Real random maps on Servers, from the game?

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Zesto
highway camper
highway camper

Real random maps on Servers, from the game?

Post by Zesto » 27 Dec 2006 18:12

So, my question is, will it ever be possible, that the game(!) will make tracks(of it own)? Like "random-maps" at RTS-Games? :?:

Ok, im tierd, bored and much more..., from all this servers with all of there "stars" on it...driving and knowing the tracks on the servers more than enough.
But driving tracks, that the game it self makes, that really no one knows..sounds funny for me, or not?
This is a option the game needs...and i hope it will come true.

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 27 Dec 2006 18:27

Would be a bit hard, if the game would just place a random block on every tile the track would probably suck. Maybe it would be better if it built blocks with the same clips that connect, and sometimes a block to transfer to another clip type, but those tracks would be pretty boring. Also, there are blocks without clips. Not sure if this would work very well...

Zesto
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Zesto » 27 Dec 2006 20:17

Ok, my english is not that good and i maybe dont made it that clear to understand. :oops:

I said this game need a option like this. And i hope there will be something like this at the next trackmania game(s). :?: :!:

I know that there will never be tracks from the comp (random made), that can be that good as from a human trackbuilder.
But i like to have this as a option. :wink:

But back to my example(RTS-games):
At this games you can tell the comp to build a map with:
more rivers or not, or hills or not and more.Ok :?:

So, at this game my idea is(with this nice track editor-builder):
That you can tell the comp to make track 1. flat, track 2. with loopings, track 3. with some hills and loopings and so on(and at is best with a time limit or length for the track)... so that you dont need to take allready "build" tracks on the server. It will all be random. :o

tma
road tourist
road tourist

Post by tma » 29 Dec 2006 12:27

It would certainly be possible, It wouldn't be as simple as generating some random elevations, lakes, resource nodes and such on an RTS-map, but nothing is impossible. However, like Zooz said, those tracks would probably be fairly boring and, well, random ;)

I don't really see a need for this feature in any case. I don't know how many player-made tracks are out there. Thousands, tens of thousands, probably more. You wouldn't have time to play them all in a lifetime, and even if you did manage to get back to one you'd seen before, you would probably have forgotten by then.

Pick a TMX track id for your environment of choice, and start playing ;)

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 29 Dec 2006 12:40

And some of those TMX tracks can look pretty random, especially the ones with no awards, screenshots, details etc :P

Zesto
highway camper
highway camper

Post by Zesto » 29 Dec 2006 15:35

Yes, i know that there are more than enough maps build by ppl (good and bad ones). :)

But my point is, that when i join a server to try something new, there will at every server like 5-10 or more ppl that knowing all the maps, all the tricks on it, cuts and more like this. :!:
So, with this random-map option (if it will be possible), it will be "new" tracks for all, all the time. :!:

And if you say this tracks will be boring, yes maybe. I dont know if it will work and how, but i think it will be funny anyhow to play on maps that are new to everyone...im sure about this. :)