TM-FORUM

The TrackMania universal forum ^_^
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The future of TrackMania
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:02 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Probabbly better to wait for the official press release

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:04 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz
Frostbeule wrote:
nice news for the united-users who are bored of the existing envs. Nadeo wanna make sum bucks so it makes sense to make more envs in similiar style (eg no sliding). i read at tm-actu that nadeo will continue supporting forever though, i hope that means supporting TMNF as well since it's kinda a stand-alone title for e-sport.

Nadeo is still supporting Trackmania Original, as well as Trackmania Sunrise, and the old Nations is still running as well as demos of TMO and TMSX I think. I highly doubt they'll just drop Forever :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:12 pm 
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF, TMNF
Zooz wrote:
Frostbeule wrote:
nice news for the united-users who are bored of the existing envs. Nadeo wanna make sum bucks so it makes sense to make more envs in similiar style (eg no sliding). i read at tm-actu that nadeo will continue supporting forever though, i hope that means supporting TMNF as well since it's kinda a stand-alone title for e-sport.

Nadeo is still supporting Trackmania Original, as well as Trackmania Sunrise, and the old Nations is still running as well as demos of TMO and TMSX I think. I highly doubt they'll just drop Forever :mrgreen:

yeah ok, they're still running the games, but i wouldn't mind seeing this "making your own 3D-parts" thing work for TMNF too, as well as adding other features to help improving the game further. Though I don't see this happening... one can always dream.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:31 pm 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Owned TM-games: TMUF
It's impossible to see from the official video demo as it's been carefully choreographed, but can you crash with other cars or is it still using "ghost" cars (the ability to move through other vehicles)?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:35 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Snowy wrote:
It's impossible to see from the official video demo as it's been carefully choreographed, but can you crash with other cars or is it still using "ghost" cars (the ability to move through other vehicles)?

Some cars did go through each other, so ghost cars. Thank god, otherwise it shouldn't be called Trackmania any more :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:26 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET
yeah collisions and people with different speeds on the internet from all over the world just plain dont mix.
Keep collisions for lan games only ^^

now all i am thinking is a) i need a time machine and/or b) when are the beta invites gonna appear :gobananas:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:29 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

We now have a Trackmania 2 forum to discuss various things related to TM2: viewforum.php?f=136
Let's keep discussion about the announcement here, and take all other discussion about TM2 to that forum.

viewforum.php?f=136

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:34 pm 
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Owned TM-games: all
Manialink(s): redlion, ming
if i'm not mistaken, i heard florent saying in the video that there's still an update coming this fall for the current trackmania, including the Startrack campaign... can anyone confirm this, maybe someone who's been there?
does anyone have more info on this?

Luxembourg's TM-community website: www.trackmania.lu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:02 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

It was mentioned in one of the news articles that the first thing Florent said was that there would be an update to put the StarTrack campaign tracks into TMF. Not sure if that's all for that update, but it's all he said I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:17 pm 
solid chaser
solid chaser

Owned TM-games: TMS, TMN and TMU. :)
I don't know why people doubt Nadeo.

Trackmania Nations is one of the greatest games that I've ever played. I can't believe it was by chance of seeing it used to demo computers in my local market that got me to get it.

Trackmania Forever took everything from TMO, TMS and TMN and made it even better (ignoring the random landing bugs). better graphics, better track editing, better online.... I don't know how Nadeo can improve on one of the grestest online games but I know they will.

The video says enough - Trackmania 2 will be awesome.

:D go Nadeo :D :gobananas:

AMD Phenon 9950 @ 2.85 Ghz
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM
Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 mobo
250GB SATA HDD
Gigabyte GTX275 Super Overclock Edition
Logic 3 USB Rumble Pad
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit

Mac Matrix: Author of the TMN Neon Craze

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:33 pm 
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Owned TM-games: TMO TMN TMU TMF
Mac Matrix wrote:
The video says enough - Trackmania 2 will be awesome.

I can just agree with that...
Can't wait to play it :pil

Die Rot-Weiß-Rote Brille [Blog (German)]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:53 pm 
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

I'll add my cry of excitement!

I about wet my pants with joy when I heard they announced TrackMania 2. My two favorite game series of all time are TrackMania and Motocross Madness. TrackMania already had infinite replay value with the track editor, but if they're serious about a block editor/importer, that totally kicks it up several notches.

I'm so stoked to see what they do with new TrackMania goodness... thanks NADEO!
:3 :3 :3 :3 :3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:52 pm 
tricycle manager
tricycle manager

Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF
OH NOOES Just when I bought TMU(F)? I hope it'll be free for TMUF players or at least, a 50% discount for them! :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:30 pm 
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Dany0 wrote:
OH NOOES Just when I bought TMU(F)? I hope it'll be free for TMUF players or at least, a 50% discount for them! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Unfortunately for you, TMU(F) has been out for two years, TMU being released two years ago, and the free Forever upgrade later.

With TM2 being a new engine and new environments, I'm highly doubting there will be anything free about it. Personally speaking I don't think it should be anyway. I enjoy supporting NADEO for the kick-butt games they've been providing us with over the years... and higher praise if they don't DRM the crap out of it like most of the big game publishers in the USA have been doing (why punish your paying customers?!)

I'm quite confident TM2 will be worth every penny, as its predecessors have been.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:16 am 
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMN
As I said in another topic, I would really hope that TM2 has the ability to import the TMU environments, so that they can all be held under one game roof. It would generally make track organization much less painful, and it's always good to have the neat new features like Custom Blocks in all the environments as opposed to just the new three (plus maybe one or two 'revived' environments).

That isn't to say there needs to be a new campaign for all seven... after all, how many tracks are officially present for each environment now?

I just don't want such a brilliant racing game with so much flexibility, especially in things like track creation, to be made all the more 'stressful' by having to split everything up over several program folders... and generally be subject to mass disorganization.

That, and the old environments in the new engine would look and play really spiffy.

In that sense, perhaps Nadeo could do something where they have the engine for the game (TM2) then each 6 months or a year, they can release new environments for a fee, which can then be bought and imported into TM2. That way you have a central game which is constantly expanded upon and updated :V

EDIT: And on the money issue. I for one don't mind paying for the full price again. It's all for a very good cause, anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next