Moderator: TM-Patrol

qb-tim
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO+, TMSX, TMUF
Manialink(s): qb-tim

Post by qb-tim » 21 Feb 2007 08:41

Zooz wrote:
0x wrote: My feeling is that Nadeo released this game - they took our money (800,000Euro) and now they are on Bahamas. No updates, no improving, and no worriing about TMU.
:roll:
I totally agree with you. Nadeo should at least show SOME support for the TMU community!

SpaceJocky
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by SpaceJocky » 21 Feb 2007 19:10

qb-tim wrote:
Zooz wrote:
0x wrote: My feeling is that Nadeo released this game - they took our money (800,000Euro) and now they are on Bahamas. No updates, no improving, and no worriing about TMU.
:roll:
I totally agree with you. Nadeo should at least show SOME support for the TMU community!
Ahh...Duh, can't you read...

Florent himself posted that Servers are being moved to better providers as I type, also Cheat detections are being incorporated into a new Dedi server. And while it may not be quick enough for some impatient types, I've never found them not to respond to serious issues, except maybe boosting in TMN. And since TMN is free, I never went very far in blasting em for it. IMO Nadeo has been about as responsive as any gaming provider in addressing what are very tough issues. And a LOT more responsive than say "EA Sports" was when I had to deal with them...

Remember, you've got 10's of thousands 'potential' problems out here, and a few guys to address em...If we start blasting them every time someone percieves a delay in support, I wouldn't blame em at all to chuck the whole thing and start writing medical billing software.

I'm quite disturbed actually about some of the profanity and innuendo aimed at Nadeo, They could do a little better at informing the "English" forums about status and updates and such, but the news usually gets here anyway.

Remember, Profanity is the last refuge of the illiterate...If you can't state an opinion without swearing and wild innuendo, your not gonna get serious consideration. In fact....Your next Nadeo game might be filling in Medicare forms about your erectile dysfunctions...

Spacey
SpaaaaaaaceJockyyyyyyy,
Prounounced with much reverb.

Djoszee
happy cruiser
happy cruiser
Owned TM-games: TMO / TMN / TMUF

Post by Djoszee » 21 Feb 2007 20:20

thanks for your reply florent, it makes me feel a bit better :)
(and yes, I HATE cheaters)

TrabTowN
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMS,tmn,TMU

Post by TrabTowN » 22 Feb 2007 13:03

... as i said earlyer, we would try to script a cheat detection for our server... we did so, and since yesterday its running on our servers... lets called "cheat alarm" ... atm, we will only save the cheaters login and race details(to have proof) in a DB and a Info is shown at the end of a track...if all seams ok it shows just a THX for playing on SpeeedAddicts.com message if not CHEAT ALARM! in the cheat alarm cases it is defenetly a cheater on the server and we know who and its logged... of course, in some rare cases it will not detect, as the trainer is quite a nasty chunk of work(not nice at all for a raceing game)... but i am almost shure we will detect 95% of them... i dont whant to release the script here "official" as the cheaters could see what the script is doing and of course find a way arround it... i am shure Jfreu, Slig, Assembler Maniac, Flo and all the other coders find the same way around it(its a quite small function) or we could even work alltogether(the tool coders) on a better solution... atm i think from the server tool coders side of view, there is no 100% way to detect it so hopefully nadeo will come up with a dedi server side soulution for it ... i would even got an idea what... simple but very effective... but for now the 95% solution will do..

atb
TRAB
100²% addicted

Koroner
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMN, TMU

Post by Koroner » 22 Feb 2007 13:28

Tomorrow after a long time I entered the Skill Ladder, just to know there are people using trainers for TrackMania. Damn, the game had been saving itself for so long...

Anyway I've read here some Florent's posts according to which all the Skill Ladder fake replays are being removed periodically. (Sorry if I'm wrong, couldn't read the whole thread.)

I'm still seeing fake records I saw tomorrow... So, are they removed or Nadeo can't detect them?
(More precisely I'm referring to BayB1 world record and other replays set by... Fallout Boy :?)

Zooz
TM-Patrol
TM-Patrol
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMNF, TMUF
Manialink(s): zooz

Post by Zooz » 22 Feb 2007 19:52

What, Fallout cheats? He's pretty fast, he doesn't need to cheat. Are you sure it's not just a fast replay? :P

Skubidou
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator
Owned TM-games: tmo-tms-tmu

Post by Skubidou » 22 Feb 2007 20:33

Koroner wrote:Tomorrow after a long time I entered the Skill Ladder, just to know there are people using trainers for TrackMania. Damn, the game had been saving itself for so long...

Anyway I've read here some Florent's posts according to which all the Skill Ladder fake replays are being removed periodically. (Sorry if I'm wrong, couldn't read the whole thread.)

I'm still seeing fake records I saw tomorrow... So, are they removed or Nadeo can't detect them?
(More precisely I'm referring to BayB1 world record and other replays set by... Fallout Boy :?)
There are trainers...and trainers...

For what i have read, the trainer avalaible for TMU simply 'block' the clock, the time counter. It does not make the car quicker. It's like if you took a replay, edit it with hexaeditor and modify the time needed for the race, and than post the ghost on TMX... I think that simply taking the replay and passing it in the 'verify replay' in the game will give you the answer if the replay is correct or not. If you download the replay, look at it and seeing the car making the race in the same time as the time indicated by the replay, than the replay is correct... not cheated.

So, what Nadeo need is simply a "replay tester" outside the game (what have been asked for a long time for indepedant compétitions :roll: ) in command line for example, that could test each replay before validating it... But don't see fake replay as soon as someone is quicker than you :wink:

Skubidou:~

P.S.: What protect TMX is the free download of all replays... If everyone is able to download any replay, it can test it (visually or with ingame replay tester), and report any problem. here, you need to 'buy' the replays (more over you can't even buy puzzle replays) and you can only see the 10 first replays of your "ladder"...It's the same as finding problem in (closed) windows and (open) Linux :wink: We have had the same problem with POD in the past... The official ghost gallery began to be filled by cheated ghost, and Ubisoft didn't corrected permanently the problem. On the other hand, a user (QBall) created is own gallery and made more tests on replays to avoid cheating... finally, the official ghost gallery died and the QBall gallery became the real gallery... Who said that ingame replay system will killed TMX :roll: :wink: Just hope that Nadeo will take more time to correct the problem than Ubisoft.... :roll:

P.S.2: But no need of trainer for cheating...just need a good drivers in your custom group :wink: Due to the same limitation that explained above (you only access the 10 first replay of your "ladder"), the replays does not even represent the correct skill of the players... Simply take DesertB3... 2 weeks ago, i was 20th of Belgium, without being able to get a better SP... then i downloaded the replay of one friend in my group and discover a cut on the map... Now i'm 20th of world :D but i suppose that if the 19 previous better players of Belgium will also have access to a good replay with the cut, the ladder would be really different :roll: :wink: So, if you want a real totally legal trainer (and what is really a trainer to train you), simply use Babar :P

Koroner
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Koroner » 23 Feb 2007 07:38

Zooz wrote:What, Fallout cheats? He's pretty fast, he doesn't need to cheat. Are you sure it's not just a fast replay? :P
Well, Zooz, I downloaded his record and behind that ridiculous nick of his (some like "#1Reason4Florent2FixCheats") - which BTW is typical of Fallout style, at least within TMX - he is named Fallout in the replay...
Also, I compared his 17.xx with my [formerly 4th placed] 19.39, and he is far slower than my car. So he just set a slow paced replay and then hacked with it using the trainer (his nickname speaks out loud). I know Fallout is a fast player and doesn't need to do this, but he's also kind of a jerk and actually needs to act like this. :roll:

I agree with his active complaining though. Yesterday his time was still available and so I wonder if Nadeo is doing anything (or can do anything) to remove/prevent the incoming mass of fake replays on the Skill Ladder.

It seems to me you're in the top ten as well on BayB1, try download Fallout's replay. :)

Hor
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Hor » 26 Feb 2007 19:46

The wr on desert B2 is still fake. Why isnt it fixed?
Maybe you(nadeo) didnt notice it because it was just 1 hundred infront of the real wr.

Fleckman
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO,TMS,TMN,TMU

Post by Fleckman » 27 Feb 2007 06:50

And the mp-cheaters (or at least the on I met) are also still active (with their undeserved ladder positions intact).

Koroner
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Koroner » 27 Feb 2007 08:28

That's what I've been meaning so far. Maybe Nadeo just can't tell whether a time was made with trainer or not.

Hor
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Hor » 27 Feb 2007 16:52

If you try to validate the fake record replays in the replay editor you get the message that they wasnt validated or something.
So if the ingame replay editor can detect fake replays, why isnt this validation thing working in solo mode?

Helstar
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Helstar » 27 Feb 2007 18:50

Hor wrote:If you try to validate the fake record replays in the replay editor you get the message that they wasnt validated or something.
So if the ingame replay editor can detect fake replays, why isnt this validation thing working in solo mode?
Nice observation. Plus I wonder how come we get "bad records" from maps with MT or other stupid small scenario blocks changed while these cheaters can validate a fake record without a problem. Paradoxes ...
The music of the future will not entertain; It's only meant to repress and neutralise your brain.

Hor
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by Hor » 27 Feb 2007 20:28

The problem seems easy to fix in theory.
Nadeo just need to add a autovalidation of the replays just after they are driven.
Could solve the solo mode problem, but not online....

Helstar
smooth traffic navigator
smooth traffic navigator

Post by Helstar » 28 Feb 2007 11:53

Hor wrote:The problem seems easy to fix in theory.
Nadeo just need to add a autovalidation of the replays just after they are driven.
Could solve the solo mode problem, but not online....
Online it's already solved with the new dedicated ! (I think ^^)
The music of the future will not entertain; It's only meant to repress and neutralise your brain.