[XASECO] Plugin: Mania Karma 2.0.1 (UPDATE)

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMF, TM2C/S/V, SM
Manialink(s): undef, tmkarma

Re: [XASECO] Plugin: TM-Karma.com 1.0.1 (UPDATE)

Post by undef.de » 17 Mar 2011 18:36

nicomoore0 wrote:I am a former user of TM Karma but I had issues with it killing the speed of my server. As you know ther is the +, ++, +++, -, --, --- commands. Lets say for instance a map of fufi/jfreu karma has:

+ 12

Since I removed TM Karma if I were to type ++ the karma results would look like this for some weird reason

+ 12

Whats wrong?
I have no idea, but you can try

Code: Select all

UPDATE `rs_karma` SET `Score`='1' WHERE `Score`='2' OR `Score`='3';
UPDATE `rs_karma` SET `Score`='-1' WHERE `Score`='-2' OR `Score`='-3';
with PHPMyAdmin (or something alike) to reset the "unnormal" votes back to RASP/Karma values.

Make sure you have a backup of your Database before trying this!

Btw: The next release should be faster for server outside of europe... you should give that a chance!
Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco,
like Records-Eyepiece, TM-Karma, Alternate Scoretable...
Visit my Lab: www.undef.name

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

sotn0r
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMNF

Post by sotn0r » 04 Apr 2011 15:54

i keep getting result 302 since today and no karma is displayed in my widgets.. is there anything wrong currently with the tm-karma server ?

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by undef.de » 04 Apr 2011 19:25

sotn0r wrote:i keep getting result 302 since today and no karma is displayed in my widgets.. is there anything wrong currently with the tm-karma server ?
Nope, here all running fine.... did you use your Login/Community more then once?

You can try also:
  • "/karma reload"
  • restart XAseco
If that did not help, tell me the Login from your Server and i can take a look into the API-Logs.

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

Rayes
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN TMF TMU

Post by Rayes » 28 Apr 2011 17:06

Just since now im getting the following error:

[04/28,19:03:01] Trying to authenticate with central database http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2 ...
[XASECO Fatal Error] [plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php] Authentication failed: "Connection to Nadeo failed" for url [http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2/Auth?slg=bcs_rpg&scc=178000&snt=GBR&snm=RnJlZVpvbmUgJHokcyRvJDNjZkJDUyR6ICRzJG8kdyQ2NjZGdWxsJGM5MFNwZWVE] on line 503 in file D:\games\Trackmania\FullSpeeD\xaseco\plugins\plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php

Is there anything wrong @ tm-karma.. as totally nothing has changed on my server :) cheers
Last edited by Xymph on 28 Apr 2011 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Use code tags to post code/configs/logs...

Rayes
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMN TMF TMU

Post by Rayes » 28 Apr 2011 17:09

Hmm after starting several times it worked again... Any idea what might have caused the problem?

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by undef.de » 28 Apr 2011 20:03

Rayes wrote:Just since now im getting the following error:

[04/28,19:03:01] Trying to authenticate with central database http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2 ...
[XASECO Fatal Error] [plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php] Authentication failed: "Connection to Nadeo failed" for url [http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2/Auth?slg=bcs_rpg&scc=178000&snt=GBR&snm=RnJlZVpvbmUgJHokcyRvJDNjZkJDUyR6ICRzJG8kdyQ2NjZGdWxsJGM5MFNwZWVE] on line 503 in file D:\games\Trackmania\FullSpeeD\xaseco\plugins\plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php

Is there anything wrong @ tm-karma.. as totally nothing has changed on my server :) cheers
Sometimes the tm-karma.com API can not connect to the Server from Nadeo, as you can see at the error message. Nothing is perfect. :P

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

movielord
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMS-TMN-TMNF-TMUF

Post by movielord » 23 May 2011 05:11

undef.de wrote:
Rayes wrote:Just since now im getting the following error:

Sometimes the tm-karma.com API can not connect to the Server from Nadeo, as you can see at the error message. Nothing is perfect. :P
Does this happen often, and does it last long? Both my servers are affected right now and it's been a few hours already. xaseco is set to restart but just looping for now...

###############################################
[05/23,09:11:13] **********************(tm-karma.com)**********************
[05/23,09:11:13] plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php/1.0.1 for xaseco
[05/23,09:11:13] Set Server location to >Canada<
[05/23,09:11:13] Trying to authenticate with central database http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2 ...
[XASECO Fatal Error] [plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php] Authentication failed: "Connection to Nadeo failed" for url [http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2/Auth?slg=qsr-rally&scc=4966&snt=CAN&snm=JDAwMO+4uyQwMEZRJEZGRnMkMDBG0K8kMDAwJEnvuLwkcyRpICQwOTBTVEEkNkMwRCQ2RjNJVSQzOTBN] on line 503 in file /home/smokm/serveur_2/xaseco/plugins/plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php
# initialize XASECO ###########################################################
and the other server:

###############################################
[05/23,09:13:30] **********************(tm-karma.com)**********************
[05/23,09:13:30] plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php/1.0.1 for xaseco
[05/23,09:13:30] Set Server location to >Canada<
[05/23,09:13:30] Trying to authenticate with central database http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2 ...
[XASECO Fatal Error] [plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php] Authentication failed: "Connection to Nadeo failed" for url [http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2/Auth?slg=qsr-united&scc=591647&snt=CAN&snm=JDAwMO+4uyQwMEZRJEZGRnMkMDBG0K8kMDAw77i8JHMkaSRGMDBDJEYzME9BJEY4MFMkRkEwVEFMJEZGMElDSSQzYzNPJDM2Q1VT] on line 503 in file /home/smokm/serveur/xaseco/plugins/plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php
Kinda annoying really, it happened once before but never lasted this long :(

Leigham
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM²
Manialink(s): None

Post by Leigham » 23 May 2011 14:20

I had the same thing happen last night on my servers, had to disable the plugin to get Xaseco to work. I'd imagine that there was a problem with the database or some such thing. All seems to be working again now though.
"Never surrender, sometimes retreat"

Scottish Flat Trax servers

movielord
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMS-TMN-TMNF-TMUF

Post by movielord » 23 May 2011 15:31

Yup same here, but, woke up this morning and all was back to normal

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by undef.de » 23 May 2011 17:02

movielord wrote: Does this happen often, and does it last long? Both my servers are affected right now and it's been a few hours already. xaseco is set to restart but just looping for now...

[code]###############################################
[05/23,09:13:30] **********************(tm-karma.com)**********************
[05/23,09:13:30] plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php/1.0.1 for xaseco
[05/23,09:13:30] Set Server location to >Canada<
[05/23,09:13:30] Trying to authenticate with central database http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2 ...
[XASECO Fatal Error] [plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php] Authentication failed: "Connection to Nadeo failed" for url [http://worldwide.tm-karma.com/API-v2/Auth?slg=qsr-united&scc=xxx&snt=CAN&snm=JDAwMO+4uyQwMEZRJEZGRnMkMDBG0K8kMDAw77i8JHMkaSRGMDBDJEYzME9BJEY4MFMkRkEwVEFMJEZGMElDSSQzYzNPJDM2Q1VT] on line 503 in file /home/smokm/serveur/xaseco/plugins/plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php
Kinda annoying really, it happened once before but never lasted this long :(
I have an idea to reduce the authentication at Nadeo to a minimum (once upon new install of the Plugin). The next API update fix this.

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

soehest
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by soehest » 26 May 2011 07:36

As a returning user i feel the urge to comment on this plugin. The work and code is nearly perfect and it does integrate very well into records eyepiece. Nice work :-) As a old trackmania user i have seen various attempts to create some way of seeing how the users liked a track. I would never have imagined the idea of creating a global system for karma. There are several reasons i think the current implementation is not working.

1 Local karma is not shown but saved. Why would i be interested in how user xxx votes the track on server yyy. This does imo create a very biased view of the track. Imagine that user xxx in creates a new track and put it on the clan server (which for this example is very populated) All 40 users on the server love user xxx (they are all very skilled drivers as well :D) and votes +++. By chance the track gets added on my server. My server is populated only by beginners which have just started driving and they really do not like that track, but it will take +40 bad votes to make the track just karma neutral. As a server owner this does make me think as i see the global votes that the track is good which is only true on the clan server. I know this is a long example, hope it makes sense ;-)

2 Six rating alternatives? Who came up with that? :D A plugin needs functionality not options that confuses people using it. I do see the idea behind creating a tons of rating alternatives but it does make the output from the plugin really confusing. I do not feel like having to pull out my calculator to see the karma ;-) A track should be either true, false or undecided.

The issues outlined is of course only my personal opinion. I have not seen many users complaining on the forums about this plugin so perhaps it is just me getting old. But i think the plugin would be much better if it was possible to show the local karma instead of global. The plugin would remember votes on all voted tracks on every server running the plugin which would be cool, even when only showing local karma.

Regards

undef.de
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by undef.de » 26 May 2011 07:55

soehest wrote:1 Local karma is not shown but saved. Why would i be interested in how user xxx votes the track on server yyy. This does imo create a very biased view of the track. Imagine that user xxx in creates a new track and put it on the clan server (which for this example is very populated) All 40 users on the server love user xxx (they are all very skilled drivers as well :D) and votes +++. By chance the track gets added on my server. My server is populated only by beginners which have just started driving and they really do not like that track, but it will take +40 bad votes to make the track just karma neutral. As a server owner this does make me think as i see the global votes that the track is good which is only true on the clan server. I know this is a long example, hope it makes sense ;-)
As i wrote at the other post, you should take a look at my testing server. There are currently the possiblity to see the local votes.
soehest wrote: 2 Six rating alternatives? Who came up with that? :D A plugin needs functionality not options that confuses people using it. I do see the idea behind creating a tons of rating alternatives but it does make the output from the plugin really confusing. I do not feel like having to pull out my calculator to see the karma ;-) A track should be either true, false or undecided.
Yes, your getting old... (sorry, but i´m old enough to know that :mrgreen: )... In the beginning of this Plugin, there was only true, false or undecided and many peoples asked me that it would be nice that more then this is possible. The result you can see now. :roflol:
soehest wrote: But i think the plugin would be much better if it was possible to show the local karma instead of global. The plugin would remember votes on all voted tracks on every server running the plugin which would be cool, even when only showing local karma.
Take a look at my testing server and let me know if this is a good way or which i can make better...

Get it now:
» TM2 Valley
» TM2 Canyon
» TM2 Stadium
» SM Storm

SPR1NTER
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by SPR1NTER » 27 May 2011 18:32

Two servers I have were not able to load just now due to the following.

[XASECO Fatal Error] [plugin.tm-karma-dot-com.php] Authentication failed: "Connection to Nadeo failed"
I commented out the code that handles error code 305 so that the server can at least continue loading up.

I'm not sure if it's your issue or Nadeo's, but would be nice if you could look into it.

Kind Regards.

djarrett
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Post by djarrett » 27 May 2011 21:07

My server too SPR1NTER
Same error ???

TheBigG
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN! TMF

Post by TheBigG » 27 May 2011 21:25

I have same error so i think it is nadeo prob