ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5704
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by Xymph » 09 Dec 2007 21:52

sbone wrote:Thanks again for your great job Xymph ;)
All works fine with 0.90 ;)
Good to hear, thanks.
sbone wrote:I have one demand (my first ;) ,
Could you wrote me a function ;)

Display the most top played maps
(a real count.... map that as been played since the end of the round)

i think is little job to do that...
Add a column in the db for the count
and a function to display the count ;)
I don't really want to add extra database fields, and as you already realized, there's no other way to compute/display that info.

Instead I use the following shell script on my (Linux) server to tally the number of times each track is played from the log:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
grep track.changed ~/aseco/logfile* | sed 's~.*\] >> \[~~;s~\]$~~' | sort | uniq -c | sort -r
That's just to check the counts myself of course, users don't have access to it.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
sbone
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 181
Joined: 13 Sep 2007 18:11
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2
Location: In the sky...
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by sbone » 09 Dec 2007 23:23

not realy that i want :

1)i reset logfile often
2)players dont have access to that.

forget my demand ;) but Thanks also ;)

@+
-- SbOne --
Public CSb1 portal : http://csb1.sbone.fr -/- Team CSb1 : http://sbone.fr

User avatar
soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 161
Joined: 07 Jun 2007 13:52
Owned TM-games: TMU
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by soehest » 10 Dec 2007 07:01

Have been running this version since release, but have not been playing much lately as i have been working a lot. Such an evil world it is :lol: I have noticed some small bug though. When as a masteradmin putting a recent track in the jukebox gives a warning message that the track has been played recently, which is true but as the command is beeing issued as a masteradmin i guess it should not be displayed, and the track is added to the jukebox correctly :-)

/list newest is a very nice addition but does not seem to be working on recent tracks added via /admin add xxx. Doing a /list newest after the add command does not reveal the new tracks(s) at once, first when the track changes which is a bit late, as i would like to use this command to put in new tracks in the jukebox without having to browse all tracks with the /list command

Another thing completely off topic is the ban and blacklist commands. As far as i can tell the blacklist command has a file (blacklist.xml) which enables one to save blacklisted players where as the ban command does not have this and thus all bans will disappear when doing a server restart. Are there any other differences in theese? Would it be possible to adapt the blacklist behaviour to the ban list as people to tend to use the ban command (which imho is the correct term for a user not being able to log in to the server) so there is a banlist.xml as well, and that this files gets autoupdated when doing a new ban or unban. And reloaded at server startup. I do forget to write those files and can't see the point of not keeping those files up2date as changes happen so theese files would always reflect the current ban list. I apologise if this has been asked ealier ;-)

Request:
Oh yes i also do have a small request :-) A shuffle command which can shuffle the current tracks based on length so it will shuffle the tracklist between long and short tracks. So a server can have a tracklist with one long, one short one long etc... Or if this cannot be made just a shuffle command so i don't have to restart the server to shuffle the tracks :-)

NB:
What happened to the dedimania record system, were plans dropped?

Regards
Daniel

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5704
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by Xymph » 10 Dec 2007 15:04

soehest wrote:Have been running this version since release, but have not been playing much lately as i have been working a lot. Such an evil world it is :lol: I have noticed some small bug though. When as a masteradmin putting a recent track in the jukebox gives a warning message that the track has been played recently, which is true but as the command is beeing issued as a masteradmin i guess it should not be displayed, and the track is added to the jukebox correctly :-)
That's not a bug but an intentional warning, so that the masteradmin can decide to drop it again when there was no intention to (ab)use his/her powers by queuing a recently played track already again. :)
soehest wrote:/list newest is a very nice addition but does not seem to be working on recent tracks added via /admin add xxx. Doing a /list newest after the add command does not reveal the new tracks(s) at once, first when the track changes which is a bit late, as i would like to use this command to put in new tracks in the jukebox without having to browse all tracks with the /list command
/list newest works by checking the database for the highest challenge IDs, but a track is only added there when it's first loaded by the server and an onNewChallenge event is sent to the database plugin. So that requires a /list (search by track name saves browsing through many pages though) and /jukebox first.

The only other approach, which is the one /add takes, is to add the track immediately to the jukebox after downloading it via /admin add. I'm actually not sure why the latter doesn't do that the same way as the user /add, but can make that a new option.
soehest wrote:Another thing completely off topic is the ban and blacklist commands. As far as i can tell the blacklist command has a file (blacklist.xml) which enables one to save blacklisted players where as the ban command does not have this and thus all bans will disappear when doing a server restart. Are there any other differences in theese?
The banlist also stores the IP and client (computer name) of the banned players, and blocks players by IP. The blacklist stores only logins and thus blocks players by those logins. As to why no calls exist in the TMN server to read and write the banlist just like the blacklist and guestlist... I don't know. :cry:
soehest wrote:Would it be possible to adapt the blacklist behaviour to the ban list as people to tend to use the ban command (which imho is the correct term for a user not being able to log in to the server) so there is a banlist.xml as well, and that this files gets autoupdated when doing a new ban or unban. And reloaded at server startup. I do forget to write those files and can't see the point of not keeping those files up2date as changes happen so theese files would always reflect the current ban list. I apologise if this has been asked ealier ;-)
A couple of things are mixed up here. First, it's important to understand the blacklist and banlist are maintained inside the TMN server, but it provides read/write calls to a file only for the blacklist (and guestlist). So I can't adapt one to the other inside Aseco because their meaning and use is defined and controlled outside Aseco.

Second, the blacklist.txt file (and guestlist.txt) is already read automatically when the TMN server starts up and finds it in the GameData/ directory (this is the reason why my renaming the file to blacklist.xml in v0.89 had to be reverted in v0.90).

Third, while it's possible to grab the banlist from the server and write it to a file in XML, there's no point in doing that because such a file cannot be read back and restored in the TMN server's banlist. That's because the Ban server call (to add a player to the banlist) works only on players (logins) that are online, as only then can the server obtain that IP and clientname to include in the list. The BlackList server call does work on offline logins because all it has to do is store those logins.

The only thing that isn't done yet, is to write out the current blacklist and guestlist whenever a player is added or removed, so that the files on disk are at least always current with the TMN server. I'll add that to the next release.

Btw, you said "people to tend to use the ban command" but if by people you mean users, that's because with the CallVotes system there is no blacklist vote, only a ban vote; and with the chat-based voting system there is no /ban command at all, so I'm not sure how they could "tend to use" it. Perhaps you meant admins instead of users, and they have a choice whether to use ban or blacklist, while keeping in mind the above information about their respective purposes.
soehest wrote:Request:
Oh yes i also do have a small request :-) A shuffle command which can shuffle the current tracks based on length so it will shuffle the tracklist between long and short tracks. So a server can have a tracklist with one long, one short one long etc... Or if this cannot be made just a shuffle command so i don't have to restart the server to shuffle the tracks :-)
The former isn't really feasible: you'd have to read the track list, remove all the tracks from the track list, sort it by alternating long and short author times (for which no PHP sort call exists so that would have to be programmed manually), and add them all back to the server. Thanks... but no thanks. :P

The latter will be possible in the imminent v0.91 by using /admin writetracklist and /admin readtracklist, see page 3 of this thread.
soehest wrote:NB:
What happened to the dedimania record system, were plans dropped?
No, but as mentioned before that's a complex and time-consuming subproject, and I first wanted to get all the 'simpler' requests and subprojects cleared off my plate. :) Not to mention lengthy forum posts like this. :wink: But now that you mention it, I did write a simple "hello world"-type script this weekend to learn more about how it works. So there's your progress report on that. 8)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

cow
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Posts: 216
Joined: 20 Mar 2007 02:53
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by cow » 10 Dec 2007 19:46

was the rec range removed? i used to like that
fo dedimania, if you do impliment it.. which i hope you do.. it could really help make them(dm recs) more usefull.. got to make it a different color or something because right now the dm recs look exactly like yours
join me at the music tower
Tet19's MusicTower

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5704
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by Xymph » 10 Dec 2007 20:05

cow wrote:was the rec range removed? i used to like that
I already answered that. :P
cow wrote:fo dedimania, if you do impliment it.. which i hope you do.. it could really help make them(dm recs) more usefull.. got to make it a different color or something because right now the dm recs look exactly like yours
Well, they would be configurable of course, but really, their color is the least of my concerns now. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 161
Joined: 07 Jun 2007 13:52
Owned TM-games: TMU
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by soehest » 11 Dec 2007 07:59

Xymph wrote:
soehest wrote:Have been running this version since release, but have not been playing much lately as i have been working a lot. Such an evil world it is :lol: I have noticed some small bug though. When as a masteradmin putting a recent track in the jukebox gives a warning message that the track has been played recently, which is true but as the command is beeing issued as a masteradmin i guess it should not be displayed, and the track is added to the jukebox correctly :-)
That's not a bug but an intentional warning, so that the masteradmin can decide to drop it again when there was no intention to (ab)use his/her powers by queuing a recently played track already again. :)
Oh i see, i love to abuse my powers, this is probably why i am seeing this message all the time ;-)
soehest wrote:/list newest is a very nice addition but does not seem to be working on recent tracks added via /admin add xxx. Doing a /list newest after The only other approach, which is the one /add takes, is to add the track immediately to the jukebox after downloading it via /admin add. I'm actually not sure why the latter doesn't do that the same way as the user /add, but can make that a new option.
Ah that explains why it only shows up on a list, would be nice with a option to add it directly to the jukebox on add.
soehest wrote:Would it be possible to adapt the blacklist behaviour to the ban list as people to tend to use the ban command (which imho is the correct term for a user not being able to log in to the server) so there is a banlist.xml as well, and that this files gets autoupdated when doing a new ban or unban. And reloaded at server startup. I do forget to write those files and can't see the point of not keeping those files up2date as changes happen so theese files would always reflect the current ban list. I apologise if this has been asked ealier ;-)
Xymph wrote:A couple of things are mixed up here. First, it's important to understand the blacklist and banlist are maintained inside the TMN server, but it provides read/write calls to a file only for the blacklist (and guestlist). So I can't adapt one to the other inside Aseco because their meaning and use is defined and controlled outside Aseco.

The only thing that isn't done yet, is to write out the current blacklist and guestlist whenever a player is added or removed, so that the files on disk are at least always current with the TMN server. I'll add that to the next release.
Wow that was a big read, but thanx alot for using the time to clarify things for me. Actually my bad i was thinking of /admin ban and not users. I digged into the listmethods and can see the problem as (as you say) there is no way to reread the banlist into the server so i actually should just use the blacklist instead. Should have checked up on this before asking this question, but thank you for making it a sticky thing, any chance this could be added to the tracks as well so i don't have to rememeber /admin writetracklist on server restart? :-)

soehest wrote:Request:
Oh yes i also do have a small request :-) A shuffle command which can shuffle the current tracks based on length so it will shuffle the tracklist between long and short tracks. So a server can have a tracklist with one long, one short one long etc... Or if this cannot be made just a shuffle command so i don't have to restart the server to shuffle the tracks :-)
Xymph wrote: The former isn't really feasible: you'd have to read the track list, remove all the tracks from the track list, sort it by alternating long and short author times (for which no PHP sort call exists so that would have to be programmed manually), and add them all back to the server. Thanks... but no thanks. :P
Hehe, was afraid you would say that, will try to look into it when i get the time, there must be a way to get the track length from outside the server, maybe :-)
Xymph wrote: The latter will be possible in the imminent v0.91 by using /admin writetracklist and /admin readtracklist, see page 3 of this thread.
Sounds great have some days off from work so i am just sitting and waiting around :3
soehest wrote:NB:
What happened to the dedimania record system, were plans dropped?
Xymph wrote: No, but as mentioned before that's a complex and time-consuming subproject, and I first wanted to get all the 'simpler' requests and subprojects cleared off my plate. :) Not to mention lengthy forum posts like this. :wink: But now that you mention it, I did write a simple "hello world"-type script this weekend to learn more about how it works. So there's your progress report on that. 8)
Haha, i'll try to keep my fingers from typing on the keyboard ;-) A hello world is always a great start to something bigger, good luck with this :-)

(not good with quote tags, but is trying hard) :pil

Regards

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5704
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by Xymph » 11 Dec 2007 13:22

soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote:That's not a bug but an intentional warning, so that the masteradmin can decide to drop it again when there was no intention to (ab)use his/her powers by queuing a recently played track already again. :)
Oh i see, i love to abuse my powers, this is probably why i am seeing this message all the time ;-)
Tsk tsk. :P
soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote:The only other approach, which is the one /add takes, is to add the track immediately to the jukebox after downloading it via /admin add. I'm actually not sure why the latter doesn't do that the same way as the user /add, but can make that a new option.
Ah that explains why it only shows up on a list, would be nice with a option to add it directly to the jukebox on add.
Yup, it's in there.
soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote:The only thing that isn't done yet, is to write out the current blacklist and guestlist whenever a player is added or removed, so that the files on disk are at least always current with the TMN server. I'll add that to the next release.
Wow that was a big read, but thanx alot for using the time to clarify things for me. Actually my bad i was thinking of /admin ban and not users. I digged into the listmethods and can see the problem as (as you say) there is no way to reread the banlist into the server so i actually should just use the blacklist instead. Should have checked up on this before asking this question, but thank you for making it a sticky thing, any chance this could be added to the tracks as well so i don't have to rememeber /admin writetracklist on server restart? :-)
No, because writetracklist (and readtracklist) are designed to take a filename parameter in order to allow switching between multiple match settings. I don't want to automatically write to a default file when the admin was actually running the server off another one.
soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote: The former isn't really feasible: you'd have to read the track list, remove all the tracks from the track list, sort it by alternating long and short author times (for which no PHP sort call exists so that would have to be programmed manually), and add them all back to the server. Thanks... but no thanks. :P
Hehe, was afraid you would say that, will try to look into it when i get the time, there must be a way to get the track length from outside the server, maybe :-)
Sure there is, you can read it from the track file with some PHP code, see function getChallengeData() in rasp.funcs.php.
soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote: The latter will be possible in the imminent v0.91 by using /admin writetracklist and /admin readtracklist, see page 3 of this thread.
Sounds great have some days off from work so i am just sitting and waiting around :3
Uhm, ok, no pressure, no pressure. :wink:
soehest wrote:
Xymph wrote: No, but as mentioned before that's a complex and time-consuming subproject, and I first wanted to get all the 'simpler' requests and subprojects cleared off my plate. :) Not to mention lengthy forum posts like this. :wink: But now that you mention it, I did write a simple "hello world"-type script this weekend to learn more about how it works. So there's your progress report on that. 8)
Haha, i'll try to keep my fingers from typing on the keyboard ;-) A hello world is always a great start to something bigger, good luck with this :-)
Thanks.
soehest wrote:(not good with quote tags, but is trying hard) :pil
Nah, but that's ok. :)
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

greedy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Sep 2006 23:41
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN TMO TMS
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by greedy » 13 Dec 2007 21:34

About to upgrade to .91 but i'd fort i'd let you know about this problem.

The local records seem to be borked

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6162 ... t28wr6.jpg

players time listed as unranked, but when he puts in a slower time than his pb, he gets a record, checked the db and there are no errors.
DFA Server Admin.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5704
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by Xymph » 13 Dec 2007 22:46

greedy wrote:About to upgrade to .91 but i'd fort i'd let you know about this problem.

The local records seem to be borked
http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/6162 ... t28wr6.jpg

players time listed as unranked, but when he puts in a slower time than his pb, he gets a record, checked the db and there are no errors.
That particular code which displays personal bests hasn't functionally changed since my initial v0.8 release. The following happens when loading a track: all ranked records from the 'records' table in the aseco database are read first and if the player is among them, that time and rank is shown as the personal best. If not, a second table called 'rs_times' is checked, as it contains all finish times for that player on that track, not just the record time. This table apparently contained 35.29 secs as the best entry (out of at least two entries, because their average is 35.51), but since that same time wasn't found in the 'records' table, it is displayed as an Unranked time. So initially the player drove 35.67 and because there was no entry for him/her in the list of ranked records, it's considered the first entry ("claimed"), even though the time was slower than the real personal best. Subsequent finishes keep improving the time ("gained") in the same way.

Normally, the best time in 'rs_times' is also stored in 'records' as that player's personal best, but either that didn't happen on your server through some glitch, or the 'records' entry was lost/deleted some time before this track came up while all the 'rs_times' entries stayed around. Since the records keeping system has been running fine on my server for months, I can't think what glitch could have occurred on your server, so the second reason seems more likely.

If you're familiar with MySQL, you could try to write some queries or a script to check for tracks where a player has an 'rs_times' entry that's better than the corresponding 'records' entry or where there's no 'records' entry at all.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

greedy
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Sep 2006 23:41
Owned TM-games: TMU TMN TMO TMS
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by greedy » 13 Dec 2007 23:58

Its only happened the once, that i have been told of. Not too bothered.

Just wanted to make sure it wasn't gonna go tits up, when i bang .91 on for that server.
DFA Server Admin.

User avatar
Ant
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Posts: 1845
Joined: 01 Dec 2007 17:04
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMUF, TM Wii
Location: London, England
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by Ant » 14 Dec 2007 04:53

soehest wrote:NB:
What happened to the dedimania record system, were plans dropped?
You can use fast 3.1.3e for dedimania recs I run it alongside aseco with no problems, just remember to edit the chat plugins in fast otherwise you will get duplicated messages.

I use fast3.1.3e-winphp5 as thats the one needed if your running windows like I am, if your running something else, linux for example, you may need a different version.

Go here for the fast program: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6842

blacksea
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Posts: 17
Joined: 24 Nov 2007 11:31
Owned TM-games: TMO

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by blacksea » 14 Dec 2007 07:35

Helle Xymph. help pls

where problem ???

Image

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 5704
Joined: 19 Aug 2007 12:58
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²
Contact:

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by Xymph » 14 Dec 2007 12:34

blacksea wrote:Helle Xymph. help pls
where problem ???
Line 143 in the local database plugin is where the info (nickname, teamname, etc) of a newly connected player is updated into the database. I don't know why it times out there though. Did this happen once, or can you reproduce it when a specific player connects? And if so, can you provide details about who that player is, which login, nickname, rank, teamname, nation, etc?

Also, what character set is used in your database and your PHP? The nickname I see in that log for e.g. spirit_crusher looks rather weird compared to the in-game nickname, so perhaps there is a mismatch or UTF8 problem there.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

User avatar
blooper
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 144
Joined: 11 Oct 2007 23:47
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: ASECO/RASP v0.90 released!

Post by blooper » 15 Dec 2007 05:49

Xymph wrote:Also, what character set is used in your database and your PHP? The nickname I see in that log for e.g. spirit_crusher looks rather weird compared to the in-game nickname, so perhaps there is a mismatch or UTF8 problem there.
I get those little symbol things too. It isn't anything that causes problems though.

Post Reply