ASECO/RASP v0.85 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

ASECO/RASP v0.85 released!

Post by Xymph » 27 Oct 2007 17:13

Since all issues in the v0.84 thread appear to be hashed out, here is v0.85 as promised. With a new user command, new admin stuff and an up-to-date check, jukebox and voting enhancements, bug fixes and more, it has turned out a decent update in the end. Here is the list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_085.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.85 release of ASECO/RASP:

* new /topsums command (short for: top summaries) to display the top-100 of players with the most top-3 ranked records (i.e. of /summary results)
    * updated /best and /worst commands to include an track ID column so that tracks can be jukeboxed directly (without going through /list)
    * new admin commands: /admin removethis and /admin erasethis to quickly remove the current track from rotation and, if erasethis, also delete the track file
    * new up-to-date check at start-up (optional) and /admin uptodate command to check for the current version of ASECO/RASP; consequently, Jfreu's /uptodate command was disabled
    * new <limit> configuration option in localdatabase.xml to restrict the highest records that are still displayed
    * computation of the required number of votes for TMX /add and chat-based votes adjusted for low player counts
    * the informational /helpvote messages sent to all players or just a new player can now be turned off completely
    * an extra check for a "stuck" track in the jukebox is done when loading the next one, and if it fails to load twice it's dropped
    * if <show_recs_before> in config.xml is true, the original Current Record message is redundant with the top-8 records list, and no longer shown
    * if <show_recs_before> in config.xml is true and the player has a ranked record, then the Personal Best message can optionally be skipped ($always_show_pb = false)

Bug fixes in the v0.85 release of ASECO/RASP:

* in determining the required number of votes, spectators were still included for TMX /add votes – fixed
    * when adding from TMX via /add or /admin add, a track with a '?' or '*' in its filename causes it to not load and get stuck in the jukebox – fixed by changing all occurrences of '?' and '*' into '_'
    * in very rare conditions (running on WinXP with a buggy PHP time functions library in a country using 8-bit characters) the /server and /stats commands could fail silently because the 'strftime' system call returns a bogus timezone – fixed by changing to 'date' system calls
    * using '$g$m' to clear text attributes after track names and player nicknames in various messages could result in inconsistencies with italics – fixed by replacing '$g$m' with '$z$s' (or occasionally '$z$s$i')
As always, the download and all further information can be found on my TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Enjoy!
Xymph

P.S. Can someone explain how the Dedimania support in FAST works in general terms? Does using the Dedimania plugin work together with a local database, or is it one or the other?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.85 released!

Post by cow » 27 Oct 2007 17:23

ok you rock.. I'll let someone else pester you for features now

well unless you'd be willing to rename karma to cowma. lol didnt think so. wish i didnt.

"an extra check for a "stuck" track in the jukebox is done when loading the next one, and if it fails to load twice it's dropped'

i'll test but i figured i'd ask too
you and I are playing a cool track.. I juke my own track for next.. then you juke yours..
before track ends we decide to restart/replay.. will your track play
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

slly
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by slly » 27 Oct 2007 19:01

in the top of my chat.admin.php, i have a global variable array of special characters that make filesystems mad. use the same array and function in both /add and /admin add

http://home.agitated.net/tm/chat.admin.phps

$srch = array('?', '!', ':', ';', ',','Ä','Î', '°', '.', '*','&','@','#','%', '^', '(', ')', '<', '>', '[', ']','{','}','в','_','Ţ','τ','ŗ','¥'); // special chars that mess up the filenames

then, down in the add's, i have this

$stripped = str_replace($srch, '', $stripped); // remove the special chars from the filenames

Lukefwkr
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Lukefwkr » 27 Oct 2007 19:49

slly wrote:in the top of my chat.admin.php, i have a global variable array of special characters that make filesystems mad. use the same array and function in both /add and /admin add

$srch = array('?', '!', ':', ';', ',','Ä','Î', '°', '.', '*','&','@','#','%', '^', '(', ')', '<', '>', '[', ']','{','}','в','_','Ţ','τ','ŗ','¥'); // special chars that mess up the filenames

$stripped = str_replace($srch, '', $stripped); // remove the special chars from the filenames
instead of stripping down all the special character, that are in this array, you should set up a routine of all the allowed characters like this one:

Code: Select all

function str_clear($string)
{
	$remove = array('$w','$W','$n','$N','$i','$I','$s','$S','$u','$U','$z','$Z');
	$result = str_replace($remove,'',$string);
	while (is_substr('$',$result) === true) {
	    $result = str_replace(substr($result,strpos($result, '$'),4),'',$result);
	}
	$result = trim($result);
	$result = str_replace('  ',' ',$result);
	$result = str_replace(' ','.',$result);
	$result = str_replace('@','a',$result);
	$allowed_chars = 'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890.-_+';
    $result2 = '';
    for($x = 0; $x < strlen($result); $x++){
       $pos = strpos($allowed_chars, $result{$x});
	   if ($pos === FALSE) {
	   }
	   else
	   {
	   $result2 = $result2.$result{$x};
	   }
    }
	$result = $result2;	
	return $result;
}
this should work better.
...may the force be with you! Image
http://www.lukesfunarena.de || http://www.FiLEWALKER.de

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 27 Oct 2007 20:51

on dedimania, not sure what your asking.. but maybe this is it.
dedimania doesnt use the localdatabase at all
but yes you can run both at the same time, which I like to do.. but I have limited the dedimanai spam alot.. most messages private except for ranks before races.
Some dont like it and find it confusing, (yours would probably confuse them more as it looks like dedi recs)but I also like the shared records.
Most of the time the server records beat dedimania, it is handy for "knowing there must be a cut" on this track

I have to put in my bot spam help what dedimania versus server recs are as people really do get confused on why they are 7th on one and 3rd on the other.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Oct 2007 21:16

cow wrote:ok you rock.. I'll let someone else pester you for features now

well unless you'd be willing to rename karma to cowma. lol didnt think so. wish i didnt.
Uhm, I'm not gonna answer that. :P
cow wrote:"an extra check for a "stuck" track in the jukebox is done when loading the next one, and if it fails to load twice it's dropped'

i'll test but i figured i'd ask too
you and I are playing a cool track.. I juke my own track for next.. then you juke yours..
before track ends we decide to restart/replay.. will your track play
Well, this isn't really related to the 'stuck' track problem. If the replay vote passes in time before the scoreboard, the current track will be put first in the jukebox, before 'yours' and 'mine', so eventually 'my' track will play after those other two. This should be the normal behaviour. If you find it works differently, please let me know though.

If the first track in the jukebox is really stuck, the following happens: that track is dropped and properly prepended to the jukebox (to hopefully fix the problem) while the next track from the server rotation loads; then when it still fails to load the second time it's dropped permanently and another track from the server rotation is played, before the system returns to the next (hopefully not 'stuck') track in the jukebox. With what I now know about the whole jukebox/track switch mechanism, as triggered by the onEndRace and onNewChallenge server events, there's no way to avoid those server rotation tracks cutting in on the jukebox queue, unless you wanna manually "redo" the events within the track loading code in some way. But to me that seems overkill for a problem that happens fairly rarely, if at all in v0.8x.

Xymph
Last edited by Xymph on 27 Oct 2007 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 27 Oct 2007 21:34

Which files did you change in this update? I would like to be able to keep as many files as possible, since I've done a lot of tweaking.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Oct 2007 21:38

slly wrote:in the top of my chat.admin.php, i have a global variable array of special characters that make filesystems mad. use the same array and function in both /add and /admin add

Oh, I didn't know you still updated your mods, as there hasn't been mention of the latest versions in your thread... or I simply overlooked them. Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that as well as Luke's suggestion for the next release.
Xymph

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 27 Oct 2007 21:45

blooper wrote:Which files did you change in this update? I would like to be able to keep as many files as possible, since I've done a lot of tweaking.
That's mentioned in the Upgrading from v0.84 section on my page. Actually all the files with a date after October 23 (when v0.84 came out) were updated, but some have only minor cosmetic tweaks.

If you're on Linux, "diff" is your friend. :idea:
Xymph

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by blooper » 27 Oct 2007 21:47

Xymph wrote:
blooper wrote:Which files did you change in this update? I would like to be able to keep as many files as possible, since I've done a lot of tweaking.
That's mentioned in the Upgrading from v0.84 section on my page. Actually all the files with a date after October 23 (when v0.84 came out) were updated, but some have only minor cosmetic tweaks.

If you're on Linux, "diff" is your friend. :idea:
Xymph
Oh, I was looking at the 0.85 section not the 0.84... My mistake. :P

slly
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU

Post by slly » 28 Oct 2007 01:55

i've been really busy with school and work, i dont even have time to play much anymore ;)

i've been putting comments in at the top of files i'm updating for interested parties.

some of the nuts & bolts of /add and /admin add can be put into their own functions to reduce redundant code.

i'm going to move my admin mods, /admin removethis deletethis restart ladder to their own file and functions so they can co-exist better with others' mods. /admin restart will probably be renamed to /admin replay. the function at the bottom of my file will get moved into its own file so it can exist without my admin mods. the voting and /add mods will have to remain in the jukebox script unless i can figure out how to override the existing functions and whatnot.

lupo.sk
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by lupo.sk » 28 Oct 2007 08:29

At startup of ASECO is hole between

[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.admin.php]

[Aseco] Load plugin [chat.help.php]

It's maybe nothink, but made me this LF litle be nervous. :| Looks like that some plugins didnt start. I'm using Win2003WEB, PHP 5.2.0, MySQL 5.0.45. I also set CRLF for using in Win32 mode.

Thx.

m&o
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF

Post by m&o » 28 Oct 2007 09:51

lupo.sk wrote:At startup of ASECO is hole between

It's maybe nothink, but made me this LF litle be nervous. :| Looks like that some plugins didnt start. I'm using Win2003WEB, PHP 5.2.0, MySQL 5.0.45. I also set CRLF for using in Win32 mode.

Thx.
I think there is an emty sentence ad the end of chat.admin.php make sure there is NOTHING behind the ?> in the end of chat.admin.php

sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2

Post by sbone » 28 Oct 2007 10:12

Hi
v0.85 works fine with all my other pluggins
Thanks again Xymph for your great job :)

Since v0.82 (but i also made some changes in php.ini), in game, chat box sometimes disappear for 1 or 2 second
and then go back (no line are missing)...
Any idea ?

@+
-- SbOne --
Public CSb1 portal : http://csb1.sbone.fr -/- Team CSb1 : http://sbone.fr

BReMFoX
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by BReMFoX » 28 Oct 2007 10:17

m&o wrote:
lupo.sk wrote:At startup of ASECO is hole between

Thx.
I think there is an emty sentence ad the end of chat.admin.php make sure there is NOTHING behind the ?> in the end of chat.admin.php
I have it too.
And there is nothing behind <plugin>chat.admin.php</plugin>

I got also empty chat boxes for a few secs, mentioned in the post of sbone above.

There are 2 people in the server, 1 is spec. and 1 is racing.
When the spec. throws a Skip vote (chat-voting), it passes automatically.
When the spec. did that the racer wasn't very pleased :P
Maybe an option to change that?