XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.97

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.97

Post by Xymph » 01 May 2008 19:36

As promised earlier this week, here is yet another new release of XASECO. All admins using the Dedimania system are strongly advised to upgrade to this version asap, because it better handles the occasional timeouts of the central server during peak hours, as well as the upcoming outage when Slig is going to move the system to a beefier server.

Besides that maintenance, there are plenty of new features, enhancements and fixes in this release, including the spiffy TMF checkpoints panel, new admin commands and configuration options, TMX improvements (although not everything I had planned, due to their current outage), TMF-related enhancements and tweaks, and more. Here is the complete list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_097.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.97 release of XASECO:

* on TMF, the brief /cps pop-up is now a permanent, small transparant panel, mid-center of the screen just above the race time; it is temporarily disabled when a player switches to spectator mode though
    * on TMF, the checkpoints panel now also shows the difference against the best run at the finish ('CPF')
    * in TMF Cup mode, the end of the warm-up phase no longer generates an onEndRace event, preventing several chat messages that only belong at the end of the track; also, during warm-up the checkpoints panel is temporarily disabled
    * on TMF, the /tmxinfo window now displays the track screenshot from TMX
    * on TMF, /tmxinfo {ID} and /tmxrecs {ID} accept an optional TMX section parameter (TMN, TMU, TMNF, and even TMO, TMS – all case-insensitive) after the TMX track ID to enable displaying track info from another section than the default (as outlined in the v0.96 release notes)
    * new /admin scorepanel command (TMF-only) to show the current Automatic Scorepanel setting – displaying the scoreboard after each run/round, or only at the end of the track – and to toggle it with an ON" or "OFF" (case-insensitive) parameter
    * new /admin roundsfinish command (TMF-only) to show the current Rounds Finishpanel setting – displaying the rounds panel for all players when the first player finishes, or not until each player finishes him/herself – and to toggle it with an ON" or "OFF" (case-insensitive) parameter
    * displaying colored or stripped player nicknames in /top10, /top100, /toprecs, /topsums, /topwins, /recs, /dedirecs and /active is now configurable via new config.xml setting <lists_colornicks> – because of column formatting caveats, it's recommended to keep nicknames stripped on TMN, as they were before
    * displaying colored or stripped tracknames in all /list commands, /best, /worst, /jukebox display and /admin listdupes is now configurable via new config.xml setting <lists_colortracks> – again, it's recommended to keep tracknames stripped on TMN as they were before
    * the teamnames in the /topclans output are not color-stripped anymore
    * Dedimania system timeouts are handled better to prevent record message flooding; also, improved logging and debugging of the low-level Dedimania layers
    * on TMF, any admin with the 'server_coppers' ability can see the server's coppers amount in the /server output
    * new /admin coppers command (only on TMF) to similarly check the server's coppers amount
    * on TMUF, the output of all /list commands (including /best, /worst) and of /jukebox display and /admin listdupes now includes an Env(ironment) column
    * on TMUF, the chat and log messages for the next jukebox track now specify that track's environment
    * added new internal onBillUpdated, onChallengeListModified and onPlayerInfoChanged events for the corresponding new TMF callbacks; also, the onEndRound event is now triggered by the real TMF EndRound callback
    * the new onPlayerInfoChanged event is now used to keep track of players' spectator status to avoid an extra GetPlayerInfo call whenever that status is needed (thanks Dagobert)
    * updated the stripColors function to strip out the '$h', '$l' and '$p' links for TMF as well
    * clarified all error messages related to XML config files not being read or parsed correctly
    * fine-tuned column widths of many ManiaLink windows
    * when restarting XASECO, all ManiaLinks on all connected clients are cleared

Bug fixes in the v0.97 release of XASECO:

* when Dedimania is slow to respond to a track switch, the updated records message for the finished track may not appear until the next track is loaded, and use that new track's name – fixed
    * on TMF, very long country names cause layout glitches in the /players output – fixed, country names longer than 14 characters are mapped to their nation abbreviations
    * on TMF in Rounds/Team/Cup mode, the last 'Rx>' rounds report isn't shown due to a different callback sequence – fixed by using the real EndRound callback above
    * if a player connects without a team name, the TMNDataFetcher is used to try and obtain it from the TMN master server, even on TMF – fixed
    * the file_exists_nocase function (used by /add and /admin add) doesn't work correctly on Windows – fixed (hopefully)
    * adjusted two function declarations and related calls to avoid pass-by-reference warnings on some PHP setups
    * the /summary chat message was largely lacking the shadow attribute – fixed
As always you should pay attention to these upgrade notes:
  • Important:

* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the three values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
    * Open port 8003 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you should be able to unzip the download and replace all the code files (unless you made changes to any) without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
The download and all further information can be found on my XASECO/TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Cheers!
Xymph
Last edited by Xymph on 11 May 2008 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.97

Post by jouko100 » 01 May 2008 20:14

I downloaded this package 0.97 and installed it .Start server and it says it is 0.96b

Borgso
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by Borgso » 01 May 2008 20:15

Verry small bug:
aseco.php line: 44

define('XASECO_VERSION', '0.96b');

Version definition not updated?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 May 2008 20:24

Borgso wrote:Verry small bug:
aseco.php line: 44

define('XASECO_VERSION', '0.96b');

Version definition not updated?
Ayup, normally I do that a few days before release, but I guess I forgot this time. :oops: You can update it in the script, and I've just uploaded a fixed zip.

There were about a dozen downloads before the replacement, so those admins hopefully remember to update the version too (and if not, the uptodate check will remind them upon every restart :wink: ).
Last edited by Xymph on 01 May 2008 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Borgso
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMF

Post by Borgso » 01 May 2008 20:35

Dont know if a "wishlist" topic allready exist.
But is it possible to add tracking of 2nd and 3th place to?
As I see Silver and Bronze is also nice to keep track of. Not just Gold places =)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 May 2008 20:42

Borgso wrote:Dont know if a "wishlist" topic allready exist.
Each new release thread usually also contains wishlist items for the next release. That keeps things nicely grouped together. :)
Borgso wrote:But is it possible to add tracking of 2nd and 3th place to?
As I see Silver and Bronze is also nice to keep track of. Not just Gold places =)
How do you mean Gold/Silver/Bronze places? This system is for online servers, not solo mode.

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 01 May 2008 21:53

i like the new /cps! but now that it is this neat wouldnt it be nice if it was automatically enabled? :) is there any easy way i could do this myself?

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 May 2008 23:11

LaBBe- wrote:i like the new /cps! but now that it is this neat wouldnt it be nice if it was automatically enabled? :) is there any easy way i could do this myself?
Thanks. You only need to turn it on once on a server, then it'll still be on when you return to it (unless XAseco was restarted in the mean time).
If you insist on forcing it on for every new player, this should do the trick: in plugin.checkpoints.php find function addplayer_cp and add one line to the if-block like this:

Code: Select all

if (!isset($checkpoints[$player->login])) {
    $checkpoints[$player->login] = new Checkpoints();
    $checkpoints[$player->login]->display = true;
  }

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 02 May 2008 03:51

while I'm installing a copy thoughts.
I really like how you have organised this and the upgrade stuff.
But I notice I tend to replace couple sectiosn of files each time you release, almost.
the config.xml cant it be split into 3 files. messages.xml, admins.xml and server info.xml
eh I know it's work, so just an idea.
config.xml changes a lot but only as you add messages.
also in the upgrade info, unless it is a long list can you post what has changed about adminops.xml as I have them pretty well set and have to reset it up the way I like it each time.
not a complaint, just an idea for the back burner.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by TripleT » 02 May 2008 08:21

so first of all nice work xymph :thumbsup:
i didn´t read the whole changelog but i didn´t found that the matchsettings bug is fixed. is it or do i have to wait until the next release?

TripleT

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 08:40

TripleT wrote:so first of all nice work xymph :thumbsup:
i didn´t read the whole changelog but i didn´t found that the matchsettings bug is fixed. is it or do i have to wait until the next release?
Thanks. Can you refresh my memory about which matchsettings bug you're talking about? I'm not aware of any.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 02 May 2008 08:44

cow wrote:while I'm installing a copy thoughts.
But I notice I tend to replace couple sectiosn of files each time you release, almost.
the config.xml cant it be split into 3 files. messages.xml, admins.xml and server info.xml
also in the upgrade info, unless it is a long list can you post what has changed about adminops.xml as I have them pretty well set and have to reset it up the way I like it each time.
Well, last Fall people want fewer configs, and now you want even more. So I think it's safest to keep config.xml the way everybody has been used to since the very beginning. :lol:

braet
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Post by braet » 02 May 2008 08:49

TXH for the new Version, I have no problems. Install and Config are very easy!!

But I have a question:
Is there a chance to make a command for the Admin "/admin shufflemaps or /admin mixmaps" to shuffle the Maps on the Server?? :gobananas:

LaBBe-
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by LaBBe- » 02 May 2008 09:15

cow wrote:while I'm installing a copy thoughts.
you can always save your admins, messages and other config to a different text file when upgrading, then just replace copypaste them from the file to the right parts of the configs

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 02 May 2008 09:56

Xymph wrote:As promised earlier this week, here is yet another new release of XASECO. All admins using the Dedimania system are strongly advised to upgrade to this version asap, because it better handles the occasional timeouts of the central server during peak hours, as well as the upcoming outage when Slig is going to move the system to a beefier server.
Great new release, taking care of those dedimania troubles we have been having :-) Having only been running this for a few hours but everything seems to be working as expected :thumbsup:
Xymph wrote: * on TMF, the brief /cps pop-up is now a permanent, small transparant panel, mid-center of the screen just above the race time; it is temporarily disabled when a player switches to spectator mode though
* on TMF, the checkpoints panel now also shows the difference against the best run at the finish ('CPF')
I like this very much have you been playing with manialinks? :D Any chance that it would be possible to race against the dedimania times, instead of the local ones? This have been requested by several users on my server.

Thank you for your dedication and always quick fixes, i'll be back later with some more requests :roflol: