TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Come in to speak about the competitions different organised by Nadeo and the community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

DeathDriver
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMNF, TMUF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by DeathDriver » 08 Dec 2008 17:19

You said most of them.
TMU players come to see tmnf or tmuf, tmnf players usually just come to see tmnf. Also non tmnf players want to see tmnf (more active ppl = more ppl know the game = more spectators) kinda easy calculation.

Lolomax
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Owned TM-games: TMO - TMS - TMU
Manialink(s): Lolomax

Post by Lolomax » 08 Dec 2008 18:11

DeathDriver wrote:more active ppl = more ppl know the game = more spectators
True! On relay servers. That's wrong for ESWC (this is in fact nearly wrong, because TMU players are "most of the spectators" :gobananas: ).

Ok, let's say 80% of the ESWC spectators are playing TMU. And you'll agree with me, Trackmania isn't as attractive as Counter Strike or Warcraft in big events such as ESWC and WCG, and only 3 or 4 % of the total amount of spectators is coming to watch Trackmania competitions. Anyway, every Trackmania spectators also play Trackmania (which means non-Trackmania-players are not coming to see it), and that is why there were no spectators at all for Trackmania at San Jose.
So that wouldn't change anything for big organizations, as there would be nearly as many people coming if TMU was picked (and that's without taking into account the fact that the TMU community would be glad to see a few diversity in these competitions (with more environments), and that there consequently certainly be much more Trackmania players coming to spectate).

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 08 Dec 2008 18:38

So perhaps with showing a bit more variety of the game we can change the appeal to a wider audience . .rather than showing TM is only one thing .. show the collection of variety and creation that it truly is :wink:

Atze-Peng
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Atze-Peng » 09 Dec 2008 00:15

jamie_macdonald wrote:So perhaps with showing a bit more variety of the game we can change the appeal to a wider audience . .rather than showing TM is only one thing .. show the collection of variety and creation that it truly is :wink:
I think that was the best statement in this thread so far.

Good job & word ^^

Also I have to agree with lolomax and add something. I think for non Trackmania players it is more interesting to see the whole difference in the Trackmania universe than just seeing 1 environment. For example when they see Stadium sliding powa and right after a Desert match with the cars almost flipping to the site would be more interesting than another Stadium track.

RavenZero
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN & TMU

Post by RavenZero » 11 Dec 2008 02:48

Ok, ok. TMU also fits for competitions when talking about the technical concepts. Tho I've my doubts...

Anyway, the next problem:

How many countries do you think they have knowledge about TMU? Also, even if having some players, what about the qualify phase for these countries?

Like... 2 players to play? OHHH nice! Oustanding to see 2 Egyptian players 'qualified' for their country's final.

Specially for their country's sponsors to see their money being flushed down because no one cares (read 'knows') about a racing game since it's not CS at all.

Put TMU is like to kick-off 70% of the participating countries, except France, Portugal, Germany, Sweden, Norway, and a few other european countries.
i voted already for TMU on the page... i thought i voted for TMU not for TMN ... if i read this thread i voted for TMN ...
i prefer to see LFS then ;) ) (even NFS is more skillful :p )
i lol'ed hard at this one

Final though, want TMU to be popular? Bring it to cybercafe (aka lan houses) and start doing events to see the results.

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 11 Dec 2008 12:03

We Plan to ... But will take some time for team build .. i am dreaming of driving (or having our drivers, drive) TMU @ UK Lans ... Would be awesome .. and entertaining i am sure.

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 11 Dec 2008 12:16

I think its known that alot of players (good and bad) have stopped playing Trackmania. Im not saying it on its death grave but the more useless things are told about the game the more people are less motivated to play the game.

Well TMU is a good game for lans but as the whole thread is told its a game that wont last.

TMN had the exicement of playing only one env. (Stadium) but now there will/might be 7 will be bored for spectators all around the world.

so If we vote for TMU i think it will be for TMN's Stadium.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 11 Dec 2008 13:04

w1lla wrote:Well TMU is a good game for lans but as the whole thread is told its a game that wont last
Is that why The player count highest for united has been broken recently? (yes players online playing . .not accounts for avatars)

Its an up and coming phenomenon in my opinion ... sure stadium is most likely to be played if they pick one environment only... but i as an active TMU player that doesnt whine about something different (rather i just get on with it and enjoy the variety) i tend not to agree this should be the way forward. Least thats all i feel ... i am Happy for ANY tm action to be honest ..But of course i would like to see more of the game flouted .. and pushed out there

The people you say have stopped playing are "usually" ladder points people who dont even give proper racing a look in ...
For each one of them .. there are probably least 2 other people enjoying the change and finding fun in the creative variety that is TM in its entirety.. I would find it a missed oppertunity to not show this and to be stuck in a rut ... because then you will make sure with no change that it will be on a downward slide as you will be "stagnant" ... Not all like change but that progression for you.

I feel the whole "cannot change" and "dont think change can work" very pesemistic willa and as i love TM and hope for a long and fortunate life for nadeo and the TM competition community i find it rather damaging depressivnes ...
...Now can we have some optimism .. and trully show of this beautiful game please?

just rember that people moan alot .. about anychange ... that does not mean there are not an equal amount (or more) loving it :wink:

Have fun all ^^

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Post by Frostbeule » 19 Dec 2008 16:40

time for a reminder? we can get more votes!

Atze-Peng
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Atze-Peng » 24 Jan 2009 21:17

When will the results be shown of this voting?

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Frostbeule » 27 Jan 2009 13:05

Atze-Peng wrote:When will the results be shown of this voting?
I'm not sure, but I think there will be some kind of announcement in April, so before that I suppose. I wish there would be more ads about this event. we need more votes :(

Dff|Shadow
cyclist
cyclist

Post by Dff|Shadow » 12 Feb 2009 16:33

we just know first 5 games: CS, SC, WC3 on PC and GH3, Virtua Fighter 5 on XBOX :X and
Defence of the Ancients will again not be seeing the light for this event.

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Post by TStarGermany » 12 Feb 2009 20:41

Frostbeule wrote:So stop calling TMNF a demo wtf.
don't let them provoke you, they always try to mame TMN players feel inferior :grmblz:

btw: that guy at the eswc who called you "frosbuhl" all the time, didn't you want to kick him :mrgreen: ?

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Frostbeule » 13 Feb 2009 01:52

Well, not even I knew how to pronounce it at first, until a German told me :p

Hmm, I guess they haven't announced all games yet. So there's still a chance that Trackmania will be there. I mean, usually they have a racing game in the list. Maybe it's really close in the polls! A new in-game news about it wouldn't hurt i guess.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 13 Feb 2009 14:09

Not everyone knows how to pronounce internet nicknames, and people speaking a different language won't be able to say it right because they just can't make the sounds. I'd like to hear an English or French person say something like Jochem Ruiter properly :P

I don't even know how to say Zooz, and French people will have a different opinion on it than Swedes, probably ^^

On-topic, if voting is still open it might be a good idea to have another round of advertising, for those who didn't see it the first time.