TMNF on WCG 2009 offically announced!

Come in to speak about the competitions different organised by Nadeo and the community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Bramble
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMU

Re: TMNF on WCG 2009 offically announced!

Post by Bramble » 14 Apr 2009 22:45

TM United wouldn't give close races, thats the problem. There is a big difference in quality of players and each player is good at different environments. So maybe we'd have close matches overall, but the individual races wouldn't be as exciting.

Plus there are a lot less players too.

I don't think its realistic to think that TMUF will ever be played at a big lan or anything when TMNF is such a more attractive option in their eyes.

Nevermind, we'll keep playing for fun :pil

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 14 Apr 2009 22:49

I think United can get big competitions

I don't think inter-nations one can be easily at first. I think that European ones could be better for this to start with.

v000nix
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF
Manialink(s): v000nix, TManiacs

Post by v000nix » 15 Apr 2009 02:26

Thanks for your answer Florent!
You are right in many points. But only one thing still disturbs me: I voted for United. I would have voted for Nations, too, because i love trackmania. Why didn't they ask for nations at the poll? All the arguments you pointet out where known alredy in november.

Image (like that smilie :D)

TaG]Nemesis
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMN, TMO

Post by TaG]Nemesis » 16 Apr 2009 17:01

...TMUF was the only option in voting, i voted for it but wanted TMNF.. as im sure many others did. TMNF is much more open and easily available for people to pick up.

This is great news, i spent alot of time spamming the link around to friends and even my family to get votes for trackmania.

lets hope they keep it for years to come.. next target: kode5

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 16 Apr 2009 22:08

v000nix

If people told them that TM is good for competition, they probably decided to pick the "ultimate" which is how United is describe. But the price, the keyboard performance and the sporting visuals are good arguments for esport while it matters less for the general interest of a game.

I don't think they were in a situation to easily understand all this when they made the list of games and I am happy that they came to the conclusion that Nations is better fitted to be in the ChengDu final at the end of the year.

I think it is also good that classic esports competitions (ESWC, ESL, WCG, Dreamhack, TeX, Geil, The Gathering) are on Nations and that ET gathers the United ones so far. It is a clear split and can help to make the usual multigames teams to pick Nations while the community competitions keep a similar spirit than before.

v000nix
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF
Manialink(s): v000nix, TManiacs

Post by v000nix » 24 Apr 2009 11:55

Deep Silver (german tm-publisher) announced today that trackmania united forever will be played. :roflol:
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=40277

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Frostbeule » 24 Apr 2009 12:03

lol nice one. it sure is a bit confusing with the names being so similar, and stadium actually being a part of TMUF. this is all WCG's fault for not knowing the significant difference* between the 2 games when they made that poll. if they had put TMNF, they would've got even more votes. but it turned out well in the end (atleast for all the TMNF players).

* TMNF = esport, TMUF = not (nearly as much) esport

and even if TMUF would've been the game chosen, surely only 1 environment would've been used. and common sense would make that environment stadium, as it was built for esport in mind. so why not change it to TMNF instead. that game is free, and it's also based on nations which fits well with the theme of WCG, so it's was just a better choice for WCG to use TMNF instead of TMUF.