ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by Xymph » 27 Nov 2007 19:56

Okay, enough talk about upcoming features, it's time to deliver the v0.90 release. :) This update adds the optional player muting support, more idlekick features, and the promised goodies including even more /list features, a new admin command, clean word wrapping in the *log commands, more customization options, a MySQL reconnect feature for empty servers, some necessary bug fixes, and more. Here is the complete list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_090.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.90 release of ASECO/RASP:

* new and comprehensive player muting support with the following features:
    • o player muting (preventing players to chat) automatically becomes available when plugin.muting.php is enabled (uncommented) in plugins.xml
      o muting can be done globally (by admins with sufficient permissions):
      • + a player can be added to the global mute list with /admin mute and removed again with /admin unmute
        + admins can view the global mute list with /admin mutelist (alias /admin listmutes)
        + the global mute list is not stored so an ASECO/RASP restart will result in an empty list – consider it an opportunity for redemption of muted players
        + all normal chat by a player on the global mute list is muted for all other players
        + a player on the global mute list is also not allowed to use the /me, /hi, /bye, etc. chat commands (which result in global messages), in order to prevent circumventing the normal chat mute (or possible spamming in retaliation)
        + admins will probably find it more effective and efficient to warn and kick a troublesome player than to mute him/her
        + the admin muting commands are always listed in the help, but disabled if the muting plugin is not included
        + the adminops.xml file has corresponding new entries <mute>, <unmute>, <mutelist> and <listmutes>
      o ...or individually by any player:
      • + a player can add another player to his/her individual mute list with /mute and remove a player again with /unmute
        + players can view their individual mute list with /mutelist
        + the individual mute list is not stored so leaving the server will result in an empty list upon joining – consider it another opportunity for redemption of muted players
        + all normal chat by a player on another player's mute list is muted only for that other player
        + a muted player's use of the /me, /hi, /bye, etc. chat commands will still be seen by the player who muted him/her
        + players cannot mute admins of any tier (MasterAdmin, Admin & Operator)

o all muted players' normal chat can still be read in /chatlog, and is logged as usual (if <log_all_chat> in config.xml is enabled)
      o directly and completely muting a player is not possible because the TM server first sends out a normal chat line to all other players before ASECO/RASP receives it
      o therefore a mute buffer of the size of the large chat window (18 lines) is maintained for each individual player, containing the global server messages (e.g. records, track changes, votes, etc.) as well as the chat lines from all unmuted players; this buffer also stores any private messages a player sent and received (via /pm, /pma & /admin pm), but not the local messages from most chat commands (e.g. /help, /pb, /wins, /recrange, etc.) nor any error messages
      o whenever a muted player enters a chat line, that line is not appended but instead the individual buffers are sent back as fast as possible to any players that muted him/her, in effect pushing the muted player's line out of the chat window
      o while this is the best possible approach to muting, given the TM server's limitations, it does have a few problems:
      • + since local and error messages are not buffered, a muted player entering a chat line will cause those messages to be lost for any players that muted him/her as their buffers are sent back to the chat window; for this reason a global mute may be too confusing and an admin warn/kick more practical
        + because of the delay between the TM server sending chat lines directly to all players and the mute buffers of some (or all) players being sent back to them, a chat line by a muted player is usually visible for a short time; that timing issue is inherent to this approach
        + because of the above timing problem, it's also possible that an unmuted player enters a chat line in between a muted player's line and sending out any mute buffers, which causes that unmuted line to get pushed out of the chat window as well; it is still stored in the mute buffers though, and will be restored to the chat window the next time a muting action occurs
        + to speed up that restore, players who notice they're missing a chat line from an unmuted player can use the new /refresh command to restore their chat window
    * new idlekick features in mistral.idlekick.php:
    if spectator kicking is enabled ($kickSpecToo = true), a separate idle challenge count is in effect, called $kickSpecAfter (default: 4);
    the idle kicking system now takes tiered admins and their player/spectator status into account:
    • o MasterAdmins are never idle kicked
      o Admins and Operators are not kicked if they're in player mode and the new <noidlekick_play> ability in their respective ability lists (in adminops.xml) is enabled
      o Admins and Operators are not kicked if they're in spectator mode and the new <noidlekick_spec> ability in their respective ability lists is enabled

* new /list options:
    /list longest/shortest display the longest and shortest tracks as determined by Author time
    /list newest # displays the # newest tracks added to the server (default: 10)
    * in all /list output, recently played tracks (as defined by $buffersize in rasp.settings.php) are now shown in light grey to indicate they cannot be jukeboxed yet again
    * long lines in the output of /chatlog, /pmlog and /admin pmlog are now cleanly wrapped on words, instead of breaking off in the middle of words
    * new /admin wall (alias /admin mta) command to display a message as a pop-up window to all players (familiar from the *nix wall command); the default message color is red but all color and attribute tags can be used, and the adminops.xml file has corresponding new entries <wall> and <mta>
    * the warning message sent via /admin warn can now be customized via a new <warning> message in config.xml
    * the output of /admin commands that generate a list of players (listbans, listblacks, listguests, listmasters, listadmins, listops) now uses the same blue color for the logins as the /players output
    * a new <karma> color is defined in config.xml and used in all relevant karma messages so that they can easily be customized
    * the aforementioned light grey and blue colors are defined in config.xml too, as <grey> and <login> respectively; the red color used for nickname headers in all pop-up windows is also configurable, via the new <nick> color
    * showing the records range before, during (with /liverecs) and after a track if there are no new records, is now optional via new config.xml setting <show_recs_range>; if False, no range is shown
    * the messages for new, improved, secured and equaled records (in localdatabase.xml) have been shortened to reduce wrapping in the small chat window
    * if showing the playtime at the end of each track is enabled, that playtime is also logged
    * the MySQL connection can become lost on servers that remain empty for a long time (the default connect_timeout is 12 hours), therefore when that happens an automatic MySQL reconnect is now performed (thanks Dagobert)
    * renaming the blacklist, guestlist and tracklist extensions into ".xml" in v0.89 was not such a good idea (because the TMN server will create an empty blacklist and guestlist upon starting if it doesn't find the ".txt" versions), so they have been reverted to ".txt"
    * added logging of more /admin commands

Bug fixes in the v0.90 release of ASECO/RASP:

* when using a track ID with /karma, it still reports "Current Track Karma" – fixed, now the pertaining track name is shown
    * spectators are never idle-kicked even if $kickSpecToo in mistral.idlekick.php is true (ugly oops) – fixed
    * if a /replay vote passes, another could be started and if it passes too, the same track is queued twice in the jukebox – fixed, /replay is no longer allowed after the track is queued once
    * if a track fails to load twice from the jukebox and is dropped, the corresponding chat message is empty – fixed
    * /list karma 0 shows the entire track list – fixed, it now shows only tracks with karma less than or equal to 0
    * messages sent via /pma show up twice in the sending admin's /pmlog output – fixed
    * the <skipmap> and <skip> abilities are missing from the adminops.xml file – fixed
    * in a new installation, the very first line written to logfile.txt is actually lost – fixed
Please pay attention to this upgrade note:
  • Important:
    *If you use a blacklist or guestlist file (in the "GameData/" directory), or a tracklist file (in "GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/"), rename their extensions from .xml back to .txt.
As always, the download and all further information can be found on my TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Enjoy!
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by cow » 27 Nov 2007 22:07

Awesome..
so can u add..
crap I think I'm done.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 27 Nov 2007 23:02

I just finished installing it and, like always, it works great. I haven't tested out the muting plugin yet, but it looks very complicated. I have to agree with you that warning and kicking is a better alternative to muting because of all the overhead to mute a player. Good work, though. :D

:1010

MISI
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMUF

Post by MISI » 28 Nov 2007 18:12

cow wrote:Awesome..
so can u add..
crap I think I'm done.
I think I have something that Xymph can add :p
What about multi-lang? I mean player types ex. /lang de and is "talking" in german, just like it is in Fast. ;-)

Anyway GJ, going to upgrade it on my server just like I did 10 times ago on each new version. :P

(you have only 9 version left to do until you will reach v. 0.99 :PP)

Versnellingspook
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU

Post by Versnellingspook » 28 Nov 2007 18:38

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but since today i can't join the smoooooth server anymore :'(

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 Nov 2007 20:34

Versnellingspook wrote:I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but since today i can't join the smoooooth server anymore :'(
That has nothing to do with Aseco. But it may have something to do with my provider's routing being upset today, as I can't reach a lot of websites (I'm accessing this forum through a proxy). About two hundred players have still reached my TMN server today, but perhaps some (including you) cannot, due to that routing problem. We'll just have to wait until it's sorted out.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 28 Nov 2007 20:40

so can u add..
crap I think I'm done.
Phew. :lol:
MISI wrote:I think I have something that Xymph can add :p
What about multi-lang? I mean player types ex. /lang de and is "talking" in german, just like it is in Fast. ;-)
I didn't know FAST did that, that's nice indeed. But the problem for me is that my German isn't good enough to translate dozens of messages, and my French is worse. :) So someone else would have to provide all the translations.
MISI wrote:(you have only 9 version left to do until you will reach v. 0.99 :PP)
You're very good at math... :wink:
MISI wrote:Anyway GJ, going to upgrade it on my server just like I did 10 times ago on each new version. :P
...Or maybe not... this was my ninth release in total, actually. :P

MISI
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by MISI » 28 Nov 2007 21:47

Xymph wrote:
so can u add..
crap I think I'm done.
Phew. :lol:
I didn't know FAST did that, that's nice indeed. But the problem for me is that my German isn't good enough to translate dozens of messages, and my French is worse. :) So someone else would have to provide all the translations.
German was there only for example, the clue was about multilang support. Image

Lukefwkr
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Lukefwkr » 29 Nov 2007 11:52

I can help translating stuff to german.
...may the force be with you! Image
http://www.lukesfunarena.de || http://www.FiLEWALKER.de

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMU
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 29 Nov 2007 15:13

Great such better then the previus version woow it will take time to find out all new stuff
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey

jouko100
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by jouko100 » 29 Nov 2007 17:28

Is there any op help where you can see what op can do.If not i hope it.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 Nov 2007 18:19

jouko100 wrote:Is there any op help where you can see what op can do.If not i hope it.
When Operators use /admin help or helpall, they see which admin commands they are allowed to use, as defined by the adminops.xml file. Ditto for /admin listabilities with the special admin abilities outside of /admin. The same goes for Admins (and MasterAdmins, but those can use all commands and abilities).

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 29 Nov 2007 18:44

Xymph wrote:
I had a look at how FAST does that, and on TMU it uses two server calls (ChatSendServerMessageToLanguage and ChatSendToLanguage) that allow sending global messages to all players in their respective invidual languages. On TMN those calls don't exist and it falls back to a common default language, and only single messages to one player can still be localized automatically. With Forever on the horizon, which will most likely include those special server calls, there's little point in trying to build automatic localization into Aseco now as it's going to be a partial job anyhow. That's better done with the Aseco TMU framework as a starting point.

The only thing I can do now is to include other language variants of the messages in config.xml and rasp.xml in the standard distribution, so that server admins can choose which language to run in at configuration time. So Luke, if you want to provide me with config.de.xml and rasp.de.xml files, be my guest. :)
Last edited by Xymph on 29 Nov 2007 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

MISI
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by MISI » 29 Nov 2007 19:39

Xymph wrote:
Xymph wrote:
I had a look at how FAST does that, and on TMU it uses two server calls (ChatSendServerMessageToLanguage and ChatSendToLanguage) that allow sending global messages to all players in their invidual languages. On TMN those calls don't exist and it falls back to a common default language, and only single messages to one player can still be localized automatically. With Forever on the horizon, which will most likely include those special server calls, there's little point in trying to build automatic localization into Aseco now as it's going to be a partial job anyhow. That's better done with the Aseco TMU framework as a starting point.

The only thing I can do now is to include other language variants of config.xml and rasp.xml in the standard distribution, so that server admins can choose which language to run in at configuration time. So Luke, if you want to provide me with config.de.xml and rasp.de.xml files, be my guest. :)

Hmm, that's baaaaaad, Image

Anyway keep up good work Image

BigBurn
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by BigBurn » 30 Nov 2007 01:54

Hi Xymph,
I'm sooo happy, after TMO crashed randomly with the 0.89 release, under 0.90 it's running stable again :D :D :D

Now I have some little questions:

1. What's the easiest way to disable several chat commands, so they also don't show up with the "/help" -command?
2. Could the "/nextmap" -command show also the environment? E.g: "The next track will be Alpine: Cold Furious"
3. Could it be possible to see the next 5 Maps, not only the next one?
4. A great thing is that you see the records on current track at the beginning and the end of a track. The players who are on the server, were shown italic (great!). Can I change this easily so they're shown e.g. red instead of italic?
5. Making a new rec on a track is a great and rare thing, could this be shown in a more special way? Not the usual way: "...gained the 1. rec....", like all the other recs. Maybe like this: "Xymph made a new record on Cold Furious with a time of 00.49.12 !!!"

Sorry for asking so much, I don't want to overburden you :wink: