Fix (optional patch)

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

R-TEAM
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: FIX[new2]

Post by R-TEAM » 29 Jul 2008 10:04

HI,
borisM wrote:when i want to install fix always told me that tm was not found on pc
If you have TMU then it wont work !
The updates for TMUF ! [and TMNF ]

If you have bought over steam then you musst wait for an official update OVER steam.

Else try the suggested ReInstall.

R-TEAM

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 30 Jul 2008 16:11

The fix has been updated once more:

You can download it here
Nations: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmN ... _Setup.exe
United: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmU ... _Setup.exe

(as usual, it's cumulative, you don't need to download previous fixes.)

It's here to fix issues in the previous fix:
  • The scores sorting was broken, most notably in laps mode.
  • in laps mode: the score of a disconnected player isn't reset any more.
As usual to get the laps mode really fixed, it is supposed to be used together with the latest dedicated server.

let's hope this time no more major issues appear...
xavier.

borisM
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: tmu

Post by borisM » 31 Jul 2008 07:24

no i have installed TMUF and TMNF on computer ..

xis101
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Manialink(s): gn

Post by xis101 » 31 Jul 2008 07:38

borisM wrote:no i have installed TMUF and TMNF on computer ..
did you install TM on C:\ ? I heard of the same problem when TM is not installed on the windows partition.

Mystery Man
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Mystery Man » 31 Jul 2008 08:55

It worked here and tmuf is not on windows partition

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 31 Jul 2008 21:01

Here's a crash I've been having a few times lately. I don't think it happened before the first fix but I don't know when it started either.
When starting TMUF, at the "choose a profile" menu, I click a profile (there are 2) and the PC becomes almost completely unresponsive (probably 100% CPU, and hard disk thrashing). The game freezes, but i can still move the cursor. It takes about 5-10 minutes to alt-tab out of the game (things go really slowly) and when it finally minimizes, it crashes.
Here's the log: http://pastebin.com/m6d15fb09

It happens randomly and has only happened some 4-5 times in a few weeks or so, and I don't know what triggers it.

edit: It just happened again, right after I posted this. Both times it happened I alt-tabbed out immediately after starting the game, but I still can't reproduce it now.

Sonny
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by Sonny » 31 Jul 2008 22:58

don't know if i'm in the right topic here, but i have had tmnf becoming ingame fully uncontrolable after i pressed enter too often for changing my status from spec to driver in a server.

I no longer can escape, chat or do anything and i have to press ctrl-alt-del to get out of it.

Don't know of this got anything to do with the update but since the update this problems occure. Its quite frustrating because getting into high ranked servers is not easy, so i used to press enter continously :D

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 01 Aug 2008 08:20

This may sound strange. When i tried to connect to a serveraccount; ex. login:testserver
pw: testserver through the multiple profile it gave me a error of bad packmask. Don't know if people had this kind of error. Did the search button but only found dedicated server errors.

if more people could test it it would be nice because people would want to create with the server a new login to play?? or isnt this possible

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 01 Aug 2008 08:51

w1lla wrote:This may sound strange. When i tried to connect to a serveraccount; ex. login:testserver
pw: testserver through the multiple profile it gave me a error of bad packmask. Don't know if people had this kind of error. Did the search button but only found dedicated server errors.

if more people could test it it would be nice because people would want to create with the server a new login to play?? or isnt this possible
that's excepted: the accounts created for the dedicated server don't work in the game.

Domi
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Post by Domi » 01 Aug 2008 13:38

Sonny wrote:don't know if i'm in the right topic here, but i have had tmnf becoming ingame fully uncontrolable after i pressed enter too often for changing my status from spec to driver in a server.

I no longer can escape, chat or do anything and i have to press ctrl-alt-del to get out of it.

Don't know of this got anything to do with the update but since the update this problems occure. Its quite frustrating because getting into high ranked servers is not easy, so i used to press enter continously :D
same problem here, happens sometimes when i press enter often

Smurfos
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Smurfos » 01 Aug 2008 17:31

hello,

the spectator mode still isn't fixed. if i spectate a driver i always see the replay cam. when i press 1, 2 or 3 i change the driver and not the spectator mode.

it worked perfectly in tmn ;)

please fix this as soon as possible

kind regards

ps: i use tmuf

Domi
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Post by Domi » 01 Aug 2008 17:34

Smurfos wrote:hello,

the spectator mode still isn't fixed. if i spectate a driver i always see the replay cam. when i press 1, 2 or 3 i change the driver and not the spectator mode.

kind regards

you change mode by clicking on that button where says replay , everything works fine :thumbsup:

Smurfos
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Smurfos » 01 Aug 2008 17:49

Domi wrote:
Smurfos wrote:hello,

kind regards

you change mode by clicking on that button where says replay , everything works fine :thumbsup:
well, i'm not stupid ;)

and i'm not the only one with that problem.

srdjan183
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN

Post by srdjan183 » 01 Aug 2008 23:19

tnx for the fix but they didn't resolve my problem, i still getting random crashes.

Don't know if this is allowed (to put links here) but i did explain on viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16676

any suggestions are welcome. :1

Mystery Man
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Mystery Man » 01 Aug 2008 23:40

Domi wrote:
Smurfos wrote:well, i'm not stupid ;)

and i'm not the only one with that problem.

Well guess what? Im not one of the people with the problem. I don't know what your doing wrong because it seems to work fine here and ive updated it. I click on replay button and it works here in spec mode.