only 16 people allowed in friendslist ?!

General discussion about all the Trackmania series.

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Domi
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMNF,TMUF

Re: only 16 people allowed in friendslist ?!

Post by Domi » 04 May 2008 12:46

i think 64 slots is quite enough,cause what's the point of buddy list if you will add all the people as buddies xD :roflol:

TimeBreaker
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMN TMS TMU

Post by TimeBreaker » 05 May 2008 12:39

I was quite angry when i had to delete 2/3 of my tmu buddies out of my list, after updating to tmuf ( guess that was in the betatests)
and I will be very soon in a new conflict, as a limit of 64 buddies is nothing :S
at this point im quite happy that I have tmu though, because 16 buddies out of 600 000 people is .. nothing

In the old tmn days i had around 500 buddies, and there were like 100 people online at every day-time, and ~40-50 were playing on a server, so it was quite comfortable to join a server with some buddies on it
nowadays, out of those 40 buddies i have collected yet, there are like 4 people online, and when im lucky, theres one person playing on a server
so this makes the buddy system quite useless for me :(
I also loved the menus of the good old tmn, because you could easily see on which server the buddies play on and check out, if some of your buddies even play on the same server
also it was very nice to see the server infos by one click , where you could see who and how many people were on the server and see the upcoming tracks.
I really enjoyed this, and i miss this all in tmuf
and guess what, playing online has reduced to 1/10 of the time in tmn for me and its for sure not getting better, because it is really annoying to check out all those servers, having nadeo-tracks from "10 sec- acrobatic" up to "1 min dirt-bug madness" with the same timelimit
and once youve found a server with good tracks, there are only a couple of players on it
when i have buddies, i mostly know what tracks they like so I can trust them and join by the buddysystem ;)

its a shame that theres a restriction for buddies in a game liek this, having the best community ive ever seen in a game
after all i really hope that nadeo will give us the "infinite buddies-list" back to have more fun playing online (and maybe give us the old tmn menus back :roflol: )
Image Run Baby Run

Neuromancer
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMN

Post by Neuromancer » 05 May 2008 19:31

Just curious, if it was technically possible to have a large buddy list in TMN/TMU, what could have changed on Nadeo's side so that they suddenly limit it in Forever ? I can't imagine that they suddenly store so much more information about buddies, and storage prices go down all the time...
Maybe it's a marketing issue to make TMUF more attractive because of the higher limit, but then 64 seems too low for some.
I also had 20-30 in TMN and TMU, which I collected over the months/years. It was always nice to see someone online again after a while, will miss that. Can't even find my old buddies at all anymore, as the old TMN site and old TMU player page have been replaced :(
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic - Arthur C. Clarke

Vetinari
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Vetinari » 13 May 2008 04:33

I don't mind the 16 cap on TMNF at all. It's a free game. They want people to buy the full TMUF game which gives you more features including a larger buddy list. Although I don't foresee myself having 64, I can understand raising the cap for those that support Nadeo by purchasing their game.

Then of course there is also this solution that we use quite a bit at The Older Gamers:

xFire

http://xfire.com/

TrackManiac5000
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMSx

Post by TrackManiac5000 » 13 May 2008 20:59

Hey Peeps!! im only putting this here because this is a popular topic... :roflol: .

edit: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15534&p=114430#p114430
Last edited by Zooz on 14 May 2008 00:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You already have a topic about this...
[url=http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=343359] Image[/It Really works! i got a xbox360 controller for tm from it free!! just do thier offers!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 14 May 2008 00:16

TrackManiac5000 wrote:Hey Peeps!! im only putting this here because this is a popular topic... :roflol:
That's not how forums work...
and you already made a topic about it, so removing it here

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Post by TStarGermany » 02 Jun 2008 21:51

btw.. if you need a good laugh, try to add more than 5 or 6 servers to your favorite list... guess what happens :shock:

(i mean,what am i supposed to do? keep some piece of paper attached to my monitor, on which is written where i can find who/what? :roflol:)

KiWiNiNjA
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by KiWiNiNjA » 03 Jun 2008 04:22

TStarGermany wrote:i mean,what am i supposed to do?
Use your memory perhaps?

TStarGermany
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMN,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): creative

Post by TStarGermany » 03 Jun 2008 05:54

this is..impossible
honestly, my memory for -names- is so bad, there is absolutely no chance i could remember a server's name or location if i wasn't a regular user there.. and of course i can't become a regular user on most servers i'm new at, because i forget their names+location ... i totally rely on "external" memory when it comes to names :mrgreen:

Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF

Post by Djoszee » 04 Jun 2008 18:23

So I buy a game at the highest price it was sold for, and I can only have 64 friends. That sucks :grmblz:

edit:
how about this:
tmnf-64 friends
tmuf-200 friends

Florent?