Fix (optional patch)

News about what's going on in the community...

Moderator: TM-Patrol

zero9
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN TMUF

Re: FIX. Does not work with Steam Client

Post by zero9 » 11 Jun 2008 00:25

Hi,
This patch does not work if you have the games installed thru the steam platform. I checked the update in Steam and opened the settings for TMUF and no upates thru there either. When I run the update outside of steam it says "TmUnited Forever not found on this computer."

Any timeline on a Steam Client update?

z9

123speeder456
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Re: FIX

Post by 123speeder456 » 11 Jun 2008 03:05

Florent, you and your team are the best. :thumbsup:

:1
a.k.a. Sammon :)

Terron
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: all full+some betas

Post by Terron » 11 Jun 2008 12:27

VryHigh shadow bug is fixed, finally. THX nadeo for this patch

EtherForce
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMU, TMS

Post by EtherForce » 11 Jun 2008 23:53

Will they ever make use of the 'Update' button? :roflol:

zero9
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN TMUF

Post by zero9 » 12 Jun 2008 00:24

Hi looking for help not sarcasm ( I have a wife for that) . If you read my post I tried that also . The Steam client handles the game differently. I also checked the Trackmania Steam Forums . No joy there either just questions. The Steam client will also keep the game updated automatically. Seeing as the patch was manually applied I was wondering if it was going to be applied to the Steam Client as well or a possible workaround.

z9

rboarderi
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMNU

Post by rboarderi » 12 Jun 2008 03:15

This update made me not be able to control the car. I was having the issue where the car would steer to the left or right when using a controller like many other people on this forum have. Now the car just steers completely to the left when I play. Atleast before I could play the game for a few minutes. I can't even play it now. And my controller works fine, so that is not the problem. Could someone come up with a fix for this, I feel like I just wasted my money buying a game that doesn't work.

chazcatrix
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by chazcatrix » 12 Jun 2008 07:16

-stereoscopic additional modes

didn't find... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14476 read my post about what should be done... Or did I miss someting?

Signed: angry russian :grmblz:

f*ckfish
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMNF, TMUF

Post by f*ckfish » 12 Jun 2008 09:34

chazcatrix wrote:-stereoscopic additional modes

didn't find... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14476 read my post about what should be done... Or did I miss someting?

Signed: angry russian :grmblz:
It's a bit hidden: open the launcher, then click "Configure"->"Advanced"->"Compatibility" and check the "Advanced stereoscopy" box. Then you can make a lot of settings ingame by pressing "ESC" and chosing "3d Glasses".
inactive, sorry

jimllfixit
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: all of them

Post by jimllfixit » 12 Jun 2008 10:52

we are on the road to recovery, yeharrr :3

chazcatrix
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by chazcatrix » 12 Jun 2008 11:21

I WILL KILL BUKA, THE RUSSIAN TRANSLATORS!!!
The "Advanced Stereoscopy" is just "Additional" option!

And read my topic... the red problem I wrote about still remains...

Screamo
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMU

Post by Screamo » 12 Jun 2008 20:01

hi,

but the proxy-bug has not been fixed... :(
so i still cannot access the login-servers and play online.

it seems as if tmforever.exe ignores the proxy-settings of IE which i need to connect to port 80 (i think the login runs via port 80).

netstat shows the following:

Code: Select all

Proto Lokale Adresse Remoteadresse          Status     PID
TCP   t28b104:1547   py-in-f99.google.com:http SYN_GESENDET  3240
[TmForever.exe]
that means trackmania nations forever (and trackmania united forever too) tries to directly access this server via http and not using the proxy-server. a direct access via port 80 is blocked by my uni.(the old tmn runs without any problems)

i think many players have the same problem. (i found a lot of those descriptions)

Nadeo, please help us. We would like to play your great game on the internet too.

123speeder456
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by 123speeder456 » 12 Jun 2008 22:14

rboarderi wrote:This update made me not be able to control the car. I was having the issue where the car would steer to the left or right when using a controller like many other people on this forum have. Now the car just steers completely to the left when I play. Atleast before I could play the game for a few minutes. I can't even play it now. And my controller works fine, so that is not the problem. Could someone come up with a fix for this, I feel like I just wasted my money buying a game that doesn't work.
You're probably moving the joystick to the right when you start the game. If that's not the case, then just reinstall the drivers for it. :)
a.k.a. Sammon :)

rboarderi
highway camper
highway camper

Post by rboarderi » 13 Jun 2008 02:43

123speeder456 wrote:
rboarderi wrote:This update made me not be able to control the car. I was having the issue where the car would steer to the left or right when using a controller like many other people on this forum have. Now the car just steers completely to the left when I play. Atleast before I could play the game for a few minutes. I can't even play it now. And my controller works fine, so that is not the problem. Could someone come up with a fix for this, I feel like I just wasted my money buying a game that doesn't work.
You're probably moving the joystick to the right when you start the game. If that's not the case, then just reinstall the drivers for it. :)
no i am not moving the joy stick when i start. It is not a driver issue, do a search on this forum and you will see that many people have the same problem. It is an issue with the game itself and NEEDS to be fixed.

Boogs
cyclist
cyclist
Owned TM-games: TMUF

Post by Boogs » 13 Jun 2008 04:09

Try using 'Freeze Unused Axis' or 'Alternative Method' under the 'Inputs' tab, I think one of those fixes the joystick problem?

rboarderi
highway camper
highway camper

Post by rboarderi » 13 Jun 2008 18:11

Boogs wrote:Try using 'Freeze Unused Axis' or 'Alternative Method' under the 'Inputs' tab, I think one of those fixes the joystick problem?
Nope already tried that, there is no fix to this problem in any of the options. The only fix is NADEO coming out with one.