Unable to spend coppers in Nations (NOT STEAM)

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

MidnightGun
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Unable to spend coppers in Nations (NOT STEAM)

Post by MidnightGun » 24 Nov 2016 12:13

I've been playing Nations on PC for years now. It's installed as TmNationsFroever and was free but I have this vague memory they upgraded the free version to a more complete one for free at some point in the past?

Anyway I definitely did not buy this game or download it via steam - I got it directly from the website years back. I've been playing happily and have amassed about 30k coppers - it keeps giving them to me. I am able to log in from the main game menu with my TM login (MidnightGun) but when I wanted to donate some coppers I got asked for 3 digits from my key... I didn't know I have a key and I cannot find one!

I already saw this thread for the exact same problem relating to Steam downloads: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14186&start=30

However I looked in those files and see no key listed at all e.g. my Nadeo.ini just looks like this:

Code: Select all

;;;;;;;;;;;
; WARNING ;
;;;;;;;;;;;
; In order to avoid any misfunctioning do no edit this file !

[TmForever]
Version=2.11.26
Distro=ALALA
Language=en
It's been so long since I installed the game I have no idea what email account I used or anything... please can anyone help?

Alinoa
Developer
Developer

Re: Unable to spend coppers in Nations (NOT STEAM)

Post by Alinoa » 25 Nov 2016 10:52

Hi :)

Please contact the Ubisoft support regarding your issue: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33600 :wink:

Cheers :D
To add a server in your favorit list, copy this link in your game’s browser address bar
tmtp://#addfavourite=serverlogin

For direct hosting open to all, write <hide_server>1</hide_server> in the command line and use
tmtp://#join=serverlogin

MidnightGun
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMNF

Post by MidnightGun » 25 Nov 2016 12:48

Cheers... wasn't sure if they had active support. I actually dug into my emails and found TWO keys, one of them worked :)

ajayflex
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMUF

Post by ajayflex » 25 Jan 2020 06:06

Sorry for the grave dig...

I'm having a similar problem. In that I'm unable to donate coppers and am asked for the 3 digits from my key.

I (re)bought TMUF on steam, I have access to my game key, but it says "bad solo account validation" after entering the requested key.

My other (non steam) account allows copper donations with out the prompt.

Surely there's a simple fix for this? I've looked seemingly everywhere.

EDIT - I have a united account bought on steam, but I'm actually the game on TMNF, so that would explain why the steam (united) key might not work. Is there a way to find my TMNF key? I looked in the config file, but it's jibberish when opened in notepad.

nicomoore0
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: All

Post by nicomoore0 » 25 Jan 2020 14:20

only way of doing is it to contact Nadeo/Ubisoft. Why not download TMUF which can be done from the TM Player Page? Theres no reason your player key shouldn't work.
C®AżΨ αηηιнιllαтσя ッ
We Are Crazy server <<-- Click to join
Server Location
United Kingdom -> England -> London

ajayflex
highway camper
highway camper

Post by ajayflex » 29 Jan 2020 07:05

nicomoore0 wrote:
25 Jan 2020 14:20
only way of doing is it to contact Nadeo/Ubisoft. Why not download TMUF which can be done from the TM Player Page? Theres no reason your player key shouldn't work.
Giving that a go, but it didn't work in my steam TMUF or stand alone TMNF (same account)

Weird, though, that this is a recent problem, I've been able to donate coppers successfully in the (not too distant) past.

I've raised a ticket, awaiting response...

ajayflex
highway camper
highway camper

Post by ajayflex » 29 Jan 2020 07:22

Nope, that didn't work. Still getting "bad solo account validation"

nicomoore0
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: All

Post by nicomoore0 » 29 Jan 2020 14:28

Have you tried putting in the last 3 digits only?

The only time you should need the full code is on the TMU player pages or when you’re installing the game.

When I reinstalled my TMU game recently I didn’t have my personal player key to hand, I’ve not had it for years but I remembered the last 3 digits. I also have another account that I purchased for running my servers and I just used the player key for that account to unlock the installer for TMU.

What I mean is are you 100% using the correct account if you had multiple accounts? :)
C®AżΨ αηηιнιllαтσя ッ
We Are Crazy server <<-- Click to join
Server Location
United Kingdom -> England -> London