XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.96b

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.96b

Post by Xymph » 21 Apr 2008 23:50

As promised, here is the first TMF-compatible release of XASECO. This new name for the system formerly known as ASECO/RASP for TMN was chosen to avoid confusion with other Aseco-based server controllers. This is not a complete overhaul to include a ManiaLink framework and full TMU support, it only offers TMN-style popups for all the windows that the previous TMN releases could create. My first priority here was to build something that works, and making it pretty is of later concern. :D Also, it hasn't been tested as extensively on a live server as usual, and especially not with large servers, so I'm eager to learn how this release fares out there.

However, this release does include two new admin commands for TMF, a new /add option for TMF and TMN that was requested elsewhere in the Toolbox, and several fixes for earlier features. Dedimania world records are also supported for both TMNF and TMUF, and are combined in the TMU section of the Dedimania site. Here is the complete list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_096.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.96 release of XASECO:

* the system has been renamed to XASECO to avoid confusion with other ASECO/RASP systems, and to signify it's a complete and integrated solution for server control
    * added ManiaLinks windows (via new include manialinks.inc.php) to allow the system to display TMN-style pop-ups on TMF
    * added a Prev button to all multi-page ManiaLinks windows when viewing the second and subsequent pages
    * added recognition of server type TMF and game mode Cup, including with the /admin setgamemode command
    * updated the /server command to handle Cup mode and show the RoundsPerChallenge value (in addition to the points limit) if the server is in Cup mode
    * new /admin disablerespawn command (TMF-only) to show the current DisableRespawn setting (allowing players to respawn at checkpoints), and to toggle it with an ON" or "OFF" (case-insensitive) parameter
    * new /admin forceshowall command (TMF-only) to show the current ForceShowAllOpponents setting (forcing players to show all opponents), and to toggle it with an ON" or "OFF" (case-insensitive) parameter
    * updated the TMXInfoFetcher class to handle the new TMNF section
    * on a TMNF server (packmask Stadium) the /tmxinfo and /tmxrecs commands as well as the TMX world record message at the start of a new track will consult the TMNF section of TMX, on a TMUF server the TMU section, and (as before) on a TMN server the TMN section
    * the /add and /admin add commands will consult the TMNF, TMUF and TMN sections of TMX according to the same rules
    * new $jukebox_permadd option in rasp.settings.php to allow tracks voted into the jukebox via /add to remain permanently in the server's track list (normally they're removed after they're finished)
    * added extra check for non-empty TM server build during start-up
    * several minor tweaks to web_access.inc.php to make it more robust and prevent stream_select() warnings (thanks Slig)

Bug fixes in the v0.96 release of XASECO:

* when a player equals his/her local or Dedimania record, it would be logged again with the next higher position (but not stored anywhere) – fixed
    * new Dedimania record messages would be displayed for LAN logins making records, even though the records aren't actually submitted to the central Dedimania server – fixed
    * plugin.matchsave.php used the CRLF constant in a TMN pop-up – fixed into LF

Known issues in the v0.96 release of XASECO:

* there is no support for handling non-Stadium environments (except in /nextmap), coppers, and other TMU-specific features
    * the /statsall command doesn't work in TMF because there's no way to obtain a player's world stats (yet?)
    * the pop-up windows in plugin.matchsave.php have not (yet) been converted to ManiaLink windows
Naturally you should pay attention to these upgrade notes, especially if you want Dedimania to work correctly:
  • Important:

* To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the three values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN) or on this page for TMF.
    * Open port 8003 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you should be able to unzip the download and replace all the code files (unless you made changes to any) without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
One final note:
The TMN database from v0.95 and older can be used with this release, but because of the slight physics difference between Stadium tracks in TMN and TMNF/TMUF, admins have to ask themselves whether it's fair to preserve all the existing records. You can keep the challenges and players obviously, but you could consider deleting the records and rs_times tables in MySQL. This physics difference is also the reason why all TMNF/TMUF records on Dedimania are combined into the TMU section.

And now, without further ado, the download and all further information can be found on my XASECO/TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Have fun!
Xymph
Last edited by Xymph on 24 Apr 2008 00:46, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v0.96

Post by cow » 22 Apr 2008 00:21

thanks man
and great name for the xaseco.
it is getting difficult,e specially for some plugins to know which aseco they wer eprogramed for.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2

Post by sbone » 22 Apr 2008 01:21

First time your release dont work for me :
upgrade 0.93 to 0.96

*-*-*-*-*-* RASP is running! *-*-*-*-*-*
|...Loading Settings
|...Loaded!
|...Checking database structure
|...Structure OK!
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[XASECO Fatal Error] Obsolete server build '2008-04-16' - must be at least '2008-04-18'! on line 528

Any idea ?
-- SbOne --
Public CSb1 portal : http://csb1.sbone.fr -/- Team CSb1 : http://sbone.fr

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN

Post by fordry » 22 Apr 2008 01:34

i am curious, before i start messing with this, should i be able to just set this up with my local db that i have been using with aseco 1.2.4? or do i need to setup a new database?

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 22 Apr 2008 01:44

sbone wrote:First time your release dont work for me :
upgrade 0.93 to 0.96

*-*-*-*-*-* RASP is running! *-*-*-*-*-*
|...Loading Settings
|...Loaded!
|...Checking database structure
|...Structure OK!
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[XASECO Fatal Error] Obsolete server build '2008-04-16' - must be at least '2008-04-18'! on line 528

Any idea ?
Does this topic help: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=14203

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 22 Apr 2008 05:53

fordry wrote:i am curious, before i start messing with this, should i be able to just set this up with my local db that i have been using with aseco 1.2.4? or do i need to setup a new database?
Only difference is in the 'rs_times' table. In Aseco 1.x one cloumn is named 'trackID', but in Xymph's aseco it's 'challengeID'.

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 22 Apr 2008 06:30

back up your database. always a good idea. But xymph is smart enough to take care of the changes for you.
This release, when first run, will automatically rename the 'trackID' column in the rs_times table in your ASECO database to 'challengeID' for consistency with all the other tables. This means that if you ever want to downgrade to v0.7, you'll need to manually rename that column back by entering the following command in your database (via PhpMyAdmin, the MySQL command prompt, or similar):

ALTER TABLE rs_times CHANGE challengeID trackID mediumint(9) NOT NULL default 0
Anyway worth the try.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

starsoft
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by starsoft » 22 Apr 2008 06:51

Nice package. I installed my server a couple of days ago and had 0.95 installed with it. It worked fine with the stats.
Now i installed the new version fo the server and aseco 0.96.
I want to use the same database (and i guess it shouldnt be any problem). But now everytime someone wins a round, the amount of wins is reset. Personally i think it is a little bug, since the database is the same.
Can you help me with this?

slly
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by slly » 22 Apr 2008 07:11

as always, thanks for the release.

/admin erasethis followed by /nextmap returns the top of the tracklist.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Apr 2008 08:04

cow wrote:thanks man
and great name for the xaseco.
it is getting difficult,especially for some plugins to know which aseco they were programed for.
Well, the name change should help, but as always it's up to plugin authors to clearly specify what system their plugin is for.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Apr 2008 08:09

nocturne wrote:
fordry wrote:i am curious, before i start messing with this, should i be able to just set this up with my local db that i have been using with aseco 1.2.4? or do i need to setup a new database?
Only difference is in the 'rs_times' table. In Aseco 1.x one column is named 'trackID', but in Xymph's aseco it's 'challengeID'.
Right, and it will be renamed automatically when you first run v0.96.
In ASECO v1.2/2.0 there are three additional columns in the Challenges table, but those will simply be ignored.
cow wrote:back up your database. always a good idea. But xymph is smart enough to take care of the changes for you.
This release, when first run, will automatically rename the 'trackID' column in the rs_times table in your ASECO database to 'challengeID' for consistency with all the other tables. This means that if you ever want to downgrade to v0.7, you'll need to manually rename that column back by entering the following command in your database (via PhpMyAdmin, the MySQL command prompt, or similar):

ALTER TABLE rs_times CHANGE challengeID trackID mediumint(9) NOT NULL default 0
Anyway worth the try.
Read that box carefully: you only need to manually rename back that column if, after trying XASECO v0.96, you want to return to ASECO v1.2/2.0.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Apr 2008 08:17

slly wrote:/admin erasethis followed by /nextmap returns the top of the tracklist.
Oh right, the behavior of the dedicated changed a bit in that situation. I've fixed that for the next release.
Last edited by Xymph on 22 Apr 2008 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 22 Apr 2008 08:19

Hi Xymph :-)

Have been running this version for about half an hour and must say i am really impressed once again with your work, you must have been quite busy :-) Only thing that struck me was that it is sometimes hard to see peoples nick in the popups as they are listed in white on a grey background. This is just a cosmetic thing, i'll get back later when i have the time and if i find more odd things. But have a couple of requests but let's things settle a bit first :-)

Again thank you for your work for all us Drivers :thumbsup:

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Apr 2008 09:01

soehest wrote:Have been running this version for about half an hour and must say i am really impressed once again with your work, you must have been quite busy :-)
Combined with the forums madness due to the release... yeah, quite. :wink:
I just wish I thought of this approach to ML windows a few months ago for TMU, then I would have had a release ready when Forever came out.
soehest wrote:Only thing that struck me was that it is sometimes hard to see peoples nick in the popups as they are listed in white on a grey background. This is just a cosmetic thing, i'll get back later when i have the time and if i find more odd things. But have a couple of requests but let's things settle a bit first :-)
Well, that happens in TMN too. And no matter what background color you choose, some nicks will be badly visible against it. The only solution is to always strip the colors/tags, but I don't want to do that for commands like /players where the nick is really important.
soehest wrote:Again thank you for your work for all us Drivers :thumbsup:
Thanks. 8)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 22 Apr 2008 09:28

starsoft wrote:Nice package. I installed my server a couple of days ago and had 0.95 installed with it. It worked fine with the stats.
Now i installed the new version fo the server and aseco 0.96.
I want to use the same database (and i guess it shouldnt be any problem). But now everytime someone wins a round, the amount of wins is reset. Personally i think it is a little bug, since the database is the same.
Can you help me with this?
I'd like to, but I can't reproduce this problem. On my test server when someone wins a track, the win count is incremented in the database like it should.
Can you provide more details, like what game mode are you running, and what player was affected? Use this MySQL command before and after that player wins a track:

Code: Select all

use aseco;
select * from players where login='playerlogin';
Last edited by Xymph on 22 Apr 2008 09:40, edited 1 time in total.