The dedicated server release 2006-05-30 was probably the last one for TMO/TMS/TMN
, you can download it there :TmDedicatedServer_2006-05-30.zip (Free.fr)
-> You'll find in the file for both Windows and Linux versions !
-> It's the same server for TMN, TMO et TMSX Very Happy
If you search the dedicated for TMU, go there : viewtopic.php?t=6321Read carefully the readme !
* You can probably find other topics about the dedicated on the forum !
BlaHitis tutorial about dedicated is here : viewtopic.php?f=29&t=674
To test if your server (dedicated or ingame) is reachable from internet, you can use this script : http://slig.free.fr/TM/dedicated/tm_srv_tst.php
(the test is tcp only, so if your players tell you that your serveur can't be join in udp, then you probably not made things for udp like you done for tcp (about redirections and firewall).
* Don't forget that you must have an account and specify its login and password in the dedicated.cfg ! To make you dedicated account, it depends upon the game (it needs the cd-key for TMO and TMSX) :
- For TMSX : http://www.trackmaniasunrise.com/dedicated/indexUk.php
- For TMO : http://www.trackmania.com/dedicated/indexUk.php
- For TMN : make an alternative account from the game itself. Now login should be created automatically if coutry is indicated and login is not already used.
... or, for TMN only, just indicate an unused login, password and nation in the config file. If you made the account that way, you can change the nation using (change ... in the url with your account infos): https://game.trackmanianations.com/onli ... .&nation=.
The server should be reachable on main port TCP and UDP (default 2350, preferably change it to 2352), optionally on p2p port TCP (default 3450, preferably change it to 3452), and if remote control is needed on xmlrpc port TCP (default 5000). So you will have to make on your nat-router the redirections for these ports to your server IP (which should be fixed, not dynamic), and be sure to not have a firewall preventing your server to be joinable on these ports too.Windows users:
if you have invalid time problems, try this (thanks to TrabTowN and eyez) :
- open taskmanager
- go to the "Processes" tab
- right click on the server app
- set priority to "Above Normal"
- set affinity -> deselect all but one core (if multi core)You can connect to your own server in LAN mode but not in internet mode ? go there !Note:
The release 2007-02-21 have some problems (player ban on multilap maps in timeattack mode), replace it with this one !
You can look the tmu dedicated readme
, or read this tutorial by Flo
, anyway the way to use the dedicated is the same that for the previous TMO/TMU/TMN one (so you can refer to all tutorials about it, this one from Blahitis for example: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=674
), except for that : the option '/game=' has disappeared (it's always TMU), and the dedicated.cfg file have now to be in the GameData/Config/ directory. Another change : a TMU server MUST be joinable on its p2p ports, so if you are behing a NAT router, you have to redirect the main server port (tcp and udp) and the p2p server port (tcp) to make it visible and joinable by players.
To make your TMU dedicated account, see there : https://www.trackmania.com/tmu-dedicated/
If you have problems, first try to see in topics about the old dedicated if you find the solution please. It really work the same way.
For TMU server utilities, see the 2nd post in this topic.
* Don't forget that tracks have to be in your dedicated GameData sub-directory, at the places described in your matchsettings file !
(the dedicated server is distributed with permission of Hylis and/or xbx of course)