TM-FORUM

The TrackMania universal forum ^_^
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:32 pm

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Manialinks Forever
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:59 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

Owned TM-games: ALL
Retodon8 wrote:
Check ManiaLink "example", and you'll see a collection of in-game resources known by name.
I simply don't know if that collection is complete

No, it is (probably) not complete, because the styles and substyles there were found by searching words existing in the game, and it's not easy to get all them and test what combinaisons are valid. Smurf made a really great job to build "example" :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:08 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TMS
Manialink(s): ET
Retodon8 wrote:
OK, but I didn't answer my own question. :)

Check ManiaLink "example", and you'll see a collection of in-game resources known by name.
I simply don't know if that collection is complete, so I can't even start answering my question.
If it's not complete, it'd be cool to know which word to use to for instance add the cactus logo seen with desert environment stuff (if that particular graphic is indeed available).

i would not have anwered withought know alot of manialink styles (old and new) and also being fully aware how the game directory is structured and modding etc ..and also being aware of the existing examples provided by good old smurf ... i dont get involved unless i least know what im talking about (well at least think i did lol)

It is probably complete as you are going to get with smurf on the case . .he far more intelligent than i and been around alot longer than you or i in TM ...so if he made it . .thats all ya getting basically unless you do what i ORIGINALLY posted ....

That means i repeat ... Extract the images ... Host them ... Use them ... stop being lazy and do it yaself lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:09 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

jamie_macdonald wrote:
It is probably complete as you are going to get with smurf on the case . .he far more intelligent than i and been around alot longer than you or i in TM ...so if he made it .

lol

The problem to be complete is (i know it: i started to make it, then smurf continue to search and made nice pages to show them) :
- first get all existing strings in the game, which mean getting all strings in the game process memory while it is started, and it is really not easy
- try all that strings as style/substyle combinations for quad, label, etc... and as it is not possible, finding them mean to consider what string looks like a style name, and test on it most strings which look like substrings. And the only way to test is making a xml and open it with the game.

So no, it is definitively probably not complete. But i agree that most have been found by smurf ;)

The only way to really be complete would be to have the string list from Nadeo.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:16 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

ahh ok slig .. ty for info .. im sure this will give retodon8 somewhere to work from ^^

sounds like the good old fashioned trial and error ... so i second retodon8's request to the nadeo guys/girls... can we have a list plz? lol

I dont need for myself but im sure he and many others would like ... and if not a list . .jsut a "no there isnt much more than what smurf found" confirmation would b cool ^^

Good luck in your hunt retodon8 :roflol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 pm 
swift roadking
swift roadking

Owned TM-games: TMSX, TMU(F), TM2:C
Manialink(s): Retodon8
Although I definitely appreciate the work Slig and Smurf have done here, I don't understand why Nadeo didn't/doesn't (won't?) release the info.
Actually now that I read you guys intercepted the data as the game loaded, I'm starting to think Nadeo didn't actually plan on (doesn't want?) others using these resources in the first place.
(I assumed those names came from a file you could read, which would be easier than what you did.)

Jamie, you called me lazy because I didn't extract the images and upload them.
However, that's really not the point... not mine anyway.
I only have a little testing ManiaLink myself, don't currently have a whole lot more planned, so it's a matter of having some more polish to the overall product, not that I'm complaining.
However (my second one) when suggesting I also try and find those resources... then yes, I admit I am too lazy for that. :P

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:40 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

I added in the first post a "new" very interesting tag option : scale ! Thanks to SaTaNaSDiaBoLo on the french forum for the info! :D

scale="1.0" can be use in <label> and <quad> to scale the object, or in <frame> to scale the full frame contents. Value <1 to reduce, >1 to grow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:23 am 
pedestrian
pedestrian

Owned TM-games: TMO, TMSX, TMUF
Manialink(s): rhino
Hi guys, can u tell me, how to make player infos visible on my manialink?
I mean u would see your nick after clicking on some hyperlink.
Of course I know about addplayerid="1" and $p,
but how to make that infos visible?
Please, not in PHP!
I don't know PHP at all!
btw. If you want to see my unfinished manialink, click here:
tmtp://rhino
P.S.Rhino is my new in-game nick. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:26 pm 
Pit Crew
Pit Crew

WicioX wrote:
Hi guys, can u tell me, how to make player infos visible on my manialink?
I mean u would see your nick after clicking on some hyperlink.
Of course I know about addplayerid="1" and $p,
but how to make that infos visible?
Please, not in PHP!
I don't know PHP at all!

You can't : you have to use some kind of dynamic web script.

Btw, without knowing php, you can use it in a very limited way (you need to use addplayerid="1" and $p in links of course) :

* rename your manialink xml file with .php[/b] (so index.php if it's the main script of a folder), and modify your registered manialink url on playerpage if needed

* to show login somewhere in the page, put that where you want it :
Code:
<?=$_GET['playerlogin']?>

* to show nickname somewhere in the page, put that where you want it :
Code:
<?=htmlspecialchars($_GET['nickname'])?>

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:28 am 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

hi slig and all,
i am struggeling with the basics here ... i am fine with the manialink part but the php mix is killing me ... so if you dont mind some basic questions?

Question 1
the example you gave of:
<?=htmlspecialchars($_GET['nickname'])?>
... would that go into the text field inside the quad?
example:
text="<?=htmlspecialchars($_GET['nickname'])?>"

Question 2
for the php file do you have to lead the php with the usual <?php and exit with the normal ?> before and after the manialink parts?

Question 3
if we do have do start and end the file with the php tag prefix/suffix do we then need to echo " "; each manialink <line/quad/frame> etc. or can we just lead the echo at the start of <frame> and end after </frame>? (or even echo the entire manialink content?)

Question 4
in php the // format seems to be "comment out" if so how can you echo a line with a url in it withought commenting out from the // of the web address?
Or alternatively can i remove from the url="" the http:// ?

Question 5
regarding addplayerid="1" just to make sure this is not where i am slipping up ... is this example correct: to register manialink my manialink name as http://www.myhost.com/mymanilink.php?addplayerid="1" would work?
or is it that the addplayerid="1" is an attribute in the <manialink> tagg like: <manialink addplayerid="1"> ?

Sorry to be such a pain but i feel if i grasp these basics i can then move forward somewhat ... thx for your time.

the main manialink i am working on is manialink "jamie" or "jamies" but it is yet to go php :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:25 am 
road tourist
road tourist

Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMUF
Actuality all of your questions are related to the most basic understanding of php. I would strongly advice you to read some basic tutorials about php first.

But a little example to get the examples of slig in perspective where you can forget all about "php comment", "<?php tags" and "echo":

if you have this file:
test.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manialink>
  <timeout>0</timeout>
  <frame posn="-60 -10 5">
     <label posn="-20 0 1" text="login" />
     <label posn="-20 -10 1" text="nick" />
  </frame>
</manialink>

rename it to this and change the content in the label tags.
test.php
Code:
oops wrong sollution. below is the correct one

change your mania link to the test.php and then you can call this with tmtp:///testmanialink?playerlogin=login&nickname=nick

*manialink code is probably wrong or at least strange in the browser since I can't test without tm at work ;)

Last edited by Moriddin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:32 am 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

Ok thx alot moriddin ...
i promise i will read up when i have more time on a php tut ... but with a lack of much time atm i thought it would be wise to ask those "in the know" :thumbsup:
i know alot of the principle of php (unpracticed but understand least the method/process/logic) .. and i am fluent with manilink quads ... its small things about the merger of both that confuse me. Hence me saying "some basic questions" ^^

this will get me a good start :D you have explained alot of the small things i didnt grasp (there are not many examples.. especially the fact that php tut's dont cover sending manialink xml lines hehe :roll: and if they do its not in the basic php tuts i read and excercised on (building mailing forms and using arrays and such i have done ( i believe they are the basics right? :lol: ).

Now i have some work to do ^^ mucho respect moriddin :thumbsup:

P.S. if you could explain a little of the addplayer id question as in, if it is an attribute to the <manialink> tag or if its in the link itself? (thanks in advance)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:50 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

your method fails moriddin im afraid to say ... its hard to understand when i cannot get a working use of such things. :lol:

I get invalid manialink regardless of if i use your example direct or use the method you shown on another manialink atall.

are you sure it doesnt need any of the things i asked of in the first place? because something is missing.

as i say i am 100% comfortable with manialinks (if you doubt check manialink "jamie") but i cannot find one clear and precise example (or even rough guide) anywhere of usage of php and manialink together (how to header/footer the php file etc). i feel once i have the Basic scenario i can then fly with it. if anyone has any info or links to where to get some guide on this i would much appreciate.

thx for trying moriddin

EDIT: i possibly have found i will test but in one of the example manialinks it headers with:
<?php

echo <<<EOT
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manialink>

and the footer is:
</manialink>
EOT;
?>

I will check if this is the info i was looking for and report back.
EDIT2: Nope not it ... i am chomping at the bit to find this basic info ..im sure it must be something small i am missing ... i hope someone can spot it.

Last edited by jamie_macdonald on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:59 pm 
road tourist
road tourist

Oops sorry, my fault.

You have to change it probably in this:

Code:
<?php
  header ("content-type: text/xml");
  echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>';
?>
<manialink>
  <timeout>0</timeout>
  <frame posn="-60 -10 5">
    <label posn="-20 0 1" text="<?=$_GET['playerlogin']?>" />
    <label posn="-20 -10 1" text="<?=htmlspecialchars($_GET['nickname'])?>" />
  </frame>
</manialink>

And in this case you have to make sure there is no space (or complete lines) before the <?php on the first line

Edit (couple of times since i had trouble getting a test setting :X) : Now it should work ;)

Last edited by Moriddin on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:01 pm 
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol

ahhh ... i cross my fingers going to test now ... thx moriddin .. will report back with an edit as normal ^^

EDIT: still getting invalid manialink file ... i registered manialink jamies:test to http://www.dr-ukr.bplaced.net/Jamie_ML/Home.php?playerlogin=login&nickname=nick used the example and also another manilink proven to work as xml and still no go ... its soo confusing lol

Thx again for trying moriddin ...seems very hard to find how eh ?

EDIT55(it seems lol): trying again .. ahh the echo is here ^^ will report back any moment ;)
Continued: OK i now have no errors on the page ... but however i also have nothing else either :lol: i put to left of both fields the titles login: and nickname: to check position and the titles both show but no login and no nickname (it instead shows login: login, nickname: nick... i also tried with adding addplayerid="1" into the manialink header like <manialink addplayerid="1"> and still no joy. any other ideas .. code so far on jamies:test is:

Code:
<?php
  header ("content-type: text/xml");
  echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>';
?>
<manialink addplayerid="1">
  <timeout>0</timeout>
  <frame posn="-30 -10 5">
     <label posn="-25 0 1" text="login:" />
    <label posn="-25 0 1" text="<?=$_GET['playerlogin']?>" />
        <label posn="-20 -10 1" text="nickanme:" />
    <label posn="-20 -10 1" text="<?=htmlspecialchars($_GET['nickname'])?>" />
  </frame>
</manialink>

Last edited by jamie_macdonald on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:27 pm 
road tourist
road tourist

These are manialink problems again which I can't test here :/
You have to test a bit I gues.

One thing I can tell is that the manialink tag doesn't have a addplayerid parameter :P

* but this is hardly a topic where one would build a maniapage i think

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next