Online servers/players list

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Re:

Post by Retodon8 » 10 Jan 2008 19:24

mmexus wrote:"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."
(FireFox 1.5.0.2) how is this link to be used correctly? :?: :arrow: :idea:
dustyjo wrote:HELP
In case it isn't clear by now, that is not an error, and you don't need help. :)
XML files like this are meant to be read and written by other programs (sometimes in/as websites), and be easily readable by humans as well as computers.
They are however usually not meant to be read by humans as is.
There is no style information associated with the XML, which just means Firefox doesn't have anything telling it how to render the file pretty, and falls back to its default rendering.
An example use is this fishy TMN Data Fetcher and Color Parser.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Re: Online servers/players list

Post by Zooz » 10 Jan 2008 19:31

The in-game manialink browser renders XML files, ManiaPages are XML using a bunch of tags Nadeo defined, and the manialink browser renders the page based on the tags in the way Nadeo told it to.

Retodon8
swift roadking
swift roadking
Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8

Re: Online servers/players list

Post by Retodon8 » 11 Jan 2008 08:55

The in-game browser basically has style info built into the program, so it doesn't need (references to) a style sheet in the ManiaPage.
See this article (links to relevant section already) for what happens to XML files displayed in "regular" browsers.

I don't suppose the ML browser is equipped to show the XML files showing player/server data?
Hmmm, I'll try that out sometime, but I doubt it'll work, although it wouldn't be really useful anyway.
Яєזσםση8
ImageImage