ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92b released

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92b released

Post by Xymph » 22 Dec 2007 20:14

Anyone that ever tried any previous ASECO release is strongly advised to upgrade to this release.

As those who followed the v0.91 thread already know, an updated GbxRemote module (courtesy of Slig) is now included in ASECO/RASP that drastically speeds up the system. As someone put it there, this puts your server on steroids. :) So even if you skipped some of my previous releases (and I don't blame you :wink: ), now is the time to upgrade as this release is likely to last for a while. Consider this a holiday gift. :D

Besides the GbxRemote update, this release also contains the new /statsall command, providing the most comprehensive world stats for a player that are currently possible (but see this thread for the end goal of translating the server login into the server name), some enhancements for the Jfreu temporary banning system, more optimization, a somewhat important bug fix for storing local records (with a script to repair any affected entries) and, of course, more. Here is the complete list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_092.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.92 release of ASECO/RASP:

* new /statsall command to display any player's world stats (based on an updated DataFetcher class by F*ckfish); you can use a player ID when the player is online on the current server, and otherwise any login (even of players that never visited the current server)
    * a new version of GbxRemote.inc.php not only addresses some low-level communication problems on AMD64 systems, but more importantly speeds up communication with the TMx server – and therefore the responsiveness of all commands – very significantly (thanks Xerrez & Slig); the effect that the small chat window goes blank for a little while is also reduced (or perhaps even eliminated)
    * optimized calculation of all players' server ranks after each track
    * more optimization of the jukeboxing & track switching process to (hopefully definitively) prevent stuck tracks
    * the /nextrank command now optionally shows the difference in record positions (RP), i.e. the combined number of positions that your records need to be improved in order to catch up with the next better ranked player (configured via $nextrank_show_rp in rasp.settings.php)
    * by appending an 'h' (case-insensitive) to the time parameter of /jfreu banfor, the specified value is converted from minutes into hours (e.g. /jfreu banfor 4H <login> for a four-hour ban)
    * correspondingly, all temporary ban messages now show the remaining time as "X hours XX mins" if it's more than an hour
    * new /jfreu unban command to cancel the temporary ban, from the badword filter and /jfreu banfor, of a player (login or ID)
    * new /jfreu listbans command to display the list of temporarily banned players; if the remaining time of a ban is more than an hour, it's shown as XhXX
    * the /stats output now includes the last online information (like /laston)
    * the /laston command can now be used without a parameter (however little use that has)
    * added a server Version entry to the start-up header in the log
    * the commands list (in HTML and Word) now includes all /admin and /jfreu commands as well

Bug fixes in the v0.92 release of ASECO/RASP:

* when a player equals his/her record, it's still stored in the records table with the new date/time, in effect changing (increasing) its position if there are other players with the exact same time driven after that record's original date/time (ugly oops) – fixed, equalled records are not stored again; to repair the records that were affected by this bug, you can use this PHP script
    * when using jfreu.plugin.php (not jfreu.lite.php), if a player is banned by the badword filter or /jfreu banfor command, then the "left the game" message is still shown – fixed
    * also when using jfreu.plugin.php, if a player is kicked once by the ranklimit system, badword filter or /jfreu banfor command, which skip the "left the game" message, then that message would no longer be shown when that player leaves normally again after a subsequent visit – fixed
    * Player_IDs are not accepted when the pertaining player is offline, even when that would make sense (e.g. /admin unban <x> after /admin listbans) – fixed
    * when two (or more) players have the exact same Avg value, they receive the same server rank – fixed
    * when the Avg value shown by /rank, /top10, /top100, etc. rounds to a whole number, the ".0" decimal isn't shown – fixed
    * the v0.91 overhaul of the full Jfreu plugin warranted a version update to 0.14 – fixed
As always, the download and all further information can be found on my TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Happy holidays!
Xymph
Last edited by Xymph on 23 Dec 2007 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Re: ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92 released

Post by djarrett » 23 Dec 2007 03:35

:D Thanks for all the hard work.....v.92b works great..Thank you :1010
Have a Merry Christmas :D and a Happy New Year !!!! :1
Last edited by djarrett on 25 Dec 2007 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
"Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug."

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Re: ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92 released

Post by f*ckfish » 23 Dec 2007 13:39

That steroid thingie sounds awesome, I'll try it as soon as I'm home after christmas. I also had the chance to test the /statsall command before this version came out and I like it =) Although the servername would be the sugar on top :D Let's hope someone helps^^

Nice work Xymph and merry christmas to everyone.
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Re: ASECO/RASP (on steroids) v0.92b released

Post by Xymph » 23 Dec 2007 20:07

Well, I don't like hotfixes, but in this case it's warranted as this problem shouldn't linger around until next year. It's been a long-standing issue that when a player connects, the TeamName is sometimes not available after the GetPlayerInfo call that gets all the info. My theory is that this is caused by the delay between the player connecting (and that event being passed on to Aseco), and the TMN server receiving all that player's details from the ladder servers. Previously the TeamName was missing only for some players, but because of the much faster GbxRemote module in v0.92, this problem now happens for most players that should have a TeamName, meaning that the /clans and (eventually) /topclans commands become rather useless.

Fortunately the new DataFetcher module that's also included in v0.92 provides an elegant solution: now the TeamName can be obtained that way. Along with this bugfix I addressed two other minor issues, and managed to include one new feature to insure that temporary bans are no longer lost when restarting Aseco. Here's the list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_092b.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.92b release of ASECO/RASP:

* all temporary bans are now stored in a dynamic bans file, configurable via $bans_file in jfreu.config.php (default: plugins/jfreu/jfreu.bans.xml), and automatically restored after an ASECO/RASP restart

Bug fixes in the v0.92b release of ASECO/RASP:

* sometimes when a player connects, the TeamName is not available to store in the players table, and thus it doesn't show up in the /clans command – fixed this long-standing issue (which had become worse due to the faster GbxRemote module) with a DataFetcher call
    * the /jfreu unban command doesn't properly clear the ban – fixed
    * there are some minor formatting glitches in the output of /stats, /statsall and /jfreu listbans – fixed
You'll find the download and all other information at http://www.gamers.org/tmn/ .

Apologies to those who already upgraded to v0.92. But look at the upside: at least I didn't create a new thread for this release. :wink:
Xymph
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 23 Dec 2007 21:34

I always wondered where that teamname errors came from when I reworked the matchsave plugin, nice idea to use the DataFetcher for that one :D
inactive, sorry

Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii

Post by Ant » 24 Dec 2007 02:35

Nice work xymph on the updates - you really do work hard to please us don't ya ! Just one thing tho, the repairrecs script, what do i do with that cos i tried putting it in plugins but just got errors, so i took it out for now and everythings cool - but what do I really need to do with it ???

Thanks again mate and merry christmas to you and everyone else :D :3 :mrgreen: :1010

Ouwe
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, Canyon

Post by Ouwe » 24 Dec 2007 09:03

Thank you very much Xymph.
It works great.

Merry xmas and a happy newyear :3 :1 :3

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 24 Dec 2007 10:55

Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Nice work xymph on the updates - you really do work hard to please us don't ya ! Just one thing tho, the repairrecs script, what do i do with that cos i tried putting it in plugins but just got errors, so i took it out for now and everythings cool - but what do I really need to do with it ???
It's not a plugin (otherwise I would have put it in the plugins/ directory) but a separate PHP script that goes over all tracks in your database and will fix any records table entries that are out of sync with the best rs_times table entries for the same track. You can just run it once separately, and it'll show all the entries that are fixed, if any.
Tony_Bad_Mann wrote:Thanks again mate and merry christmas to you and everyone else :D :3 :mrgreen: :1010
Likewise. :)

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Assembler Maniac » 24 Dec 2007 18:11

Xymph:

In future releases can you make it so there are NO config files in the main folders? That way someone can unzip all the files and not have to figure out which to keep/move/backup before installing an update.
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
P4 3.2Ghz @ 3.35Ghz
2G Kingston Hyper-X DDR 2
ATI Radeon X850 XT Platinum 256M
Sound Blaster Audigy II
2x 120G Maxtor Hard drives
HDTV Tuner Card (Fusion 5 Gold)

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 25 Dec 2007 04:21

Assembler Maniac wrote:In future releases can you make it so there are NO config files in the main folders? That way someone can unzip all the files and not have to figure out which to keep/move/backup before installing an update.
I'm with AM on this one... also maybe have tar.gz releases, for those that like to be able just to upload and unpack straight through ssh console. Don't forget the rasp_settings file, also (might as well be part of original config now, I guess, since RASP and ASECO are definitely inseparable at this point...).

I like the idea of the JFREU 'lite' plugin, but I'd request perhaps just splitting it up into several separate plugins instead (ranklimit/specvote plugin, badwords plugin, connect/disconnect message plugin, and move 'banfor' to the admin/op plugin). Basically, I'd like to use the auto-message plugin, banfor command, and the badwords plugin (since fuego's bot's badwords kicking doesn't seem to work anymore with these releases), but any code hacks I've made always end up in errors (sad, but true... hehe). I suppose I can just run the full plugin and disable what's not needed, but I'd be a lot more comfortable knowing I'm not 'technically' running Jfreu for some reason...

Also, I've noticed a bit of a bug since I started using the .8x releases. Randomly, the chat box goes empty, though it reappears with the next message or by pressing 'c' (did a quick forum search, but haven't seen any related post). I figured it must have something to do with the chatlog buffering, though honestly I haven't had a chance to test anything past the .84 release (by the time I get done hacking it up how I like it, you just go and release a newer/better version, hehe).

On the topic of the GBXRemote, is this the php64-bit compatible one? I tried the one posted in the last thread out a few days ago in a troubleshooting fit (ultimately was mysql, anyways), and got a few stream errors, but it'd be nice to stop having to use a second php version to run aseco. Would it also work for the RemoteCP, for that matter? (currently using a gbxremote for rcp modded by the server operator, though I'm not sure what they did..)

Oh... and Merry Christmas!

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 25 Dec 2007 10:41

Assembler Maniac wrote:In future releases can you make it so there are NO config files in the main folders? That way someone can unzip all the files and not have to figure out which to keep/move/backup before installing an update.
But... but I've only been keeping it the same way you and Flo did it with v0.7 and before. :P
Anyway, I see your point, it'll just require extra installation instructions to explain that admins still need to compare/update their existing config files with the new ones for any additional settings. And since not everyone reads instructions equally well, that's likely to cause some problems when new features require new config options that are undefined when that compare/update step is skipped... oh well. :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 25 Dec 2007 11:15

nocturne wrote:I'm with AM on this one... also maybe have tar.gz releases, for those that like to be able just to upload and unpack straight through ssh console. Don't forget the rasp_settings file, also (might as well be part of original config now, I guess, since RASP and ASECO are definitely inseparable at this point...).
Any self-respecting Linux distro has zip/unzip commands already available, so a .tgz file really isn't necessary. I'm actually developing on Linux, and my build script converts all source files to DOS-format (so that they can be easily read on Window) and zips them into the file that I then just need to upload to my site. You can unzip it on a Linux server and (after updating configs etc) restart Aseco with no need for an intermediate Window box.
nocturne wrote:I like the idea of the JFREU 'lite' plugin, but I'd request perhaps just splitting it up into several separate plugins instead (ranklimit/specvote plugin, badwords plugin, connect/disconnect message plugin, and move 'banfor' to the admin/op plugin).
Sorry, but that's not practical because of the way many of those features are intertwined between the jfreu.plugin.php and jfreu.chat.php files, and it would simply make the Jfreu stuff too fragmented. Considering there were zero feature requests for the Jfreu overhaul in v0.91 when I invited them in the v0.90 thread, I also don't think there is enough interest in such a split-up by feature.
nocturne wrote:Basically, I'd like to use the auto-message plugin, banfor command, and the badwords plugin (since fuego's bot's badwords kicking doesn't seem to work anymore with these releases), but any code hacks I've made always end up in errors (sad, but true... hehe). I suppose I can just run the full plugin and disable what's not needed, but I'd be a lot more comfortable knowing I'm not 'technically' running Jfreu for some reason...
I understand that, "mr." Jfreu long ago put an iffy feature into his plugin, :roll: but that was already removed from his v0.13d when I started using it, and after my overhaul in v0.91 I can assure you even more that there's nothing in the full plugin that you need to be uncomfortable about. I've been using it since the very beginning of my server (last May) and it never caused any unexplainable iffiness. :)
nocturne wrote:Also, I've noticed a bit of a bug since I started using the .8x releases. Randomly, the chat box goes empty, though it reappears with the next message or by pressing 'c' (did a quick forum search, but haven't seen any related post). I figured it must have something to do with the chatlog buffering, though honestly I haven't had a chance to test anything past the .84 release (by the time I get done hacking it up how I like it, you just go and release a newer/better version, hehe).
No, that problem already existed before the chatlog buffer was implemented, but it seems the updated GbxRemote module in v0.92+ significantly reduces (or even eliminates) that problem too. So maybe you should take the plunge now, and not spend so much time hacking up my beautiful creation. <snif> :P :wink:
nocturne wrote:On the topic of the GBXRemote, is this the php64-bit compatible one? I tried the one posted in the last thread out a few days ago in a troubleshooting fit (ultimately was mysql, anyways), and got a few stream errors, but it'd be nice to stop having to use a second php version to run aseco. Would it also work for the RemoteCP, for that matter? (currently using a gbxremote for rcp modded by the server operator, though I'm not sure what they did..)
I'm not sure about either of those aspects, I guess you'll simply have to try it.

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by jouko100 » 26 Dec 2007 08:16

/statsall is great .Thanks

greedy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN TMO TMS

Post by greedy » 26 Dec 2007 16:25

cheers for all the hard work, great update as usual.

I have a problem though, I know about the "bug" with the add command, if a track is updated on tmx. it errors the track if its re added again and skips the track.

But now if some one does it, it dupes in the /list and when I try to remove the dupe copy it errors saying it can't remove the track. I have to read the latest track list i saved instead. I've had it happen twice to day, both tracks duped 5 times in the /list and it plays thru them when reached.

also copies of tracks already previously added and saved in \GameData\Tracks\Challenges\TMXtmp are also saved in ...\GameData\Tracks with a 1 in the track name, if added again.
DFA Server Admin.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Dec 2007 23:03

greedy wrote:cheers for all the hard work, great update as usual.
Thanks.
greedy wrote:I have a problem though, I know about the "bug" with the add command, if a track is updated on tmx. it errors the track if its re added again and skips the track.
Yeah, don't know if Aseco can do anything about that.
greedy wrote:But now if some one does it, it dupes in the /list and when I try to remove the dupe copy it errors saying it can't remove the track. I have to read the latest track list i saved instead. I've had it happen twice to day, both tracks duped 5 times in the /list and it plays thru them when reached.
I see... I focused more on this problem: tracks are initially downloaded and stored with the TMXID in the filename, but then renamed to the track's name. Since that isn't guaranteed to be unique (just search TMX for 'unnamed' to see my point :wink: ), I am testing for an existing file with the same track name as the one that's to be added, and add an incremented postfix ('_1', '_2', etc) to the name until the new track gets a unique name. But in doing that I forgot about the possibility that the same track is /add-ed via votes multiple times (I have /add disabled on my server, so I didn't test that very thoroughly). Hence the duplicates in the track list.

So in the next release I'll first check whether the identically named track is also really the same track (via md5's) before incrementing the new name if it's not.
greedy wrote:also copies of tracks already previously added and saved in \GameData\Tracks\Challenges\TMXtmp are also saved in ...\GameData\Tracks with a 1 in the track name, if added again.
You mean in \GameData\Tracks\Challenges\TMX\, I presume. Yes, I used the wrong variable, it should have been ...\TMXtmp\ too. Fixed in the next release (on line 625 of plugins/plugin.rasp_jukebox.php, change $tmxdir into $tmxtmpdir).