Fix (optional patch)

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: FIX

Post by Xymph » 19 Jul 2008 12:18

Zooz wrote:That's normally the number of skillpoints you got when you drove an official run on a track. I guess you don't do that a lot
Never actually. So I have no idea why I suddenly have some SP on IslandB4, of all tracks. Might still be a bug then, but nevermind. :wink:
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

borisM
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator
Owned TM-games: tmu

Post by borisM » 19 Jul 2008 14:52

i have problem when i want to install this fix. I just got message TMNations (united) forever was not found on this computer XD :ftw:

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 19 Jul 2008 20:28

I found a bug: you get less time in time attack

Without the fix, before a time attack it counts down and at [time limit] it starts.
With the fix, before a time attack it counts down from [time limit] to [time limit - 3 seconds], so you start 3 seconds later than those without the fix. This happens with both the TMU and TMN one.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 20 Jul 2008 07:04

Zooz wrote:I found a bug: you get less time in time attack

Without the fix, before a time attack it counts down and at [time limit] it starts.
With the fix, before a time attack it counts down from [time limit] to [time limit - 3 seconds], so you start 3 seconds later than those without the fix. This happens with both the TMU and TMN one.
+1 have the same issue not that it bothered me but i thought it was strange

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

McBain
cyclist
cyclist

Post by McBain » 21 Jul 2008 15:10

There is also something else which i wished to be fixed.

If i want to play Trackmania Forever i always have to plug out and plug in keyboard and mouse if i want to play without harsh problems and strange lags (i am using a Logitech G15). I have seen that i already had a similar problem in TMN since i wasnt able there to switch windows without getting invalid times. But when i plug out and plug in i can switch between different windows and i dont get invalid times. This problem seems to appear for different people. I also already opened several threads about that subject but never got any respond and its quite embarassing to do this allways.

Other people sometimes report the same problem but they dont have a Logitech G15 they have a Notebook or they have problems with catalyst drivers. But all cant chat in TMF before they dont do some trick like me. Maybe its also related to the Saitek keyboard problems i found in this forum but their solutions dont work for me.

It would be very cool if this problem could be solved in the next patch because there are a lot of people that cant play the game because they dont have such a trick like plug in and plug out because they dont have a G15 and some other device makes their problems. Anyway there are also people with G15 that dont have problems at all. But i use newest drivers so its also not that.

Its the game that bugs in connection to some hardware. I dont even know what changes if i plug in and plug out keyboard and moues at the USB port???. I dont see anything in the taskmanager i dont see anywhere anything else changing by this action but ingame i see that the game then works without any problems.
Problems to chat in TMNF/TMUF? This is YOUR thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14172

Aseco/Rasp 2: ->ok
Xaseco: ->very nice
Mistralaseco: ->very nice too
T.R.U.C.K.: ->nice
FAST: ->nice
RCP4: ->fast and simple

Fatality DeVil
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Fatality DeVil » 21 Jul 2008 23:36

Erm... i got some shadow problems on rendering. Weird shadow stripes occour under the car just on daytime and fps was really low. No problem during night.

But now with those 2 fixs all went good ^^ seems no problem at all! Yes, cool... so why i post here?? Well i spent nearly 2 hours in the forum checking for someone got my problem and find a solution.

Why you dont allow the game to announce even optional updates? Even on this thread i found the 2nd just for luck in the middle of the posts...
Can you set the game to tell us when another optional update comes live? Someting like:

"OMG OMG OMG!! Seems we released a tiny and small optional update you can download in our beautiful website. But only if you really need it!"
ImageImageImage

acetken
highway camper
highway camper

Post by acetken » 22 Jul 2008 06:34

And will THIS one actually be given to those of us on Steam or are we shafted just like on the last patch?
-end transmission-

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 22 Jul 2008 08:28

acetken wrote:And will THIS one actually be given to those of us on Steam or are we shafted just like on the last patch?
xbx wrote:...If all goes well, we'll put it on steam soon. (sorry for the delay...)...
inactive, sorry

R-TEAM
highway camper
highway camper

Re: FIX[new]

Post by R-TEAM » 22 Jul 2008 16:05

Hi,

:sad: ... have the same problem as Mikey..

If i start the Game [launcher or the exe self] it comes an error :

The procedure entry point GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

so i cant play ATM more :(

Hope for an fix soon ...

R-TEAM

MicroUzi
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by MicroUzi » 22 Jul 2008 23:06

yeah, turkish language pack is added too,
thx nadeo, thx yavuz, thx trackmania.gen.tr family :gobananas: :gobananas:
ImageMİ©RصZİImage

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 24 Jul 2008 18:07

The fix has been updated once more:

You can download it here
Nations: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmN ... _Setup.exe
United: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmU ... _Setup.exe

It's mostly here to fix issues in the previous fix:
* now works with windows 2000 .
* the delay on the start line in time attack.
* a few more crash fixed.

xavier.

Insomnia
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): ET

Post by Insomnia » 24 Jul 2008 18:30

Does it fix the "I cannot switch from spectator to player mode" bug that appeared with Fix #2? ;)
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 @4x2670MHz, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Radeon HD4870 X2 with 2x1024 MB, 4096 MB DDR2 RAM, Windows 7 x64 Professional, ADSL 16384/1024, ATI Catalyst 9.8

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 24 Jul 2008 18:33

Insomnia wrote:Does it fix the "I cannot switch from spectator to player mode" bug that appeared with Fix #2? ;)
hummm.
I didn't know of this one.
can you be more specific?

Insomnia
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS, TMO
Manialink(s): ET

Post by Insomnia » 24 Jul 2008 18:42

Last days I opened a server (ingame with Fix#2, don't know if it also happens with dedicated). Players joined and played. After a while a few switched to spectator mode to spectate one player. But when they tried to switch back to player mode, there has been an error message ("change impossible, you're not allowed to switch to player mode" or similar). Though the server was opened for 20 players + 20 spectators, and we were just 3 people and they could play well before. So they needed to reconnect to the server to play. It also happened to me as host, when I went to spectator mode, I could not get back. It was fully reproducable with Fix#2, haven't tried with #3 yet.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9450 @4x2670MHz, ASUS P5W DH Deluxe, Radeon HD4870 X2 with 2x1024 MB, 4096 MB DDR2 RAM, Windows 7 x64 Professional, ADSL 16384/1024, ATI Catalyst 9.8

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 24 Jul 2008 19:22

Insomnia wrote:Last days I opened a server (ingame with Fix#2, don't know if it also happens with dedicated). Players joined and played. After a while a few switched to spectator mode to spectate one player. But when they tried to switch back to player mode, there has been an error message ("change impossible, you're not allowed to switch to player mode" or similar). Though the server was opened for 20 players + 20 spectators, and we were just 3 people and they could play well before. So they needed to reconnect to the server to play. It also happened to me as host, when I went to spectator mode, I could not get back. It was fully reproducable with Fix#2, haven't tried with #3 yet.
aaargh!

so yes, any one playing on a server running in the game with the fix will be trapped in spectator mode forever...
(it doesn't affect the dedicated server.)

So I'll guess I'll have to do one more update.