TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Come in to speak about the competitions different organised by Nadeo and the community.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Florent
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1594
Joined: 09 Aug 2005 14:07

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Florent » 28 Nov 2008 22:21

I have just learned that it is really difficult to learn. nothing more, nothing less

are we not off topic now?

we should talk about Korean, at max :pil

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 157
Joined: 30 Nov 2007 19:05
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by occam » 28 Nov 2008 22:47

Image

Now that you mention your incredible asiatic language skills and Japanese Kanji often being derived from traditional written Chinese: Do you approve this translation of 'herb-san' (german=kraut-san) (Japanese romanji=haabu-san)
of course i also appreciate additional Korean translations and variations :->>

The 'kraut' part is very tricky :->> because this German kraut does not derive from the word kraut=herb but from the slang-term Kraut (Boche), which is probably not that easy to translate in Japanese anyway :->> , so if anyone knows - just how wrong is 'haabu-san' (romanji) :-) ?


Now we are off topic :->


and because of that a warning to myself  Image 

Dff|Shadow
cyclist
cyclist
Posts: 35
Joined: 27 Jun 2007 10:19
Contact:

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Dff|Shadow » 29 Nov 2008 00:02

Guys, STOP this shitly talking,

just tell your friends to vote for TMUF and we'll see what will be in the future, even though its sure we'll play Stadium... let us show the world, that the trackmania community is able to organize itself.

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 173
Joined: 06 Oct 2007 23:17
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Frostbeule » 01 Dec 2008 20:33

it would be great if Nadeo could advertise this great opportunity a bit more ;)

Florent
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1594
Joined: 09 Aug 2005 14:07

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Florent » 02 Dec 2008 10:32

This vote should be made by community and people from eSport. Insomnia made a ingame news on his initiative, other made posts in the forum. Our role is not to push newbies to vote.

last time we did something, it ended up like that
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71919

I am quite confident that those were true votes and that the game was first ^_^

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 173
Joined: 06 Oct 2007 23:17
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Frostbeule » 03 Dec 2008 11:38

the ingame news is already on page 3 or 4. no one will see it anymore. i just think that every vote counts, who cares about how good the players are at the game. why is that so important for voting. the so called "newbies" are the audience of the show. their votes are the most important i think, because they are the ones who are watching.

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 157
Joined: 30 Nov 2007 19:05
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by occam » 03 Dec 2008 12:24

Florent wrote:This vote should be made by community and people from eSport. Insomnia made a ingame news on his initiative, other made posts in the forum. Our role is not to push newbies to vote.

last time we did something, it ended up like that
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71919

I am quite confident that those were true votes and that the game was first ^_^
Florent, did you accidentially post the wrong link ?

On first place is "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" and i could not find Trackmania at all in that article, although i combed through it intensively and more than once.

I am intrigued to read about Trackmania on first place - where it belongs - may it be on eurogamer.net or any other site. In the link you posted Link won, i guess that means it was the wrong link ? :->>

I did not play Twilight Princess yet but i really loved Ocarina of Time and also A Link to the Past, but if i was to be marooned on a deserted island (with internet connection :->>) and would be granted one game and had to choose it would not be Zelda or GTA or any other game - i would choose Trackmania and would not even have to think about it.
 

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 157
Joined: 30 Nov 2007 19:05
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by occam » 03 Dec 2008 13:05

Frostbeule wrote:the ingame news is already on page 3 or 4. no one will see it anymore.
Frostbeule is right, bump it :->
Frostbeule wrote: who cares about how good the players are at the game. why is that so important for voting. the so called "newbies"
are the audience of the show. their votes are the most important i think, because they are the ones who are watching.
I am really pleased to see this Years Winner of the ESWC write these lines. I am not really new to the game, although i drive like i was :-> but i am very skilled as an audience :->
Frostbeule wrote: i just think that every vote counts
Seconded.
If you have a granny get here to drive TM (might be fun) and if driving might not be an option she still might have an e-mail address, get here (an oldie newbie :->) to vote. I guess that is how Senator (President Elect) Obama did it :->> (activating new voters).


...so, if possible you and all your grannies, go and vote Image :->
 

tma
road tourist
road tourist
Posts: 83
Joined: 24 Jul 2006 23:36

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by tma » 03 Dec 2008 13:42

occam wrote:Florent, did you accidentially post the wrong link ?
He didn't. Read the introduction.

Frostbeule
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 173
Joined: 06 Oct 2007 23:17
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Frostbeule » 03 Dec 2008 14:09

that's the work of idiots. they exist in every game, trust me.

occam
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Posts: 157
Joined: 30 Nov 2007 19:05
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU,TMUF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by occam » 03 Dec 2008 14:59

tma wrote:He didn't. Read the introduction.
Thx, tma :thumbsup:. I actually checked the five pages several times, but i only looked at the games and the rankings and i did not bother to read the introduction onceImage, shame on me that was sloppy Image :->
 

Dengelino
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 26
Joined: 19 Oct 2006 17:32

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Dengelino » 03 Dec 2008 17:23

Atze told me i had to look @ this thread.... normally i dont like to discuss about this topic ....

but :

i voted already for TMU on the page... i thought i voted for TMU not for TMN ... if i read this thread i voted for TMN ...
i prefer to see LFS then ;) ) (even NFS is more skillful :p )

what i wanna say about some comments :
the stadium enviroment is the most perfectly balanced of all the others and by far the most skillful IMO.
roflmania :D

and by pure
All the people who failed miserably at Stadium (Trackmania Nations: ESWC) who are trying their luck in another environment are now screaming they want to be heard.
:roflol:
Goo Fast!!

(6842 Star days) :P (27.2.07)

Florent
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1594
Joined: 09 Aug 2005 14:07

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Florent » 04 Dec 2008 13:08

Frostbeule wrote:that's the work of idiots. they exist in every game, trust me.
who are you talking about?

Eurogamer did not took trackmania in the top because the number of vote was even before Zelda.

Maybe they got something like:
1. TrackMania 2253
2. Zelda 245
3. Mario 231
4. Blabla 229

you say: hmmm... TrackMania was "cheated"

I think that if Nadeo enters the flow of votes, they can probably see the same strange result.

It may requires too much attention from casual TM players for something that they are not really involved/understand.

DeathDriver
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 25
Joined: 10 Feb 2008 08:04
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMNF, TMUF

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by DeathDriver » 06 Dec 2008 00:08

Atze-Peng wrote:
Pure wrote:Stadium is made for e-sports, just because Stadium is in TMUF doesn't mean the others are. That's like saying: "Oh, because Team Fortress is also part of half life it should be played just like CS!"
Then tell me please one thing, which makes Stadium more suited than any other TMU environment (except for buggy Snow). Just one and I'm statisfied with your opinion.
- more spectators

Kind of funny diskussion btw ^^

Lolomax
tricycle manager
tricycle manager
Posts: 26
Joined: 22 Feb 2008 17:27
Owned TM-games: TMO - TMS - TMU
Manialink(s): Lolomax
Location: Tours (not so far from Paris) ^^

Re: TMUF on WCG 2009?! It's possible guys!

Post by Lolomax » 06 Dec 2008 10:31

More spectators? Where? On relay servers, for sure! But not where the event takes place. At the ESWC Masters (at Bercy) this year, most of the spectators were TMU players, who came to see Trackmania. I'm sure they'd also come if there were TMU environments to watch. That's not a good argument ;)

However, it's sure there would be less players participating in the LANs, and that is the reason why TMU and his 7 environments will never be selected for any of these International competitions.

Post Reply