convert TMN tracks to the better looking TMNF stadium?

Any problem ? Don't panic! We have the solution !

Moderator: TM-Patrol

jaspervd
highway camper
highway camper

convert TMN tracks to the better looking TMNF stadium?

Post by jaspervd » 29 Apr 2008 10:02

Is it possible to change the old tracks from TMN to the TMNF stadium, I want to change some old tracks to nighttime. And most blocks just look better in TMNF anyway :)

I know I can still play TMN tracks, but I want them to look as good as new TMNF tracks.

Anyway to do this?

I tried to use a hex-editor to change the mood of the old tracks from day to night, but then the tracks become unplayable.

Steve_59
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Re: convert TMN tracks to the better looking TMNF stadium?

Post by Steve_59 » 29 Apr 2008 12:21

Try opening the map in the editor and then pressing Control (Ctrl). That should enable the mood dialog.
The gbx files are compressed, attacking them with a hex editor is very hit and miss :)
Wham! BAM! Thank you ma'am!

jaspervd
highway camper
highway camper

Post by jaspervd » 29 Apr 2008 14:17

thanks for your reply, I tried it but it didnt work. (nothing happened when I pressed ctrl)

I took a look in my settings+manual, but couldn't find a setting to open that dialog to change the mood.

iNDEX
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: O,SX,2xUF,²C,²V
Manialink(s): ddstylemods

Post by iNDEX » 29 Apr 2008 15:29

jaspervd wrote:thanks for your reply, I tried it but it didnt work. (nothing happened when I pressed ctrl)

I took a look in my settings+manual, but couldn't find a setting to open that dialog to change the mood.
Steve_59 wrote:Try opening the map in the editor and then pressing Control (Ctrl). That should enable the mood dialog.
The gbx files are compressed, attacking them with a hex editor is very hit and miss :)
Hi,

you have to start the editor, browse for and select your specific track, keep pressing "ctrl" and then click "edit". now you should´ve been able to choose the mood you want the track to have. Just in case the track author did set a password for the track, you have to enter the correct password.

I just did these few steps, to load and change the mood of an ESWC-Track with TM Nations Forever.

Have fun!
(english is not my native language)
iNDEX'''
Are you looking for coppers? I´ll trade my coppers for your planets.