General Discussion about Trackmania United

Moderator: TM-Patrol

racetal
pedestrian
pedestrian
Owned TM-games: TMUF, TMNF, TM2

Trackmania United Forever - Nadeo World Championship

Post by racetal » 06 Oct 2015 13:45

Hello Trackmania United Forever moderators, I am one of the top players in trackmania nadeo rankings in tm1, tm2 (except canyon) and so, me and many other great players I know wanna know why all of the trackmania competitions are in tm2 and about tech where most of the trackmania active players and a nice percentage of the tech tracks (drifts) people today and the tm2 players started from playing Trackmania United. We want a competition for trackmania united about nadeo tracks so that anyone will benefit and be able to choose from tech+tm2 or Nadeo+trackmania united forever. I am talking for |PT| team but I am almost 100% sure that also teams like: LR, NoObz, Storm!, wave, mystique, freaks, LC United, Vodka and many other great teams want a nadeo competition where the winner is simple as always: the one with the fastest time in nadeo maps. (time attack or rounds/cup mode)
To many of us, it seems that 2006-2013 were great years where there were no confusions about versions and competitions where in one version and in my opinion the version with the best physics. Now, many more players chose to stick to Nadeo tracks from United instead of tm2 cause that's what they like, and even though I am good in tm2 (in stadium I am even 3rd world now) I am with them, cause that's what I like. We would like to battle one against another in a world competition now and not only the NTC (nadeo tournament of champions) league once a year cause this is the only current league. We want it to be wider and better & we hope that there will be a world championship for Trackmania United for Nadeo tracks, skill is needed and they are very fun to watch and there is an advantage: anyone knows them and tried his best. there are over 100 stadium tracks in trackmania united forever which is enough for making competitions on and having tons of options for mappacks and many players who want to compete one against another and also watch others fighting for the win. We think that it's time for a world championship in 2015/2016 on nadeo tracks in trackmania united forever. competitions today are based on tech which isn't the only gameplay style in the trackmania series and by doing this competitions only you lose players like us who are willing to train hard and battle for the win. In addition, the change from tmuf to tm2 made many players techniqal problems, mostly phyics problems in the game and that didn't happen in tm1, anyone had a total control on the car and was able to handle 90% of the bugs easily. Now I found it much harder and even though I am better on tm2 ranks I love tm1 much much more for the car handling and control and cause tm2 sadly have bad physics for me too (for ex. can't do long drifts as well as in tmuf) and so I can't play tech tracks well. I am only one example of many in this case. So in a few words, we, the nadeo players, want a world championship too where we can battle one against another and do our best and we want it in trackmania united forever and NOT in tm2. We waited a lot but because it didn't happen we decided to write to you about it. Thx, Tal "Racetal" Harel, |PT| team & the nadeo trackmania community

Xymph
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMU, TMF, TM²

Re: Trackmania United Forever - Nadeo World Championship

Post by Xymph » 06 Oct 2015 16:08

Have you heard of this wonderful new concept called: paragraphs? :shock: Try it some day. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Xymph on 06 Oct 2015 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of XASECO for TMF/TMN ESWC & XASECO2 for TM²: see XAseco.org
Find your way around the Mania community from the TMN ESWC hub, TMF hub, TM² hub, and SM hub

Acceleracer_01
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMF, TM2

Post by Acceleracer_01 » 06 Oct 2015 16:09

Why are you asking other people to host a Nadeo tournament for you? If you want to make something happen, then it's up to yourself to do so. Find some people to work with, work out a possible tournament structure, look for some possible prizes and advertise the whole thing. It might work out or not.
The thing is: The Nadeo community has ALWAYS been focussing on Time Attacking. Time Attacking all the way since 2003. I've barely seen competition outside from the official/TMX ladders on the Nadeo tracks - simply due to the fact that 95% of the Nadeo tracks are not suitable for competitive play at all.
That's why people do not even bother to host any competitions with Nadeo tracks, but rather focus on technical tracks because those have developed to be the competitive style for various reasons.
Additionally, the Nadeo community has always been small and with the game (especially TMUF) becoming more and more silent, I doubt the whole thing will be a success. For the moment I cannot count more than 10 active Nadeo players in the United sector, a few more on Nations perhaps.
If you wanna go for it, go ahead - good luck.
greetz,

racetal
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by racetal » 06 Oct 2015 20:11

Imo you are a bit wrong, the people who wanna have a world championship can't do this by themselves without anyone from the company and there are at least 100-300 players still around looking for a comp that I know. (and there are way more)
The ntc's were outside tmx and tm ladders sites and nadeo players played COMPETENGLY (not just TA, mostly ROUNDS actually) on most of the nadeo tracks. In Addition, tmuf doesn't become more and more silent, I see many many ppl who stopped playing tm2 and moved to tmuf so it's actually the opposite and from the nadeo style players, 90% at least are in tmuf.
I would like to offer a tournament structure that can be quite similar to the tech tracks today if I would know who to talk with. I don't think I shall be responsible for prizes if I am willing to compete, that seems wrong. btw, just the fact that nadeo tracks weren't on many competitions until today doesn't mean they shouldn't be a part of the whole tm tournaments. Thx for reading and hope you got my point.
As there are many competitions for tm2+tech the only thing I ask for (as well as many others) is a world championship for nadeo tracks for trackmania united forever so that anyone will benefit.

Acceleracer_01
speedy pilot
speedy pilot
Owned TM-games: TMO, TMS, TMF, TM2

Post by Acceleracer_01 » 07 Oct 2015 14:54

world championship
Now I am genuinely confused about your definition of "world championship". Something as big as ESWC (or any other LAN)? An online-based competition similar to the ESL?
...without anyone from the company
Which company do you refer to? Nadeo? Ubisoft? Unless you really want to set up an ESWC-like tournament on Nadeo tracks, there is no way you will receive any support from the game developers. Every other competition hoster is completely independent from Nadeo and/or Ubisoft, why shouldn't it work with a Nadeo competition as well?
Addition, tmuf doesn't become more and more silent, I see many many ppl who stopped playing
What I meant is that the whole game is becoming smaller, not only TMUF and the Nadeo scene. You can observe the same thing in the competitive Tech scene in Stadium or Canyon (guess I don't need to talk about Valley here ;p) or in the other substyles.
If you are really not bothering to host the competition yourself, then go ahead and at least talk to people who would be able to host one. Chances are very small, but give it a shot and contact e.g. ESL's admins or the guys responsible for the NTC - perhaps they would consider extending their own tournament to make it bigger.
greetz,

racetal
pedestrian
pedestrian

Post by racetal » 08 Oct 2015 12:29

ok, I understand you now better, and didn't think about ESL thx. And yes, I want a ESWC-like nadeo tournament in tmuf. I shall contact nadeo and tell them I want it to be on their own tracks and talk to the NTC's and ESL's Managers. thank you very much

nick14
highway camper
highway camper
Owned TM-games: TMN, TMS, TMUF

Post by nick14 » 08 Oct 2015 18:03

Hey,

I think this is a great idea. I would like to say that if there would be a world championship, I would definately prefer it to be a team based competition much like the ntc's.

But anyway, you have my support (as far as I can give it) XD.

jgf45
highway camper
highway camper

Post by jgf45 » 09 Oct 2015 12:44

Hey guys, I´m RaceR ;)
Go for it Raceta! ... Anything you need, talk with me :) .