>: Adds a song to jukebox where <##> is the number from /music list

o a new <music> color is defined in config.xml and used in all relevant music messages so that they can easily be customized
      o a new chat_musicadmin ability controls which tiered admin levels can use the /music admin commands
      o if autonext is enabled, the next song from the list will be loaded upon the next track, unless an admin manually skipped to the next song or the jukebox specifies another song
      o if allowjb is enabled, any player can add one song at a time to the jukebox – to jukebox another, first use the drop option
      o the same song cannot by added to the jukebox more than once
      o if a track itself contains a song and override is disabled, a possible jukeboxed song is skipped as it's not possible to detect the track song
      o the off option disables server music upon the next track (so the in-game music returns), clears the jukebox, and disables the autonext and allowjb options so no new songs get loaded – to enable server music again, simply turn either or both options back on
      o the reload and shuffle options also clear the jukebox
      o a warning message is logged when a song file cannot be loaded, and no song change takes place until the next track
      o reminder: to see the filename of a track's own song, use the /song command

* new donation support (TMUF-only) becomes available when plugin.donate.php is enabled (uncommented) in plugins.xml, providing the following features:
    • o new /donate command to give coppers to the server
      o the minimum donation is 10 coppers (because of Nadeo tax)
      o donations of 100 and more coppers are awarded with a public appreciation message (below 100 it remains private)
      o both thresholds are configurable in plugin.donate.php
      o a new <donate> color is defined in config.xml and used in all relevant donation messages so that they can easily be customized
      o remember that the server's coppers amount (seen with /admin coppers) isn't updated until any player joins or leaves the server
      o an account rights error is shown when attempting to donate from a TMNF player account or to a TMNF server account
    * new /list env:zzz option (TMUF-only) to search for tracks by environment, where zzz can be: Stadium, Bay, Coast, Island, Alpine/Snow, Desert/Speed, Rally (case-insensitive) – can also be combined with a search for track/author name in either order: /list xxx env:zzz or /list env:zzz xxx (remember that xxx itself is allowed to contain spaces too)
    * on TMF, the /stats output now includes the time (in days and hours) since the player inscribed in the zone, as well as the last match score, number of wins/draws/losses and win/loss ratio (which are included in the /statsall output on TMN)
    * on TMF, the /server output now includes the server comment – note however that special formatting in long comments is not continued after column line breaks
    * new /admin server command (TMF-only) to display the server's detailed settings
    * new /admin setcomment command to change the server comment
    * new /admin setmaxspecs command to change the maximum number of spectators
    * new /admin setpwd, /admin setspecpwd and /admin setrefpwd commands to change the player, spectator and referee passwords (referee only on TMF)
    * new /admin setrefmode command (TMF-only) to change the referee mode (0 = top3, 1 = all)
    * new /admin forceteam command (TMF-only) to force a player into the 'Blue' or 'Red' team (the names can be abbreviated to 'B' and 'R') – if no team is specified, the player's current team is shown
    * new /admin nextenv command (TMUF-only) to skip to the next track within the same environment
    * on TMF, the track name is now hyperlinked to the corresponding TMX page (if available) in the /track, /playtime, /newrecs and /liverecs messages as well as the local record reports before and after each track, and the total playtime message at the end of each track in Rounds/Team/Cup mode
    * on TMF, the track name is now hyperlinked to the corresponding Dedimania page in the /dedinew and /dedilive messages as well as the Dedimania record reports before and after each track
    * in TMUF Stunts mode, updated the TMX World Record message and /tmxrecs output to show scores
    * in TMUF Stunts mode, the total playtime message at the end of each track isn't shown anymore (always 5 minutes)
    * the /tmxinfo output now includes the TMX section for the track, as well as the download link to the TMX World Record replay (if available)
    * when the current track is not found on TMX, /tmxinfo and /tmxrecs now show the track name instead of the UID in the error message
    * added new internal onStatusChangeToX (X = 1-5) event for the corresponding TM server status changes, and new internal onKarmaChange event for karma vote changes
    * enforced strict and complete error checking on all local database operations
    * added a warning if the SuperAdmin password is still set to the default (and insecure) 'SuperAdmin'
    * added the operating system to the first log message during start-up
    * set a 20 MB memory limit for the XAseco PHP process
    * this release requires the latest server build 2008-05-19

Bug fixes in the v0.99 release of XASECO:

* when the TM server goes away (e.g. crashes), XASECO loops forever at high load – fixed, XASECO also shuts down with an appropriate error message
    * tracks downloaded via /add and /admin add are corrupted since v0.98 and won't load in-game – fixed
    * in TMUF Stunts mode, the new/improved/secured/equalled record messages (both local and Dedimania) specify that the finish value is a Time – fixed into Score
    * on TMF, players added to the global mute list are still able to send global messages via the /me, /hi, /bye, etc. chat commands – fixed
    * on TMF, the muting system handles only 18 lines of the full chat window – increased to all 28 lines
    * on TMF, there is a tiny layout glitch in the /server window – fixed
    * there is no log message for /admin setgamemode – fixed
Remember those pesky installation notes:
  • Important:

* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the login and password values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg (TMN) or dedicated_cfg.txt (TMF) file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file, and add the 3-character nation abbreviation. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
    * Open ports 8003, 8006 and 8007 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you should be able to unzip the download and replace all the code files (unless you made changes to any) without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
The download and all further information can be found on my XASECO/TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Cheers!
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Knutselmaaster
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMNF/TMU
Manialink(s): intr

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.99

Post by Knutselmaaster » 20 May 2008 18:35

Cool new features, Xymph!
Thanks again for your hard work. :thumbsup:

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 20 May 2008 19:33

Thanks a lot for the release and your additions to make the Widgets work :thumbsup:
inactive, sorry

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 20 May 2008 20:16

ugh I think I just got overly excited..
hope it was good for you too.
:3
:gobananas:
:thumbsup:
:1
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 20 May 2008 20:18

nice release quite nice to see alot of things changed into and i really like the music plugin sounds real nice.

a request about that plugin:
when start the server and make xaseco alive could you make it so that it starts with the song in the list because now you have to wait for the next map to hear it.

real sweet on this one really tried your best.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 May 2008 20:59

w1lla wrote:a request about that plugin:
when start the server and make xaseco alive could you make it so that it starts with the song in the list because now you have to wait for the next map to hear it.
That's not possible, it's the dedicated server which controls that a song starts at the beginning of a track, there's no way to make it start at any other time. Besides, waiting until the end of the current track (or using /admin next) just once isn't that bad now, is it? :)
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

rez667
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: nations, united

Post by rez667 » 20 May 2008 22:15

thx for the new release m8.. nice extra's in it to.. I cant seem to get the donations to work though..my config file looks like this:

<login>my real tmuf login</login>
<password>xxxxx</password>
<validation_key>xxx</validation_key> last 3 characters of my key

should i put a different login.. I have another one.. but it doesnt work either.. or should it be like this:

<validation_key>xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxx</validation_key> my whole key.

thx m8..

rez

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 20 May 2008 22:20

rez667 wrote:thx for the new release m8.. nice extra's in it to.. I cant seem to get the donations to work though..my config file looks like this:

It should be like this, but you need to use a separate server login, not your actual TMUF player login, as described here.
rez667 wrote:should i put a different login.. I have another one.. but it doesnt work either.. or should it be like this:

No, the whole key won't work in there.

rez667
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: nations, united

Post by rez667 » 20 May 2008 22:41

oh.. damn.. guess itll be alot of trial and error.. do i need to upgrade to this Dedicated server for TMNF/TMU-F (2008-05-19) also im guessing.. I know.. its amazing i can tie my shoes..:-/

thx man,

rez

edit: nvm thats a stupid qusetion. ;-)

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 21 May 2008 01:07

freaken awesome man.. working well so far.. but of course i always have requests
can we have it use somethign like i call and call me when cool people are on the server?
lol just kidding..
i'll ask here and maybe can do it myself .. but how about a little clan support.
in your adminops.xml could we add say <myteam>Tet19</myteam>
for an easy way for me to add team members somewhere,

also a couple of abilities i'd like to give them.. the ability to /add temp without a vote
the perhaps reduce the jukebox buffer for team players i set it at 20 for the public would liek say 10 for my team
private team chat and such
if we could get the public database to have a team table we could actually get some nice clan fuctionality back into trackmania.
eh just rambling and I'll probably make it's own thread for this.. but ask here as i know yoru aseco has teh frame work i want already built.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 21 May 2008 09:14

cow wrote:freaken awesome man.. working well so far.. but of course i always have requests
Of course. :wink:
cow wrote:can we have it use somethign like i call and call me when cool people are on the server?
lol just kidding..
Oh good, since I have no idea what you mean. :P
cow wrote:i'll ask here and maybe can do it myself .. but how about a little clan support.
in your adminops.xml could we add say <myteam>Tet19</myteam>
for an easy way for me to add team members somewhere,
As long as you're talking just about your own clan, you can use the guestlist (/admin addguest etc) and/or the Jfreu vip (/jfreu addvip etc) systems. There is also the matchsave plugin that can assign players into teams. However, that is Fufi's department, I'm not really familiar with all of its functionality, I merely cleaned up the code and added ManiaLinks windows.
cow wrote:also a couple of abilities i'd like to give them.. the ability to /add temp without a vote
Not going to happen, the jukebox plugin is complex enough as it is. You can make them operators and allow operators the ability to add tracks (permanently, though).
cow wrote:the perhaps reduce the jukebox buffer for team players i set it at 20 for the public would liek say 10 for my team
You want your team to race the same 10 tracks over and over again? Nah, variety is the spice of life :D, let them use the normal history of 20 too.
cow wrote:private team chat and such
Exists in the matchsave plugin.
cow wrote:if we could get the public database to have a team table we could actually get some nice clan fuctionality back into trackmania.
Yeah, I saw your rant in another forum. :wink:
cow wrote:eh just rambling and I'll probably make it's own thread for this.. but ask here as i know yoru aseco has teh frame work i want already built.
No problem.

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 21 May 2008 09:49

hmm, is there any way to clear the password set by /admin setpwd command? i tried and tried but had to finally clear the password with remotecp :(

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 21 May 2008 10:20

rez667 wrote:thx for the new release m8.. nice extra's in it to.. I cant seem to get the donations to work though..my config file looks like this:

should i put a different login.. I have another one.. but it doesnt work either.. or should it be like this:

thx m8..

rez
:roflol:
ok call me super stupid ...... :ftw: I cant find this..could someone lead me to where this is located? Thanks

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 21 May 2008 10:23

Btw. Matchsave produces an "error" in TMF, well maybe it's not an error but it doesn't work as intended. Since TMF got no team functionality, the teamname which can be saved to the database via "/team dbsave" will be replaced with an empty one when a player reconnects. (Don't really know if it was the same in TMN, since I copied most of the teamname stuff from the original matchsave plugin and did not test this too excessively^^)

djarrett wrote:

thx m8..

rez
:roflol:
ok call me super stupid ...... :ftw: I cant find this..could someone lead me to where this is located? Thanks
This one is in your dedicated cfg file.
inactive, sorry

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 21 May 2008 11:01

This one is in your dedicated cfg file.
:gobananas:
Thanks