ASECO/RASP v0.81 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

ASECO/RASP v0.81 released!

Post by Xymph » 14 Oct 2007 19:04

Okay, here is the first set of updates on the v0.8 release of ASECO/RASP numbered, predictably :D, version 0.81. Here is the list from http://www.gamers.org/tmn/Features_081.html :
  • New features and other changes in the v0.81 release of ASECO/RASP:

* new /chatlog command to display the most recent 30 (default) lines of player chat in a pop-up window
    * showing a FAST-like record report after each track is now optional too, via config.xml setting <show_recs_after>; if False, the old top-5 from v0.7 is shown
    * new admin command: /admin showguestlist to display the list of guest player(s)
    * new admin commands: /admin writeguestlist and /admin readguestlist to write/read the player guestlist to/from disk
    * The player connect/leave messages are now available from a separate jfreu.player.php plugin, in case you don't want/need the rest of the Jfreu functionality (rank limiting, unspec voting, bad word filtering, admin commands, etc).
    * The Jfreu unspec-fix plugin (jfreu.unspec.php) by F*ckfish is now part of the standard distribution, although by default not included in plugins.xml.

Bug fixes in the v0.81 release of ASECO/RASP:

* When a player connected, the before record report was shown to all players, instead of just the new one – fixed.
No, this doesn't include chat-based voting yet, that will take more time, but I figured it would be useful to get a quick release out with the above stuff that was already discussed in the v0.8 release thread, plus the guestlist commands that were easy to add.
Btw, is there a need for Unban, Unblacklist, Add/RemoveGuest commands in /admin, or are all admins using Remote-CP/Servermania/whathaveyou for that anyway?

As usual, the download and all further information can be found on my TMN page:

http://www.gamers.org/tmn/

Cheers!
Xymph
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.81 released!

Post by sbone » 14 Oct 2007 19:31

Xymph wrote: * The Jfreu unspec-fix plugin (jfreu.unspec.php) by F*ckfish is now part of the standard distribution, although by default not included in plugins.xml.
Thanks again for your great work ;)
I use "jfreu.hack.php", did you mean that now i could remove that pluggin ?
-- SbOne --
Public CSb1 portal : http://csb1.sbone.fr -/- Team CSb1 : http://sbone.fr

blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by blooper » 14 Oct 2007 19:34

Aw man... there's already another release? I just got v0.8 configured how i like it. :roll: :P

Xymph wrote: Btw, is there a need for Unban, Unblacklist, Add/RemoveGuest commands in /admin, or are all admins using Remote-CP/Servermania/whathaveyou for that anyway?
The unban would be very nice for people that mess around with the ban command and can't figure out how to unban afterwards... *whistles innocently* :oops:

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 14 Oct 2007 20:18

sbone wrote:
Xymph wrote: * The Jfreu unspec-fix plugin (jfreu.unspec.php) by F*ckfish is now part of the standard distribution, although by default not included in plugins.xml.
Thanks again for your great work ;)
I use "jfreu.hack.php", did you mean that now i could remove that pluggin ?
Yes, it's the same thing, I just thought that "hack" was a poor choice in a filename, :roll: hence jfreu.unspec.php. I clarified that now in the Upgrading from v0.8 section on my page.
blooper wrote:Aw man... there's already another release? I just got v0.8 configured how i like it. :roll: :P
Yes, I know it may come as a shock after the long silence between v0.7 and v0.8. :P 8) But that's why the aforementioned Upgrading section lists the files that are changed so you can copy only those into your existing v0.8 directory.

Xymph
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2

Post by sbone » 14 Oct 2007 20:28

Yes, it's the same thing, I just thought that "hack" was a poor choice in a filename, :roll: hence jfreu.unspec.php. I clarified that now in the Upgrading from v0.8 section on my page.
Thanks ;)
so for next release include it in plugins.xml as you included jfreu.plugin.php ;)
-- SbOne --
Public CSb1 portal : http://csb1.sbone.fr -/- Team CSb1 : http://sbone.fr

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 14 Oct 2007 20:44

sbone wrote:
Thanks ;)
so for next release include it in plugins.xml as you included jfreu.plugin.php ;)
Actually, I left it out on purpose, and it should only be included by admins that actually use the /unspec feature.
That's because the plugin is called every time that every player passes a checkpoint, and I don't think that kind of processing overhead should be enabled by default. ASECO isn't very fast to begin with, when compared to FAST, in my experience.

Xymph

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO

Post by cow » 14 Oct 2007 21:17

cool that was quick.
Btw, is there a need for Unban, Unblacklist, Add/RemoveGuest commands in /admin, or are all admins using Remote-CP/Servermania/whathaveyou for that anyway?
people dont get unbanned from my server anymore.

i had a second chance sunday once and cleared the list. One guy who had been banned for months came in ten minutes later. LOL i swear he was waiting to be unbanned so he could come in and yell obscenities at everyone. Most of the people I unbanned made there way back on the list soon after coming back to the server.
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 14 Oct 2007 22:02

Xymph wrote:I just thought that "hack" was a poor choice in a filename
Pfft... :mrgreen:
inactive, sorry

milllan
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by milllan » 15 Oct 2007 08:45

I think its time to change the way server rank works ... Average sucks...
Just use points top1 = 50pts (if its set to save top50), top2 = 49 pts etc .... This way we get the same ranking order on the server ... but, we can see how much we need to improve for one place higher on server rank
g.Serbia.miןlan ®

http://www.myspace.com/milllan

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 15 Oct 2007 15:50

milllan wrote:I think its time to change the way server rank works ... Average sucks...
It does? :lol:
milllan wrote:Just use points top1 = 50pts (if its set to save top50), top2 = 49 pts etc .... This way we get the same ranking order on the server ... but, we can see how much we need to improve for one place higher on server rank
Well, I'm not sure about that... the average system is what the community has been used to since the introduction of RASP, and I'm not aware of wide-spread unhappiness with it. What do others think?

Btw, the next v0.82 release will include a new /nextrank command to quickly see who's ranked right above you without browsing through /top100 (if you're even in the top 100 :roll:).

Xymph

MISI
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMUF

Post by MISI » 15 Oct 2007 15:54

Xymph wrote:Btw, is there a need for Unban, Unblacklist, Add/RemoveGuest commands in /admin, or are all admins using Remote-CP/Servermania/whathaveyou for that anyway?
It will be nice to see it in next update. ;-)

m&o
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF

Post by m&o » 15 Oct 2007 17:37

now already talking about next update...is it gone be 3 rasp versions a week?:P

:1010 says enof<<

Fisch.666
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Fisch.666 » 15 Oct 2007 18:46

Hi!

First thanks for the 0.8 and 0.81 updates, both works here without a problem. But i get a lot of:
[15-Oct-2007 19:54:02] PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /path/to/aseco/plugins/jfreu.plugin.php on line 257
warnings in my php errorlog. To fix this i had to change all

&$aseco or &$command

to

$aseco or $command and now the warnings are gone...

Anbert
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Anbert » 15 Oct 2007 19:18

Fisch.666 wrote:Hi!

First thanks for the 0.8 and 0.81 updates, both works here without a problem. But i get a lot of:
[15-Oct-2007 19:54:02] PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. in /path/to/aseco/plugins/jfreu.plugin.php on line 257
warnings in my php errorlog. To fix this i had to change all

&$aseco or &$command

to

$aseco or $command and now the warnings are gone...
or edit the flag in the ini file like I did. But I'm getting another 100 errors. All like :

[RPC Error -1000] Permission denied.
Array
(
[0] => AddChatCommand
[1] => Array
(
[0] => jfreu
)

)

I'm too tired to think, any suggestions?

Anbert
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Anbert » 15 Oct 2007 19:25

[quote="Anbert
[RPC Error -1000] Permission denied.
Array
(
[0] => AddChatCommand
[1] => Array
(
[0] => jfreu
)

)

I'm too tired to think, any suggestions?[/quote]

O man. I forgot to edit config.xml. Now i'm embarresed... But it's nice for other sleepyheads to have this in this topic. Off we go!