ASECO/RASP v0.86 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

ASECO/RASP v0.86 released!

Post by Xymph » 01 Nov 2007 00:00

Okay, by popular demand (right? :) ) here is the latest version, containing all of the new features and bug fixes discussed in the last couple of days, as well as various minor items I also ran into. The uptodate check should indicate the availability of this version. Here is the full list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_086.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.86 release of ASECO/RASP:

* new /list options to complement /list nogold:
    /list noauthor displays all tracks the player finished but didn't beat the Author time on
    /list norecent displays all tracks the player finished but didn't race recently (includes ranked records)
    * the output from /list nogold and /list noauthor now shows how much your time is over the track's Gold and Author time, respectively
    * new karma vote reminders: if a player (but not a spectator) hasn't karma voted for a track, an optional reminder can be sent upon every finish or at the end of the track (configured via $remind_karma in rasp.settings.php)
    * new admin command: /admin pass to force any TMX /add and chat-based vote to pass
    * the /topclans output now shows how many clan members were counted to compute the clan's average server rank
    * the chat-based voting plugin has two new options to allow or disallow spectators to start votes and/or to vote /y themselves; this also applies to TMX /add votes, but admins are always allowed to vote /y
    * the track history is now written to a file that is read back at ASECO/RASP start-up; this prevents players from jukeboxing a recently played track after a restart (a frequent event on my server when developing J)
    * moved more message strings into config.xml and rasp.xml for easy customization and localization
    * some code clean-up, like removing duplicate getPlayerId functions, adding an isSpectator function, and other tid bits

Bug fixes in the v0.86 release of ASECO/RASP:

* when adding from TMX via /add or /admin add, a track with special characters (besides '?' and '*') in its filename could cause it to not load and get stuck in the jukebox – fixed by changing most special characters into '_' (underscore)
    * the special 'trackref' parameter to /add doesn't work – fixed parameter processing and made it an admin-only option; also fixed non-existent 'tracktype' field in the trackref.txt file into 'environment'
    * a replayed track is entered multiple times in the track history – fixed
    * if a track failed to load from the jukebox, the next track from the server's track list that would get loaded in its place isn't entered into the track history – fixed
    * if an admin forces a replay (/admin replay) during a /replay vote, that vote isn't cancelled, potentially allowing a double replay – fixed
    * the XML parser changes '+' characters in message strings into spaces – fixed
As always, the download and all further information can be found on my TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Cheers!
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

m&o
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.86 released!

Post by m&o » 01 Nov 2007 07:29

again?:P :1010 ...but I stil have problems whit my aseco like I had on 0.85:P

MISI
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMUF

Post by MISI » 01 Nov 2007 09:52

I think there will in two weeks version 0.9 xD

Anyway, GJ!
Updated it on my server. ;>

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 01 Nov 2007 10:36

/replay error?

Code: Select all

[11/01,10:37:22] player siteguru used chat command "/replay "
[11/01,10:37:22] Vote by siteguru replays track upon completion!
End Round
End Race
|...Calculating ranks
|...Done!
{RASP Jukebox} Setting Next Challenge to Ride Hight, requested by XXX-FUEGO
Set timelimit for "XXX Firebrand":  283920 (Authortime: 47320)
Begin Race
{RASP Jukebox} Next Challenge Ride Hight did not load once
[11/01,10:38:03] track changed [Ride Hight] >> [XXX Firebrand]
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

El Fuego
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2 C/S

Post by El Fuego » 01 Nov 2007 11:26

Update: /skip and /ladder worked fine. I then tried another /replay and it worked fine. :?

First time was within 30-40 secs of end of track; next time was with 2 mins before end.
Cheers!
.FUEY.
Diary Of A Mad Man

UnLeAsHeD
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by UnLeAsHeD » 01 Nov 2007 12:30

Hey,

nice work!

but i have a problem, and i can nowhere find the solution of it :(

i've got a linux v3 root server with php 5 & suse 10.0

if i start the Aseco.sh over the consol in the log file stood that:

# initialize ASECO ############################################################
[Aseco] PHP Version is 4.4.0
[Aseco] Load settings [config.xml]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.localdatabase.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rounds.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.admin.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.help.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.records.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.records2.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.recrels.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.players.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.players2.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.wins.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.stats.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.server.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.me.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.track.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_jukebox.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_chat.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_karma.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_nextmap.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_nextrank.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.rasp_votes.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.chatlog.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [plugin.uptodate.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [jfreu.plugin.php]
[Aseco] Load plugin [mistral.idlekick.php]
[Aseco] Try to connect to server on 87.230.80.142:2350
[PHP Warning] unpack(): Type V: not enough input, need 4, have 0 on line 441 in file /srv/www/vhosts/tm-unleashed.com/subdomains/test/httpdocs/includes/GbxRemote.inc.php
[PHP Warning] fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0. on line 447 in file /srv/www/vhosts/tm-unleashed.com/subdomains/test/httpdocs/includes/GbxRemote.inc.php
[ASECO Error] Connection could not be established! on line 185

i dont know why.....maybe somebody can help me :?

greetings

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 Nov 2007 12:46

m&o wrote:again?:P :1010 ...but I stil have problems whit my aseco like I had on 0.85:P
I wasn't aware, what problems are that? Have you installed from scratch, or are you using files from before v0.85 or even before v0.8? Have you checked your config files for typos and such?
Xymph
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 Nov 2007 12:49

UnLeAsHeD wrote:but i have a problem, and i can nowhere find the solution of it :(

Are you sure you have PHP 5?
UnLeAsHeD wrote:if i start the Aseco.sh over the consol in the log file stood that:

# initialize ASECO ############################################################
[Aseco] PHP Version is 4.4.0[/quote]
It says here you have an old PHP version... as far as I know you really need PHP 5.x.
Xymph

UnLeAsHeD
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by UnLeAsHeD » 01 Nov 2007 13:16

Xymph wrote:
UnLeAsHeD wrote:but i have a problem, and i can nowhere find the solution of it :(

Are you sure you have PHP 5?

It says here you have an old PHP version... as far as I know you really need PHP 5.x.
Xymph

hey...thank you :) but i have updated the server and on plesk there is :

php 5.0.4-9
mysql 4.1.13-3.8

hm...maybe i'm gonna put debian + syscp on the server and not suse + plesk

greetings

m&o
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF

Post by m&o » 01 Nov 2007 13:59

Xymph wrote:
m&o wrote:again?:P :1010 ...but I stil have problems whit my aseco like I had on 0.85:P
I wasn't aware, what problems are that? Have you installed from scratch, or are you using files from before v0.85 or even before v0.8? Have you checked your config files for typos and such?
Xymph
u sayt nothing u could help me with im first gone try out whit a complete emty database if it works no worys

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 01 Nov 2007 16:13

I finally managed to do a little testing and I do like your aseco very much. That's some huge feature list you implemented there! :thumbsup:

One thing though: you still have the old "html.tpl" in your distribution but in order to create the right html output, the new matchsave plugin needs the "html.tpl" shipped with the "matchsave mod" download since it contains the additional "match" cell for the table.
inactive, sorry

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 01 Nov 2007 19:32

f*ckfish wrote:I finally managed to do a little testing and I do like your aseco very much. That's some huge feature list you implemented there! :thumbsup:
Thank you. :) And for the mention on your site as well. 8)
f*ckfish wrote:One thing though: you still have the old "html.tpl" in your distribution but in order to create the right html output, the new matchsave plugin needs the "html.tpl" shipped with the "matchsave mod" download since it contains the additional "match" cell for the table.
What new html.tpl? :wink: I did grab your matchsave v1.3 download when I included the plugin itself, and the html.tpl file in your .rar is the one I added too. It is actually identical (1002 bytes) to the one in RASP v1.5. I double-checked your downloads of v1.01 and v1.2 too, but all have the same old version.

But if you have a new html.tpl I'll be happy to include it.
Xymph

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 01 Nov 2007 21:09

I think there will in two weeks version 0.9 xD

drives me nuts too but for gods sakes dont slow him down

as for the php errors guy.. i had that.. some software dont know about plesk will give you the option of slecting which version of php to run reguardless of what is installed.
I'd do a php info and see what you are running cause i bet it is older version..
i had a simular error except mine said it had 2 when it needed 4.. a reinstall fixed that.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 01 Nov 2007 21:29

Xymph wrote: What new html.tpl? :wink: I did grab your matchsave v1.3 download when I included the plugin itself, and the html.tpl file in your .rar is the one I added too. It is actually identical (1002 bytes) to the one in RASP v1.5. I double-checked your downloads of v1.01 and v1.2 too, but all have the same old version.
But if you have a new html.tpl I'll be happy to include it.
Xymph
Mmh.. I'll double check it when I get home... :oops:
Only thing I realised was that it was not the same (btw. there was no *.tpl) in the aseco main folder, the only templates I found were in the "newinstall" folder, is my html.tpl in there? Sorry, can't access my .rar from here, will do it later.

bye,
fish
inactive, sorry

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by f*ckfish » 02 Nov 2007 00:56

Damn, my bad, had another one on my local aseco which I tweaked a bit (looked different but did not bring any advantages), but forgot about that. I truly apologise, the one you have in your distribution is up-to-date and I'm a moron :mrgreen:

Sorry
inactive, sorry