TM-FORUM

The TrackMania universal forum ^_^
It is currently 26 May 2017 16:05

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: FIX
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2008 06:24 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Owned TM-games: TMS,tmn,TMU
Screamo wrote:
hi,

but the proxy-bug has not been fixed... :(
so i still cannot access the login-servers and play online.

it seems as if tmforever.exe ignores the proxy-settings of IE which i need to connect to port 80 (i think the login runs via port 80).

netstat shows the following:
Code:
Proto Lokale Adresse Remoteadresse          Status     PID
TCP   t28b104:1547   py-in-f99.google.com:http SYN_GESENDET  3240
[TmForever.exe]

that means trackmania nations forever (and trackmania united forever too) tries to directly access this server via http and not using the proxy-server. a direct access via port 80 is blocked by my uni.(the old tmn runs without any problems)

i think many players have the same problem. (i found a lot of those descriptions)

Nadeo, please help us. We would like to play your great game on the internet too.

>>>> http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11243&st=0&sk=t&sd=a :wink: works for me everywhere(yes, even at the uni)

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008 01:02 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMU
thx it works.

but the connection is very bad (only 64 K via proxies of "your freedom").

i hope nadeo will fix this proxy bug soon. it must be a bug, because trackmania nations (the old one) works and takes the http proxy.
i think this is more important than any graphics fixes.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008 11:34 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Owned TM-games: ALL
Screamo wrote:
i hope nadeo will fix this proxy bug soon. it must be a bug, because trackmania nations (the old one) works and takes the http proxy.
i think this is more important than any graphics fixes.

The proxy is used, but it seems that there is also some direct connections, which should not happen.

Manialinks connections should also use the proxy, which is apparently not the case.

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008 23:52 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS
After playing FET3 this evening I can say that it's now possible to see CP times from the players passing behind you, and hide to close is working when forced visible opponents is on (hide to close is not only fixed for cam 3, but also other cams. Hide to close didn't work with other cams either before the fix).

Thanks Nadeo :3

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2008 20:25 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TM United
Hey,

I have the Steam version of TMU. Will this patch be released via Steam as well?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2008 19:28 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: tmuf
BE CAREFUL WHICH FOLDER YOU CHOOSE WHEN INSTALLING.

I tried applying the fix to TMUF because I was getting poor online performance. I got the directory holding the game wrong and it created a new TMUnitedForever folder inside my current one. So I uninstalled the fix using the uninstall.exe in the newly created folder. This removed that new subfolder but now I cannot apply the fix again. When I try I am told TMUF is not installed on this PC. It is installed, I can play it (but Windows thinks it is gone because it does not show in Add / Remove Programs)!

Anyone have any ideas how I can apply the fix again? Is it a case of just copying in a new exe file for the game?

I hate the thought of installing TMU then TMUF all over again.

Glauco

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2008 16:55 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TM United
@Nadeo: When will this patch be released for the Steam version?

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008 14:45 
pedestrian
pedestrian

Owned TM-games: TMF
This patch seems to have some problems. Specifically, in laps mode the final scoreboard shows times and positions from the last-but-one CP rather than the finish line.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008 21:58 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMU
I tried running the fix, but the install says that "TmUnitedForever was not found on this computer". I have the retail version installed on my computer, I have been playing the original game now for over a year and have been playing it with the Forever patch since it came out. So, what is the problem? I do not have a conventional install of the program. The main program is installed off my C: drive, the install also placed the needed files ON my C: drive in mydocuments/trackmania. Doesen't this FIX installer recognize unconventioanl installs? In this day and age it should.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008 23:36 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz
Mine is installed in F:/(unconventional dir) and it worked fine.
In the beta, a test patch didn't install for me, but they fixed that, so this fix worked fine.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2008 18:48 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMU, TMO, TMS
PurplePants wrote:
This patch seems to have some problems. Specifically, in laps mode the final scoreboard shows times and positions from the last-but-one CP rather than the finish line.

I get the same with the scoreboard before everyone has finished, but the final scoreboard after the race is over is correct if I remember right.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008 17:09 
pedestrian
pedestrian

Other way around: the list popped up by tab is fine but the final scoreboard is wrong. I got a coupla screenies to demo, attached to this. Note that in finishline.jpg c0bby is noting that he lost, so the positions shown here are correct. In scoreboard.jpg he's shown as winning. The times are those from CP 11 (which you can verify from finishline.jpg for those that haven't yet finished).

Also, myBoozyHell has captured a record of 2:16:50 which is credited to him by the server (in finishline.jpg). The times match up there so that's correct, whereas in scoreboard.jpg he's shown as finishing in 2:00.70. This time is clearly wrong (and is the CP 11 time).

Attachments:
File comment: Screenie of the final scoreboard.
scoreboard.jpg
scoreboard.jpg [ 85.32 KiB | Viewed 2535 times ]
File comment: Screenie as I went over the finish line (i.e. popped up with tab)
finishline.jpg
finishline.jpg [ 129.96 KiB | Viewed 2535 times ]

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2008 19:23 
pedestrian
pedestrian

How does one ensure that the developers are aware of a problem like this? It's quite serious, after all - you can't tell who really won.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008 14:52 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TM Nations, United
it needs to be fixed as soon as possible, because its ruining laps racing, which is the only type of racing i do. its quite annoying to gain 1st place between the final checkpoint and the finish, only to be awarded second at the end and not get the points i would have got before the patch.

FIX IT PLEASE.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2008 15:00 
highway camper
highway camper

Owned TM-games: TMUF
:? I installed this update. But now the mods doesn't work anymore. Will TMUF redownload it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next