Jukebox vote?

This is the place where you can find everything related to the dedicated server, control scripts and community tools.

Moderators: Pit Crew, TM-Patrol

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TM2C, TM2S

Jukebox vote?

Post by Lovemaster » 31 Mar 2008 16:56

Am running TmDedicatedServer aseco/rasp v0.7 for tmn. Is there a way to turn jukebox adding into votes? Am having problems with ppl abusing the jukebox and it becomes a nuisance. Would prefer when someone adds a track to the jukebox, a vote would be called to approve it.

Assembler Maniac
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: Jukebox vote?

Post by Assembler Maniac » 31 Mar 2008 18:44

Interesting idea, but no, it's not currently a feature.

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Lovemaster » 01 Apr 2008 05:17

Anybody wanna have crack at modding rasp_jukebox.php? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser
Owned TM-games: all

Post by nocturne » 01 Apr 2008 12:54

Actually, I just made one for Let'sRock (usa) a few weeks ago... I'll have to clean it back up a bit, because I took out the /add function and need to add checks to the votejuke command just in case you use the chatvotes.

In the meantime you can check it out on Let'sRock. The default /jukebox commands pops up a message about jukebox usage, /votejuke ## (or /jukevote) starts a chat based vote for the track, and /juke (or /jb) is left as the 'standard' jukebox but limited to admins and mods (and also used for community-member daily juke credits on Let'sRock -- once I finish it at least). There's also an 'anti-spam' loop so the same vote (or voter) can't be run on subsequent rounds if the vote originally didn't pass (to prevent abuse, since only one player can run one vote per round).

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Lovemaster » 01 Apr 2008 13:36

That sounds EXACTLY like what I'm looking for!! Well done!!

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 01 Apr 2008 14:48

Have you edited any of your plugins already? If not, I can just package it with the necessarily altered admin plugin (cancel command) and chat vote plugin (just a check to make sure two votes are not run); or if you understand what to edit I can just post the edits.

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Lovemaster » 01 Apr 2008 19:20

Im running a modified chat.admin.php and also modified rasp_jukebox.php to allow restarts of maps (/admin ladder) which makes a jukebox entry and immediately restarts maps. This is useful for us because it allows music to play on restarts (we run a lot of tracks with music on them). I'd prefer just having the entire modded plugins if possible. I'm somewhat amateurish at modding php, but would just like to try your setup, and go from there. Thx Nocturne. And o btw, I'm from the U.S. as well, but my server's hosted in GBR and called Loveshack

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 11 Apr 2008 07:44

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner... Been busy, and honestly forgot...

Attached is the modified jukebox plugin. First of all, config options are at the top (optional local ranklimit for jukevote; and ratio variable for jukevote). Using /jukebox pops up a message to the player about jukebox usage on the server (plus a notify of change to admins/ops). Use of /juke and /jb is limited to admins/ops (if a player uses it and an admin/op is online, it notifies them of the wanted juke). /jukevote ## of course starts a vote to juke a track, also with a switch to keep the same player or track from 'spamming' the vote (resets after three rounds, or next vote).

It should be compatible with the tmxadd votes, and also with the chatvotes and the admin pass/cancel commands provided you use the included versions of the plugins (built from basic .95 plugins).

Edit: Attaching files doesn't seem to work...

Here's a download link.

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Lovemaster » 11 Apr 2008 19:41

Ty, Nocturne... well-done. Gonna give it a whirl. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lovemaster
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by Lovemaster » 11 Apr 2008 20:25

Ahhh... poo... I'll need to update my archeic version of RASP, lol. Guess that'll give me somethin to do this weekend. I'm still running v0.7.

nocturne
solid chaser
solid chaser

Post by nocturne » 13 Apr 2008 18:43

Well, I can't be sure, but my plugin might be .7 compatible. The only differences I believe are in the handling of tmx tracks, and some event functions used for stuff like the 'previous' command. Also, you'd have to take out any of the references to 'Operators', as that's a rasp .8 feature.

Jelle Mees
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Jelle Mees » 18 May 2008 00:28

nocturne wrote:Sorry about not getting back to you sooner... Been busy, and honestly forgot...

Attached is the modified jukebox plugin. First of all, config options are at the top (optional local ranklimit for jukevote; and ratio variable for jukevote). Using /jukebox pops up a message to the player about jukebox usage on the server (plus a notify of change to admins/ops). Use of /juke and /jb is limited to admins/ops (if a player uses it and an admin/op is online, it notifies them of the wanted juke). /jukevote ## of course starts a vote to juke a track, also with a switch to keep the same player or track from 'spamming' the vote (resets after three rounds, or next vote).

It should be compatible with the tmxadd votes, and also with the chatvotes and the admin pass/cancel commands provided you use the included versions of the plugins (built from basic .95 plugins).

Edit: Attaching files doesn't seem to work...

Here's a download link.
I uploaded your files and then I get this:

Code: Select all

###############################################################################
#
# Aseco v2.1.4 running on 127.0.0.1:5000
#
# Authors: Florian Schnell and Brad Mettee (RASP)
#
[Load Plugin] [plugin.localdb.php] [Name:LocalDb] [Ver:1.1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.tmxlinker.php] [Name:TmxLinker] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.about.php] [Name:About] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.statusbar.php] [Name:Statusbar] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.stats.php] [Name:Stats] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.records.php] [Name:Records] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.vote.php] [Name:Vote] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.score.php] [Name:Score] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.example.php] [Name:Example] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.help.php] [Name:Help] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.emotics.php] [Name:Emotics] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.admin.php] [Name:Admin] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.plugins.php] [Name:Plugins] [Ver:1]
[Load Plugin] [plugin.fufi.widgets.php] [Name:FufiWidgets] [Ver:0.51]
[Load Plugin] [rasp/plugin.rasp.php] [Name:Rasp] [Ver:2.3]
[PHP Warning] require_once(includes/rasp.funcs.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 15 in file /home/jellemees/server132/aseco/plugins/rasp/plugin.rasp_jukebox.php
I don't have "rasp.funcs.php" on my server, and I can't find anything about it on google.

I viewed chat.admin.php and I saw this:

* Dependencies: requires plugin.uptodate.php; used by plugin.matchsave.php
So I need:
- includes/rasp.funcs.php
- plugins/uptodate.php
- plugin/matchsave.php

I wish there was a decent list of all plugins somewhere, because searching for plugins is pure hell at the moment...
ImageImage

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 18 May 2008 10:08

Jelle Mees wrote:
nocturne wrote:Here's a download link.
These are for XAseco v0.8x/0.9x.
Jelle Mees wrote:I uploaded your files and then I get this:

#
# Aseco v2.1.4 running on 127.0.0.1:5000
There's your problem, you're mixing apples and oranges. :wink:
Jelle Mees wrote:I don't have "rasp.funcs.php" on my server, and I can't find anything about it on google.
It's a standard include in ASECO/RASP v0.7 which evolved into the aforementioned XAseco series.
Jelle Mees wrote:I viewed chat.admin.php and I saw this:

* Dependencies: requires plugin.uptodate.php; used by plugin.matchsave.php
So I need:
- includes/rasp.funcs.php
- plugins/uptodate.php
- plugin/matchsave.php

I wish there was a decent list of all plugins somewhere, because searching for plugins is pure hell at the moment...
No, you just need to stick to one system, either Aseco/Rasp 2 or XAseco. Lovemaster wanted something for the latter which nocturne built, but you can't use them in your A/R2 setup.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Jelle Mees
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Jelle Mees » 18 May 2008 11:17

Oh, I am using Aseco/Rasp 2, does a simular plugin exist for that?

I know that the regular Jukebox will be abused, voting is the only fair thing, I was actually suprised when I saw the jukebox doesn't start vote by default.
ImageImage

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 18 May 2008 11:47

Jelle Mees wrote:Oh, I am using Aseco/Rasp 2, does a simular plugin exist for that?

I know that the regular Jukebox will be abused, voting is the only fair thing, I was actually suprised when I saw the jukebox doesn't start vote by default.
No, only /add (getting tracks from TMX) is regulated by votes. Jukeboxing tracks doesn't have to go via votes as one player can jukebox only one track at a time, and by increasing the track history in rasp.settings.php (XAseco) or jukebox.xml (A/R2) you can also prevent the same tracks being jukeboxed over and over again in a short timespan.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub