ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Post Reply
Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5653
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by Xymph » 27 Mar 2008 23:24

As promised, here at long last is the new ASECO/RASP release with integrated Dedimania support. There are many reasons for this release taking two and a half months instead of the 1-2 weeks like before, including the challenge of understanding, porting and testing the Dedimania features, alpha/beta testing a certain game upgrade, and that pesky thing called real life. :wink: While Dedimania is the major new feature of this release, it also contains two new admin commands, up-to-date versions of all Fetcher classes and GbxRemote modules, a sizable number of minor new features and tweaks, and naturally more bug fixes as well. Here is the complete list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_095.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.95 release of ASECO/RASP:

    * new Dedimania world records support (derived from FAST) with the following features:
    • o Dedimania is an online World Records database for all TrackMania games with the official site at http://www.dedimania.com/ and its records database at http://www.dedimania.com/tmstats/?do=stat ; it maintains 30 records for each track in any game (TMO/TMS/TMN/TMU) and any mode (TimeAttack, Rounds, Team, Laps)
      o the Dedimania system consists of two new plugins: plugin.dedimania.php which handles all communication with the central Dedimania server (together with new includes GbxRemote.response.php, xmlrpc_db.inc.php, web_access.inc.php and urlsafebase64.php) and keeps track of new records, and chat.dedimania.php which provides a variety of commands to show records and their relations on the current track
      o the following new commands are available for Dedimania world records, analogous to the existing local records commands:
      • + /helpdedi: Displays info about the Dedimania records system (alias: /dedihelp)
        + /dedirecs: Displays all Dedimania records on current track
        + /dedinew: Shows new Dedimania records on current track
        + /dedilive: Shows Dedimania records of online players
        + /dedipb: Shows your Dedimania personal best on current track
        + /dedifirst: Shows first Dedimania record on current track
        + /dedilast: Shows last Dedimania record on current track
        + /dedinext: Shows next better Dedimania record to beat
        + /dedidiff: Shows your difference to first Dedimania record
        + /dedirange: Shows difference first to last Dedimania record
      o new and improved Dedimania records are shown via chat messages just like local records, as are the record reports before and after each track, with configuration options identical to those for local records
      o the new dedimania.xml configuration file defines various Dedimania parameters and record display settings (akin to config.xml), the server's account (from dedicated.cfg), and all Dedimania messages
      o the Dedimania system communicates with the central Dedimania server over port 8003 by default, so you must open that port on your firewall/router; if that's not possible the system falls back on port 80 (http)
      o the Dedimania system requires plugin.checkpoints.php (the checkpoints tracking plugin) to be included in plugins.xml, before plugin.dedimania.php
      o new <dedimsg> and <dedimsg> colors are defined in config.xml and used in all relevant Dedimania messages so that they can easily be customized
      o a new onEverySecond event (which, as the name implies, is triggered once every second) is defined in aseco.php to act as a "heart beat" in communicating with the central Dedimania server
      o Laps mode is not supported due to the way checkpoints and laps information is supplied by the TM server
      o LAN logins (with IP and port) are ignored by the Dedimania system
      o mega thanks to Slig for his generous help in building this system :)
    * the /tmxinfo output now includes the Awards count for a TMX track
    * the /tmxinfo and /tmxrecs commands use cached TMX data for the current track to avoid sending multiple requests to the TMX site
    * updated the TMXInfoFetcher class to time out when the TMX site is down, and to return several more info fields including the awards count
    * updated the TMNDataFetcher class to time out when the master/ladder servers are down
    * the minimum number of ranked players that's included in the computation of the /topclans ranking is now configurable via new config.xml setting <topclans_minplayers> (default: 2)
    * new /admin setgamemode command (parameter: ta, rounds, team, laps, stunts) to change the game mode for the next track into the specified mode
    * rewrote /admin prev to consult the server's track list instead of maintaining a track filename variable
    * /admin replay will now check whether the currect track is already in the jukebox to get replayed, and if so, not queue it again
    * the pop-up window displayed by the /admin mta/wall command now starts with the title and nickname of the admin sending the message
    * new /admin shutdown command to shut down the TM server and ASECO/RASP
    * it is now possible to have chat-based voting commands temporarily disabled while an admin (of any tier) is online (configured via $disable_upon_admin in votes.config.php)
    * added /votehelp alias for /helpvote
    * the <limit> configuration setting in localdatabase.xml restricts the highest records that are shown to all players since v0.85, but now higher records are still shown to the pertaining player only
    * updated the GBXDataFetcher class to handle all known Challenge variants, including Forever
    * updated RASP's getChallengeData() function to use the GBXDataFetcher class
    * added extra check for 'SuperAdmin' login before connecting to the TM server
    * added extra check for TM server build '2006-05-30' during start-up
    * added a server Name entry to the start-up header in the log
    * improved speed of /server and /nextrank commands
    * adjusted some timeouts in the GbxRemote module (thanks Slig and Assembler Maniac)
    * an alternate (but untested) GbxRemote.bem.php module is included for big-endian machines (thanks again AM)

    Bug fixes in the v0.95 release of ASECO/RASP:

    * occasionally an ASECO warning could come up during the jukeboxing & track switching process – fixed by the /admin prev rewrite above
    * the /list norecent output includes tracks that are no longer present on the server – fixed
    * a harmless "Start index out of bound" warning would be logged when the server has exactly 300 tracks (or a multiple thereof) – fixed
    * case-sensitivity in a part of the /add and /admin add code could cause a problem loading a track with a case-insensitive duplicate filename – fixed
    * renaming tracks downloaded from TMX into a sanitized filename with a unique sequence number (as introduced in v0.91) could still lead to a problem loading a different track with a duplicate filename into the TM server – fixed, the filename now also includes the TMX ID
    * /tmxrecs displays an almost empty pop-up when a track has no TMX records – fixed, an error message is shown instead
    * the TMXInfoFetcher class doesn't handle tracks with 26-character UIDs – fixed
Of course you should pay attention to these upgrade notes, especially if you want Dedimania to work correctly:
  • Important:

    * To register your server with the central Dedimania database, you must copy the three values in the <masterserver_account> section from your server's dedicated.cfg file into the corresponding section of the dedimania.xml file. Instead of the password you can also use the community code for your server by using the server login/password on the official site for your game (TMO/TMS/TMN).
    * Open port 8003 on your firewall/router for communication with the central Dedimania server (if that's not possible, the system falls back on port 80).
    * In the zip file, all *.XML and config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you should be able to unzip the download and replace all the code files (unless you made changes to any) without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
    * For a new installation, go into the newinstall/ directory and move all *.XML files into the main directory, next to aseco.php, and *.PHP files into the includes/ directory.
As always, the download and all further information can be found on my TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Cheers!
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

fordry
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Posts: 368
Joined: 24 Jan 2008 20:53
Owned TM-games: TMUF TMN
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by fordry » 28 Mar 2008 05:41

=WBKY= shorttrack server up and running! I love it, nice work.

User avatar
[TR]Lexicon
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 29
Joined: 21 Nov 2007 14:00
Owned TM-games: TMU TMUF
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by [TR]Lexicon » 28 Mar 2008 09:33

Great work, up and running on 2 servers :1010
Image

User avatar
HoTTe
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 22
Joined: 10 Feb 2006 09:27
Location: Vienna

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by HoTTe » 28 Mar 2008 09:50

Great thing, upgrade from 093 to 095 done on two server! Thx!
-= One god, many faces! =-

TripleT
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 193
Joined: 12 Feb 2008 15:14
Owned TM-games: TMNF
Location: Germany

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by TripleT » 28 Mar 2008 09:54

thx xymph i will try it soon
like the new features
:3

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 96
Joined: 17 Nov 2006 19:22
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by -tK- » 28 Mar 2008 12:07

Seems to be running fine, but this part in plugin.dedimania.php does not work (for me atleast):

Code: Select all

require_once('includes/GbxRemote.response.php');
require_once('includes/web_access.inc.php');
require_once('includes/xmlrpc_db.inc.php');
since it will not find those files, which can be seen when you add > or die ("Couldn't load file"); < behind it

I've had the same problem for my own plugin, and needed to add those require lines in the aseco.php file for it to work.

and thanks for adding the setgamemode command :)

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 1493
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 13:24
Owned TM-games: TMU
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by Assembler Maniac » 28 Mar 2008 12:15

I don't know how those files could be missing, they're right in the zip file that you downloaded.
-tK- wrote:Seems to be running fine, but this part in plugin.dedimania.php does not work (for me atleast):

Code: Select all

require_once('includes/GbxRemote.response.php');
require_once('includes/web_access.inc.php');
require_once('includes/xmlrpc_db.inc.php');
since it will not find those files, which can be seen when you add > or die ("Couldn't load file"); < behind it

I've had the same problem for my own plugin, and needed to add those require lines in the aseco.php file for it to work.

and thanks for adding the setgamemode command :)

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 96
Joined: 17 Nov 2006 19:22
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by -tK- » 28 Mar 2008 12:19

Assembler Maniac wrote:I don't know how those files could be missing, they're right in the zip file that you downloaded.
-tK- wrote:Seems to be running fine, but this part in plugin.dedimania.php does not work (for me atleast):

Code: Select all

require_once('includes/GbxRemote.response.php');
require_once('includes/web_access.inc.php');
require_once('includes/xmlrpc_db.inc.php');
since it will not find those files, which can be seen when you add > or die ("Couldn't load file"); < behind it

I've had the same problem for my own plugin, and needed to add those require lines in the aseco.php file for it to work.

and thanks for adding the setgamemode command :)
All three files are present in my includes folder, however the require_once does not work from a script which is present in the plugins folder, it will work however when you add the require_once in the aseco.php file which is in the main directory.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5653
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by Xymph » 28 Mar 2008 12:56

-tK- wrote:All three files are present in my includes folder, however the require_once does not work from a script which is present in the plugins folder, it will work however when you add the require_once in the aseco.php file which is in the main directory.
That's strange, the require_once should work with any path relative to the directory that aseco.php itself is in, from any other file within that subtree, hence 'includes/<filename>'.
What about 'includes/rasp.funcs.php' in plugin.rasp_jukebox.php or 'includes/tmxinfofetcher.inc.php' in plugin.tmxinfo.php, do those not work for you either? If so, it might something in the way your PHP is installed/configured.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 96
Joined: 17 Nov 2006 19:22
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by -tK- » 28 Mar 2008 13:02

Xymph wrote:
-tK- wrote:All three files are present in my includes folder, however the require_once does not work from a script which is present in the plugins folder, it will work however when you add the require_once in the aseco.php file which is in the main directory.
That's strange, the require_once should work with any path relative to the directory that aseco.php itself is in, from any other file within that subtree, hence 'includes/<filename>'.
What about 'includes/rasp.funcs.php' in plugin.rasp_jukebox.php or 'includes/tmxinfofetcher.inc.php' in plugin.tmxinfo.php, do those not work for you either? If so, it might something in the way your PHP is installed/configured.
When i edit plugin.rasp_jukebox.php and add or die ('bla'); behind the require_once line it gives the following error:
(without or die it gives no error)

Code: Select all

[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_jukebox.php]
[PHP Warning] require_once(1): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
on line 16 in file C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\plugins\plugin.rasp_jukebox.php
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '1' (include_path='.;C
:\php5\pear') in C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\plugins\plugin.rasp_jukebox.php on
 line 16

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '1' (include_path='.;C:\php
5\pear') in C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\plugins\plugin.rasp_jukebox.php on line
 16
Strange indeed, because even though it cannot find these files, it still seems to be working...

User avatar
w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1466
Joined: 23 May 2007 07:20
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Venray

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by w1lla » 28 Mar 2008 14:08

Code: Select all

[PHP Warning] stream_select(): unable to select [9]: Bad file descriptor (max_fd=0) on line 200 in file D:\tmn\aseco_rasp_095\includes\web_access.inc.php
Hi kinda sweet new aseco but after being afk for sometime aseco gives me this as output in logfile.

What's wrong?

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

-tK-
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 96
Joined: 17 Nov 2006 19:22
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by -tK- » 28 Mar 2008 14:21

w1lla wrote:

Code: Select all

[PHP Warning] stream_select(): unable to select [9]: Bad file descriptor (max_fd=0) on line 200 in file D:\tmn\aseco_rasp_095\includes\web_access.inc.php
Hi kinda sweet new aseco but after being afk for sometime aseco gives me this as output in logfile.

What's wrong?
No idea, but i get this after 30 mins: ( i moved the require_once lines in the plugin.dedimania.php to aseco.php, so they are included and the problem is not caused by not being able to open the required files)

Code: Select all

* Webaccess (dedimania.net:8003): Read timeout (20)
[PHP Warning] stream_select(): unable to select [0]: No error (max_fd=0) on line
 200 in file C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\includes\web_access.inc.php
[PHP Warning] stream_select(): unable to select [0]: No error (max_fd=0) on line
 200 in file C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\includes\web_access.inc.php
[PHP Warning] stream_select(): unable to select [0]: No error (max_fd=0) on line
 200 in file C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\includes\web_access.inc.php

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5653
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by Xymph » 28 Mar 2008 15:21

-tK- wrote:
Xymph wrote:
-tK- wrote:All three files are present in my includes folder, however the require_once does not work from a script which is present in the plugins folder, it will work however when you add the require_once in the aseco.php file which is in the main directory.
That's strange, the require_once should work with any path relative to the directory that aseco.php itself is in, from any other file within that subtree, hence 'includes/<filename>'.
What about 'includes/rasp.funcs.php' in plugin.rasp_jukebox.php or 'includes/tmxinfofetcher.inc.php' in plugin.tmxinfo.php, do those not work for you either? If so, it might something in the way your PHP is installed/configured.
When i edit plugin.rasp_jukebox.php and add or die ('bla'); behind the require_once line it gives the following error:
(without or die it gives no error)

Code: Select all

[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_jukebox.php]
[PHP Warning] require_once(1): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
on line 16 in file C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\plugins\plugin.rasp_jukebox.php
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '1' (include_path='.;C
:\php5\pear') in C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\plugins\plugin.rasp_jukebox.php on
 line 16

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '1' (include_path='.;C:\php
5\pear') in C:\Stuff\APPS\aseco_rasp_095\plugins\plugin.rasp_jukebox.php on line
 16
Strange indeed, because even though it cannot find these files, it still seems to be working...
Perhaps it's still working because 'includes/rasp.funcs.php' is also require_once'd by chat.admin.php, which is listed earlier in plugins.xml.

Anyway, the strangest thing about the above errors is '1' being the filename that cannot be opened. No such file exists in the distribution so obviously it can't be opened either, but where does it get that name in the first place? :?

What about the /song command, does that work for you? chat.song.php does a require_once of 'includes/gbxdatafetcher.inc.php' and that isn't included anywhere else (actually it should, in includes/rasp.funcs.php, so I fixed that in the download zip).
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5653
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by Xymph » 28 Mar 2008 15:34

w1lla wrote:

Code: Select all

[PHP Warning] stream_select(): unable to select [9]: Bad file descriptor (max_fd=0) on line 200 in file D:\tmn\aseco_rasp_095\includes\web_access.inc.php
Hi kinda sweet new aseco but after being afk for sometime aseco gives me this as output in logfile.

What's wrong?
I'm afraid I have no idea, I can only test on Linux and I've never encountered that warning (nor tK's ones) in several weeks of testing on a TA and a Rounds server.
Looking at the code around that line number I also don't see what might be causing it. But both of you are running on Windows so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Slig wrote this module so perhaps he can shed more light on the problem.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1466
Joined: 23 May 2007 07:20
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr
Location: Venray

Re: ASECO/RASP (with Dedimania) v0.95 released!

Post by w1lla » 28 Mar 2008 15:54

well its on Team mode so that cant be the problem but also /song works for me.

Code: Select all

[03/28,15:39:07] aseco started to work

Code: Select all

[03/28,16:58:21] aseco still works and does not make an error
It can due to the fact that if u remove required once in plugin.dedimania.php it stops the crash dont know really.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

Post Reply