Tm-Exchange Down? Agian?

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Re: Tm-Exchange Down? Agian?

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 14:09

hpbifta wrote:
Nadeo has NO power to shut TMX down, it is a purely player run site, none of us at the site work for Nadeo in any capacity. The only way to get rid of us would be to provide a better more advanced and feature filled system than that we offer and hope people migrate, but then you have to fight our reputation, which apart from the very occasional little server niggles I believe is pretty much second to none within the TM scene.

Nadeo have already added a track-swapping system in-game before (in TMU) , it wasn`t overly successful in comparison with TMX.

Also as a company Nadeo have expressed the opinion that they dont want to step on our toes and don`t intend to try and rival TMX. Also why should they also spend money on building an advanced in-house system when there is already a quality recognised service out there being provided for free?

So Jamie_MacDonald, I find your comment rather rude to us at TMX considering we do this for free in our spare time for all of you.
When did i state is was nadeo's? i was purely hoping for somethign good to come out of this .. not insult or threaten your obviously puny ego m8 ... Get over it . .with all these problems i want something better for tm ... if that means more support for TMX or a new greater Breed of similar i dont really care ... I want results .. good ones for TM ... That is all ...You guys all far to negative i WAS trying to be constructive . .but now go %^&* yaself .. useless site anyway if its allways down

In future read my question and not all the others "presumptions" of what i meant please ... You barked totally up the wrong tree

InSo
cyclist
cyclist

Post by InSo » 10 Aug 2008 14:28

Heh, less arguing and work on the damn thing :D or it'll be the same as it is now in a years time saying "omg how come we never worked on getting back up and running?"

Markus
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMU
Manialink(s): XTZone (not finished)

Post by Markus » 10 Aug 2008 14:28

jamie_macdonald wrote: When did i state is was nadeo's? i was purely hoping for somethign good to come out of this .. not insult or threaten your obviously puny ego m8 ... Get over it . .with all these problems i want something better for tm ... if that means more support for TMX or a new greater Breed of similar i dont really care ... I want results .. good ones for TM ... That is all ...You guys all far to negative i WAS trying to be constructive . .but now go %^&* yaself .. useless site anyway if its allways down

In future read my question and not all the others "presumptions" of what i meant please ... You barked totally up the wrong tree
you act like a 13 yr. old girl who gets her first menstruation.
Useless site? wtf?! what would that game be without tmx? ever thought about this?
where to get all the tracks from without spending much time?!

hey they do that in their FREETIME, that means they`re all adult (if you know what it means) they have a job, friends, hobbys besides TM and other important things to do...i dont know who gave you the right to piss anyone off with such a crap you wrote, you can it better? just do!
the site is down all teh time? wtf. where are you living?

i cant get your point....
if anyone would sponsor this site btw. it would lost all its possibilities

calm down and try to make a nice conversation

TMX isnt useless
XTZone Server (30slots, only TMS evirs., various authors)
Xtreme Trackers Homepage

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 14:33

Markus wrote:
jamie_macdonald wrote: When did i state is was nadeo's? i was purely hoping for somethign good to come out of this .. not insult or threaten your obviously puny ego m8 ... Get over it . .with all these problems i want something better for tm ... if that means more support for TMX or a new greater Breed of similar i dont really care ... I want results .. good ones for TM ... That is all ...You guys all far to negative i WAS trying to be constructive . .but now go %^&* yaself .. useless site anyway if its allways down

Useless site? wtf?! what would that game be without tmx? ever thought about this?

hey they do that in their FREETIME, that means they`re all adult (if you know what it means) they have a job, friends, hobbys besides TM and other important things to do...i dont know who gave you the right to piss anyone off with such a crap you wrote, you can it better? just do!

TMX isnt useless

MARKUS .. another load of presumptions .. and you wonder why i got pee'd off lol ... Youre as dumb as the rest . .read my originasl post . .the useless comment was just a snipe i dont actually meant that :p

It was in response to the idiocy of not reading constructivly and PRESUMING negatives ... exactly as you yourself jsut did ... i am adult i work i love and use my spare tiume for pro TM stuff too ... Please dont pesume and the funny thing is .. my first post was a question to nadeo admin ... NOT YOU lol

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 14:34

and please markus also use dcontext (english) ... i staed its "useless" when its "down" ... Read properluy b4 you rant . .at least i took the care to

InSo
cyclist
cyclist

Post by InSo » 10 Aug 2008 14:34

Uncalled for, insulting someone online saying they're acting like a child, when insults are comming from every direction, falls to be a little hypocritical dontcha think?
He said it's useless when it's down, not when it's up.. If a site is always down, technically it is useless.. As no one can access it to make use of it can they?
Technically, it takes less time to zip up 100 tracks, and host on a free file hosting website, than it does to upload them one by one to TMX and add information about them.. Doh!
You've just done the exact same thing by typing crap to him, once again, hypocritical :P
Saying the site was down all the time, is normally used in a figure of speach. I don't think he actually meant ALL THE TIME.

Huh?
Yes you should. :P:)

TMX isnt useless[/quote]

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 14:35

Thx inso . .i know least there is one sane tmx fan ... I was for a moment thinking they were all mad :roflol:

i have never dealt with such a negative community before (including the admin) .. shame i was actually trying to help them .. i wont EVEr bother again trust me

Markus
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMU
Manialink(s): XTZone (not finished)

Post by Markus » 10 Aug 2008 14:38

about the sponsoring i ment a sponsor like NADEO.

but you`re right Inso and jamie also
take my apologises
XTZone Server (30slots, only TMS evirs., various authors)
Xtreme Trackers Homepage

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 14:41

Markus wrote:about the sponsoring i ment a sponsor like NADEO.

but you`re right Inso and jamie also
take my apologises

No problem markus .. .but believe me this has put me of tmx and its comm for a long time ... ridiculous stuff here ... i was trying to help tmx and hint at some support or improvment of its organization.

I hope for better more freindly days .. the previous few replies from a simple suggestion are enough to make me steer clear a long time lol

Warrior
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmnf, tmu

Post by Warrior » 10 Aug 2008 14:55

I would say that instead of fighting and name calling
the right thing to do here is ask what we can do if anything to get this problem solved

Insulting eatch other here is just stupid
we should be offering some sort of help
Yes i want to see it working and was disapointed and frustrated when i first heard and might even have been rude but now we need a solation ..

United we stand Divided we fall

So is there anything that we at Godsquadgaming can do to help solve this problem

Fleppie
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMN TMU

Post by Fleppie » 10 Aug 2008 15:13

Warrior,

First of all: Thnx for your support! :thumbsup:

The reason why TMX is down is because the webserver stopped responding.
So we can not get access to the site or the FileSystem.

If we could....we could've created another server....but since we have no files to put on it ;)

We appreciate your help, but there's really nothing you or us at TMX can do at this point.

Our last status update said that a team from the datacenter was looking at our server.
We are waiting to hear from them.

Thnx for all your patience while TMX is down. And as always....when we hear something...I will post it in this topic :)
Fleppie
TMX Coder for Trackmania Nations Forever

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 15:47

Warrior wrote:I would say that instead of fighting and name calling
the right thing to do here is ask what we can do if anything to get this problem solved

Insulting eatch other here is just stupid
we should be offering some sort of help
Yes i want to see it working and was disapointed and frustrated when i first heard and might even have been rude but now we need a solation ..

United we stand Divided we fall

So is there anything that we at Godsquadgaming can do to help solve this problem

Agreed warrior . .that was the whole point of my first post untill this tmx crowd decided t otake everything i said negatively ... I jsut want solutions .. and was "trying" to suggest some ...

...I hope for something more cunstructive than to be shot down for suggesting something out of the box (something tmx admin and some of the users seemed not to be able to do themselves)

I cross my fingers hope for some progress ^^

PS. i use no insult untill in response .. I would never do such a thing unless provoked from an ignorant and blind response ( i recieved many for just a suggestion lol)

Be well good luck TMX ... Will be nice to see it or something similar back up soon .. TM needs a site like this (internal or community regardless)

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 15:57

Fleppie wrote:Warrior,

First of all: Thnx for your support! :thumbsup:

The reason why TMX is down is because the webserver stopped responding.
So we can not get access to the site or the FileSystem.

If we could....we could've created another server....but since we have no files to put on it ;)

We appreciate your help, but there's really nothing you or us at TMX can do at this point.

Our last status update said that a team from the datacenter was looking at our server.
We are waiting to hear from them.

Thnx for all your patience while TMX is down. And as always....when we hear something...I will post it in this topic :)
Woulda been nice for my suggestion to be recieved with such that is was intended as with warrior .. nevermind ... Good luck ... And hope for some fortune Fleppie

I hope you understand that suggesting things other side of the fence can do some good sometimes?

The intention was to gain support not start an argument .. We all love tm ... Thats the one certainty .. or why would we all be so twitchy! :roflol:

wilameta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by wilameta » 10 Aug 2008 17:00

Wow!

I don't read forum for 12 hours and miss a lot.

As someone not involved in any of this I saw jamie's post as contsrutive not criticising.

And it seems like everyone over reacted, I hate seeing personal attacks and name calling here when we are all here for the same reason (love of the game).

But it also seems like everyone came to their senses and made up which restores my faith in humanity. :sweet:

Thx everyone for returning to civility. Please can we keep it that way? :lovetm

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 17:18

Thanks for recognizing the true intent of my message wil .. many did not
... but yes all seems to have returned to normal ... i have spoke via pm with the tmx mod in question and the mis-understanding seems to be solved (im not sure how was mis-understood though my typing might be bad, i do try to word things considerately)

I suppose also language barries can be an issue in a place such as this ... most brits or americans got my context so i presume jsut one of those things ^^

Now long live TM (and TMX :lol: )