Tm-Exchange Down? Agian?

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Fleppie
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF TMN TMU

Re: Tm-Exchange Down? Agian?

Post by Fleppie » 09 Aug 2008 23:16

SpeedraceR360 wrote:I still wonder why it always goes down while they are updating the site..
Well, i updated the site many times before...even while you were on it ;) so its not always...
SpeedraceR360 wrote: And like. if the sight is going to be down, why cant they put a explenation for it on the front page :shock:
We did put a down time announcement on the front page...
And: if the server is down...we can't make an offline page for the site...
weird wrote:well here is the question i guess every one wants to hear the answer too

So how much longer do you figure it is going to be down 1 day 1 week or 1 month

i estimate a week before you get an answer.
Here's your awnser ;) we don't know.....we're waiting for status updates from the US. And because im in Europe...there is a major time difference :( So fingers crossed

I'll keep you updated when we know more :) for now...just hope :)
Fleppie
TMX Coder for Trackmania Nations Forever

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 07:35

If ever there was a time for Nadeo to think of having a maniahub to rate and upload tracks and leave a comment .. this would be a good time??

Tmx mods not your fault .. but i think something more solid is needed scince so many tm players rely on your site..

... Nadeo any chance of this on future??

w1lla
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN, TMF
Manialink(s): intr

Post by w1lla » 10 Aug 2008 09:40

hmm dont think nadeo would like to sponsor it as it is a small company. With little funds.

Code: Select all

tmnforever is nations and united makes it special. tmnforever has united. I need united!

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 10:19

i did not mean sponsor tmx .. i meant get rid of it ,.. make ingame usable uploader and rating system ... via manialinks

... or host similar themselves

Plus .. a suggestion ... for them ... not you lol

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 10 Aug 2008 10:47

Fleppie wrote: Here's your awnser ;) we don't know.....we're waiting for status updates from the US. And because im in Europe...there is a major time difference :( So fingers crossed
After 4 days I hope someone "working with" TMX knows more about why the site is down other than waiting for a status update... Time difference isn't exactly a big problem when it comes to answering an email or sending a PM of some sort...

Is it from the server host you're awaiting that status update? Does this host have other sites that are down?

Just have to say that TM without TMX is like taking away 50% of the game. You guys at TMX deserve all the cred anyone can give :thumbsup:
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

PallePingvin
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU, TM2

Post by PallePingvin » 10 Aug 2008 12:42

jamie_macdonald wrote:i did not mean sponsor tmx .. i meant get rid of it ,.. make ingame usable uploader and rating system ... via manialinks

Plus .. a suggestion ... for them ... not you lol
then we also can get rid of tm-forum because there is a more ingame forum. TMX is maybe the most nescessary site in TM-Community and lots of people are active there. dont come and say TMX should be taken down if you're not active there, both with building + testing tracks and in the forum. And why would nadeo replace an superb site wich is working perfect except for some downtimes where people like you make them sound unproffessional? stop whining! And last from me i wish good luck to the tmx coders and hope the site will be up soon.

Fleppie
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Fleppie » 10 Aug 2008 12:59

PallePingvin wrote:then we also can get rid of tm-forum because there is a more ingame forum. TMX is maybe the most nescessary site in TM-Community and lots of people are active there. dont come and say TMX should be taken down if you're not active there, both with building + testing tracks and in the forum. And why would nadeo replace an superb site wich is working perfect except for some downtimes where people like you make them sound unproffessional? stop whining! And last from me i wish good luck to the tmx coders and hope the site will be up soon.
Thnx!

We are doing everything we can to get the site up soon. Only problem now is communication :(

We can also....in place of feeling down about the site....discuss some new features for the site.
Like: what extra functions would you like to see on TMX ?

If I hear some nice idea's....i might even put it in TMX ;)
Fleppie

Markus
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMU
Manialink(s): XTZone (not finished)

Post by Markus » 10 Aug 2008 13:04

nice to hear some activity is going on :thumbsup:
now that you mention it, how about a extra field on the account page, where the user can fill in the tmtp syntax of his server...sure it could be placed on the playerpage itself as account information, but i realy would like to see such an extra field
it would be easier to join friends servers or/and the favorite servers of them
XTZone Server (30slots, only TMS evirs., various authors)
Xtreme Trackers Homepage

PallePingvin
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMN, TMU, TM2

Post by PallePingvin » 10 Aug 2008 13:08

i always wanted a tmx chat :D

Mr._Impossible
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Mr._Impossible » 10 Aug 2008 13:14

I'd like to have the possibility to invite more than one member to private messages. Like a forum topic, just for specific people. I know it's already possible, because the mods joined once one of my private messages. Could be helpful e.g., when there's a community track to build and not everyone of the builder has an instant messenger. So they can discuss about the track, what they would change and so on.

Fleppie
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Post by Fleppie » 10 Aug 2008 13:27

Thnx Thnx Thnx!

All idea's posted here will be taken to the TMX mods and evaluated.
Some of them you might see on the site soon, others of them might not.

Yet other idea's like a TMX chat takes a lot of work to build :P and with msn or icq you can get the same thing ;)
Fleppie

hpbifta
speedy pilot
speedy pilot

Post by hpbifta » 10 Aug 2008 13:36

jamie_macdonald wrote: i did not mean sponsor tmx .. i meant get rid of it ,.. make ingame usable uploader and rating system ... via manialinks

Nadeo has NO power to shut TMX down, it is a purely player run site, none of us at the site work for Nadeo in any capacity. The only way to get rid of us would be to provide a better more advanced and feature filled system than that we offer and hope people migrate, but then you have to fight our reputation, which apart from the very occasional little server niggles I believe is pretty much second to none within the TM scene.

Nadeo have already added a track-swapping system in-game before (in TMU) , it wasn`t overly successful in comparison with TMX.

Also as a company Nadeo have expressed the opinion that they dont want to step on our toes and don`t intend to try and rival TMX. Also why should they also spend money on building an advanced in-house system when there is already a quality recognised service out there being provided for free?

So Jamie_MacDonald, I find your comment rather rude to us at TMX considering we do this for free in our spare time for all of you.

lille79
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMNF, TMUF

Post by lille79 » 10 Aug 2008 13:53

You guys mean more to Nadeo than any in-game-tool they can make. Don't listen to people saying you should be replaced! That would be a disaster and incredibly unfair to what you've spent time building.

GO TMX :thumbsup:
/lille79
Old man of the Norwegian Trackmania team Super Sheep Racing
To visit my homepage/blog, and download the usbTMFserver, this is the place to go.

s!em
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Post by s!em » 10 Aug 2008 13:57

Yeah, hpbifta is totally right!
Nadeo likes TMX, I think Florent likes to see such a nice community site :)

jamie_macdonald
speed demon
speed demon

Post by jamie_macdonald » 10 Aug 2008 14:00

then we also can get rid of tm-forum because there is a more ingame forum. TMX is maybe the most nescessary site in TM-Community and lots of people are active there. dont come and say TMX should be taken down if you're not active there, both with building + testing tracks and in the forum. And why would nadeo replace an superb site wich is working perfect except for some downtimes where people like you make them sound unproffessional? stop whining! And last from me i wish good luck to the tmx coders and hope the site will be up soon.
I think somehow you missed the words SUGGESTION ... and NADEO :roflol:

Also The TM-forum was also for things liek beta testing and out of game related chats too ... Maniazones is hardly the place for Beta speak tech support is it now?? Silly

I thought maybe the suggestion might get some debate going not as to the dissapearence but a greater reach for TMX or equvalent AND also to prompt some support from nadeo for TMX site .... Such negative response from something that was meant to bring something positive ... But what do i expect from someone who answers a Question not directed at them ?? (not much other than stupidity i suppose)