ASECO/RASP v0.93 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

ASECO/RASP v0.93 released!

Post by Xymph » 07 Jan 2008 21:25

Well, it's been over two weeks since the last version, so it's high time for another release. :wink: This version includes checkpoints tracking (mostly for Rounds/Team mode), the requested TMX info/recs support, other requested commands like /admin prev and /song, more polish, and the still inevitable bug fixes. One day I hope to do a release that doesn't contain further bug fixes. :lol: Here is the complete list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_093.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.93 release of ASECO/RASP:

* new checkpoints tracking support with the following features:
    • o all checkpoints and finishes are now tracked internally
      o new /cps command to enable/disable displaying the checkpoint passages (since the TMx client has it built for TimeAttack mode, this is only useful in Rounds/Team modes)
      o the first run on a track only stores all checkpoint passages (as long as the finish is reached)
      o if /cps is enabled, subsequent runs will display a small pop-up window at each checkpoint for two seconds (just as long as the TMx client displays the checkpoint time), containing the time and the difference to the best run so far
      o if a run has a better finish time, it's stored together with those checkpoints as the new best run
      o the finish is also a checkpoint, but no pop-up is displayed there
      o the checkpoints are only remembered for the duration of each track, not stored in the database
      o a player's display setting is remembered until the next ASECO/RASP restart
    * new TMX information support (based on a new TMXInfoFetcher class) with the following features:
    • o new /tmxinfo command to display the TMX information on the current track or, when given a track ID (from /list) or a TMX ID, any other track; note that with a TMX ID, the UID field in the output remains empty
      o new /tmxrecs command to display the TMX top-10 world records on the current track or, when given a track ID (from /list) or a TMX ID, any other track
      o optionally show the TMX world record at the start of a new track (configurable via new config.xml setting <show_tmxrec>)

* new /song command (based on a new GBXDataFetcher class) to show the (file)name for the current track's song; no method is currently known to decode the title/artist from the song file
    * new /admin prev (alias /admin previous) command to quickly revisit the previous track
    * new /list option: /list oldest # displays the # oldest tracks added to the server (default: 10) to complement /list newest
    * the /statsall output now includes the Wins/Losses (W/L) ratio
    * the rounds reports now also work in Team mode
    * finalized the optimization (in v0.92) of the jukeboxing & track switching process
    * when a TMX /add or chat-based vote is cancelled by the server during the Tab scoreboard, that reset is also logged
    * documented the dependencies of all plugins in their respective headers

Bug fixes in the v0.93 release of ASECO/RASP
    :

* when using jfreu.plugin.php (not jfreu.lite.php), if rank limiting is off then newly connected players are not properly entered into the internal players list – fixed
    * at ASECO/RASP start-up, authentication errors are ignored (oops) – fixed
    * if the same track is /add-ed or /admin add-ed multiple times, multiple files are created in the 'GameData/Tracks/Challenges/TMX/' or 'GameData/Tracks/Challenges/TMXtmp/' directories – fixed, duplicate files for identical tracks are prevented
    * if a file already exists in the 'GameData/Tracks/Challenges/TMXtmp/' directory for a /add-ed track and that track is then /add-ed again, the file (with an incremented name) is stored in the 'GameData/Tracks/Challenges/TMX/' directory instead – fixed
    * in the TMNDataFetcher, if the serverlogin for an online player starts with a non-alphanumeric character (e.g. '-') then the servernation isn't found – fixed
    * if plugin.matchsave.php is not included in plugins.xml (which is the default), /admin match begin crashes the system – fixed, a warning is shown if the plugin is not included
    * the administrator check for the 'chat_tc_listen' ability doesn't work – fixed
Please pay attention to these upgrade notes:
  • Important:

* In the zip file, all *.XML and config files are now located inside the newinstall/ directory. This means that you should be able to unzip the download and replace all the code files (unless you made changes to any) without worrying about overwriting your customized config files. However, for every XML/config file that was updated (see above), you must replace your version with the one from the newinstall/ directory, or compare them and add any new/changed configuration settings to your version to insure the system remains working correctly.
As always, the download and all further information can be found on my TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Enjoy!
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.93 released!

Post by nocturne » 07 Jan 2008 21:46

Looks good... btw, can the cp tracking be disabled, or automatically be bypassed in timeattack mode? I'm just wondering how much impact it would have on stability (tends to be a problem as of late).

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 07 Jan 2008 21:50

nocturne wrote:Looks good... btw, can the cp tracking be disabled, or automatically be bypassed in timeattack mode? I'm just wondering how much impact it would have on stability (tends to be a problem as of late).
Of course, simply leave the plugin.checkpoints.php file out of plugins.xml. :)
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

greedy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN TMO TMS

Post by greedy » 07 Jan 2008 23:46

Running it on a server, no problems. :) good work fella

Quick question

In the chatbox, would it be possible to have the top 5 tmx records instead of just the one?

Cheers

Greedy
DFA Server Admin.

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 07 Jan 2008 23:48

Nice one Xymph, look forward to testing this version and i'll let you know how i get on with it :mrgreen:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 08 Jan 2008 00:23

greedy wrote:Running it on a server, no problems. :) good work fella
Thanks.
greedy wrote:Quick question
In the chatbox, would it be possible to have the top 5 tmx records instead of just the one?
Possible, yes. Desirable... I don't know. The chatbox is very busy with messages already, so it doesn't seem a good idea to me to make something spit out five lines instead of one. That takes up all of the small chat window (but they'll be scrolled right out because of the other messages that follow upon track load), and more than a quarter of the full window. But if you really want it, add a loop to function tmx_worldrec in plugin.tmxinfo.php -- just remember that not all tracks have five records set.

greedy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN TMO TMS

Post by greedy » 08 Jan 2008 07:44

Xymph wrote:
greedy wrote:Running it on a server, no problems. :) good work fella
Thanks.
greedy wrote:Quick question
Possible, yes. Desirable... I don't know. The chatbox is very busy with messages already, so it doesn't seem a good idea to me to make something spit out five lines instead of one. That takes up all of the small chat window (but they'll be scrolled right out because of the other messages that follow upon track load), and more than a quarter of the full window. But if you really want it, add a loop to function tmx_worldrec in plugin.tmxinfo.php -- just remember that not all tracks have five records set.
I run fast for the WR, so was thinking of getting rid of that for the TMX WR, I'll have a go at adding a loop sometime, in no real rush for it.

Cheers again for a great update and the super fast bug fixes.
DFA Server Admin.

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by jouko100 » 09 Jan 2008 07:03

Is it possible to make command /award this track in tmx.

Dreaming

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 09 Jan 2008 09:13

You can only award a track if you have an account on TMX. (IIRC). Which account would be used via the TMN server? Would you be happy putting your TMX userlogin and password into the TMN chat window? :wink:

It's probably doable, but not practical. :)
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 09 Jan 2008 13:25

Great work as usual with 0.93 (aseco-ng: new generation) as i call it on my server :lol: Fast bugfixes and all is running smooth. I have redone my track list, and it seems to have helped for my strange /admin replay trouble where tracks suddenly wasn't in the track selection so all is good. :1010

A small request though regarding the new tmx record info system. Wouldn't it be possible to echo if someone actually beat the tmx record? It would remind the user that he/she should save a replay so it can be uploaded later on.

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 09 Jan 2008 13:40

jouko100 wrote:Is it possible to make command /award this track in tmx.
In addition to El Fuego's comments about that, there's also the technical problem of how to submit an award. For obtaining info about tracks TMX has an API, but I don't know whether they have one for awards or other activities. Considering the login requirement I doubt it though.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 09 Jan 2008 13:45

soehest wrote:Great work as usual with 0.93 (aseco-ng: new generation) as i call it on my server :lol: Fast bugfixes and all is running smooth. I have redone my track list, and it seems to have helped for my strange /admin replay trouble where tracks suddenly wasn't in the track selection so all is good. :1010
Kewl.
soehest wrote:A small request though regarding the new tmx record info system. Wouldn't it be possible to echo if someone actually beat the tmx record? It would remind the user that he/she should save a replay so it can be uploaded later on.
Technically, I suppose so. But TMX keeps up to 10 records for a track, and on many tracks beating the 3rd or 7th records might be considered a good achievement too... while other tracks have (far) fewer than 10 records so any time would already be a new TMX record. So where to draw the line? :roll:

More importantly, as far as I know online replays are not usable for TMX, you need to upload offline replays? If that's indeed the case, then an alert about beating a TMX record is also rather pointless.

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 09 Jan 2008 15:53

Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:A small request though regarding the new tmx record info system. Wouldn't it be possible to echo if someone actually beat the tmx record? It would remind the user that he/she should save a replay so it can be uploaded later on.
Technically, I suppose so. But TMX keeps up to 10 records for a track, and on many tracks beating the 3rd or 7th records might be considered a good achievement too... while other tracks have (far) fewer than 10 records so any time would already be a new TMX record. So where to draw the line? :roll:

More importantly, as far as I know online replays are not usable for TMX, you need to upload offline replays? If that's indeed the case, then an alert about beating a TMX record is also rather pointless.
Oh i did not know that the records has to made in solo mode, so point taken. It would be useless info thanx for clarifying this :-) This does make my idea somewhat bad, but i still think it would be nice to see if the world record was beaten, to draw the line so that it would not spam to much in the chat area:
Soehest beat the tmx world record! (like that would happen :roll: )

Regards

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 09 Jan 2008 16:19

hi Xymph, I have one problem - it doesn't seem to affect the server as it plays but i'm wondering what this error is, heres some lines from my logfile:

Code: Select all

Begin Race
[09/01/08,16:03:04] track changed [XXX Strudel] >> [Magnetsäulen]
[09/01/08,16:03:04] current record on Magnetsäulen is 0:18.69 and held by XXX Merlin
Begin Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
[ASECO Warning] [-1000] No challenge currently loaded.
End Round
Begin Race
[09/01/08,16:08:12] track changed [Magnetsäulen] >> [aim_map 4]
[09/01/08,16:08:12] current record on aim_map 4 is 0:11.53 and held by .FUEY.
Begin Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
End Round
Begin Race
[09/01/08,16:13:20] track changed [aim_map 4] >> [XXX$ Eurhnerhmlahermnagerdeys]
[09/01/08,16:13:20] current record on XXX$ Eurhnerhmlahermnagerdeys is 0:41.25 and held by LOUIS
Begin Round
Any ideas ??

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by BReMFoX » 09 Jan 2008 20:17

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:hi Xymph, I have one problem - it doesn't seem to affect the server as it plays but i'm wondering what this error is, heres some lines from my logfile:

Code: Select all

Begin Race
[09/01/08,16:03:04] track changed [XXX Strudel] >> [Magnetsäulen]
[09/01/08,16:03:04] current record on Magnetsäulen is 0:18.69 and held by XXX Merlin
Begin Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
End Round
Begin Race
[09/01/08,16:08:12] track changed [Magnetsäulen] >> [aim_map 4]
[09/01/08,16:08:12] current record on aim_map 4 is 0:11.53 and held by .FUEY.
Begin Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
End Round
Begin Race
[09/01/08,16:13:20] track changed [aim_map 4] >> [XXX$ Eurhnerhmlahermnagerdeys]
[09/01/08,16:13:20] current record on XXX$ Eurhnerhmlahermnagerdeys is 0:41.25 and held by LOUIS
Begin Round
Any ideas ??
I got exactly the same problem.