TRACKMANIA UNITED BUY AND DOWNLOAD THE FULL GAME NOW

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

eTp~buZZe®
wheelbarrow operator
wheelbarrow operator

Post by eTp~buZZe® » 12 Nov 2006 09:49

Just bought the game :P Now downloading :)

=_n4drive=
cyclist
cyclist

Post by =_n4drive= » 12 Nov 2006 09:54

Zooz wrote:Here in the Netherlands, I don't really know anyone with a credit card. Fortunately my father happened to have one to pay at hotels abroad and such. I have no idea how to get one either, or what the requirements are, or how they work. You just don't need one anywhere, so they are uncommon.

edit: I just looked it up, appearantly you can get basic credit cards at my bank for €10/year, but it requires you to have a fixed income and some other things.
Jep Creditcards deleted because they are to expensive. Only debts they give you :P
Florent wrote:do your parents tell you that the f*** word is not f***** cool too. Because, if you tell them f*** you after they refuse something, that's f****** normal that you dont f**** get it, f***

f*** f*** f***

see you next f***** year!
Bad boy bad boy What ya gonna do what ya gonna do when they come for you :lol:
n4...

carrot1401
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by carrot1401 » 12 Nov 2006 10:20

Florent wrote: About England, be also aware that our former publisher just lied to us, never paid Sunrise and made bad operation for the territory just to steal two or three additionnal pennies. Which make the thing more complicated overall. f***.
And look where Digital Jesters are now :P

(They went under)

Downloading my copy now, thanks Nadeo for finding anther proper publisher for us brits/ roast beef :wink:

MikoZ
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMSX,TMNF,TMUF
Manialink(s): Mik

Post by MikoZ » 12 Nov 2006 10:24

lol n4 yippii i am downloading my copie now :twisted: 8)

darksidex
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU Beta

Post by darksidex » 12 Nov 2006 11:34

why is downloading more expensive then buying in shop (where you get a disc in a box) ?
if the only advantage is that you get it faster i'll wait
PCL: Toshiba Tecra S2 | Intel Centrino 760 2Ghz | 1024 MB DDR2 | 60GB HDD | GeForce Go 6600 64MB | 15,4" TFT 1400x1050 | Keyboard | Win XP Pro NL SP2 | Cable 256/10.000

Former Trackmania Nations Player & Trackmania United Beta Tester

carrot1401
cyclist
cyclist

Post by carrot1401 » 12 Nov 2006 11:56

Obviously it differs from place to place, but in England, its exactly the right price for a new game, £29.99. Plus the fact that 3 months is along time, no need for cd and crappy starforce problems will hopefully be kept to a minimum. You can legally copy it onto a dvd too, or in my case, back it up on my mp3 player...

Marck
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Marck » 12 Nov 2006 12:02

Tojar wrote:1. Is this game resellable then? How can you (if you can) sell this, because I might buy a retail version later...
No, it isn't. First, Focus/Metaboli explicitly state in their terms of service (at least in the German and English versions):
The payment and the download of the video games give the user an individual licence that is non-exclusive for the use of the video game purchased, for purely private, non transferable and non commercial use.
(Emphasis by me. By the way, such a term violates German intellectual property law and is therefore invalid in Germany.)

And second, it is technically not possible to sell the downloaded copy to a third person, because your license is tied to your e-mail address, as explained by Blahitis in his related thread in the FAQ forum. Selling the downloaded version would require you to also transfer this e-mail address to the buyer.
Tojar wrote:How about the french retail version? Is it ready in November and does it have an english languagepack?
I would like to know the answer to this question, too.
So could I buy a French version with all the stuff for example from amazon.fr?
This is the right spirit! :) If some distributors have a time to market that is longer than that of other distributors, then they have to deal with the consequences, i.e. customers buying their stuff from the faster distributor. A good example for globalization working in favour of the customer... ;)

Mistral
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: tmuf

Post by Mistral » 12 Nov 2006 12:25

Marck wrote:(Emphasis by me. By the way, such a term violates German intellectual property law and is therefore invalid in Germany.)
I am rather sure there is a judgement about download thingees. If you dont have a physical disc (CD/DVD) there is nothing you can have property of. You only have a licence (permission to use) which indeed can be non-transferable.

Tojar
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Tojar » 12 Nov 2006 14:08

Ok, so no reselling. I bought it anyway. But for example in steam you can change your e-mail as many tim, because I may buy the retail version in 2007...
Only that left a little bad taste about Metaboli and the net-buying system.
Anyway, waiting eagerly 'til friday :)

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 12 Nov 2006 14:13

my gand mother is in Switzerland in the German part then she will not be able to buy the game for me :?: :?
if yes I suppose it will not be in German :?:
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey

BLaHiTiS
lord of the roads
lord of the roads
Owned TM-games: tmu tmo tms tmn
Manialink(s): muxitis

Post by BLaHiTiS » 12 Nov 2006 14:36

Marck wrote:
Tojar wrote:1. Is this game resellable then? How can you (if you can) sell this, because I might buy a retail version later...
No, it isn't. First, Focus/Metaboli explicitly state in their terms of service (at least in the German and English versions):
The payment and the download of the video games give the user an individual licence that is non-exclusive for the use of the video game purchased, for purely private, non transferable and non commercial use.
(Emphasis by me. By the way, such a term violates German intellectual property law and is therefore invalid in Germany.)

And second, it is technically not possible to sell the downloaded copy to a third person, because your license is tied to your e-mail address, as explained by Blahitis in his related thread in the FAQ forum. Selling the downloaded version would require you to also transfer this e-mail address to the buyer.
Tojar wrote:How about the french retail version? Is it ready in November and does it have an english languagepack?
I would like to know the answer to this question, too.
So could I buy a French version with all the stuff for example from amazon.fr?
This is the right spirit! :) If some distributors have a time to market that is longer than that of other distributors, then they have to deal with the consequences, i.e. customers buying their stuff from the faster distributor. A good example for globalization working in favour of the customer... ;)
I'd like to nuance this a littlebit. You can always change your email adress if you know the email adress, the login and the password. Technically , the player key is only really coupled with one fixed login name.. but if you don't know the password you can't login and change your email adress.. I'll go and change that to clarify it a bit..

I've not seen any lisence agreement text yet and I don't know if it's allowed or not but technically you could if the other user would know your email adress, login and password of the login, so you can change these data when you buy it second hand.

But a difficulty would be that your email adress is the one the focus support has with your lisence... so I don't know if it's allowed to aquire new lisences for that users who buy the game from you. That's why I say the email adress is tied too, but not really with the serial number of the game, but for activation support.
Last edited by BLaHiTiS on 12 Nov 2006 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

• MB:Asus P8 H61
  • CPU:Intel i5 2400
  • RAM:8 Gb
  • GFX:Asus GTX-580 (1500mb DDR5) - Forceware 75.33
  • DirectX: June 2011
  • SND:Realtek HD on mobo
[/size]

Tojar
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Tojar » 12 Nov 2006 14:46

One reason why I think that tying (is it tying or tieing?) e-mail to account is a bad idea, is that license to Trackmania United should be permanent but no e-mail is fully permanent. My own e-mail which I registered my TMU account into, is from my ADSL provider. That's my most permanent e-mail. But what if I move to another region or city? I have to change my ADSL provider, (because it is local) and my email discontinues. Then what???

Markus
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO/TMN/TMU
Manialink(s): XTZone (not finished)

Post by Markus » 12 Nov 2006 14:58

Tojar wrote:One reason why I think that tying (is it tying or tieing?) e-mail to account is a bad idea, is that license to Trackmania United should be permanent but no e-mail is fully permanent. My own e-mail which I registered my TMU account into, is from my ADSL provider. That's my most permanent e-mail. But what if I move to another region or city? I have to change my ADSL provider, (because it is local) and my email discontinues. Then what???
i`ve the same e-mail much longer as 5 years and i didnt live there where i`ve registrated for it!

suggestion: take a freemail adress 8)

[ATP] !n5aN3
sunday driver
sunday driver

Post by [ATP] !n5aN3 » 12 Nov 2006 15:04

oliverde8 wrote:my gand mother is in Switzerland in the German part then she will not be able to buy the game for me :?: :?
if yes I suppose it will not be in German :?:
im living in the german part as well, and as cedric did state in the first post, it wont be available there....
Last edited by [ATP] !n5aN3 on 12 Nov 2006 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

oliverde8
solid chaser
solid chaser
Manialink(s): oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 12 Nov 2006 15:31

:cry: I will wate christmas :cry:
ImageImage
Manialink : oliverde8color>
Servers : STATS <> United | VeryShort | Made In Turkey