ASECO/RASP v0.89 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

ASECO/RASP v0.89 released!

Post by Xymph » 17 Nov 2007 20:37

This was initially planned as mostly a code optimization and maintenance release (inspired by some useful information from Assembler Maniac), but as the week progressed, so did this update evolve into quite another bumper-packed release. :) It offers several new karma enhancements, a new /pmlog command to show each individual player's private message history, several new admin features, and a slew of minor new features, improvements and bug fixes (including one for the /kick command which I broke in v0.86 -- oops). Here goes the complete list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_089.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.89 release of ASECO/RASP:

* info on actual karma votes: the karma messages can optionally show each player's actual votes, or lack thereof (configured via $karma_show_votes in rasp.settings.php)
    * requiring finishes before karma voting: a player can optionally be required to finish a track a minimum number of times before being allowed to karma vote for it (configured via $karma_require_finish in rasp.settings.php); this is the total number of finishes since the first day a player tried a track, not the number in the current session
    * the /karma command now accepts an optional track ID (from your last /list output) to display the karma of that track instead of the current one
    * when changing your already existing karma vote, instead of "Vote Successful" the message now is "Vote Changed"
    * new /pmlog command to display the most recent 30 (default) lines of your own private messages (both sent and received) in a pop-up window
    * /list <xxx> now allows searching for track names/authors with multiple words (previously one word was required, otherwise the entire list was displayed)
    * the /admin help command now shows the command list in the chat window, while the new /admin helpall command displays the list with descriptions in a pop-up as before; similarly for /jfreu help and the new /jfreu helpall command – this makes them consistent with the user /help and /helpall commands
    * the jfreu.player.php plugin has been renamed to jfreu.lite.php, containing the info messages system and (as before) the player connect/leave messages, but nothing else of the full Jfreu plugin functionality
    * in the /players output, strip wide font ($w) from nicknames so that the window width isn't stretched out too far by players with long wide nicks and long logins
    * wide fonts are also stripped from the sender and receiver nicknames in /pm, /pma and /admin pm
    * when showing records before (<show_recs_before> is True), after (<show_recs_after> is True) or during (/liverecs) a track and there are no new records, the record range is included instead
    * the last page in a multi-page pop-up now uses an 'OK' button (instead of 'Close'), for consistency with all single-page pop-ups
    * if an admin (with the chat_jb_recent ability) jukeboxes a recently played track, a warning about the repeat track is shown but it's still jukeboxed again
    * the /replay message was changed from "Replay Track upon Completion" into "Replay Track after Finish", which is hopefully easier to understand for non-English speaking players
    * all chat-based and TMX /add votes are now cancelled by the server during the Tab scoreboard before the next track is fetched from the jukebox, to prevent interference from a /replay vote passing at the last possible moment
    * the default percentage of a track after which a /skip vote is no longer allowed, was reduced from 70% to 50%
    * the /admin writetracklist command now accepts an optional filename parameter to write the current match settings to another file than the default
    * new /admin readtracklist command for reading the default match settings file, or an alternate one specified with an optional filename parameter, to complement /admin writetracklist; it shows the number of tracks loaded from the file
    * the default filename used for the above match settings file is shortened from "rasp-tracklist.txt" to "tracklist.xml", and it's written to and read from the more appropriate "GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/" directory (previously in "GameData/Tracks/")
    * the extension of the blacklist, guestlist and tracklist files (as read and written by the pertaining /admin commands) is updated from ".txt" to the more relevant ".xml"
    * the /match load command in plugin.matchsave.php was disabled as it's now redundant with /admin readtracklist
    * the /admin acdl command now takes "ON" or "OFF" (case-insensitive) as parameter instead of "Yes"/"No", for consistency with all other boolean (/jfreu) admin commands
    * a new <admin> color is defined in config.xml and used in all relevant /admin messages so that they can easily be customized
    * if you still use the old chat.vote.php plugin, that will now show the current score when a track is loaded
    * the <account> field in the <tmserver> section of config.xml became redundant, and was removed
    * an /ad shortcut for /admin and a /jb shortcut for /jukebox become available by uncommenting the appropriate two lines at the start of chat.admin.php and plugin.rasp_jukebox.php, respectively
    * aseco.php now determines whether it's running on Win* or *nix operating systems, so it's no longer necessary to define the CRLF constant manually
    * lots of code optimization and clean-up, like more efficient handling of TM server calls (thanks Assembler Maniac), better error handling throughout the entire system, and other tid bits

Bug fixes in the v0.89 release of ASECO/RASP:

* /kick votes are denied when there's no vote in progress, and allowed to start when another vote already is (oops) – fixed
    * /admin ban produces an RPC error in the log from the Kick call because the Ban call already kicks the player – fixed by removing the Kick call
    * if a track is deleted before pruning its records (/admin prunerecs), those are still counted in players' /summary results (though not /topsums) – fixed
    * /pm and /pma send a message even if it's empty – fixed, empty messages are ignored
    * in /add and /admin add, after renaming the numeric filename to a (sanitized) track filename, multiple spaces and underscores are not properly reduced to single ones – fixed
    * in the original v0.88 zip file (which was fixed one day after release), /jfreu didn't work for any admin tier – fixed
Please pay attention to these upgrade notes:
  • Important:

* If you use a blacklist or guestlist file (in the "GameData/" directory), rename its extension from .txt to .xml.
    * If you use a tracklist / match settings file, the default file is now at "GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/tracklist.xml" (previously "GameData/Tracks/rasp-tracklist.txt"), and alternate files should also be in the "GameData/Tracks/MatchSettings/" directory with the .xml extension.
There's still a possible jukeboxing problem in this release which I believe to be related to /replay and/or /admin replay. I tried to tighten up the jukeboxing code but am not sure this problem is fixed already, and it's rare enough that I won't be encountering it on my own server very soon. Therefore I added more debugging code, so if you experience jukebox problems, use /admin debug to enable the logging, and keep running Aseco until the problem happens again. Then send me the whole log so I can try to analyze what went wrong.

As always, the download and all further information can be found on my TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Cheers!
Xymph
Last edited by Xymph on 21 Nov 2007 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.89 released!

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 17 Nov 2007 22:28

Image good work!
I are not so happy with the new help as roll up in chat
is give no real clue over what a command will do.

So I have a proposal:
/? - Puts the help text of all commands in chat as is now with /help.
/? {command} - Put the help text in chat about just this command.
/help - Puts the help text of all commands in a popup with a description.

I want the popup version of the help text for it is easy to read and I
can have the popup up then I write my command so it become correct spelled/syntax.

what do you think a about this?
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 17 Nov 2007 23:27

lgrfbs-sweden wrote:I are not so happy with the new help as roll up in chat
is give no real clue over what a command will do.
That /help output to chat is not new, that existed even in the old v0.7 because there were too many commands to fit in a single pop-up page. That's why way before the initial v0.8 release, I added the /helpall command which gives the command list with full descriptions in a multi-page pop-up.
lgrfbs-sweden wrote:So I have a proposal:
/? - Puts the help text of all commands in chat as is now with /help.
/? {command} - Put the help text in chat about just this command.
/help - Puts the help text of all commands in a popup with a description.

I want the popup version of the help text for it is easy to read and I
can have the popup up then I write my command so it become correct spelled/syntax.

what do you think a about this?
Well, for starters, chat commands cannot start with a question mark, so /? is not possible. /helpall already exists for what you want /help to do. That leaves /help {command} as a possible new feature, but I don't really see the point of that. For most commands a one-line description is adequate because that covers all the command can do (/pb, /top10, /++, /diffrec, etc), and for the more complex commands /list and /jukebox there are help options to those commands, and there's /helpvote for the chat-based voting system. Isn't that sufficient?

Xymph
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

lgrfbs-sweden
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by lgrfbs-sweden » 18 Nov 2007 00:28

Yes it is, sorry :oops: ,shall think before posting on forum, sorry.
You have so right, my brain was left in Aseco 0.61b, sorry for that.

The /helpall command exact what I want, thanks.
Admin On:Image
My server:lgrfbs server / XASECO plugins

MISI
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMUF

Post by MISI » 18 Nov 2007 14:54

The next version will be 0.89.1 or 0.9? ;-)))

Ouwe
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, Canyon

Post by Ouwe » 18 Nov 2007 19:47

Xymph,

First of all I have to thank you for the great job your doing.

But now I have a problem with the 0.88 and 0.89 update and I have no idea anymore.
I spend hours to search for an answer but till now I could not find it.

When I have jfreu.plugin.php in the plugin.xml it will give me this fault:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\......plugins\jfreu.plugin.php on line 387

If I use the jfreu.lite.php I have no problem at all.
Before, on other versions,I had no problems at all.

Do you have any idea what I did wrong or what I have to do?

macsek
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU,TMN

MatchSave PLugin Question

Post by macsek » 18 Nov 2007 21:56

HI,

Really really thank you that you are continuing the Aseco development for TMN also... Great job guys really.

I have a problem with teh matchsave plugin, we really like it and we use it frequently for TA matches.
The problem is, when the match is ending the nice match_results file is created, but it is basically the same data like the race_results file.

I would expect that the Total Final Result is written into this file, but I can't find it anywhere, so if we are playing a 20 map match then at the end we have to count manually from this file.
And also why it is suspicios for me that it is wrong is that the Title of the match_results.html is race_results... which is strange.

Is it normal that it works like this ?

moop
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by moop » 18 Nov 2007 22:54

Hi,
I am not sure if you can access the mysql running with the normal php with php cli, when I run aseco with php CLi i get this
[Aseco] Load plugin [jfreu.plugin.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [mistral.idlekick.php]
[Aseco] Try to connect to server on localhost:5000
[Aseco] Authenticated with username 'superadmin' and password '***'
[Aseco] Connection established successfully!
[Local DB] Load settings file ...
[Local DB] Try to connect to MySQL server

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/felix/www/aseco_rasp_089/plugins/plugin.localdatabase.php on line 69
and then when I run it with normal php, in a web browser all seem's ok exept for this:
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (C:\home\felix\tmserver\GameData\Tracks\Challenges\TMX) does not exist [RASP] Error - TMX Directory (C:\home\felix\tmserver\GameData\Tracks\Challenges\TMX) can not be written to
I am running linux and its trying to access a C: drive?! Maybe it's my config also because directory listing with remoteCp in localmode does not work either and it is trying to access a C: drive.
Anyway, when I go in tmn on my server, I get no welcome message and I can't use any of the command, I type them, they disapear(they don't appear in the chat screen) but it do nothing
If you got any idea :)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 19 Nov 2007 00:21

Ouwe wrote:First of all I have to thank you for the great job your doing.
My pleasure.
Ouwe wrote:But now I have a problem with the 0.88 and 0.89 update and I have no idea anymore.
I spend hours to search for an answer but till now I could not find it.

When I have jfreu.plugin.php in the plugin.xml it will give me this fault:
Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in C:\......plugins\jfreu.plugin.php on line 387

If I use the jfreu.lite.php I have no problem at all.
Before, on other versions,I had no problems at all.

Do you have any idea what I did wrong or what I have to do?
The lite version doesn't do anything with the vips file, which is where that error occurs, so obviously there's no error in that case.
But I don't have immediate idea where the error in the main plugin comes from. Did you make any modifications to the code files, or migrate older files or personal mods in, or did you use the standard v0.88/89 release? Is there any content in your jfreu.vips.xml file?

If you want me to look at it, make a copy of all your .xml files, edit out the passwords, zip them and mail them to me (tmn@gamers.org). Then I'll see what I can do.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Re: MatchSave PLugin Question

Post by Xymph » 19 Nov 2007 00:23

macsek wrote:Really really thank you that you are continuing the Aseco development for TMN also... Great job guys really.
You're welcome.
macsek wrote:I have a problem with teh matchsave plugin, we really like it and we use it frequently for TA matches.
The problem is, when the match is ending the nice match_results file is created, but it is basically the same data like the race_results file.

I would expect that the Total Final Result is written into this file, but I can't find it anywhere, so if we are playing a 20 map match then at the end we have to count manually from this file.
And also why it is suspicios for me that it is wrong is that the Title of the match_results.html is race_results... which is strange.

I don't use the matchsave plugin and haven't really looked into it, so I can't support it. Fufi developed it, so hopefully he can.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 19 Nov 2007 00:28

moop wrote:I am not sure if you can access the mysql running with the normal php with php cli, when I run aseco with php CLi i get this
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /home/felix/www/aseco_rasp_089/plugins/plugin.localdatabase.php on line 69
Do you have two PHP installations on that machine? It seems the one used to run Aseco doesn't have MySQL support built in.
moop wrote:and then when I run it with normal php, in a web browser all seem's ok exept for this:
[RASP] Error - TMX Directory (C:\home\felix\tmserver\GameData\Tracks\Challenges\TMX) does not exist [RASP] Error - TMX Directory (C:\home\felix\tmserver\GameData\Tracks\Challenges\TMX) can not be written to
I am running linux and its trying to access a C: drive?! Maybe it's my config also because directory listing with remoteCp in localmode does not work either and it is trying to access a C: drive.
How are you running Aseco inside a web browser? :shock:
Anyway, I can't explain that error, but when PHP & MySQL don't function normally within Aseco, all bets are off anyway.
moop wrote:Anyway, when I go in tmn on my server, I get no welcome message and I can't use any of the command, I type them, they disapear(they don't appear in the chat screen) but it do nothing
Well, obviously, because Aseco crashed with that Fatal error.
Last edited by Xymph on 20 Nov 2007 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 19 Nov 2007 01:04

macsek wrote:HI,

Really really thank you that you are continuing the Aseco development for TMN also... Great job guys really.

I have a problem with teh matchsave plugin, we really like it and we use it frequently for TA matches.

Mmh.. that's weird, as far as I know it works and the last time I checked it saved and accumulated the points for a whole match. Maybe XXX Fuey or Max can say something about that since they use the plugin more frequently than anyone else :D I don't know if the new aseco or some of my bugfixes changed something so it does not work anymore but I seriously don't think so. Please give me some feedback here so I can change it if necessary. Sorry, can't try it myself at the moment, much to do at the university. What does the file show after a match? Could you post it maybe in the matchsave thread?
Last edited by f*ckfish on 19 Nov 2007 01:11, edited 1 time in total.
inactive, sorry

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 19 Nov 2007 01:10

macsek wrote:And also why it is suspicios for me that it is wrong is that the Title of the match_results.html is race_results... which is strange.
Sorry, the matchsave mod was created with a technique called "Rapid Application Development" :mrgreen: I always intended to change the whole html output stuff since the original code in this section is messy as hell (Sorry AM ;-) ), so the output templates did not get much attention in the first place, also the same template file is used for the match_results and race_results.
inactive, sorry

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 19 Nov 2007 05:05

small thing and I'm sure people will figure it out but
when i /karma 006
it say "the current track karma is"
rather than "the track you selected karma is"
Or "track number 6 karma is..
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 19 Nov 2007 06:07

cow wrote:small thing and I'm sure people will figure it out but
when i /karma 006
it say "the current track karma is"
rather than "the track you selected karma is"
Or "track number 6 karma is..
I believe it should say:

Code: Select all

Current Track Karma on xxxx:
XX [.......................] {you voted xx}
Make it two lines so theres no issues with the line being cut off.