Fix (optional patch)

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

s!em
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: ALL

Re: FIX

Post by s!em » 04 Jul 2008 12:17

delete the chache and TM will download it

chanceman93
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMUF
Manialink(s): Chance

Post by chanceman93 » 06 Jul 2008 15:28

Hmmmm, it says Trackmania United not found on this computer, but I do have it. :( Maybe becuase it is through steam?

fresco
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TM United

Post by fresco » 06 Jul 2008 16:08

chanceman93 wrote:Hmmmm, it says Trackmania United not found on this computer, but I do have it. :( Maybe becuase it is through steam?
Yep, this version of the patch doesn't work with the steam version of TMU. Nadeo has to release it directly via Steam in order to patch the game there.

I'm still waiting for this!

rat_in_car
road tourist
road tourist
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by rat_in_car » 07 Jul 2008 07:48

Everything in fix is great except this one:
"hide to close modified in cam 3"

I use cam 3 and sometimes want to drive close to opponent to see how his car looks. Now is worst imo.

Also will be good if Nadeo release fix for cam3 in rally environment. Of course this is "rally", so camera must shake etc. But may be a little more smooth I think. My eyes burns!

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 07 Jul 2008 14:45

You can switch "hide too close" off

StevieM
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TM Nations, United

Post by StevieM » 09 Jul 2008 14:05

PurplePants wrote:Other way around: the list popped up by tab is fine but the final scoreboard is wrong. I got a coupla screenies to demo, attached to this. Note that in finishline.jpg c0bby is noting that he lost, so the positions shown here are correct. In scoreboard.jpg he's shown as winning. The times are those from CP 11 (which you can verify from finishline.jpg for those that haven't yet finished).

Also, myBoozyHell has captured a record of 2:16:50 which is credited to him by the server (in finishline.jpg). The times match up there so that's correct, whereas in scoreboard.jpg he's shown as finishing in 2:00.70. This time is clearly wrong (and is the CP 11 time).
is this being looked into? I just reinstalled the game on my new PC and I'm not installing the patch untill it's fixed. I really want to install the patch due to the runtime error and split times fix but I can't untill this problem is resolved.

To put the problem simply, at the end of the race rather than the finishing times/order displaying it shows the finishing times/order through the last checkpoint. So If you were take the lead after the last checkpoint it wouldn't credit you at the end as the winner, as you weren't leading through the last checkpoint. It's basically showing the last checkpoint as the finish line and showing the times from there.

Florent
Developer
Developer

Post by Florent » 10 Jul 2008 10:27

PurplePants wrote:Other way around: the list popped up by tab is fine but the final scoreboard is wrong. I got a coupla screenies to demo, attached to this. Note that in finishline.jpg c0bby is noting that he lost, so the positions shown here are correct. In scoreboard.jpg he's shown as winning. The times are those from CP 11 (which you can verify from finishline.jpg for those that haven't yet finished).

Also, myBoozyHell has captured a record of 2:16:50 which is credited to him by the server (in finishline.jpg). The times match up there so that's correct, whereas in scoreboard.jpg he's shown as finishing in 2:00.70. This time is clearly wrong (and is the CP 11 time).
it works with the beta server. This is happening with people using the fix on previous dedi server.

Deaf_warrior
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS(X), TMU(F).

Post by Deaf_warrior » 11 Jul 2008 19:32

When I try to run the patch, it says:
"The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program."
Do I really need a new TMUF?

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 11 Jul 2008 19:42

It means a new copy of the fix, not TMUF.

xbx
Developer
Developer

Post by xbx » 18 Jul 2008 18:32

Hi there!

Here is an updated fix (optional patch)!

You can download it here
Nations: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmN ... _Setup.exe
United: http://files2.trackmaniaforever.com/TmU ... _Setup.exe

Please those who were having crashes and regressions with the previous fix, can you try this one?
If all goes well, we'll put it on steam soon. (sorry for the delay...)

Main changes since previous fix:
  • many crash fixes
  • Fixed spectator mode keyboard shortcuts (in follow mode, use 1-3 to switch camera, and Ctrl+0-9 to switch players)
  • validation in laps mode (to have a fully debbuged laps mode, you need to have both the game and the server updated to the latest version)
  • manialink browser small fixes (proxy settings now used for all http requests, the videos and sounds are displayed sooner, ...)
  • translations files updated to the latest version

fresco
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TM United

Post by fresco » 18 Jul 2008 19:14

xbx wrote: If all goes well, we'll put it on steam soon. (sorry for the delay...)
Great to hear! Hope it won't take long :)

Mikey
happy cruiser
happy cruiser

Post by Mikey » 19 Jul 2008 08:33

Problem with patch, TMUF doesnt run now, Error message

The procedure entry point GetVolumePathNamesForVolumeNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Help ? Be WARNED !

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Post by Xymph » 19 Jul 2008 10:09

With this version, as well as all previous ones, I have two bugs in the United Solo campaign.

On track SnowD5 (and that track only) the Gold/Silver/Bronze medals are missing in the upper-left corner:

which persisted even after I made close to the Nadeo time:

And in the track browser, Race / Green section, there's a number on the IslandB4 thumbnail (and that thumb only):

That number does increase while I'm gaining more medals, but as you can see it's not the medal total itself, always lagging behind by about 40.

Neither is a serious problem, so I'm just reporting them in case they're easy to fix, and I'm wondering whether anyone else has encountered either bug.

Also, there's still that strange difference between TMUF and TMNF when accessing passworded servers in the server browser:
on TMUF you first need to enter the password before you're even allowed to see the server/players/tracks info (meaning the guestlist is pointless), while on TMNF you first get to see the info and then have to enter the password to join (or can just click OK if you're on the guestlist). Can TMUF be made to behave the same as TMNF?
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Post by Zooz » 19 Jul 2008 10:38

That's normally the number of skillpoints you got when you drove an official run on a track. I guess you don't do that a lot :roflol:

MuLoO
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMU-F
Manialink(s): muloo

Post by MuLoO » 19 Jul 2008 10:40

About the updated "FIX" people who don't have problems with the first fix, should they DownLoad the second fix that has allready a bugg in ?
Last edited by MuLoO on 20 Jul 2008 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
Click the image to join The Power System server
Imagecolor>
Sponsored by Playfaster.net

Xfire: muloo
Burn rubber, not your soul !