XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.10

Discuss everything about Xymph's Aseco flavoured server control scripts for TM Forever / classic TMN and for TM² Canyon.

Moderators: Xymph, TM-Patrol

weta
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMF

Re: XASECO (TMN/TMF) v1.10

Post by weta » 07 Oct 2009 23:13

* note that digitally distributed editions of TMF are not easily upgraded with the manual patches -- e.g. the Steam edition is currently at 2.11.16 -- so be careful about setting the versions too high
According to Steam my TMF version is 2.11.11 and it's up to date, I know of many other people in a similar position and we're all getting kicked because of this.

scg-flighthigh
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TM2

Post by scg-flighthigh » 08 Oct 2009 06:06

I ask my Friend "Google" about this with Searchwords about "TMUF Steam Update" and he told me that he have some Information for me. :lol:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/a ... 91301.html

weta
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMF

Post by weta » 08 Oct 2009 10:20

note that digitally distributed editions of TMF are not easily upgraded with the manual patches -- e.g. the Steam edition is currently at 2.11.16 -- so be careful about setting the versions too high
I've already tried installing the patch, Steam won't accept it.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMUF,TMNF, TMN
Manialink(s): therookies

Post by nouseforname » 08 Oct 2009 20:47

the new beta for client seems to be recognized as 2.11.11 in actual xaseco. i just installed the client beta and now i can't connect to server/xaseco anymore.
[10/08,22:43:03] Obsolete admin client version 2.11.11 for nouseforname -- notified & kicked
not sure whats the problem exactly, but with xaseco1.09 i can connect with same dedi version.
guess one of these:
1. beta client transmit wrong version
2. your check don't work for that version yet

ps didn't try the server beta.
Owner of the Rookie servers and some more. :)
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 08 Oct 2009 22:09

nouseforname wrote:the new beta for client seems to be recognized as 2.11.11 in actual xaseco. i just installed the client beta and now i can't connect to server/xaseco anymore.
Right, the ClientVersion string of the player is empty when connecting with a beta client to the previous server, and that equates to the original v2.11.11 client.

Connecting with the previous client to the beta server works fine, as does the beta client to the beta server. This is a bug in the new client.
nouseforname wrote:not sure whats the problem exactly, but with xaseco1.09 i can connect with same dedi version.
guess one of these:
1. beta client transmit wrong version
2. your check don't work for that version yet
You'll have to drop <player_client_version> to 2.11.11 (ie. empty) in your XAseco or revert to the previous client.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by nouseforname » 08 Oct 2009 22:35

Xymph wrote: You'll have to drop <player_client_version> to 2.11.11 (ie. empty) in your XAseco or revert to the previous client.
thanks for the info, i already changed back, as it was just a short test for me. and i just wanted to give you the information.
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Moriddin
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF

Post by Moriddin » 09 Oct 2009 07:49

Nice release,

Since we don't have problems with cheaters (mostly train/match servers) I only would like the client check for admins.

However I think a kick is very harsh (on our case) and would rather see that an admin that entered with an old client just don't have admin rights (just like when he connects from a different IP address). Why he has no admin rights while being admin could then be mentioned in a chat message with the download link to the new client.

Maybe the action that has to be taken on an invalid client version could be configurable.

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 09 Oct 2009 08:18

Moriddin wrote:However I think a kick is very harsh (on our case) and would rather see that an admin that entered with an old client just don't have admin rights
I considered that approach, but the admin checking code currently only looks at the login to determine a login's status. Keeping the client version with the player object and checking it every time when the player tries an admin command would add extra overhead. And some checks pass only the login to the admin checking functions and not the player object, so that client version wouldn't even be available to test, resulting in even more hassle.

That's why I dismissed this approach and went for the kick, as that keeps all the client version checking stuff in one place too. After all, it takes only a simple one-time upgrade by the admin to solve this situation. Overall, it's cleaner this way.
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 09 Oct 2009 18:41

Xymph wrote:
nouseforname wrote:the new beta for client seems to be recognized as 2.11.11 in actual xaseco. i just installed the client beta and now i can't connect to server/xaseco anymore.
Right, the ClientVersion string of the player is empty when connecting with a beta client to the previous server, and that equates to the original v2.11.11 client.

Connecting with the previous client to the beta server works fine, as does the beta client to the beta server. This is a bug in the new client.
It has been quickly addressed in the 2009-10-09 beta build.

nouseforname
swift roadking
swift roadking

Post by nouseforname » 09 Oct 2009 18:44

already installed client and dedi at one testserver, and now it works.
Rookies HP
My Project
Rookies Manialinkcolor>

Visor
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by Visor » 15 Oct 2009 21:06

[XAseco] Connection established successfully !
[Local DB] Load settings file [localdatabase.xml]
[Local DB] Try to connect to MySQL server on '' with database ''
[PHP Warning] mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using
password: NO) on line 74 in file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Skriveb
ord\xaseco\plugins\plugin.localdatabase.php
[XASECO Fatal Error] [Local DB] Could not authenticate at MySQL server! on line
75 in file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Skrivebord\xaseco\plugins\plu
gin.localdatabase.php
Tryk på en vilkårlig tast for at fortsætte . . .

I'm getting this error, no matter what i've done now. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Clinton
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMO

Post by Clinton » 15 Oct 2009 21:23

You're connecting to your mysql database with the wrong user/password.

http://allgamer.net cheapest Trackmania server hosting with the best support. We also do VPS hosting, Dedicated Servers, and Web Hosting! Request a free 3 day trial for a VPS

clinton@teameo.net for more information.

Milenco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by Milenco » 16 Oct 2009 08:26

I found a 'bug' in the latest XAseco version, although it made have been there for some time longer.

When changing the gamemode (for example from Time Attack to Rounds), you should queue the challenge for replay and skip if you want to replay the track. However, if (after changing gamemode) you restart the challenge, player will be blacklisted the next round when passing the first checkpoint, because of invalid sanity checks:

[09/30,17:22:17] player milenco used chat command "/admin setgamemode ta"
[09/30,17:22:17] MasterAdmin [milenco] set new game mode [TA]
[09/30,17:22:24] player milenco clicked command "/admin restartmap"
[09/30,17:22:24] MasterAdmin [milenco] restarts challenge!
End Round
Restart Challenge
Begin Round
[09/30,17:23:35] Cheater [milenco : ÐRS Milenco] blacklisted!

Of course, when changing gamemode you shouldn't restart, but being blacklisted is pretty annoying. ;)

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Xymph » 16 Oct 2009 10:01

Milenco wrote:When changing the gamemode (for example from Time Attack to Rounds), you should queue the challenge for replay and skip if you want to replay the track. However, if (after changing gamemode) you restart the challenge, player will be blacklisted the next round when passing the first checkpoint, because of invalid sanity checks:
I don't think this is related to the game mode change. This restart bug should be fixed in v1.10:
* restarting XAseco triggers required checkpoints warnings for the ongoing race – fixed, the warnings now get enabled after the end (or a restart) of the current track
Are you sure you updated plugin.checkpoints.php to the latest version?
Milenco wrote:Of course, when changing gamemode you shouldn't restart, but being blacklisted is pretty annoying.
Well, then change <cheater_action> so you just get kicked. :wink:

Milenco
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF

Post by Milenco » 16 Oct 2009 11:46

I just did some more testing and is was hard for me to replicate this error. However I was able to reproduce this error:

-Start (a server running a track with gamemode team)
-admin setgamemode ta
-admin restart
-Driving first run no problem (well, I gave up after the first checkpoint to start my second run)
-Driving 2nd run: When passing the first checkpoint, cheaterscript kicks in.

So it only happens the second time the first checkpoint is passed, the cheaterscript kicks in. I'm positive I'm upgraded to v1.10 correctly. I've used a diff-like tool to compare my version of plugin.checkpoints.php to the xaseco .zip one, and they are identical.
Milenco wrote:Of course, when changing gamemode you shouldn't restart, but being blacklisted is pretty annoying.
Well, then change <cheater_action> so you just get kicked. :wink:
Lol, that might indeed be easier while testing :lol: